[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been dicking around with emulators and what not. Figured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: hqdefault.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
I've been dicking around with emulators and what not. Figured I'd ask what the best pokemon rom-hacks are. What's the point of the vanilla games on PC if I actually own em'?

I'm looking for a new region/story but no fakemons. Difficulty/nuzlocke rules are w/e. Pref GBA/DS, but I'll do old school (like Prism) also.

Also ROM-hack discussion thread I guess.
>>
Reborn
Zeta / Omicron
Nobelium
Alchemist
Insurgence

Those are a few new region ones, although most are made with RPG Maker + Pokemon Essentials which can be pretty half-assed most of the time.

Phoenix Rising is the best, but is probably in development hell for all we know.
>>
File: mongler family.jpg (76KB, 465x531px) Image search: [Google]
mongler family.jpg
76KB, 465x531px
>>33164771
I really liked Pokemon Gaia but I dunno if it's still being actively worked on.

>tfw too used to playing at sanic speed
>playing any of the official games on their intended consoles is torturously slow and unplayable

Save me.
>>
>>33165378
Stop being a speedfag and slow down
I used to be like you
>>
>>33165385
>Stop being a speedfag and slow down
Obviously that's what I need to do. But how?
>>
>>33165414
What I did was not assign a key to it and just got used to normal speed again
>>
>>33165490
It's hopeless for me, then. What I did was set throttle as the default setting and got used to that.
>>
>>33164771
Complete
Alchemist
Mega Adventure
Zeta/Omicron
Rose Gold
Nobelium
Raptor EX
Grey Topaz

Incomplete
Sage(I mean it)
Ethereal Gates
Reborn(If you can ignore tumblr shit and self insert OCs)
Insurgence
Paradox(May actually be complete,not sure)
>>
>>33164771
Oh no fakemons?Then not Sage.

GBC
Pokemon Brown
Pokemon Prism
Pokemon XY Natura

If you like hard mode
Pokemon Red:Proud Edition
Pokemon Crystal Kaizo

GBA
Pokemon Blazed Glazed(Complete)
Pokemon Light Platinum(Complete)
Pokemon Liquid Crystal(Postgame Not Finished)
Pokemon Cloud White(Complete)
Pokemon Cloud White 2(93% done)
Pokemon Cloud White 3(95% done)
>>
>>33165649
Add Rejuvenation to that list
>>
>>33165698
Oh,right.Thats a good one too.
>>
>>33164771
Flora Sky is excellent. It's Hoenn reimagined with all completely different towns and map. it's an emerald hack.

Also if you wanna replay Platinum and get all 493 mons you should try Origin Platinum. you never need to trade either to get all mons. it's the same as platinum otherwise.
>>
File: fs.png (34KB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
fs.png
34KB, 740x416px
>>33165726
>Pokemon Prism
>check out Flora Sky
>the page and especially the English is Asian as fuck
Adorable
>>
>>33164771
play pokemon rejuvenation, the story is actually really good and they just renovated the whole game, making every single pokemon available, including gen 7. I have about 30 hours and I only have 4 gym badges out of 18, it's awesome.
>>
>>33164771
>What's the point of the vanilla games on PC if I actually own em'?
To replay the games without deleting your original save file
>>
>>33164771
>What's the point of the vanilla games on PC if I actually own em'?
Not much.
>>
File: 1501319918215.png (178KB, 476x341px) Image search: [Google]
1501319918215.png
178KB, 476x341px
>>33165860
Is it finished? That sounds amazing
>>
>>33165698
Rejuvenation is based off reborn right? Is it equally as edgy and cancerous or legit good?
>>
File: pokemon-uranium.png (615KB, 1100x561px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-uranium.png
615KB, 1100x561px
OP here, looks like I got a decent selection to try out. Good stuff.
What about this one? I know its filled with fakemons, contrary to what I originally had requested. I saw some gameplay, and it seemed quaint enough.
>>
>>33165842
don't worry about it.
the english in the rom is still okay in terms of dialogue. probably not perfect from what I remember.

only small downsides about the FS Main Version: Luxray line has no attack learning progression from what I've seen and Sandile, Pidove and some other shitmon have no gender. those are the only problems.

Complement Dex version doesn't have these problems but that one has completely other mons anyway. closer to Gen 1-3 and the starters are not Gen 4 starters but the Kanto ones which is fine. some additional made up attacks are there as well, like FlamesofRage. which is like Swift but as a fire type attack.
>>
>>33167035
It's solid. It's not perfect and has some memes, but the story knows what it is and doesn't attempt edginess too much. It's got a few sudden difficulty spikes tho, so if Nuzlockes are your thing, don't expect to have it easy.
>>
>>33166368
lol, not him but I just checked it out blindly.
and what the heck even is that? not super happy with it.

>exposition is way too dark and gloomy and traumatic with several people getting killed on a ship
>white male protag looks like a retarded long-haired emofaggot
>most NPCs only wear pitch-black
>starter town is almost Fallout series levels of disgusting, ugly and degenerate.
>you get challenged to battles by literal hookers
>SJW shit in it like non-binary gender option available when making the protag
>black npcs feel forced too because of that

I mean at least it's not all bad though. there is a ton of work that went into that module, I'm sure but the battles are laggy and the text animation stops midway randomly before attack animations and all that. maybe it gets better if I'm out of "ow_the_edge_town". unfortunately, the shit design of my MC makes wanna drop this. but I'll force myself and see if it gets better. you can choose a starter from every single gen which is interesting for sure.

so yeah, don't consider that a verdict though, just a first impression. I always say that one of the first signs of bad writing is if the narration tries too hard at first and it shows. it's like a Zelda hack I played a while ago. lots of potential but untapped because of edgy crap to push a heavy atmosphere and for what? see for yourself.
>>
>>33167035
Sage and Ethereal Gates both have fakemon but I still recommended since I liked them.Uranium I didn't post about but its alright.Heres a link if you can't find the latest release of the game.

https://sites.google.com/site/pkmnuranium/home/downloads
>>
>>33167035
Uranium's pretty terrible. The story's amateur, the big plot twists are literally predictable from the opening five minutes, the Pokemon designs are really ugly, the Nuclear type is an unbalanced mess... actually most of the game suffers from insane power creep.

What can be said in its favor, however, is that it's not fucking Pokemon Reborn. Pokemon Reborn is 100% trash.
>>
File: laughing spanish man.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
laughing spanish man.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>33165698
>>
>>33164771
damn thats an ugly GUI
>>
>>33165842
I remember Flora Sky being really gay for some reason. Maybe it's that Shaymin grass maze thing.
>>
>>33167035
IMO Uranium is really good for a fangame but maybe I"m just saying that because it was the first one I bothered to play. The story isn't really worse than most official games too.

The gameplay is extremely easy if you know what you're doing though.
>get nucleon
>win
>>
File: 1455146764748.jpg (151KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1455146764748.jpg
151KB, 800x800px
>>33165698
don't even joke about that, anon. it tries way too hard to be "OPEN YOUR EYES, THIS IS WHAT THE REAL WORLD IS LIKE" and isn't any better than Reborn.
>>
>>33165378
Just use cheat engine to play at 5x speed
>>
>>33170208
as someone who played that I gotta say it's certainly not "gay".

that shaymin arch is pretty short anyway.
I'm already in postgame and you can just shelf Shaymin in a box pretty early and move on if you don't like it.

plus, you can catch Arceus in the end.
>>
>>33170208
Flora Sky is not insanely interesting in terms of story but by far better than all the edgy grimdark trash that all these fedora developer fags and modders are putting out. some mods are literally teenager garbage cuck trash.

If I see one more romhack with a protag who wears all black and looks like an emo loser and if it has a grimdark narrative, I will personally take that shitty rom, attach it in an email to the modder himself and literally tell him he can have his shitty faggot romhack back because he needs severe training in terms of writing, worldbuilding and characterization and tell him only to make something else once he learned to have decent concepts for narration.
>>
Does anybody have any good Firered or Emerald hacks? Me and my friends have been racing each other when they come over. Recently we finished Clover and have done randomizers before.
>>
>>33165225
>RPG Maker
>half assed easy
I may sound stupid as hell. But is it really that easy- mainly because I am interested in making a game, more so I really want to get into making a fake Pokemon game
>>
>>33173598
In fake I mean non official, obviously
>>
Pokemon Gaia and Alchemist are pretty damn dope.
>>
>>33165860
>46 minutes to get starter
LMAO
>>
>>33173775
Gaia isn't finished but you can play up until you got the 6th badge and then you would need the dive HM if I remember correctly. But that's missing in the game.
>>
>>33173598
It's never easy to make a pokemon fangame. RPG Maker makes it easier but at the expence of
shittier visuals and glitches
>>
File: Tripsius.png (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Tripsius.png
17KB, 250x250px
>>33164771
C L O V E R
P L A Y C L O V E R Y O U P E R S O N
>>
I'm thinking about playing Garnet, is it worth?
>>
>>33174486
Garnet is an abandoned project.
>>
>>33165225
None of these are rom hacks
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.