[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Sage 2.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 32

File: Leukoon OP.jpg (132KB, 1358x1286px) Image search: [Google]
Leukoon OP.jpg
132KB, 1358x1286px
Almost 5 years ago, a bunch of anons on /vp/ set out to create something special.
What started out as an effort to create a brand new Pokédex soon evolved into a game dev project the likes of which had never been seen before.
Scores of anonymous posters, all working together on equal footing to cobble together an homage to the games that had shaped their lives so heavily.
As the months turned into years, new faces arrived and old faces faded away.
A bunch of amateurs, most of which with absolutely no experience, slowly started to assemble a monument to their love for a game about collecting monsters.

We have finally reached a great milestone: the completion of our Demo 2.0. The countless combined efforts of everyone, from simple survey voting anons to masterful artists, has let us accomplish this release.

http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo

This is the link to the Demo page. On it, you'll find a link to the download, along with the feedback and bug report surveys.

Playtime is 8-10 hours and goes for 3 gyms.

Yes, this is for real.

If you ever want to help make the rest, post your Discord.

Thanks for waiting for us, /vp/
>>
>>33171056
Why are there no people in your Showdown server?
>>
>>33171068
i personally haven't used it in well over a year.
>>
Well I'll probably be checking this out. Didn't finish the original demo but I did like what I played. Keep on trucking.
>>
>>33171056
I was looking up videos of sage on youtube and I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGpoa2DhEbQ

Care to explain sage devs??? HM????
>>
>>33171740
that's unlisted but hilarious anyways
the dev that made it was super fucking drunk
>>
>>33171757
So how the fuck did I find it
>>
>Already finished the demo twice
This was pretty fun.
>>
>>33171894
glad you're having fun anon, please remember to submit any feedback you have, even if it's just "the game is perfect as it is"
>>
>>33171740
>deleted
what it was?
>>
>>33171909
Sage Anime!!!!
>>
File: 2.0dex Checklist11.png (3MB, 1944x2354px) Image search: [Google]
2.0dex Checklist11.png
3MB, 1944x2354px
I'm surprised no one has gotten Avalynx or Terratetra yet. Unless I missed them earlier.
>>
>>33171894
How much easier was it the second time since you knew the gym leaders sets?
>>
>>33171961
The biggest difference was that I reduced the amount of pokemon that I trained so I was able to be more on level with the leaders instead of under them. Even though I knew their sets, the only one that felt way easier was Cameron because Fettlekish turns him into a joke.
>>
>>33171993
Gonna be starting a nuzlocke of 2.0 guys, what do I name my Aguade?
>>
Is there are a public discord link?
>>
>>33172165
https://discord.gg/VqUxuy
>>
>>33172180
Thanks
>>
>>33172180
>this instant invite has expired or is invalid
>>
>>33171056
Yo Emily, what are the controls?

I figured out that both enter and space are the A button. But I need to know more.
>>
>>33172222
https://discord.gg/s99GjCA
>>
>>33172108
Name it backhair
>>
>>33172309
all intuitive at this point, just go to the controls select screen
>>
>>33172350
Well actually it's not in my opinion.

I figured them out by trying everything.

But having z to Run(B) and c be A with x being the START button is weird. Why not have the A and B keybinds near each other instead of separated by the menu button?

I'm also writing a bug report. I'll probably post it on your discord once I'm done.
>>
>>33172380
all intuitive = i don't fucking remember what maps to what.
>>
>>33172380
Upon further inspection B (x) is both the B button and the menu button but not the Run button.

It's really alienating.
>>
>>33172396
There's an optional controls dialogue as soon as you start the game.
>>
So, devs at the current rate when do you reckon it will be finished?
>>
>>33172855
when your father tells you he loves you faggot
>>
Are you guys still updating the pokemon sprites? Some look almost official, but there are still some really atrocious ones.
>>
>>33172859
If it's never gonna be finished, why bother? :^)
>>
File: smug-smile.jpg (11KB, 326x414px) Image search: [Google]
smug-smile.jpg
11KB, 326x414px
>>33172855
At least three years.
>>
>>33172865
but it took you like 3 years to reach the 3rd gym
>>
>>33172867
Urinium took nine years since it was a romhack before it moved to essentials. Prism took eight because of content bloat.
Sage however, only has the constant bickering of the devs. If they stop bickering and get their priorities straight, the game can be done in three years.
>>
>>33172867
Development didn't actually really start until nearly 2 years in. There was the proof of concept but things didn't really get going until we started focusing on the first demo.
And even then until 2015 focus was mostly on developing the dex.
Half of the project's life was pre-production.
>>
>>33172919
and then it will all be for nothing when you get slapped with a cease and desist from daddy nintendo :^)
>>
>>33172919
>Development didn't actually really start until nearly 2 years in

Yeah and it still took them 3 years after that to get to 3 gyms.

3 years more for a finished game is fucking delusional, it's probably going to be closer to 10 years at the rate these people are going.
>>
>>33172961
who will?
>>
File: 1370606950028.png (15KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1370606950028.png
15KB, 768x576px
HEY FUN MUSIC STUFF BECAUSE IM FUCKING CRAZY and because quintuplets are fun

https://soundcloud.com/chardinal76/quetzar-battle-v02
>>
>>33171056
Any Sage devs here? care to answer why you don't just finish putting the pokemon in the game before playing grab ass about tile sets and trainer sprites
>>
>>33173001
What? The pokemon have been finished for a long time now. Small tweaks are made as time goes on for balance purposes but every mon is already programmed in the game.
They're just not all available to use for obvious reasons.
>>
Is there any chance we could get content updates like we used to? Even if there aren't any more updates, seeing new assets as they're produced was nice.
>>
>>33173001
so you want a really shitty hastily made version of the game with like tiles that don't make sense, no music, fucking awful balance and bugs everywhere or??
honestly I'm not sure what you're asking for

>>33173036
someone has to want to do them
it's not exactly something anyone enjoys doing
>>
>>33173049
Is there any other way to get updates on the game that doesn't require effort on your part?
>>
Is there any sort of ETA for this?
>>
I haven't been following this at all.

Out of curiosity, how long has this been in the works? How long before you will have a full game?

I might check it out when it's done.
>>
>>33173063
check the wiki every so often?
>>
>>33173072
I guess that will have to work
>>
>>33173070
>how long has this been in the works?
Nearly 5 years

>How long before you will have a full game?
No idea. Most likely after 2020
>>
>>33173102
you had the chance to make a 20/20 joke and you didn't take it
good for you
>>
ok i'll be uploading 2.0.4 in a bit
fixes
-some quaver gym shadows
-fixed a weird following mons thing if you decided not to have them follow you
-rock smash in the menu
-non-sticky bag selection
-fucking up with potions shouldn't use them
-legato town house bed
-new mangrove sprite on phone
-some encounters
-cowatti cry
-cliff tiles in legato
-passability in myna corp
-cry of Quaver Cowatti
-passability of cliff tiles in Legato
-priority in dronia
-some illegal moves on regular trainers
-lass walking in front of center in quaver, annoyingly
-foster cubzero wrong ability
-added route 11 for passability testing.
-fixed tempest
-FIXED COPYCAT
-added water pulse anims
-fixed gym 1 trainers being battleable after foster
-some shadow priority in scrapyard
-new UI left out for now
-error with cameron's sign in andante
-observatory stairs fix
-koblin's evolution
-northington's house
-fixed gym TMs not being teachable
-fixed content being a bit out of the box (more to do here)
-fixed the stupid quaver bug

NOT FIXED
-various customs
-some mixels
-weird fishing errors
-spikes errors
-black belt carl (might be fixed??)
-DIG USED IN ANDANTE GYM CRASHES YOU thanks
-following mon graphics weirdness in grass

just hammered that one out

should be... 15 minutes or so?
>>
>>33173049
>you want a really shitty hastily made version of the game
no I want you guys to focus and finish this shit. Fucking Clover was started after and came out before you
>>
>>33173250
>acknowledging mixels and planning to fix them
God bless you.
>>
>>33173310
yeah but clover is rushed garbage
>>
>>33173310
see we do this thing called "quality control"
might wanna look it up
>>
>Phlask in the demo
>Non-catchable
Why are we still here?
Just to suffer?
>>
>>33173310
Clover is a shitty, hastily made game.
>>
>>33173310
Clover is an ironic shitpost in game from.
>>
Will there be a .cia version of this, or would that be incompatible?
>>
>>33174408
this is RPGMAKER and therefore PC only
>>
>>33174418
Ah alright. Shame, but understandable.
>>
File: 8759875.png (32KB, 567x426px) Image search: [Google]
8759875.png
32KB, 567x426px
At this point it may have been said before, but when I reached Quaver town I had no problems getting into route 3 without the badge.
Sure, the guy stop me, but after he's done talking I can keep walking towards the route just fine.
>>
>>33174551
how to beat Foster with Foliat i guess
>>
>>33174551
there's a new version out, get it from the demo page
>>
>Have a bitch of a time beating Cameron
>Finally win, get out and talk to science man who showed up
>Takes me into his house
>Game freezes
Fantastic
>>
File: 125236346474575.jpg (33KB, 322x310px) Image search: [Google]
125236346474575.jpg
33KB, 322x310px
Just finished the demo. What a pile of shit.
If I told anybody that this glorified romhack took over 5 years to create they would burst into laughter.
It's clear that the only thing sage has going for it is its dex. Everything else is a joke. Some autists actually thought that this dog shit mexican based region would be a good idea. Who the fuck wants to play a pokemon game based in fucking mexico of all places?
The characters look like shit, the npc's look like shit, the zones are bland as fuck.

No wonder the thread is dead, everybody stopped caring about this shit when you took a project that could have been done in a year and went full autism about it and have now took 5 years for what? To present us a shoddily made 3 gym demo. l m a o

The only thing anybody wanted was to play with the Sage pokemon. That could have been accomplished in a year, instead we get some cringe worthy fanfiction tier story based in the worst region imaginable.

Fucking kek. 5 whole years for this, embarrassing.

Touhou Puppet Dance Performance is better than this trash and it was built from the ground up by one guy in a year and it has a complex and robust breeding system, the likes of which have never been seen before.
>>
>>33175173
Touhou sucks
>>
>>33175173
Hit the gym you obese faggot
>>
Don't respond to bait
>>
>>33175173
Is the demo really that bad?
>>
>>33175266
he likes touhou so he obivously have shit taste
>>
>>33175266
Play it and find out
>>
>>33172891
So what you're saying is it won't be done in three years.
>>
>>33175303
Maybe.
>>
>>33175283
Puppet Dance Performance is actually pretty legit and i've heard this from people that hate touhou.
>>
Please make Mr. Fontsetti a thing in the games.
>>
>>33175266
He's literally just trolling. You can tell by the utter lack of substantive opinions.
>>
The music in the lab is catchy as fuck
>>
>>33175266
Probably the worst thing I've ever played
>>
these threads help me beat foster. capig, pebblosa, and fawning, just pick one and have fun. i learned this demo doesn't have to be hard.
>>
>>33172998
Is good Nimble
>>
Why the fuck did they throw sand attack on every trainer/pokemon? Who thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>33175803
>Sand Attack on every trainer/pokemon
Literally just Capig and Pebblosa, bud
>>
>>33172861
They have the possibility of being revisited and refined. Make a list of the ones that you reckon need it and put it in the feedback survey.
>>
>>33172969
What? We did three gyms, and a ton of necessary framework, in three years. What did do you think is necessary for the game to make it finished that could possibly take that long? There's just the other gyms, e4, evil team plot and legedaries, and some post-game stuff. Pretty much all content. Only other thing we need is UI, and that only involves the artists, it doesn't hold anything else up. All the big stuff that takes ages and makes people wait (dex, plot, high concept stuff) is long done. We're finishing up designs on major npcs and then it's pretty much just straight nose to the grindstone. It would even be possible to get done in two years. That's assuming nothing goes wrong and there's no real slowdown, so three or higher is more realistic, but ten is just astronomically off-base. I'd be disappointed if we exceeds five.
>>
>>33175914
So you guys are finally gonna finalize the remaining gym leaders and elite four?
>>
>>33175914
>What did do you think is necessary for the game to make it finished that could possibly take that long?

Mapping, scripting, eventing, bug fixing, and any other misc sprite or UI improvements all will take more than 3 years. You're deluding yourself to think otherwise. The amount of time you spent on "necessary framework" is minimal when most of the shit in this game is from a pre-built engine to begin with.

>It would even be possible to get done in two years
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*wheeze*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>33175914
It's going to be four years. You'll spend the next two finishing up designs and routes. You'll spend the third year finalizing everything there and bug-testing. At some point in year 3 the topic of post-game will come up and you'll burn a month arguing about that. After you decide to do post-game you'll spend at least half a year trying to figure out what the fuck to do there including more plot people bullshit. Once that is over, expect to spend close to another 6 months to a year mapping and bugtesting all of the post-game content. After that, and assuming that the current workforce has not drastically changed due to life-events, you're looking at somewhere around 4 and a half years.

What will help you cut down on time is probably active bug-testing of maps as they are implemented, not wasting time arguing over post-game nonsense, and multitasking.

If you do that, you could hypothetically get the game out in 2020. Otherwise, you're looking at 2021.
>>
>>33176037
Outside of bug fixing, that other stuff is pretty straightforward
Small children can competently use RPGmaker, anon
>>
>>33176059
This sounds about right
>>
>>33176063
>Small children can competently use RPGmaker, anon

And yet it still took you 3 years for 3 gyms, anon.
>>
>>33176080
In fairness, at least half of that time was arguing about plot.
>>
>>33176059
>post-game nonsense
It's arguably the most important part of the game
Without something engaging to do after the main story ends, the game has effectively no staying power
>>
>>33176088
To be fair the fact that you're that bad at time management only means finishing the game is going to take far longer than what you're deluded yourself into thinking.
>>
>>33176059
desu this sounds like a far more accurate estimate to me
>>
>>33176115
why the fuck is there weebshit in front of my message
>>
>>33176103
I call it nonsense because you're going to argue like morons over minor details completely forgetting the point of post-game to such an extent as to waste time arguing about how to decide who is right and who is wrong. That and plot WILL drag it under their jurisdiction and WILL create some overly elaborate bullshit that no one likes and everyone bitches about that causes more strife until some time when things are changed.
>>
>>33176125
Because you're a big gay
>>
>>33176125
cuz u talk like a white person pretending to be a black person desu

>>33176103
postgame is honestly unnecessary in a hack. the main thing about the actual games is that you can trade and battle other people which is what keeps it fresh. honestly you could just implement a battle tower clone and call it a day.
>>
>>33176148
>>33176164
my darkest secret
revealed
>>
>>33176164
>postgame is honestly unnecessary in a hack
At that point you might as well say none of it's necessary, just have people play showdown
>>
>>33175086
5 Y E A R S
Y
E
A
R
S
>>
>>33176164
>a hack
For fucks sake you underaged piece of shit, it's pokemon essentials.
>>
File: cirno shock.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cirno shock.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>33175173
Cirno is a giant baka who insults others to feel less pathetic.
>>
>>33176202
exactly jfc

no one is hacking here
>>
>>33176059
this is accurate
>>
File: 745738683568.png (17KB, 552x421px) Image search: [Google]
745738683568.png
17KB, 552x421px
Fuck foster holy shit. I only beat him because I got lucky with misses, flinches, and a confusion hit.
>>
>>33176338
>fuck foster
>proceeds to post team that does nothing but hit ice for neutral or resist
>team is also underleveled aside from starter
I wonder why you struggled.
>>
>>33175086
hahahaha lmao i see what happened here.
i'll just push out a quick patch gimme a few minutes
>>
when are people going to learn how pokemon actually works so they stop complaining about getting shit on by foster? they go in with 6 mons at level 12 tops or 3 mons (a bug and a normal bird) and wonder why they can't spam a to get through?

why are people who have no idea how the games even work occupying this board?
>>
>>33176347
His team has incredible decent defenses for their level.
>underleveled
Yeah well, I beat all the trainers and still had to do tedious grinding to get Bluffin three levels up. The first part of the game doesn't seem to be balanced to carry more pokemons than the starter.
And Koblin is a bitch to train.
>>
>>33176401
Because they suck at pokemon and never played during the pokemon craze when everyone learned together.

>>33176413
Is it his team or your team? Because you're still getting outsped by those mons, you still aren't hitting hard enough, and the irony is that had you grinded Aguade one more level he would have evolved and learned Arm Thrust.
>>
>>33176426
Jeez anon calm the fuck down. I just posted that I had a hard time due to my team and the circustances on which I tried to gym, that's all.
How was I supposed to know the Aguade thing?
I swear some people either have anger issues or just like to argue about everything.
>>
>>33176401
They're spoiled by how easy main series Pokemon is. I fucking love that this game at the very least makes me think when I play, but I still don't think it's that hard if you pace your team and plan ahead well enough.
>>
>>33175086
shit, wish i hadn't missed this earlier
fixed now by quietly pushing out a patch with the new #

i fucking hate northington's house holy shit.
>>
>>33176456
>I swear some people either have anger issues or just like to argue about everything.

The people in this thread are extremely defensive for some reason. Say anything that isn't completely positive about the game and they have to go full autism mode on you. It's pathetic.
>>
>>33176488
I just wanted to point out the grinding is heavily slow on the first two routes if you have more than two pokemon with you. Which has always been a complain in official games.
Honestly I didn't expect people would take it so personally and start throwing insults around.
>>
>>33176506
>Called out for having an unideal team comp
>Taking it personally and being insulted
I said it's no wonder your team struggled and then elaborated further on my position. There was no initial rancor in my post, if anything sarcasm and probably judgement, but why you're insulted is beyond me.
Also the first part of the game is balanced to carry more pokemon than the starter, it's just not easy to do so. And this is coming from someone who fought Foster with six pokemon within level range.
>>
>>33176540
>There was no initial rancor in my post
I wasn't talking specifically about you, anon. There are others in this thread who do took it more personally, which I find hilarious and sad.
>>
File: 1402858006382.jpg (26KB, 192x171px) Image search: [Google]
1402858006382.jpg
26KB, 192x171px
>come back from the beach
>thread is filled with git-gud projecting retards
Lel, I bet these pretentious faggots don't even change the battle mode to SET.
It's always the same shit with this kind of people.
>>
How come there's no option to just have the first pokemon in your party follow you like in HGSS?
I kinda prefer that
>>
>>33177030
anon, you have the option to make whatever Pokemon in your party follow you whenever you want, at any time, in any spot in your party.

just...move the following mon to the one you want.
>>
>>33177030
not really worth coding and implementing. just toggle your first mon to follow when you change your first slot.
>>
>>33177030
Huh, I found the way they implemented very satisfactory myself.
I can have the pokemon I want following me even if it's not the first in my party. Although the addition of an option for the first one to auto-follow wouldn't be bad, by any means.
>>
File: barracute.png (547KB, 1466x623px) Image search: [Google]
barracute.png
547KB, 1466x623px
>>33171918
I'm helping!
>>
File: peeping toms.png (35KB, 561x429px) Image search: [Google]
peeping toms.png
35KB, 561x429px
So what I'm supposed to do here?
>>
>>33177043
>>33177049
I'm just annoyed at how time consuming it is to do that every single time, for just an optional visual thing
>>
>>33177071
1) talk to rancher at day when he's not asleep
2) come back at night and investigate the dreamdery
>>
>>33177071
have you tried interacting with anything
>>
>>33177080
you could always put your mon in its ball...

the feature is as optional as you want to make it. the functionality is improved, I guess the player having choices and having to do a small amount of work for a huge payoff is worth it.
>>
>>33177102
The functionality isn't improved if the old way was better for my purposes
>>
>>33177084
>>33177085
Oh, I've been playing only at night due to my schedule these last weeks.
I'll try going at day, thanks.
>>
>>33177013
>beach
So how many people did it take to push you back into the ocean? Are you dehydrated at all?
>>
File: 2347243y2346743.png (60KB, 552x396px) Image search: [Google]
2347243y2346743.png
60KB, 552x396px
>>33177252
How the fuck did you know, anon?
>>
>>33175173
DELET THIS
>>
>>33175173
Read it in his voice.
>>
>>33177177
I'm sorry that the improved functionality, which includes the functional outcome of the old method, doesn't appeal to your taste because you have to click some buttons.

this fanbase in general is entitled.
>>
>>33177453
>improved
>includes the functional outcome of the old method
>because you can go into the menu to change the option every five minutes
ok

>entitled
I just asked why it wasn't included and you fuckers jumped in to defend yourselves as if it was a personal attack
I'm allowed to not like it you faggot
>>
>>33177524
Holy shit stop acting like a faggot. Im not a dev but you're fucking whining about things. Stop trying to be a smarmy beta and make yourself look good while shitting on sage all because you're passive aggressively complaing about things with the pure intent of complaining but doing so in such a way that further berates the devs so you dont get called out on being a smarmy piece of shit.

You complained about following mons not being like HGSS. This is fair. Where you become a smarmy faggot is >>33177177 and then>>33177524 by pushing some retard narrative that sage rushes to its defense.

Half the devs cant take criticism to save their lives, that's true. But stop being a little smarmy faggot you fucking beta smarmy faggot.
>>
>>33177570
i eat smarm for breakfast
>>
>>33177570
>This is fair
But I'm entitled for wanting it
You even quoted an argument I made for wanting it, which you also replied to with another argument making the case that I'm wrong to want it because it's somehow worse than what we have now

If you're just mad that I assumed you were a dev for rushing to the game's defense and calling me entitled, then why did you contribute to the "smarmy" argument about the feature?
>>
This sure is /vp/
>>
File: 1405875987347.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1405875987347.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
Can anyone teach me how to mod a Pikachu into this game? I can't play a pokémon game without a fucking Pikachu on the team, man...

And I'm really loving this demo and I just cant continue knowing there is no Pikachu available down the line. Someone, please help...
>>
>>33177633
>I can't play a Pokémon game without a fucking Pikachu on the team

Just get a Cowatti and take enough mescaline to just hallucinate it as a Pikachu
>>
Can you get the other starters somehow? Like in the sam game file
>>
>>33177702
Not now.
>>
>>33177702
The other two starter are likely going to be available postgame.
>>
>>33177633
You'd need to have rpg maker I'd think.
>>
>>33177601
You arent entitled. Youre a smarmy faggot. You are the type of person Orson Welles hated for being a smarmy beta, like Woody Allen.

You first say you didnt like, then you complained it was inferior, then you implied people were overreacting and going nuts rushing to defend themselves when all that happened was people question why you cant not be a lazy fuck. You keep trying to downplay your emotional stake in this matter and keep trying to act like it's no big deal when clearly it's enough of an issue for you to be such a smarmy faggot.

Like I didnt contribute to the argument, I simply made an accurate observation that age's following is not like HGSS. Is that undeniable fact at the moment? Yes it is. You attempting to make me look like an asshole is why youre a little smarmy faggot and I fucking hate people like you. You manipulative little smarmy faggot.
>>
>>33177030
>>33177080
>>33177177
>>33177570
>>33177601
>>33177838
if the two of you are gonna fuck at least do it in private
>>
When is the next forseeable demo? A couple years from now?
>>
>>33177911
i really have to wonder why everyone asks this when it's been like. a week.
>>
>>33177887
I'd watch t b h
>>
>>33177911
Next release will likely be the full game in at the very least but likely more than 3 years
>>
>>33177838
>You first say you didnt like
Yes
>then you complained it was inferior
For what I would use it for, which is why I don't like it, yes
>then you implied people were overreacting and going nuts rushing to defend themselves when all that happened was people question why you cant not be a lazy fuck
That was in response to a post that called me entitled for wanting it, which is very defensive

And yes, I do have an emotional stake in this(like you do, with your three fucking paragraph replies), because you're a massive fucking asshole berating me for not being okay with you being an asshole
>>
>>33177911
2026 when they finish the full game
>>
>>33177922
I just want to know.
>>
>>33177911
3-5 years roughly as >>33176059 states
>>
>>33177911
>>33177957

look at >>33176059 for a best case scenario
>>
>>33177962
>best case scenario
No that's what will likely happen. Best case is 2.5 years provided plot people figure their shit out and get post-game bullshit handled fast while allowing everyone else to suggest fun crap.

You have plot done and at this point it's really dialogue and some specifics. Mapping and bug-testing will take up the bulk of your time so make sure to utilize other resources and time wisely while that's going on.
>>
So is the fire grass rabbit is two stages now too to be in line with the the fire water and water grass stone evos?
>>
>>33177986
No its three stages but only two are in the beta
>>
>>33177962
Except that guy did his own math wrong
If arguing about post-game will happen during year 3, then that stuff will happen alongside the bug testing and polishing, reducing the maximum timeframe of 4 and a half years by up to a year
>>
>>33177922
Because they want an ETA? What, are you faggots taking a vacation from your nonexistent development schedule?
>>
File: IMG_4129.png (489KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4129.png
489KB, 640x1136px
>>33178001
Doing things alongside bugtesting would bring it down to 2020 maybe. Otherwise we're looking at 2021-2022.

>>33178048
Because it's asked all the god damned time, jesus christ if you hate sage so much get the fuck out of this thread.
>this captcha
>>
>>33178048
yes
>>
>>33178074
>mocking sage's joke of a dev cycle = hate sage
Take your meds, tumblrina. You can hate one aspect of something and not all of it
>>
>>33178100
Thanks for reminding me actually
>>
>>33178074
We're already more than halfway through this year, so it'll be 2021 regardless
>>
File: 1471257957663.png (332KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1471257957663.png
332KB, 540x540px
>>33177633
One of the good things about RMXP is that it is completely customisable unless the devs lock it down.

1. Read this article http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Defining_a_species
2. Read this article http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon
3. Download a copy of both Pokemon Insurgence and Pokemon Sage
4. Download a copy of RGSSAD - RGSS2A - RGSS3A Decrypter.exe
5. Download a copy of RPG Maker XP (copies are available on the Pirate Bay)
6. Install RPG Maker XP and crack it.
7. Unzip both Pokemon Insurgence and Pokemon Sage. Use the RGSSAD decrypter to decrypt both of their rgssad files.
8. Create a new project in RMXP. Then go into your RGXP folder in my documents, go into the folder Project 1 and delete everything in there EXCEPT FOR THE RXPROJ, then paste in the contents of Pokemon Sage files (minus the rgssad) and paste in the decrypted scrypts obtained from the rgssad decrypter
9. Double click the rxproj file and Pokemon Sage will pop up. Open Tool/Script Editor/Settings and add $DEBUG = TRUE to the top line
10. Close and save then press the green play button
11. Wait for a while
12. Now navigate back to your project 1 folder and you should have a folder called PBS
13.Create a new project in RMXP. Then go into your RGXP folder in my documents, go into the folder Project 2 and delete everything in there EXCEPT FOR THE RXPROJ, then paste in the contents of Pokemon Insurgence files (minus the rgssad) and paste in the decrypted scrypts obtained from the rgssad decrypter (you'll need to run the decrypter again)
14. Double click the rxproj file and Pokemon Insurgence will pop up. Open Tool/Script Editor/Settings and add $DEBUG = TRUE to the top line
15. Close and save then press the green play button
16. Wait for a while
17. You will now encounter a few errors on Pokemon Insurgence due to the anti decryption features of the developer but don't worry, what we want are the graphics and the shit.
>>
>>33178201
i'm surprised no one's done it yet, it's pretty fucking easy to break rpgxp encryption.
keeps the stupid kids from taking assets at least
>>
>>33178201
18. If there is no pokemon.txt in Pokemon Insurgence, download a copy of Pokemon Essentials and find the pokemon.txt in that
19. look at the pokemon.txt of Pokemon sage and decide how many Pokemon there are after having read http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Defining_a_species
20. Now you are going to define Pikachu as a species. Find your pokemon.txt from Pokemon Insurgence or Pokemon Essentials and ctrl+f Pikachu. You need to copy the entire entry over to the Pokemon Sage pokemon.txt and ensure that the ID number is 1 more than the existing number of Sage Pokemon
21. Now go into the Battlers folder and see how the Pokemons are sorted by ID. observe the pattern in filenames.
22. Go into Pokemon Insurgence and copy across the Pikachu images.
23. Go into Pokemon Insurgence and find the Pokemon followers and copy across Pikachu to Project1\Graphics\Characters
24. Go into Pokemon Insurgence and copy across Pikachu into Project1\Graphics\Icons
ENSURE THAT THE NUMBERING OF THE PIKACHU IMAGES IS THE SAME ID AS THE DEFINED SPECIES
25. ENSURE THAT EVERY MOVE IN THE POKEMON.TXT IS DEFINED IN THE SAGE MOVES LIST, IF NOT EITHER REMOVE THEM OR DEFINE THEM. ENSURE THAT EVERY ABILITY IS DEFINED, IF IT ISN'T DEFINE IT IN THE SCRIPTS SECTION OR RMXP OR REMOVE THAT PARTICULAR ABILITY
26. Return to your pokemon sage RMXP and press the green play button. If you haven't fucked everything up it will now load perfectly fine. Open up debug mode an add a pikachu. Don't forget that if you want to evolve pikashit you will also need to repeat this entire process again with a raichu and if you want to add that other baby shit you will need to repeat with baby pokemon
27. Essentials is so customisable that you may add a new character in the game and write up a separate quest or something for pikachu. To do this you will need to learn how to do events and read this http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Manipulating_Pok%C3%A9mon
>>
>>33178265
You can also see from the types, moves and pokemon how you can add shid like fairy type.

The things that take actual coding skill to add are abilities (although you can take these from the pokecommunity forums) and the writing of events (basics are covered in the Essentials wikia) and the modification of the game scripts themselves (which are some variety of Ruby iirc)
>>
>>33178214
I'd like to think that half the """fun""" (well more like eternal pain) in making any game is autistically spriting your own stuff. And then finding out that everything on the tilesheet is misaligned and taking years with the assets because of the sheer number of them needed to make the game.
>>
>>33171918

>still can't catch and train Chihaha or Chegrin

it hurts. I just want a jester puppy
>>
>>33178517
Can't wait for the full game tbqh fampai
>>
Holy shit I forgot to say it.
COMMON SENSE ADVICE: IF YOU ADD A NEW POKEMON TO SAGE BY MODDING THE GAME, IT MEANS THAT ANY AND EVERY NEW VERSION YOU PLAY FROM NOW ON MUST BE REMODIFIED
>>
File: cade.png (48KB, 1290x967px) Image search: [Google]
cade.png
48KB, 1290x967px
>>33171918
Got 'em
>>
>ywn go diving into an abandoned ship on r8 with your hydranticus and surface in air pockets to explore the ship and catch icetope

life is unfair
>>
>>33178707
>icetope
>in abandoned ship
writing this bad can only be from britain
>>
The pickup strat is fucking rockin right now
>>
>>33178761
Pickup strats will win you any pokemon fangame honestly. It farms an OP amount of money and shit.
>>
>>33178737
Unfortunately it's probably going to happen, anon. Either there or the Route before it. People seem allergic to the idea of a line being exclusive to the late-game, like holding it off until Victory Road. You're going to see most of the 'dex before the halfway point.
>>
>>33178796
Route 8 but not the sunken ship
>>
>>33178796
>People seem allergic to the idea of a line being exclusive to the late-game, like holding it off until Victory Road
Because using pokemon is the point of the game
It defeats the purpose if there's no game left to use it in especially if the fags get their way and there's no post-game
>>
>>33178796
Route 8 isn't supposed to be super cold though is it?

Anyways, that's retarded, half the fun is constantly having new pokemon to run into, if you guys blow your load and we've seen everything by the 6th or 7th gym then that's a problem
>>
File: Route 8.png (271KB, 2688x3840px) Image search: [Google]
Route 8.png
271KB, 2688x3840px
>>33178838
>Route 8 isn't supposed to be super cold though is it?
it's been proposed
>>
>>33178838
Route 8 is going to be super cold.
>>
>>33178838
Route 8 will be freezing
>>
>>33178838
There are proposals for it to gradually become an icy, glacier-filled Route. It's unclear if that'll be what it ends up becoming.

>>33178816
That's understandable to a degree but eventually you run into the problem >>33178838 mentions and nothing is a surprise anymore. People seem so focused on wanting to wow the player early on but forget that feeling needs to last throughout the game.
>>
>>33178861
>>33178865
I guess the way it's done in that image looks alright but having the shore area be super cold with ice and all would be dumb. You already have a look at what the climate is like at dronia.
>>
When the final version comes out, i'll be able to patch this demo version and continue where I left off right?

RIGHT?
>>
>>33178890
It's a super old map so it probably won't end up exactly like that. Some suggestions have been making the coast all rocky with darker rocks like this, but it's up in the air right now. It's an optional area so it's shelved at this time.
>>
>>33178915
Oooooo a rocky coast like the old ammonia mines that dotted the pacific coast of South America!
>>
>>33178894
definite maybe
>>
>>33178915
I think making the coast a rocky and colder then like andante and route 10 is a good idea, so like the coastlines around the birtiish isles or (since sage is south america) Chile/Argentina, but having it outright have ice or snow at the shore is too much
>>
>>33178926
I definite maybe will go to japan for my last week alive and then stab my self and bleed out in a forrest if you guys don't make a patch for this fucking demo i swear to GOD
>>
File: guano mine.jpg (133KB, 1024x686px) Image search: [Google]
guano mine.jpg
133KB, 1024x686px
>>33178932
>>33178922
>>33178915
Guano mine.

Look up the peruvian guano mines. People used to farm bird shit because it has ammonia and other valuable minerals for the longest time. Maybe have it abandoned or use it for another coastal locale?
>>
File: 1490804329958.png (31KB, 186x156px) Image search: [Google]
1490804329958.png
31KB, 186x156px
>>33178959
>>33178894
>patching an RGXP game
You won't even need to patch it, if you download a new version it should reference the same saved game folder as long as the devs don't do any RGXP save file fuckery.
>>
>>33178976
*rmxp
>>
>>33178976
tank you kindly friend, I'll wait till the full game releases to end my life now
>>
>>33179038
The devs already said that future save files are gonna be compatible
>>
Does Gamepad support actually work? Do I need Input Mapper or something or is it just not implemented?
>>
>>33178796
>You're going to see most of the 'dex before the halfway point.
oh yeah man I fucking love having to wait until the game is over to use shit
I fucking love having unlockables in my video games once the game is already over, fuck yes.
>>
Is Fortunei not in the demo?
>>
>>33179197
Calcium Four Tooney isn't even in the full game.
>>
>>33179331
>not enough calcium
Nigga take some supplements for that shit. Don't you have like 5 medical people working on your game?
>>
>>33179331
Daw, shame. Why?
>>
>>33179359
Because he was a half-baked character that wasn't developed at all beyond some Nuttypea art and a few shitposts about him being immortal.
>>
>>33179359
There are already too many characters.
If any some could be thrown out.
Sequoia, a couple of the admins and "someone" else could all be lost for no real loss.
>>
>>33179405
>too many characters
Don't levy that garbage when the friendly rival wasn't a thing until plotfucks got their hands on it and forced that shit down our throats.
>>
File: the last shroom.png (25KB, 518x413px) Image search: [Google]
the last shroom.png
25KB, 518x413px
>>33171918
Got the last of the Shrooms
>>
I just looked up Fortunei and he looks like a cool char
>>
>>33177524
I think this was a good way to make it optional for everyone. Not many people like to have following Pokémon so they're free to turn it off, and you'd have to go in the party screen anyway to switch who was the leader. So I don't see why this feature is so cumbersome compared to HGSS where you have to always swap leader Pokémon to be the follower.
>>
>>33179432
friendly rival has been a thing since long before the plot drama happened, how fucking new are you?
>>
>>33179550
Friendly rival being a serious thing is new
>>
>>33179561
no?
friendly rival was planned even before skype drama
>>
>>33179571
Yeah and friendly rival was going to give up by Dronia. That was the oldschool plan.
>>
>>33179561
if by new you mean like 3 years old, then sure.
>>
>>33179405
>>33179401
Was it voted on?
>>
>>33179698
no
>>
Hey faggots, what happened to the shipping chart for members?
I need it for science purposes.
Sincerely, JB.
>>
File: okay.jpg (32KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
32KB, 410x410px
>>33179858
Who?
>>
Wait. Devs mean to say that you're NOT just holding back on us? I thought you gave us a demo for 3 gyms but basically had the maps and scripts up til victory road or the end of the team Aurum. Thats a letdown
>>
what, no, why the fuck would we do that?
>>
>>33179933
The only maps done but not in the demo are route 11, cycling road, route 13, and vivace
>>
>>33179960
Who are you quoting?
>>33179701
Sounds like bullshit
>>
Wheres the guy that wants to trade your maskoon for something
>>
>>33180022
>>33180022
Hahha nevermind
>>
So we hear a lot about what the sage developers do that keeps them from making the game, but what kinds of jobs do you all have? I thought most of you were college-aged NEETs?
>>
>>33179933
Why would devs not release something that is already complete? Use your noggin.
>>
>>33180102
Minor shit. Like have maps but no dialogue for NPCs or encounter rates havent been decided or all the miscellaneous things that make a pokemon game a pokemon game. Or what pokes each trainer has. Gym leaders. Maybe missing spritework on gym leaders and e4. But otherwise plug and play for the next year or 2
>>
>>33176187
>At that point you might as well say none of it's necessary, just have people play showdown
Sounds like SuMo
>>
>>33178648
>They used the worst of the 3 avalynx sprites
>>
So when's 3tops gonna sugi the rest of the dex? it's been ages since his last one.
>>
>>33177071
Wait for the van that smuggles you into the US
>>
File: 016.png (1KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
016.png
1KB, 96x96px
>>33180283
That sprite is out of date, I think the demo was just never updated with the newer avalynx frontsprite because they weren't expecting people to evolve it.

File a bug report for it I guess?
>>
>>33180048
...nice fucking try nintendo
>>
>>33180324
The bottom two on the wiki have both been starred. Which one are thy actually using?
>>
>>33180341
Undecided, they haven't been formally considered yet, but wheoever was in charge of putting sprites into the demo still fucked up because as I posted there was a newer version of the sprite they did put in
>>
File: 1472497787468.png (115KB, 327x333px) Image search: [Google]
1472497787468.png
115KB, 327x333px
>>33180203
You can decrypt the rgssad to look at all the complete assets.

The thing holding them back is probably the artwork. Every fucking route looks like it has a different tileset. Every brick, every tree, every water, every subtle water animation, every detail on the town, every garbage dump would be sprited by hand. They aren't using existing tilesets.

Anyway, for me at least, doing art means half an hour minimum for the sketch to look human (multiply by two if you've got two frames) and a few hours for the colouring. The minisprites would take another few hours.

And their mapping is probably done sequentially in essentials by one person because you'd need the map designation for their encounters.txt and need the route set up for the scripting.
>>
>>33180363
>Every fucking route looks like it has a different tileset.
For the most part, yes. Some areas reuse assets but there's a lot of unique stuff on every map.
>>
>>33180363
(cont)
The sheer number of tilesets are probably the most timeconsuming aspect of the game holding them back, I'd be thinking. And all those little tiles would need to be qc'd individually in order to ensure they fit perfectly together and aren't all 1 px to the left and aren't randomly vanishing off the page. Unless it's been changed to be more efficient, you'd have to position all those tiles on those tilesets with a lot of autism because if one sprite is down the next sprite will be pushed down and the entire sheet will be fucked.

If you've ever seen people try and make a romhack, they always ask for artists especially tileset artists. Tilesets are probably the most boring endeavour for any creatively minded person imaginable but you need an absolute fuckload of them for an original project like Sage. Not so for something like Clover which is just using all the boring original pokemon assets. I haven't seen a single tile from an existing nintendo game. Which means that every single one would need to be made.

Even tile recolours would be a chore due to needing to make sure that they match (only seen once you put the map together) and the fact that you again need to position them on the tileset sheet.

Pokes per trainer, new pokes, battles and dialogues are all text which would be much less consuming than the art.

Move anims are also probably quite consuming if they need to look right. After Effects skills are pretty damn rare anywhere and it's incomprehensible to me but if you try and use PS or other programs for animations, it's like asking to be buttfucked.

I once modded a RMXP fangame so I could have an OC as my protagonist and it probably took me 5 hours to draw them (shittily, I'd add) and five hours to insert it into the game because the pixels kept vanishing. And we aren't even talking about tilesets here, but a single character.
>>
>>33180430
Quite a few of the assets in Clover are new, but you're right in that quite a few are still the unchanged or only slightly changed vanilla ones. Tilesets are indeed hard to work with and make fit with an existing style.
>>
>>33180492
With romhacks you do have to do that additional autism step of indexing and inserting would be a pain although with essentials you can pretty much use pngs.
>>
>>33180498
*which
>>
>>33180430
The grass, tree, and cliff tiles are all stunning, but some of the other tiles you guys have made are not to the same standard. This is very noticeable in towns and cities where the buildings look much more flat and lower quality
>>
>>33180578
I'm not on their team mate at all but yeah I have some of the same thoughts as you do (although I'd much prefer to see more of the game than a revamp)
>>
File: 46[1].gif~c200.gif (3KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
46[1].gif~c200.gif
3KB, 200x200px
Two questions

>will you have anything as good as tuber girls

>will royjibiv be actually useable or is it cursed by two stage shitmon curse
>>
>>33180498
That's true, too, although I didn't want to say it so that it sounded like a 'wah, clover put in effort, too!' sort of thing.
That said, I do want to give props to the guys who did/are doing the tiles and maps in Sage, because they look really good.
>>
I swear to god, if you rename Shibalbat to that stupid ass Chargoyle shit people were babbling about back in 2013 I will end you all.
>>
>>33180657
Well the hamplanet is no longer around to yell about his shitty surveys so there's nothing really stopping us is there?
>>
>>33180657
names have been locked for ages, that's not going to happen
>>
>>33180596
Yea me too, I'm much more concerned about the games completion right now than consistency of the pixel art.
>>
>>33180672
Yeah that's bullshit though. Remember Pebblosa?
>>
>>33180679
No, what happened with pebblosa?

>>33180578
>>33180596
I agree, and this is something i'm gonna be bringing up in demo feedback, you should as well, even if you want them to prioritize working on new content.

If you don't bring it up, it's never gonna get done, even later
>>
>>33180624
Theyre giving it an original ability instead of protean. So its gonna be random/dragon or normal/dragon if you pick intimidate. BUt 113/113 special sweeper seems pretty near
>>
>>33180624
Depends what you like about the tuber girls, but there are some cute brown girls.
And Royjibiv has speed and spA and a good movepool, regardless of if you use it's fun ability.

Honestly I don't really like that Royjibiv can have intimidate normally, so many people will miss out on Spectrum. I'd prefer intimidate be it's HA.
>>
>>33180706
I've brought it up in the feedback already.
>>
>>33180657
>based shibalbat gets changed
>coltergeist stays
>>
>>33180578
I disagree completely.
>>
>>33180783
Nah, he's absolutely right.

Take a look at the buildings in Dacapo, the front faces are all very detailed, and have subtle shading based on implied building overhangs and such. The buildings in every other town and city have no such shading and it makes them very flat. Even the mart, center, and saloon tiles in Legato, which are sprited amazingly well and look great, lack that shading (even if they look so good they don't really need it)

Tremol and Andante's buildings in particular suffer in this regard. And more generally, the exact way the actual shadows cast off of buildings on the floor are positioned and shaped doesn't really match the shape of the buildings in almost every town and that looks offputting on all but a few buildings.
>>
>>33180657
They wouldnt, who in their right mind would switch such an interesting word in the name as Xibalba that just fits perfectly with the word Bat, to something as obvious and generic as charred and gargoyle that sounds as shitty as Incineroar?
>>
>>33180910
sage has made dumber decisions then that would be before
>>
>>33178048
Well we pretty much took a week just to respond to feedback and deal with bugs and argue about banal shit in this thread instead of the usual development channels. But now we're back to work, getting the names for our evil team admins and a final concept for staccato cliffs decided on. The admins still need sprites but then they're ready to be implemented in plot events since everything else is finished, Staccato needs more or less everything, we're just starting on that area. Oh, and we've just finished dronia sewers concepts too.
>>
>>33180363
Mapping is done by committee, same as the whole game.
>>
>>33181100
no fucking wonder nothings been done. Bunch of idea guys and bereaucrats
>>
>>33181128
Sage takes a similar amount of time to other essentials games, so nah.
>>
>>33181151
don't kid yourself
>>
>>33181158
What other Essentials games do you have in mind? I can't think of any that went much quicker, but I can think of a few that have taken a similar amount of time.
>>
What do you guys mostly bicker about that holds progress?
>>
>>33181270
everything
>>
>>33181270
Sports
>>
>>33181270
who has the biggest cock
>>
>>33181317
You guys will be putting your cocksizes in the credits right?
>>
File: oranga.png (5KB, 186x98px) Image search: [Google]
oranga.png
5KB, 186x98px
I'm just a passerthrough anon, and I have a lot going on in my life so I'd probably be unable to join the discord group. So yea, I know I should go there for feedback, but I made this Orangutao sprite and wanted some quick critique before it went on the wiki
It's one of my favorite sagemon, but the current sprite has put me off using it.
>>
I'd play the demos if you could transfer your data to the next version. As is, waste of time. I'll wait for the full story version.
>>
>>33181460
see you in 5 years I guess?
>>
>>33181489
You're too optimistic anon.
>>
>>33172380
>mfw being German and having a QWERTY-keyboard

Setting my system control scheme to ENG isn't hard but it would be great if they could add this in the options
>>
>>33181450
I haven't caught one so I don't know which is which, but left is miles better.
>>
>>33181460
By the time it comes out we'll all have alzheimer's and it will be like playing it for the first time anyway, this demo is still a lot of good content.
>>
I thought about pokemon variety a bit. Are there any plans for Routes 12 & 15? I think those are the main routes for reusing pokemon from earlier routes, one is near water and one is near the jungle but both are tropical.
Maybe but stuff like toxito near the jungle and similar stuff from route 10 on route 12
>>
>>33181580
The current ideas for both AFAIK are sort of a drier tropic, a la inland mexico or african savannah

I expect them to have a mix of tropical and desert pokemon.
>>
>>33181544
i what way?
>>
>>33181450
The right is way better but the light shade on the white needs to be darker.
>>
>>33181639
I dislike how the shading isn't hard enough on the right and makes it look overly pillow-like. Also how the line art is quite jagged and messy. If mines shit that's fine but I still think the original is a bad sprite and someone has to do better.
>>
>>33181654
Both of these sprites actually look fine. It's stuff like Pebblosa and almost all the bug types/human shaped mons that look funny and really off, somehow.
>>
>>33181725
Cascotta's sprite is terrifying
>>
>>33181639
>the right is way better
ehhhhhhhh
>>
File: oranga.png (7KB, 199x98px) Image search: [Google]
oranga.png
7KB, 199x98px
>>33181639
Thanks I guess. I did do some adjustments
>>
File: 1477191079949.gif (10KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477191079949.gif
10KB, 600x600px
>>33181754
Try and get the shades off this mouse.
I'm noticing that the palms are looking a bit too big because it's too light.

I'm noticing also that the leg on our right has shading that is too low compared to the other leg.

>>33181733
The right looks like Watertrainer sprited it. Technically correct and very stylistic but the outline is way too dark which makes it look more like fanart than an actual pokemon sprite.

Of course, both of these two sprites are already great compared to about 50 uhhhhh sprites.

Even this pokemon's pre-evo looks funky whereas the evo basically already looked perfect.
>>
>>33181780
thank you anon. I'm not watertrainer, but I realize my own style tends to get in the way. I'll take note and make adjustments accordingly
>>
>>33181801
Sorry, I meant to say the left one (the left one with the darker outline)
>>
>>33181801
Your one (right one) looks more like a generation V sprite as you coloured the lineart in a lighter colour and also the specific brand of shading.
>>
>>33181805
oh kek
>>
>>33181808
And I take it that's bad because sage is modeled after gen 4?
>>
File: 1490787526470.png (9KB, 191x96px) Image search: [Google]
1490787526470.png
9KB, 191x96px
>>33181814
I'm not working on Sage art.

I had a closer look at the left sprite and they do make some concessions to make it look better. (in the example the whisker looks a bit like a wing)
>>
>>33181450
Yeah the one you made looks a lot better. The softer shading around the beard snd eyes is more aesthetically pleasing to look at.
>>
>>33181600
Sounds great

Maybe devs should out fewer new pokemon when interesting stuff happens on routes. E.g. You dont have to put cool mons on a route if the player focuses on the story
You could introduce the festival boys or do something team aurum related there
>>
>>33181925
Festival boys? You still pushing that garbage?
>>
>>33180730
Cute and brown is nice, but loli is the charm point
>>
>>33182340
No idea. If they are taken out, I'm fine with it but they could be a fun sidequest atleast
>>
>Skullarva is a cute design for a bug
>Mortasque is just a normal ass moth
But why
>>
File: 1358662172396.png (245KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1358662172396.png
245KB, 800x800px
>>33182537
it's actually even dumber looking then a normal moth, with the tubular, connecting body vs a oval separated abodomen.

Having it's abdomen be like this would make it 100x better
>>
>>33182790
Might as well just use Volcarona
>>
>>33182790
That design looks like shit though
>>
>>33182340
>he doesn't want a festival with dancers
>>
>>33183425
i'm not talking about the design as a whole, just that one part of it
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-02+at+09.43.07).png (21KB, 498x374px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-02+at+09.43.07).png
21KB, 498x374px
>>33171918
Shame that he evolved right before the water gym.
>>
>>33183655
>he
>>
>>33182386
None of the trainer classes of that age are as cute or showing so much leg sadly.
>>
>>33184156
That's fucking disgusting
>>
>>33172891
>Prism took eight because of content bloat.
Didn't it also have to be completely rebuilt when pokecrystal disassembly became a thing?

I just remember playing the 2010 Prism beta, thinking it was okay, moving on to other things, and then the C&D shit went down in December and all I thought was "That shit's still being made?"
>>
Is the Good Rod available yet? I just beat the Scrapyard event and I really want a decent Water type because right now my teamcomp is garbage. I think a Cuppy is ideal for rounding out my glaring weak points.
>>
>>33184452
yes, do the lighthouse in andante
>>
>>33184452
Andante bby. I got it in Andante.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.