[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I bring fun back into the old Pokemon games, /vp/? I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: melons.jpg (36KB, 749x650px) Image search: [Google]
melons.jpg
36KB, 749x650px
How do I bring fun back into the old Pokemon games, /vp/? I can't find the new games fun at all, gen 5 and up is just hot garbage. The only ones I can't find fun are Gen 4 and before, but I've played them so much, that it's become dull
>>
>>33171095
Most people have found something to like about the newer games. Maybe you need to just stop being a whiny little bitch and give them a chance.
>>
You need to convince yourself that Gen 1 has some sort of redeeming quality, despite its lack of substantial plot, charm or polish
>>
>>33171095
Are you sure you're playing Pokémon correctly? If you're over 12 you shouldn't play the games for the story 'cause it's obviously gonna be boring. Just rush trough the story as fast as you can and either become a breeder/collector or get into competitive.
>>
>>33171120
Disagree. I find playing through the story a lot more fun than endlessly breeding, EV training, shiny hunting, etc. I'm not saying that you're not allowed to like those things. But to each his own. Anyone can enjoy the game however they choose.
>>
>>33171135
Well i liked the story in sun and moon.
>>
I recommend looking into other monster catching/raising games.

Dragon Quest Monsters is the most similar to Pokémon but it has its own gimmicks that will make it feel fresh.

Digimon World and its remake combine monster battling with digital pets, where raising monsters is a lot more hands on. I've heard that World 3 and the new Digimon Story games are a bit more like Pokémon with traditional battling though.

Shin Megami Tensei series is seen as a precursor to Pokémon by some. It has you recruiting and raising monsters but in a dungeon crawling scenario. Though this is all actually just borrowed from Wizardry IV.

And then there are the obvious Pokémon clones like Fossil Fighters and Yo-kai Watch. To me though, once the newness wears off on those, you can see that underneath they share the same problems as modern Pokémon.
>>
>>33171156
Absolutely seconding this anon's recommendation of Dragon Quest Monsters. Assuming you already have a hacked 3DS, you should really check out the fan translation of DQM: Terry's Wonderland 3DS. Shit's top notch.
>>
>>33171156
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk were the best Pokemon games on the DS. Also, Digimon World 4 isn't a monster raising game at all, but a hack and slash spinoff where you play as a Digimon.

To add to this, the SMT games have a lot of the same basic feel as Pokemon without some of the staleness-inducing problems. The second generation of Robopon games are also pretty solid, despite the terribleness and obvious ripoff status of the first gen. MagiNation on the GBC was a pretty solid game as well, with a lot of enjoyable gimmicks and some interesting monster designs.
>>
>>33171095
>I can't find the new games fun at all
>gen 5 and up is just hot garbage
>I can't find fun are Gen 4 and before

so you don't find any games fun?

sounds like it's time to quit pokemon and move on to something else.
>>
File: 1501587242151.png (121KB, 720x844px) Image search: [Google]
1501587242151.png
121KB, 720x844px
I do an N like challenge, pic related is my Sun and Moon version, but it works for normal gyms by doing the first gym with 1 Pokémon, second with 2 etc.
The general rules are 1 badge = 1 more Pokémon, no Pokémon above the leaders ace and all Pokémon caught have to be available between the last and next gyms and can't be used before.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.