[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is some of the best content the main Pokémon games have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 699px-Pokéathlon_art.png (610KB, 699x600px) Image search: [Google]
699px-Pokéathlon_art.png
610KB, 699x600px
This is some of the best content the main Pokémon games have had yet. Not only does it offers excellent incentive and rewards in the form of an infinite but fairly limited source of Rare Candy, Heart Scales and PP Ups among other useful items, but the minigames are so fun to play in their own right that they would be worth it even if there were no rewards besides the medals.
>>
>>33172659
One of the many reasons I think HGSS remain the definitive pokemon experience. It's a secondary objective that takes skill, and doesn't require hours of waiting like contests do.

My only gripes are that it does put a lot of wear on the touch screen and it's easier for me to just transfer stones from DPPt.
>>
>>33172659
I never gave it a shot because I hated contests in RSE, I'll try it on my next play through.

What's your favorite event?
>>
>>33172826
It's hard to choose between Ring Drop, Hurdle Dash and Lamp Jump. Goal Roll is the only one I don't like.
>>
>>33172826
not OP but for me i'ts the brick-breaking competition, as you see in the picture, it is simple, fun and rewarding.

it's also fun seeing mons do it that aren't roughly human-shaped, such as Arbok.
>>
>>33172659
The only objectively bad one is pennant capture.
>>
I loved this mode because unlike contests it's actually FUN

Contests are literally just clicking a move that matches the category, waiting a minute for the animations to finish, and then clicking another move that matches the category. It's the most boring unengaging bullshit ever.

And it's not even something they even needed to include, yet they did it anyway. Shows the remake philosophy that went behind HGSS as opposed to ORAS.
>>
>>33173495
I agree but, I feel like contests have potential
>>
>>33173495
>>33174808
Contests should've been actual contests. Much like in pokeathalon, there are various contests to choose from that require more than just pressing a move and waiting for its animation to run. One thing that they could've done with contests is introduce battling where the appeal of certain moves affects the outcome of how much damage it does. The entire goal is to get your pokemon's appeal up while lowering the opponent's HP at the same time, the higher the appeal the more powerful a pokemon's move gets. The goal is to knockout your opponent's pokemon while keeping your appeal as high as possible. Pokemon levels are evened out to keep it fair and using certain type move combinations deal more damage, certain moves lower appeal, certain moves raise your appeal. Moves like Swords Dance would increase your pokemon's appeal as opposed to attack. Certain moves could have effects that involve lowering your pokemon's appeal to deal more damage, or dealing more damage against an opponent's pokemon but raising their appeal. Gamefreak could even balance this more by introducing an appeal stat, or making it that certain abilities now affect a pokemon's appeal. It would be a clever way of spicing up the game, they could make it so even shitmons like Beautifly and Aurorus become top-tier in contests, or cucked mons like Flygon find their use.
>>
>>33172659
I loved using my shitmons and letting them shine in Pokeathlon.
>>
Wow, I guess I really found an opinion that /vp/ can't disagree with, given how few replies there are and no real disagreements yet.
>>
>>33172826
Pretty much everything not in the Skill COurse is great

>>33172659
>>33172816
Another thing is it offers a completely different experience. Nowadays, extra content is just different variations of battles. This (and Contests) changed all the rules completely, giving us a new experience
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.