[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now we can all agree that Sky Battles were a fucking mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1498340242291.gif (2MB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1498340242291.gif
2MB, 500x321px
Now we can all agree that Sky Battles were a fucking mistake and fucked up the animation of many Pokemon, but you know what really gets me? The fact that all those Pokemon already had standing animations for Amie/Refresh but GF never bothered to give them those animations for battle. Hell most of the animations in Amie/Refresh is superior in general to the Battle animations.
>>
>>33185832

Why would a Pokemon that can fly stand on the ground during a fight?
>>
>>33185844
To conserve energy, if you're just waiting for a command I imagine standing on the ground would be more efficient than constantly keeping yourself aloft.
>>
Its ok, Im sure the next game will fix every problem. GameFreak always listens to the fans and aims for the best quality.
>>
>>33185832
Yep.

But, unpopular opinion, the solution wasn't to remove them outright. If we're gonna be stuck with shitty floating animations, GF might as well use them constructively and find a way to IMPROVE Sky Battles.
>>
>>33185864
haha I don't know :)
>>
>>33185858

They're not "waiting for commands" though, Pokemon don't literally just stand around and take turns hitting each other.

Turns are a gameplay mechanic, what's actually happening is closer to the battles in the anime.
>>
>>33185844
Far less energy consuming.
The main problem is that the flying animations look like shit and isn't how actual flight works.
>>
>>33185870
EDIT: for example, Sky Routes, where you HAVE to do Sky Battles, and go from mountaintop to mountaintop on a Ride Pokemon that can navigate those sorts of heights.

Maybe they could've used to the old JRPG standard of having floating islands that can only be reached by flying.
>>
>>33185875
A bird flapping, or even worse, gliding in place doesn't make the battle look any more dynamic than if it stood on the ground.
>>
File: 12212412.png (52KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
12212412.png
52KB, 160x160px
>no more sassy swanna
>no more totem xatu
>no totem totem xatu
>>
>>33185874
The moment that crooked toothed sack of shit keels over. Is the exact moment Pokemon can get back to being great again.
>>
>>33185844
There are a lot of Pokémon that CAN fly, but are usually depicted standing on the ground, whether in battle or when inactive. As a result, their flying models in gen 6 or 7 look really stupid. Xatu and Tropius come to mind.
>>33185858
In gen 7, Toucannon is a good example of what you're talking about. It stands on the ground most of the time, and flies forward only to attack. A lot of Pokémon could really benefit from this treatment.
Not all of them tho. There are many mons that would look stupid as fuck sitting on the ground, like Hydreigon or Talonflame.
>>33185884
I like this idea
>>
>>33185832
https://youtu.be/RYYun2Rketw?t=33
Pidgeot's animations in the old 3D games were amazing. I miss it.
Actually, I miss all of the old animations, they were so much better.
>>
>>33185983
Pokemon with Levitate should always be floating, it's their thing.
Talonflame is a good example of always flying done well, since it's not soaring like Xatu
>>
>>33185832
>complain about Pokemon just standing still
>complain about Pokemon NOT standing still
You faggots are a real trip.
>>
>>33186720
>/vp/ is one person meme
>no middle ground meme
>comparing bird pokemon to bipedal or quadruped pokemon
>>
Poor vegeta
>>
>>33185844
Why would a Pokemon that can fly glide in place? At least standing there is actually possible. The only Pokemon who fly in their idle position that get a pass from me are ones that flap their wings to stay in the air. Otherwise they are essentially Levitating like a Haunter.
>>
>>33185832
>Now we can all agree that Sky Battles were a fucking mistake and fucked up the animation of many Pokemon
No

Because thats bullshit and a meme tha everyonee believe's in without any confirmation

If flying pokemon models were done with sky battles in mind they'd do ALL flying mons like that, not just some. its obvious they came up with the idea of sky battles after they saw how many flying/floating models they have
>>
Xatu is the only one it's a problem with, maybe Tropius
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.