[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Itt: Post your custom Nuzlocke rules

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Young Marco.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Young Marco.png
38KB, 250x250px
Universal rules:
>KO = Either release or box forever
>Blackout is Game Over
>Only catch the first pokemon you encounter on each route
>Nicknaming is mandatory

Here's my set, ORAS specific:
>If you don't nickname (i.e. Spam b to skip through), you can't use the pokemon until you nickname it
This encourages not rushing through the process of the catch
>DexNav is fair game, H O W E V E R: IF you do use the DexNav to catch a pokemon, you must EV train it completely in Super Training until its EVs are maxed out. Failing to do so will render the pokemon unusable until its EVs are maxed out.
DexNav is always controversial in nuzlockes and, most of the time, outright banned. This clause makes it so if you DO use DexNav, you have to prove how invested in that mon you are by EV training it up.
>Shiny Clause: Wild shinies are always allowed in your party
Shinies are an extremely rare case [citation needed], and so, on the off chance that you DO encounter a shiny, you can keep it. Have it in your party at your own risk, though: it will either live or die at your hands.
>No Reviving "dead" pokemon
I know this seems like a no-brainer, but there are some pussies that are too attatched to a mon to lose it or just invested too much time and they wanna bitch about losing it and "revive" it. The whole point of a nuzlocke is for death to be FINAL. If you cared so much, you wouldn't have let it die.

What are your custom rules?
>>
>>33174376
>This clause makes it so if you DO use DexNav, you have to prove how invested in that mon you are by EV training it up.

But youre only proving this to yourself. If you want the pokemon just catch the fucking pokemon and use it whenever you want. Is this the pokemon equivalent of orgasm denial or something? Who are Nuzlockes for? unless youre streaming nobody would know youre doing a Nuzlocke (or breaking your own arbitrary rules)
>>
>What are your custom rules?

I catch any Pokemon I want and KO/Black out is just fine because i'm not fucking autistic
>>
>>33174427
It's for circlejerking in the nuzlocke thread
>>
>Catch only the first Pokemon you encounter on every route, if you fail to do so, then there's no second chances
>If a Pokemon faints, it's boxed forever
>A blackout is a game over
>Nickname all Pokemon you catch
>No healing and held items, use the Pokemon Center to heal your Pokemon
>Use only Pokeballs to catch Pokemon
>No TMs, HMs is an exception
>No catching duplicates
>No catching Shinies either, unless if its a first encounter
>No using Legendaries, not even when you encounter one in the wild in a Randomlocke

I feel like my rules don't make Nuzlockes any harder, though. So I'm thinking of adding more rules and see how much I can push my limits.
>>
>>33174466

>use the Pokemon Center to heal your Pokemon

wow he doesn't even box heal what a pleb
>>
>>33174466
That's a pretty solid set of rules. I think the "no held items" rule is kinda harsh, though: in a nuzlocke, you've gotta be as resourceful as you can possibly be: use the items you come across, and make GOOD use of them.
But the no healing held items is fair if you're playing with the Pokecenter clause.
>>
I only have 1 extra rule when I do Nuzlockes.

>I cannot access my PC at any time, except for when a Party Member dies.

Forces me to use those early routes 'mons.

On my last AS Nuzlocke, caught a Poochyena on route 101 and it made it to Steven Rematch after the Delta Episode. Mightyena became a bro on that Nuzlocke.
>>
The only rule I usually add is: you can use revives, but only the ones you find lying around. Otherwise no buying revives
>>
I like running with the "no duplicates" exception to the first encounter rule. This does leave some routes with no possible captures, but that goes into my next rule(s).

>Breeding/hatching is allowed (and permits duplicates), but the hatched egg counts as the one capture for the route/area you're in
Breeding is seldom worth the return on investment on a Nuzlocke, but it's available if you think the situation is right.
>Breeding is monogamous
Mainly prevents Ditto re-use (especially with no duplicates limiting you to one) and makes the breeding process more deliberate and thoughtful for the player.

>No Pokemon Centers, Home and items only
I went with this for a Gen 3 emulated run since I basically played through gen 1 and 2 using no consumable heals; thought it would be a handicap until 3rd gen Pickup started giving me more nuggets than /k/. At least later gens adjusted the drops.

And speaking of 3rd gen...
>Shedinja appearing in the party counts as a capture much like a hatching egg would
...though good fucking luck trying to make a Shedinja useful in a Nuzlocke
>>
>>33174530
Pleb
>>
>>33174846
t. Edgelord
>>
>Can only catch first mon on routes
>Can catch event mons, ie. Snorlax, Legendaries, etc.
>Can use gift mons
>blackout means your party is dead but if you have mons in the PC you can use them
>box dead mons
>upon beating the game, dead mons are revived (my babies ;~;)
>shinies are freebies and can never die
>no trainer items in battle (held items are fine, and healing items outside of battle are fine, tho obv no revives)
>cannot skip trainers under any circumstances
>must keep a full team if possible
>obv cannot catch more than designated mons, die when fainted, etc

Not sure if my rules are lenient or strict.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.