[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else losing hype day by day for these games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

I'm probably just gonna save up for a switch. These games seem pointless money grab
>>
>>33180851
No dude it's pokemon lol
>>
>>33180851
I smell a switchfag tryharding to make others hate USM and buy his joke console
>>
>>33180861
I don't even have the system and I have 2 3DS. Don't get your point.

I legit don't got any hype for these games and I'm wondering if I'm alone
>>
>>33180873
If this ins't bait (I doubt it), just wait for the news, you can't be hyped about something you know nothing about.
>>
I'm staying hopeful because every third version so far (crystal, emerald, platinum, and b2w2) have been pretty good in my opinion. Also corocoro soon
>>
The hype for third games are drastically lower, but they end up better and playable in the future once the next generations of pokemon gamers dig back to the origins of the game. Future proof.
>>
>>33180851

Can't lose what I never had, OP.

Incidentally, however, I'd put off getting a Switch if I were you- BotW is a step in the right direction, but it's not worth buying a console for.
>>
>>33180851
>These games seem pointless money grab

>I paid for a game that would inevitably be updated and obsolete
>>
>another "why aren't I hype for a game we still know nothing about" thread
I hate this retarded board
>>
I just feel so impatient for news now and it's killing my hype.

It makes me worry whether they have much to show at all, like is this literally going to be the blandest third version yet?
>>
>>33180923
You need to replace B2/W2 with Japanese Blue which is what International Red and Blue were made out of.

May not have had anything extra but goddamn were the Pokemon far less terrible looking.

B2/W2 were sequels, not third versions. Third versions are directer's cuts off the same story, while a sequel is a continuation of said story.
>>
>>33181816
In terms of gameplay though BW2 is basically a third version. Having a proper continued story doesn't really merit being treated separately.
>>
Am i the only one who likes the fact that we know next to nothing about these games

This means i get to shitpost longer because i usually avoid /vp/ few weeks before release so i can play it blind
>>
File: 1463526660972.jpg (137KB, 882x864px) Image search: [Google]
1463526660972.jpg
137KB, 882x864px
>wow wtf Gamefreak you're showing too much and spoiling the game!

>wow wtf Gamefreak you're not showing enough, tell me what features are in the game!
>>
>>33181816
>B2/W2 were sequels, not third versions

B2W2 is both a sequel and a third version just like how USUM is a sequel but also an AU. Call it whatever you want but they are the improved releases of the first games
>>
>>33180851

Hype for another Alola/Gen 7 game when the last one was fucking terrible - Absolute zero.

Hype for the smallest chance that they'll fix everything wrong with SM - HYPE HYPE HYPE

Hype for the games in general - Meh

It's hard to have hype for something we know next to nothing about.
>>
>>33181858
Neither extreme is good - we need balance. SM gave us three months of jack shit and then proceeded to spend the rest of the prelease period completely shitting themselves by spoiling everything.
>>
>>33181858

Ahh there's a massive difference between the 2

1. Showing literally everything before the game comes out by releasing info every few days, that's what people hated, info once every 2 weeks or a month would've been enough to hold everyone over.

2. Announcing a game with a 20second trailer then saying nothing at all about it for 2months to a point that is gets forgotten and seems unimportant to fans.

their marketing is terrible.
>>
>>33181889
>SM gave us three months of jack shit and then proceeded to spend the rest of the prelease period completely shitting themselves by spoiling everything
>SM

that's not how you spell ORAS
>>
File: 1423527619229.png (2MB, 2500x788px)
1423527619229.png
2MB, 2500x788px
>>33180851
I do have hype for USM, not quite as big as my hype when ORAS was announced, but it's there.
What keeps me motivated is that perhaps, they have been actually working on cool features that the fans will enjoy. I'm hoping it will be better than S/M otherwise they wouldn't have bothered making it, considering they KNOW the sales will not be as good as S/M.

>muh opinion
>>
>>33180851
>Be me
>A month ago
>Buy Switch because a friend recommends it
>Play MK8 for two weeks
>Almost everything already unlocked
>Get Arms for my birthday
>Worst game i've ever played in my life
>Only play in handheld mode
>Switch is too heavy to play in bed
>Batteries last 2h max
>Graphic and FPS are shit
>Send it back

I just hope i'll never have to buy a Nintendo console again in my life.
>>
>>33181878
This, people are forgetting Emerald is an AU as well, with a different plot and notable changes on the overworld
>>
>>33181915
ORAS's blank period wasn't three months. Though, it can't be denied that it shat itself as well.
>>
>>33181858
what a shitty post. it's almost like you're so stupid you don't know that there's a balance between the two that game freak don't seem to know about.
>>
File: 1494814372928.jpg (52KB, 800x714px) Image search: [Google]
1494814372928.jpg
52KB, 800x714px
I have a real job, I'm buying them all.
>>
File: 1478061362635.png (25KB, 507x565px) Image search: [Google]
1478061362635.png
25KB, 507x565px
>>33181858
Stop being retarded
>>
>>33180851
>People were considering buying these
Literally no reason. I wasn't even mildly impressed on the release info. They put some black on Solgeo and Lunala and called it a day.
>>
>>33180851
So are we getting a trailer today? What time should we expect corocoro info?

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>33180851
>can't get hyped for USUM because there's no new information
>can get hyped for a game we know absolutely nothing about

This here is the level of intelligence switchfags have.
>>
>>33183075
I don't think people realize this part.

People at the direct thought everyone was mad about no d/p remakes or Pokemon stars

But what we see from pokken DX and ultra sun and moon was so underwhelming

The legends look so goofy
>>
>>33180851
>Shitty island region.
>GF being so uncreative it relates too much to Hawaii instead of making up their own regions.
>Game overall is too scripted and linear.
>Anime Sun and Moon season is shit as well.
>Games are stagnated and can no longer be considered a top product in this day and age.
USUM will not be much better, might have to wait for gen 8 and hope things will improve. The hype for now is dead.
>>
>>33180861
>3DSfag
>Switch is a joke console
weeeeeeeeew
>>
>>33183123
The reveal trailer on Japanese channel only has 320k views in 59 days. No hype at all
>>
I'm starting to forget these things exist. Hearing absolutely no news for such a long time is discouraging.
>>
>>33183130
Both are joke consoles. Nintendo sucks at making hardware.
>>
>>33180851
Wasn't hype to begin with
>>
Not a switchfag, but at least better graphics are guaranteed.

with USUM we know next to nothing.
>>
>>33180851
Nope, I'm getting these as well as whatever game comes out on the Switch.
>>
>>33180851
No. I'm not an underaged impatient autistic contrian faggot like you OP.
>>
i really think we dont have news because they have nothing to show

my bets are, it's exactly the same game, but with reverse or different characters and storyline

but really nothing more added, no more pokemon in the alola dex, no new zone, no new post game, just 2 more trainers in battle tree

i think i'm not so far from the truth
>>
I never had hype for these to begin with. I hated sun and moon so much they would literally have to completely do nearly every aspect of the game to have me enjoy it. If it does end up fixing shit, great. But i have no rush to buy the game like i usually do with previous installments.
>>
>These games seem pointless money grab
This has been Pokemon since day one.
This has been EVERY Video Game since the inception of Video Games.
>>
>>33180861
I smell a Poorfag who wants GF to continue making Pokemon games on 240p Screen
>>
>>33185220
the screen quality has literally no correlation to the game quality at all

you're setting yourself up for disappointment by blaming the games being shit on the 3DS. But it will be funny seeing you sperg over Gen 8 when its out so carry on

>>33184274
Also this.
>>
>>33180851
If GF gives us moves tutors, better frame rate, new pokemon, new alola forms, implementing a way to change hidden power, and more small buffs to old mons I might consider a purchase.
>>
>>33185517
>If GF gives us moves tutors, better frame rate, new pokemon, new alola forms, implementing a way to change hidden power, and more small buffs to old mons I might consider a purchase.

you realize the stuff you're asking is only relevant to online playing, so ultimately you dont have to buy it but to play pokemon showdown

it's not actual gameplay stuff, i think you're totally missing the point on what makes a game good
>>
>>33181858
There's a differenr between not showing enough and showing absolutely nothing.
>>
File: 1495637175079.gif (577KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495637175079.gif
577KB, 540x540px
>>33180851
Do we even fucking know who's directing them? If it's Ohmori again I won't even bother pirating them.
>>
>>33188237

I doubt they'll suddenly start having the same guy direct 3 game pairs in a row. Masuda is grooming Ohmori to replace him so he's likely on the switch games.
>>
trailer drop today
>>
>>33180851
No, but I'm not gaining any hype either

There's been no reason to gain OR lose hype

They haven't said anything, so there's nothing me to be excited about but there's also nothing for me to be disappointed about
>>
>>33188937
trailer drop last week!
>>
It's hard to be hopeful with nothing to hype upon.
>>
>>33180851
Nope because we haven't had news yet, when we get news hype will probably return
>>
>>33181744
Yeah I love playing the updated versions of X and Y
>>
>>33181937
Try harder next time. This is lowest quality bait.
>>
>>33180851
you literally know next to nothing about these games (like the rest of us). maybe find out what they even are before jumping ship
>>
>>33180861
>Stop liking what I don't like because I can't afford it
>>
>>33181791
No

A bland third version is something like adding linear place you only go through maybe twice
>>
>>33185569
Are you guys getting paid to shill this much? Christ.

>Not actual gameplay
Implementing a way to change Hidden Power is.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.