[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cant believe people still defend ORAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (44KB, 750x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 750x404px
I cant believe people still defend ORAS
>>
>>33187179
either Shills or people making bait
>>
I still find it odd that the old versions have more features
>>
I cant believe people still cant acknowledge things have good and bad
>>
Sorry, the presence of your favorite battle facility has no bearing on my enjoyment of the game. Why don't you just go play Emerald?
>>
>>33188926
Why would I play an outdated game you fucking retard?
>>
>>33187179
>wah wah wah battle frontier

I don't understand, it wasn't even that good
>>
>>33189925
THIS
H
I
S

I never understood why people like BF.
>>
>>33189925
>>33190919
>I'm a complete scrub, listen to my hot opinions
>>
>>33189897
Because all you do day after day is bitch about the newer ones.
>>
ORAS=E>RS
>>
>>33187179
I actually like ORAS.
Playing AS right now.
>>
ORAS Was really good until the big fuck you on the battle resort.

Also they fucked up Mauville
>>
File: Battlefronteir.png (137KB, 1901x503px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefronteir.png
137KB, 1901x503px
>>
File: 1483338251352.jpg (512KB, 1280x1229px) Image search: [Google]
1483338251352.jpg
512KB, 1280x1229px
>>33195453
>play online
>run into the exact same few VGC-ready teams and literal children who only know to use Legendaries out the ass
>play Battle Facilities
>run into the exact same few teams and the occasional oddball Pokemon that just so happens to somehow perfectly counter all three of your Pokemon because Battle Facilities blatantly teambuild against you
Two sides of the same shitty coin.
>>
Fuck the battle frontier, the lack of one doesn't make oras bad, oras us bad because it made hoenn worse.
I replayed AS and realized something it doesn't improve ruby and saphire at all.
Look at granite cave for example how is that acceptable.
>inb4 caves are bad brigade shows up
Not only do the fuck up the cave layout but now you have to backtrack to get an aron, sableye or mawile.
This was a big red flag for everything wrong with the game.
>>
>muh rigged meme
Nothing is rigged you retards, the likelihood of you having an unfavorable matchup just increases as your win streak does, just like playing the lottery. Man /vp/ is retarded.
>>33195476
Didn't know I can play the Battle Pyramid online. Or the Battle Arena.
>>
>>33195920
You don't think ORAS's additions make up for it? I mean
>DexNav
>Three new pokes on every route post-national dex
>Shitload of legendaries to hunt down
>Mirage spots add even more pokes in
>Battle resort has tutors out the ass
>Able to fly w/o Fly
>>
>>33196028
Oh wow Legendaries I have already caught 20 times from all the games Ive played. The only good thig to come out of ORAS was flying without Fly. No one gives a fuck about Dexnav besides literal newfags.
>>
>>33195258
Mallville>Mauville

what blows is how they gutted New Mauville after the dope-ass facelift they gave it
>>
>>33196040
Well, I suppose that explains why ORAS are the best-selling remakes.
>>
>>33195987
>Nothing is rigged
You're fucking lying, the matches I play on Battle Tree ALWAYS carry counters for my team to the point of stupidity. Like, three teams of back to back ice types, but I have coverage moves and the game doesn't seem to understand that. Same shit in Battle Subway.

And then they keep showing up throughout until I lose to something completely unrelated.

I'm not going to fucking sit here and listen to some fucktard tell me that game freak doesn't use the most lazy, cheap, superficial way of having post-game challenges when it's staring my right in face.

Fuck. You. Buddy.
>>
>>33196294
>losing to ice types
>move the goal post and say its something unrelated now
Go back to serebii kid
>>
>>33196306
Nice twist you tried there, but I didn't lose to the ice types, some of my guys were weak against them. I lost to random shit or fucked something up, which I wasn't complaining about. The point I'm making that you failed to grasp is that the facilities DO counterpick, even if those picks aren't working, and it's just bad game design.
>>
>Lead with Regigigas, having Normal/Fighting/Ground attacks
>Every single team has a Ghost that's immune to Ground

>Play the Maison again some time later
>Well into my streak, I notice that one particular mon is on every team without fail
I think it was Golem. Since then, I've hardly bothered with battle facilities. They can go get fucked. And this is ignoring the various times where Quick Claw triggers 3x and they crit 3x.
>>
File: 4ReqKsK_d.jpg (42KB, 640x501px) Image search: [Google]
4ReqKsK_d.jpg
42KB, 640x501px
>love Emerald
>hear ORAS is announced
>really hyped because HGSS were great and filled with content
>get OR
>new May looks like shit
>game runs awfully
>still hype because HOENN BABYYYYY
>didn't improve the gyms
>kept the shit babby-tier Exp. Share and made you get it even earlier
>get near end
>no sign of Rayquaza
>literally copypasta'd RS with better graphics
>beat the game while only having a Pokémon faint maybe twice
>hope the post-game will be better
>it's just you catching past-gen legendaries and a copypasta'd Maison
>Masuda straight-up says they casuallised the game because of shitty preconceived notions
>it's been this way since XY
>USUM doesn't look any better given how soon they're being released

DP remakes are gonna be my testing point

If they fuck those up I'm done with buying the new games, I'm sick of GF riding the coattails of their previous good games

The sad thing is I like most of the designs and usually enjoy at least part of the main game, it's just the lack of post-game content that kills it for me
>>
>>33196429
>love Emerald
>hear ORAS is announced
Oh, this is gonna be good

>didn't improve the gyms
You are full of shit. Go compare RSE Wallace and ORAS Wallace.

>no sign of Rayquaza
"WTF why is my Ruby remake not an Emerald remake"
>>
>>33189925
well, might as well scrap every other battle facility then
>>
>>33187179
Gen 6 as a whole was terrible. XY were trash and ORAS tried masking its shit by giving you a ton of legendaries....
>>
>>33196489
>You are full of shit. Go compare RSE Wallace and ORAS Wallace.

His E team is better than his ORAS team

>"WTF why is my Ruby remake not an Emerald remake"

"wtf, why is my 3rd gen remake using the shittier games as a base instead of the GOAT 3rd version"
>>
>>33196520
>Removed elements
Stop right there. This implies they used Emerald as a base for the remakes. They didn't.

>>33196522
>His E team is better than his ORAS team
You mean Wallace, as a champion, gets a better team than Wallace as a gym leader? What the fuck I hate Game Freak now

>3rd gen remake
I'll stop you right there. Omega Ruby is a remake of Ruby. Alpha Sapphire is a remake of Sapphire. They don't remake entire gens - HGSS had Crystal's added content because Crystal barely had any in the first place.
>>
>>33196429
I need to see a bit more of USUM, but as of now? I'm already not fucking buying shit. Give it a few weeks, and games will be back at Gamestop, mark my words. I'd rather give that place money over Game Freak.

>>33196489
>Why is my Ruby remake not an Emerald remake
Emerald is literally just a better version of Ruby and Sapphire. Instead of keeping and implementing it's better elements into the game, they scraped them in favor of trying to make the base RS better... didn't work out and just ended up disappointing. It's taking two steps forward, three steps back, and finally one more step forward.

What do you fucking know? We're right back where we started!

And in case you couldn't tell, that's pretty fucking retarded given 10 year time frame.
>>
>>33196560
>didn't work out and just ended up disappointing
Because you went in expecting an Emerald remake. Goddamn, HGSS gives you the one NPC Crystal added and suddenly all remakes need to have every bit of content from the third versions. Let me guess, you expect the Distortion World in the DP remakes?
>>
>>33196557
And that makes things better how? I'll fucking agree with that list; it still literally means Game Freak purposely decided NOT to include the improvements they ALREADY MADE to these games in what should have been better than a rehash that came out in 2004. These improvements "not being in the originals" is a fucking cop out, and you know it.
>>
>>33196557
Oh fuck, I just remembered Wallace was the Emerald champion.

Still, Juan was pretty brutal with his Kingdra.

Besides, even if HG/SS didn't add in the Crystal content, there's still a lot more fresh stuff in there. Even the copypasted shit from Platinum is miles ahead of the Maison.
>>
>>33187179
I thought XY was shit until I played ORAS.

Then after playing SUMO I realised ORAS wasn't actually that bad and that XY was the best of them.

SUMO's post game is nothing but UBs, Battle Buffet/Morimoto & Battle Tree.
>>
>>33196583
Because it's the next logical step. You don't make something, release an improvement, and then later when you're better equipped for the job, release yet another improvement on the original and ignore previous progress. ESPECIALLY if it was good.

I'll admit, the ONLY aspects of Emerald that shouldn't have been carried over in their entirety are the green clothing accessories and Rayquazza outright stealing the spotlight from Groudon/Kyogre. Merely involving him would've been a subtle enough nod to Emerald's story, as well as serving as a decent tie-in for his Delta story involvement.

Level with me, we're going back to a past era, right? Gen III and all its "glory". So then WHY would it be okay to shaft the better parts of that just because they weren't in the originals? What sense does that make?
>>
>>33196682
went back* to a past era

Fuck, it's like release week all over again
>>
File: Wallace.png (383KB, 1600x1348px) Image search: [Google]
Wallace.png
383KB, 1600x1348px
>>33196591
It doesn't 'make things' better, it shows the mentality behind that image. It's not "let's compare these remakes objectively", it's "let's shit on ORAS". Nothing got "removed", it's a word chosen to give a negative impression right off the bat.

I mean shit, nobody really thinks that image is objective, right? Makes no mention of HGSS failing to fix the flaws with the originals in regards to wild pokemon distribution and level spikes, makes no mention of ORAS significantly expanding some areas, ignores quality of life improvements like DexNav and soaring, claims that ORAS somehow made gym leaders weaker when that's objectively false. I mean, shit, I can keep going - secret bases, DexNav-exclusive Pokemon on each route, added mega evolutions and formes, mirage spots, the Battle Resort (excluding the maison)

>>33196599
Shit, it's debatable as to whether Wallace's champion or Delta Episode team is better, too.

I'm not even saying HGSS are bad remakes. They're quite good. ORAS are good remakes too.
>>
>>33187179
Yeah, me neither. Why should the best game in the franchise need defending? ORAS brought heaps of new content and actually fixed the old content, unlike HGSS, which is inferior to Crystal in pretty much every regard.
>>
>>33196640
I really liked XY for the main game, hated how you easily pick apart the E4 and champion though. was there any post game?

oras has to date the worst post game. it's literally as fun as doing nothing
>>
>>33196753
>unlike HGSS, which is inferior to Crystal in pretty much every regard.

>>33196756
>oras has to date the worst post game.
Whoa anons, let's not get too carried away with our bait.
>>
>>33196768
>Whoa anons, let's not get too carried away with our bait.
are we not talking about delta episode?
the only redeeming thing was catching deoxys. everything else is running back and forth, boring fights and trying your hardest to ignore that god retarded story
>>
>>33196713
Yeah, the list is trying solely to paint a bad picture of ORAS through comparisons, no denying that. It just makes no sense to me that a game with a ten year advancement in tech lacks features from its best predecessor.

But fair points, there were the good aspects of the remake, so at least they weren't complete shit... I still can't say with good faith that ORAS were good, though.
>>
>>33196778
You're forgetting about legendary hunting and the Battle Maison, both of which are objectively superior to what Black/White had.

BW let you hunt down Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus/Thundurus, Landorus, and Kyurem. ORAS gives you all of them and basically every other legend too.

BW had the Battle Subway. The Battle Maison is a straight upgrade on it.

That's all BW had though, so ORAS kind of wins by default, even without factoring in the Delta Episode (shit as it was), secret bases, etc.

>>33196789
>I still can't say with good faith that ORAS were good, though.
You know what, motherfucker? Everybody is entitled to their opinions, I'm just irritated with how people seem to forget everything and anything good about ORAS
>>
>>33196827
BW I skipped, went straight to BW2
>>
>>33196827
You little piece of the internet that is still reasonable and good. I do apologize for any... vehement lashing out I may or may not have directed towards you. ORAS left a very bad taste in my mouth, personally, and I'm still a bit bitter. However, it's cool you could enjoy it, anon.
>>
>>33196837
That explains that, then. BW were so egregious that it completely killed my interest in Pokemon. Until ORAS came out.
>>
>>385827463
>I can't believe people have different opinions than me
ftfy
>>
>>33197847
fuck, meant to quote op
>>
I don't get why people like battle frontier when Battle Maison, battle tree, white/black tree hollow/tower is literally the battle frontier simplified. You battle, you battle, you battle, its the same shit, its insanity. I dont get it.
>>
>>33198068
The Emerald Battle Frontier introduces special rulings with each facility that change the way you approach battles. This can be direct to the way battles themselves work, such as the Arena's scoring system and Pokemon acting on their own based on Nature in the Palace, more indirect like the Factory's rentals having you swap Pokemon out to create a solid team as you go along or picking which Pokemon are most suitable for the coming team and strategy you're alerted to with the Dome, or have some sort of dressing around them like the Pyramid's randomly generated dungeons and the Pike's rooms. This adds way more longevity than nothing but straightforward battles, which of course is still there if you want with the Tower. They all provide experiences you can't get elsewhere, as well.

Emerald's is really the only one that excels, though. Platinum's just doesn't shake things up enough.
>>
i don't care if people defend oras
but if they use that retarded "it's a remake of rs, not emerald" argument they need to think long and hard about their lives
>>
>>33198068
Because you don't get other people can have different opinions, but that's most likely because you don't interact with other people.
>>
>>33196827
>comparing a remake to BW, the first games of its generation
>casually overlooking and downplaying BW's post game
BW didn't only let you hunt down those legendaries, but it added three new towns, several routes, a couple of dungeons, it even added a little story where you catch Volcarona.
ORAS couldn't even be fucked to add a single new route. It only added tiny islands, and the Battle Resort, a massive step down from the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>33198149
I'm convinced it's shitposters. I can't believe there's people retarded enough to defend Gamefreak on their outright laziness. Fuck the director they got to work on it and SM, no wonder they had post game.
>>
>Fire Red and Leaf Green have more post game than ORAS
Embarrassing!
>>
>>33195920
This wtf i actually have to put effort to get those mons now wtf
>>
I liked it, but I realize that's 90% my nostalgia. Seeing team Magma in enhanced graphics and with slightly updated teams was cool, and the updated music was just fantastic.
I also "defend" the exclusion of the battle frontier, but only because I think it is pretty logical to exclude it. I also think that they should've included it, and that that message they put in was a fucking dick move.
>>
>>33198188
>It only added tiny islands, and the Battle Resort
Ah, we're back to pretending ORAS didn't add anything or expand any locations.

>>33198149
>wtf people are pointing out how retarded it is for me to expect my RS remake to be an Emerald remake?
>they're the ones who need to think about their lives

>>33198197
Or maybe people just aren't as autistic as you, anon. I'm sorry you went into ORAS having deluded yourself that they were Emerald remakes when they weren't. If it makes you feel any better, they're the best-selling remakes yet, so the Sinnoh remakes might be similarly made.
>>
>>33198188
>comparing a remake to BW, the first games of its generation
Yep, I sure did. BW has jack shit for postgame. But you're right, it lets you hunt down Kyurem, the musketeer trio, the kami trio, AND Volcarona. My apologies, how will ORAS ever recover.
>>
>>33200556
frlg added a bunch of new shit and hgss included everything from crystal, it was not a stupid thing to expect emerald content (or anything generally interesting) in oras
>>
>>33200671
You quoted my post, I don't understand why you're ignoring the new towns, routes, and dungeons you get to explore post game. ORAS has:

>tiny island with Battle Maison
>Legendaries you can catch, but instaed of dungeons you only walk a couple of steps and press A

That's it. BW actually has more post game than the lazy shit ORAS was.
>>
>>33187179
Way the fuck better than SM, and it's all I got until USUM drops
>>
>>33201570
Because
>new towns
Are entirely barren
>routes
Are entirely barren
>dungeons
Exist solely for the purposes of catching Kyurem and Volcarona. As well, am I to pretend Scorched Slab and Sea Mauville aren't a thing? Existing locations that got heavily expanded > towns with a total of 1 noteworthy NPC
>>
>>33196352
You're not wrong, the battle resort is damn near a rage quit because they wall you with the stupidest shit that only applies to you. The only times I sweep is with an actual co op partner. You wouldn't believe how a drizzle+helping hand combo on a protean greninja just punches through EVERYTHING
>>
>>33201759
>criticize towns and routes for being barren
>pretends Scorched Slab wasn't
Also, Sea Mauville wasn't "heavily" expanded. It's just like the sunken ship in RS.
And I like how, again, you choose to ignore certain parts of my posts, like how ORAS's post game is Battle Maison, and legendaries with no dungeons.
>>
I don't hate ORAS because it's bad.
I hate it for what it represents regarding GF. I hate it because it could've been a much, much better game and the only reason it isn't is because one; GF became extremely lazy after BW2 and started to produce unfinished rushed games, and two; they're scared the younger audiences get away from harder games.
Talk all you want about how ORAS is good enough (enough is the key word here) and all, but we all know this.
>>
>>33199122
It disrupts the flow of the game for mons that are not even game breaking. It's a stupid design choice.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.