[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mandela Effect pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: pikachu mandela.jpg (48KB, 710x354px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu mandela.jpg
48KB, 710x354px
Did you notice any yourself? For me Pikachu is the most obvious, since its tail stopped having a black tip.
>>
File: 13884466220027.jpg (21KB, 620x299px) Image search: [Google]
13884466220027.jpg
21KB, 620x299px
>>33165657
>>
File: Remember how fat the fucker was.png (17KB, 145x161px) Image search: [Google]
Remember how fat the fucker was.png
17KB, 145x161px
>>33165657
The Pikachu tail thing is completely explicable, though.

Sugimori's original Gen I watercolors used white space for highlights. The tip of Pikachu's tail was among the highlighted areas in its art.

So, your brain remembers the tip of Pikachu's tail as being different from the rest of the tail. But it doesn't remember a different hue there. In trying to fill this blank space, it draws--quite logically--from the tips of Pikachu's ears. After all, they're the only other real protrusions from the Gen I art, so it makes a certain kind of sense that, if their tips had a different color than their lengths, the tail's missing tip-color would match theirs. Pichu's black tail serves as corroborating evidence for this logic and deepens the fiction.

Looking at Pikachu's Gen I sprite, however, reveals exactly how awkward it would have looked if the tip were black. It's not just a matter of a color being changed on you sneakily--the shading of the entire tail would have to be different, which would probably necessitate a different pose.
>>
>>33165657
I've never had this problem. But then I've been into art since I was a child, so I'm very detail-oriented.
>>
friendly reminder that only normies experience mandela effect on pikachu having a black tipped tail because they never really followed the pokemon franchise
>>
It never did
>>
>>33165811
This
>>
>>33165789
Or more likely, they're just conflating the black ear tips with the tail.
>>
>>33165657
How do people think this?
Are they confusing Pikachu with Pichu?
>>
>>33165657

Newfag.

Anyway some colors were swapped and changed throughout the gens but the tail has always been yellow.
>>
>>33165657
You might have it confused with Cosplay Pikachu
>>
>>33165657
Been with franchise from day 1, aged 8. I remember drawing Pikachu with the black tipped tail all the time as a kid. Not sure why, but I think my brain just wanted the tail to match the ears. Never took it as some Madela effect thing, though. Still interesting nonetheless.
>>
I distinctly remember one-shotting a Clefable with my Machamp's Cross Chop when I was playing Crystal as a kid. But now when I try that in Moon it says it's not very effective and it barely does 25% of its health bar. Have I fallen into an alternate universe?
>>
>>33165981
I'll bite.
Clefairy was normal type before gen6.
Now Clefairy is Fairy type.
Fairy resists fighting.
>>
>>33165981
Yes you basically have.
>>
>>33165657
I'm from Earth-1 (the original, the one where Mandela died in 2013, the one where is "Looney Tunes", the one where is "Fruit Loops", the one where Flash from 1990 existed) and Pikachu never had a black tip on its tail, only Pichu.
>>
>>33165657
this only exists in fan art by the same types of people who call onix "onyx"
>>
>>33165657
The black tip was only on bootlegs.
>>
>>33165657
>muh memedela effect
It only happens to retards and underage faggots who confuse pichu with pikachu
>>
>>
>>33165657
it never ever had a black tip. there never ever was any mandela effect about it.
you gotta be mentally challenged to think it had a black tip ever.

there reason is the gen 1 sprite, just like >>33165789 said.

>>33165811
this. it's normie shit.
>>
>>33165657
I have a legit mandela effect though.

back when Gold and Silver came out, I always read Tin Tower and Twin Tower.

mostly because I thought Lugia is in its own tower because I owned the Gold version and not Silver and it was about two legendary mons and because there was a burned tower and the one with Ho-Oh in it which is in the back and only accessible later in the game. plus, not a native english speaker. german version gave it away though. Zinnturm is literally what Tin Tower means.
>>
>>33167502
*Tin Tower as Twin Tower

typo.
>>
The whole idea of the Mandela effect is normie bullshit where a bunch of shutters are so bewildered by the idea that they might be slightly wrong about something that they have to pretend they are in an alternate universe instead
>>
>>33165657
No, I've always know pikachu to have a brown zigzag marking at the proximal part of the tail. Pissed me all the time off when fanart got this wrong.
>>
>>33165657
Memory is trash. Always wrong. Get over it.
>>
>>33167114
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>33167509
This, it's so crazy that people actually thought he didn't die in prison. They even fucking push their false belief by making up wild occurrences at his "funeral" a couple years ago like some Sign Language guy fucking up and making a mockery out of his name.
>>
>>33167660 (You)

4/10
>>
fat pika master race
>>
>>33165981
No. Fairy type exists in Sun and Moon
>>
I think I had a bootleg toy of Pikachu with a black-tipped tail.
>>
Anyone that says Pikachu's tail tip was black is a fucking retard. I distinctly remember getting pissed off at dumbass kids who colored Pikachu's tail wrong in school.
>>
>>33165981
There is no such thing as normal type, Clefairy has always been Fairy type, are you drunk?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.