[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US/UM Hopes VS Reality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: 1479861356596.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1479861356596.gif
3MB, 480x270px
What people want
>More non-Gen1 Alola-form pokemon
>More end-game content
>Nationaldex
>A better story
>literally anything of actual substance

What you already know you're actually going to get
>The already known inclusion of move tutors
>An "expanded" Battle Tree, complete with only a few more old faces to fight against
>A "modified" story to include Necrozma
>More Gen1 Alolamons
>An expanded regionaldex to include 100 new pokemon

Seriously, I don't know why anyone here is excited for this obligatory cash-grab.
>>
Battered wife syndrome
>>
File: 1479144011703.png (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479144011703.png
5KB, 250x250px
>>33167512
Fuck you OP
Gamefreak are the best game developers in existents! You take this back now, jerk!
>>
>>33167512
I have no hopes for USUM. Anyone that thinks we're actually getting post game content is retarded.
>>
>>33167906
This
>>
>>33167512
>>33167517
>>33167531
>>33167906
>>33167922
>please don't buy this game i'm begging you buy my shitty indie game instead
>>
>>33167512
>More Gen1 Alolamons

>implying theyll add more new species in the same gen
>>
>>33167512
My biggest hope, but the one I also know will never happen, is that the starters have new alternate evolutions that are more animalistic, instead of the furshit we got.
>>
I'm pretty hopeful and excited. I don't know why you guys are so fucking jaded. Every pokemon game has been pretty fun. Even the ones I disliked the most (XY), I still really enjoyed. I expect USUM to be no different. Especially as a "sequel" to SM, I can't wait.
>>
>>33167512
Why do people care about the national dex? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>33168002
SM did everything wrong though. It even fucked up trivial things like fucking fishing. How do you fuck up fishing?

>>33168024
Because it was something to do after you beat the game and it meant a lot more pokemon would be catchable. I haven't played the game in a long time but I'm pretty sure there weren't even swarm pokemon. It's like SM went out of its way to make sure there was no post game.
>>
>>33168024
Because there is another 500 Pokemon that I don't get to fill in and catch, evolve or breed for new Pokedex entries.
>>
>>33167928
>*download
>>
I just want Mega for the Jhoto startes and Mega flygon only that :(
>>
>>33168051
>Everything Wrong
Did it really? I gotta say, Gen7 had some of my most favorite Pokemon designs since... Gen 3 or 4 (but 4 doesn't really count).

>Bruxish
>Dhelmise
>Turtonator
>Alolan Raticate

I like Battle Tree. It's not as extensive as Emerald's but I think it's fine. Lack of National dex is really sad and unfortunate but I already have all the pokemon up to gen 6 anyways so i didn't really bother me.
>>
>>33167961
here's your (you) anon, spend it wisely
>>
>>33167531
>Gamefreak are the best game developers in existents!
ERROR! Game Freak only had the luck of creating one of the most popular franchises, they aren't good developers.

The best developers in existence is Retro Studios (Yes, I'm an Nintendo Fan and won't include anything related to SONYshit and Microfail)
>>
>>33168101
Most pokemon, except for the starters, had good designs, but my problem isn't with the designs but why the game itself. It took out a lot of features, as well as adding new ones very badly.

>trials
They were supposed to replaced gyms, but ended up being exactly the same as gyms. "Go here, press A, and battle"
>poke ride
Good idea of replacing HMs but also got rid of bike, which is better than tauros, and some of the poke ride pokemon are only usable once or twice
>map
Not only are routes linear as fuck, but there are literally no dungeons in the game. During the fire trial they skipped a whole cave and teleported you to the top of the mountain out of sheer laziness.
>fishing is fucked beyond repair
>new pokemon are incredibly rare
>game insists on you meeting your rival or main characters every other route
>game constantly interrupts you
>no skip button means that on your second playthough you have to sit through every single cutscene once again
>Battle Tree is just Battle Maison again
>No post game
They're idea of it is having you meet Looker, fly to a patch of grass, catch pokemon, and then go back to Looker.
>>
But I just want Megas and a Frontier and expect neither, regardless we know nothing
>>
>>33168135
Go back to /v/ and grow up on your way to shitland.
>>
>>33168138
>Trials were the exact same as gyms
When I heard the news of this "replacement", I didn't expect any less. I figured it would be basically the same thing. It's an RPG and it will always follow that same traditional Japanese style it has for decades. I just can't imagine how they could have made it different so I figured these trials being "Trials" would be a little more interactive and they were. All in all, was neither disappointed or impressed.

>Poke Ride
I agree. but it all comes around to the fact that they need to expand the 3rd and 4th island and I agree with that.

>Fishing
I don't mind it. It wasn't that big a deal in the previous games and it's not that big a deal now.

>New pokemon are incredibly rare
Uh. I suppose so. I guess, in hindsight, some of them were quite rare like Dhelmise and Mimikyu. But I don't really think it affects the gameplay in any way.

>Game insists on you meeting your rival every other route
So like XY. At least our rival and companions in SM were WAY more likeable than XY.

>Game Constantly interrupts you
I suppose I agree. It did feel unnecessarily cut-scened

>Battle Tree = Battle Maison
Yep. I do like the Battle Tree's placement way more than the Battle Maison being at the end rather than right at the beginning. It seems more momentous. Also, the idea of this humongous infinitely tall tree and these shitter trainers are battling on mushroom platforms is really cool to me; rather than a bunch of deans and shit, smoking pot in a mansion.

>No Post Game
Yes. I would really like something like Battle Frontier. That would be amazing but Battle Tree is pretty fun. I still play it every now and then.
>>
>>33168135
>Game Freak only had the luck of creating one of the most popular franchises, they aren't good developers.
They could be if they'd just listen to us instead of making stupid assumptions about children though.

For anyone who would actually disagree with this by the way, do keep in mind that them being bad is precisely why they ended up with such a big hit. It was all the bugs etc. in Gen 1 that got our imaginations running, after all.

And this is partly why their marketing sucks now. They know for having talked about in past interviews about the hidden shit having helped sales (most of which was obviously unintentional though they didn't mention that - it's why they still have event legends to date because Mew was the sole intentional one), that it did just that.

While spoilers are nonsense, the complete lack of exploration and overwhelming amount of hand holding (unlike Gen 1 and 2 which had some open worldness to them in that some Gyms/areas could be done in any order) combined with them telling us almost everything about them beforehand is what's killing them lot of it for people.

There's nothing to just find on your own anymore. Why would people keep playing them when there's nothing new to keep doing?
>>
>>33168223
>Yep. I do like the Battle Tree's placement way more than the Battle Maison being at the end rather than right at the beginning. It seems more momentous. Also, the idea of this humongous infinitely tall tree and these shitter trainers are battling on mushroom platforms is really cool to me; rather than a bunch of deans and shit, smoking pot in a mansion.
I think you meant Battle Chateau anon
>>
>>33168263
>It was all the bugs etc. in Gen 1 that got our imaginations running, after all.
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>33168263
Sorry anon but I liked Red and Silver because it was a fun game on its own, not because of some glitches or apparent rumors I didn't find out about until I got high-speed internet after Sapphire came out.
>>
>>33168024
because the fucking goal of the game is "gotta catch em all"

but what's the point in catching them if it's not even saved in the pokedex at this point
>>
File: 1377560567559.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
1377560567559.gif
2MB, 310x325px
>tfw just want it for the move tutors
>The sound of playing through the god awful story a second time makes me want to kill myself
I think i can skip move tutors for this generation. Especially so if the switch version will have them. Implying the switch version isnt just going to be a new pokemon stadium style game
>>
>>33168421
They said it would be a core RPG game.
I actually hope that they take a note from Zelda and make progression non-linear. Basically, you can do gyms in any order and after beating each gym leader, the wild pokemon in some areas and other gym leaders get stronger.
>>
>>33168051
>I'm pretty sure there weren't even swarm pokemon
I guess they thought Island Scan (aka go on the internet and Google some QR codes) would justify this.
>>
>>33168489
The problem that comes with that is then you can end the game with pidgeys being level 60 or some shit because you wanted to do the first gym last. Seems like it would mess up a lot of the flow of the game unless the starting town was in the direct center of the map.
>>
Just tell me people that I am not the only one who wants to Audino mirage spots and Blissey bases back. I have enough of grinding near Battle Tree where everything I see is a fucking Pelipper which don't even give a good amount of exp. And Lv 100 is pretty much needed for Hyper Training (who cares about the fact that Battle Tree requires just Lv 50?)
>>
>>33168543
It wouldn't be a problem though. Let's say you start at the center of the map and can go to any gym of your choosing. After you beat the first gym you chose, it causes all the other gyms to get let's say ten levels stronger, and certain patches of grass to have stronger pokemon as well as rarer pokemon show up too, which would encourage exploration and backtracking.
>>
>>33168138
>Most pokemon, except for the starters, had good designs

Is it weird that I loved every gen 7 design, including all three starters and their evolutions.
>>
>>33167512
I'll be happy with just a couple of new alola forms, because i can't see gamefreak not adding new alola forms
>>
File: 1476678383720.jpg (24KB, 589x310px) Image search: [Google]
1476678383720.jpg
24KB, 589x310px
>>33167512
>Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and BW2 were good
>people think USM won't be good
>>
File: 1480801918295.jpg (157KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480801918295.jpg
157KB, 1280x960px
You also forgot on the "Reality" part
>Ultra Wormholes hastily scattered around Alola in postgame that act as gateways to other dimensions that just so happen to link to other universes wherein you can catch Every Single Legendary* (*Trading mandatory) because of the Generational Marking demanding that GameFreak must do this every single generation at some point
>>
File: 1481173547927.jpg (33KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
1481173547927.jpg
33KB, 600x347px
>>33167512
I expect it to be like what you said except the "modified" story has twice as many cutscenes as the original making it even worse to play.
I refuse to pay money for a mainline Pokémon game until Game Freak gets their head out of their asses. Last game I bought was XY, because I liked Gen 5 and didn't expect the big 3DS debut to be so bad. I'm probably going to wait until the Switch has piracy before I get any Pokémon games past USM.
At least we have fangames and ROMhacks, even if Nintendo is actively trying to stamp them out.
>>
>>33168622
>XY had no post game and removed some previous features
>ORAS had no post game and removed all features from Emerald
>SM had no post game and removed features

This is why people don't think USM will be good.
>>
>>33168314
You mean you didn't like Butterfree, Pinsir or Scyther?
>>
>>33167512
I want two more generations worth of starter megas
>>
>>33168360
Pokebank solves everything, and it's future-proof.
>>
>>33168051
I thought it was good enough. Gen 6 was the one with almost 0 postgame.
>>
>>33168263
Maybe BotW's success will make GF rethink their approach to game design.
>>
>>33167512
>Seriously, I don't know why anyone here is excited for this obligatory cash-grab.
Well, most of this board praises BW2, and it was a less significant revision than your proposed "what you're actually going to get," so, yeah, no surprise people are excited.
>>
>>33169249
BotW didn't compete with Pokemon at any point, so I doubt it.
The only reason Yokai Watch had any influence was because they stood as short-lived competition thanks to the fad.
>>
File: 1448134437570.png (79KB, 194x197px) Image search: [Google]
1448134437570.png
79KB, 194x197px
What I want:
>option to skip cutscenes
What I'll get:
>even more unskippable cutscenes
>>
>>33169249
Botw was so boring though. It takes like 20 minutes to get to a town and you always die on the way so you have to save abuse. I hope Pokémon stays to its roots and has a regular path. A longer game would be good too. SM takes like 2 days to beat. All the other games took me 4+ days(except oras but its a remake of an old game)
>>
>>33169696
>dying in a zelda game
>not using fast travel if it's so bad

>>33169259
I meant by people liking Breath's open world, open ended, non-hand holding design. The audiences of each aren't all that different.
>>
>>33168795
But it's also inconvenient. What if I just want to look at a Pokemon and all their animations? Oh, guess I'll have to close the game and open up an app for that. Instead of just making it a part of the game like it's supposed to, they complicated it and made it 1000x worse. Fuck whoever thought that was a good idea.
>>
>>33167512
What you already know you're actually going to get
>An "expanded" Battle Tree, complete with only a few more old faces to fight against
>I don't expect this
>More Gen1 Alolamons
>I don't expect this either
>An expanded regionaldex to include 100 new pokemon
>I also don't expect this

You've let small hopes blend into your expect category OP. You should crush those hopes and expect the bare minimum:
>move tutors
>necrozma
>>
>>33167512
What i want:
>less cutscenes
>less gen 1 pokemon
>less fucking wingull, jesus fucking christ
>better fishing
>unfuck the festival plaza

what we'll get:
>encounter tables hardly changed at all
>move tutors which are still glorified single use tm's
>some shitty story nobody cares about involving the ugly abomination that is necrozma, with maybe zygarde somewhere
>no alolamons at all
>more shitty trials
>>
>>33168592
What happens if you release/trade away all of your high level pokemon? Do the patches go back down to a low level? Are some patches reserved to always be a certain range? I don't see why they can't just make a linear game where you go do eight gyms, beat a criminal organization, then beat the pokemon league. End game is basically just wifi, battle tower and vgc anyways, so just keep the games simple and fast.
>>
This is why I only like the Pomémon games & not the anime, too bad I can't afford any video games!
>>
>>33170212
>End game is basically just wifi, battle tower and vgc anyways,

>boring battles against the same teams, or teams that rely on luckhax is acceptable endgame
>>
>>33170212
>What happens if you release/trade away all of your high level pokemon?
No one would do this though. And if they did, then it's just like in the original games where you just fucked yourself and have to grind up new mons.

>"I want a linear game"
Pokemon games have been going down in quality for this very reason. Just like Zelda, they follow a certain formula religiously to the point that the games are now bland. Gamefreak's current "fix" for this is to make the game revolve more around a story, but it's failing badly.
>>
>>33170197
hopefully aura break perfect zygarde
>>
>>33170464
And lord knows GF cannot write a good story to save their lives (though BW's was probably their best attempt).
>>
>>33170959
BW was a pretty good game. The final battle against N was easily in the top 5 best battles in the franchise.
>>
>>33167512
Don't forget about the assload of gen1 fanservice and some references to the retarded anime
>>
File: 148486622526s.jpg (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
148486622526s.jpg
5KB, 150x150px
>>33167928
>indie game
>buy
kek
>>
I just want Doubles to finally become the official battle mode for the main game. I'm tired of sending out just 1 good pokemon and steamrolling the enemy 1 by 1
>>
>>33168489
>I actually hope that they take a note from Zelda and make progression non-linear
I wish but I don't have hopes so high
>>
>>33173140
This sounds awful.
>>
>>33173140
Either have more double battles in the main game, or have some actual support for competitive singles. Instead of consistently ignoring it's problems to focus more on competitive doubles
>>
>Dia/Per sucked ass
>Platinum is sexy as shit
>BW was somewhat bad
>bw2 are fucking kings
>r/s were men
>emerald was a+
>g/s is an ok from me
>crystal is a yes yes from me
>Su/Mo sucked ass
>Us/Um ???

>inb4 muh pattern
>>
>>33173580
>SuMo
>>
>>33168654
all of those are first game versions. why would you expect oras to have emerald features?
>>
>>33168654

>ppl expecting special version content on main version games
>>
I just thought of something that would be great for making the postgame better. There should be some additional ride pokemon after you beat the game so those give you access to new areas throughout the whole map. for example you could get something that dives or climbs rocks and that could take you to new areas.
>>
>>33167512
delet lillie
delet cutsceens
delet pussy brain dead easymode
>>
delete the fucking ride music. I'd rather listen to static than that shitty song
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.