[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USUM Chance of OW following pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5887.png (2MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5887.png
2MB, 1136x640px
We have seen only one scene of the protag in the overworld and it could be before they receive a starter. Is there a chance in hell this is a "powered up" feature to get us to buy the same shit we played a year ago?
>>
>>33163770
What does "OW" even mean?
>>
>>33163802
Overworld
>>
File: IMG_1527.png (218KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1527.png
218KB, 750x1334px
I don't think it has anything to do with that.

They mentioned in cgworld interview

Page 3

https://cgworld.jp/feature/201707-cgw227GG-pokemon-3.html
>>
>>33163802
Sigh...
>>
>>33163816
Thanks
>>33163820
Sorry, anon
>>
>>33163820
Thank you. I thought I was retarded for posting it as OW but thankfully anon just didn't know
>>
>>33163819
charge your phone
>>
>>33163770
>Is there a chance in hell

No, because it's something people actually want. And even if they do it they'll find some way to fuck it up.
>>
>>33163819
I suck ass at reading jap and translators always butcher it. What's the cliff notes on page 3? Is it about battle movements only or something?
>>
>>33163863
That's a damn fine point anon. Sadly I think you may be correct
>>
I hate to be such a cynic but dammit GF has made me that way. I actually liked certain aspects of XY but it was overall pretty bad. Had high hopes for SM but the hand holding killed it for me. Why is it so much to ask for optional shit. Like optional following pokemon or optional handholding pokedex robot bastard? It can't be that hard to make a game with good features
>>
>>33163770
I don't want it. I've never been a fan of the feature.

If it's in the game I do hope it's optional. Best of both worlds. I can use it when/if I want to but turn it off for the majority of the game.
>>
>>33163992
Yessssss when implementing this feature just give it an on/off option. GF must just be willingly retarded in game design
>>
>>33164020
If the Sage team can manage it, gf can too.
>>
>>33164038
I want them to be competent more than anything but I've truly lost hope the last few years. All the other gens have parts that are objectively bad to this or that person but damn did 3ds have some glaring flaws
>>
>>33163856
Is this a new meme or something?
>>
Slim. It's generally agreed that they created those walking/running animations with the PokeFinder in mind, and they only ended up using a few of them on a limited selection of Pokemon because the PokeFinder runs like fucking garbage and wasn't enough of a priority to optimize.

That said though, it would be a waste not to use them somewhere.
>>
>>33164053
To some it has no use. But neither did pokemon amie or refresh other than giving you some bullshit hacks against an already in game shit fest. I like it for immersion. I play games to forget about bull shit at times. Having my bro run routes with me is something I enjoy in play throughs. But you are entitled to your asshole errr opinion errrr whatever the fuck everyone else has
>>
>>33164109
Oh yea I forget about that pokefinder shit. Like really legitimately forgot. That could be where the assets were destined for. Man how did they screw up pokemon snap kek kekity kek kek
>>
>>33164109
>>33164132
They went out of their way to animate 802 walking pokemon, including MEGAS, for pokefinder?

Actually wait, I can see Gamefreak doing that kind of dumb shit.
>>
>>33164312
The mega part is intriguing to me. That has to be for something. I really think it's gonna be for the following mechanic but gf is great at making monumentally bad decisions. That being said, if they waste these resources which obviously took a long time to make then it's par for the course
>>
How would you feel if they added followers, but only for the gen 7 starters and Pikachu?
>>
File: Wow_stop_posting_anytime.png (187KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
Wow_stop_posting_anytime.png
187KB, 361x691px
>>33163820
>Sigh...
>>
>>33164502
Even if all they did was have Rotomdex float around you it would be better. Following Pokemon makes it feel like an actual Pokemon adventure. Which is something SM lacked in every way.
>>
>>33163770
not again this fucking thread
>>
>>33163770
Engine can't handle it.
>>
File: 114.png (321KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
114.png
321KB, 591x352px
Hey, I know, we can have our other pokemon out at the same time along with the trainer, how cool would that be? Yummy 20fps
>>
>>33164622
Bull shit. They have overworld mons all over the place
>>
>>33164535
Not this fucking reply not adding to discussion again
>>
>>33164521
This has been my whole thing with the mechanic. It's something to make the game unique. I think it helps with immersion which these games had none of. It was a fucking narrative about Lillie and her dumb bitch of a mom
>>
No it's not possible
>>
>>33164745
Replying to OP or what? Alchemy isn't possible? Human flight without mechanical aid isn't possible? Curing AIDS isn't possible? Anon???
>>
>>33164796
No it's not possible
>>
>>33164800
Why aren't you clever? I'm sure the parents that gave you up for adoption are proud anon
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.