[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what A E S T H E T I C do you expect for USUM?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: Team Galactic HQ.png (102KB, 608x244px) Image search: [Google]
Team Galactic HQ.png
102KB, 608x244px
So what A E S T H E T I C do you expect for USUM?
>>
M O R E F L O W E R S
>>
fuck you
>>
>>33156333
rude
>>
fuck you
>>
"Aesthetic" is meaningless when the region is teeny tiny garbage with like five half-assed towns, no dungeons, and no exploration.
>>
>>33156439
But the region is still objectively better than the region depicted in the OP, so you're just being silly.
>>
fuck you
>>
>>33156443
It's not. Alola is the blandest most empty region and USUM would need to do a full overhaul to fix it.
>>
The left one is better, but still ruined by the spikes. Platinum was really a mixed bag with aesthetics, for every Survival Area you had a Lost Tower.

USUM is flourishing up the bland Alola from what we've seen but there's a balance they need to strike of colorful and varied but not over the top.

>>33156443
Solely from a game level standpoint Alola is definitely the worst region.
>>
>>33156464
>>33156512
>Solely from a game level standpoint Alola is definitely the worst region.

Nah, objectively that's Sinnoh followed by Johto, for being tiny, cramped regions with a ton of assfuck HMs needed to do anything, and generally being poorly laid out. Alola is much better in all regards.

I know Sinnoh was your first region but try to look at it objectively.
>>
>>33156541
Nah, it was Kanto. But nice try.

I would say Sinnoh is understandably seen as weak, it's on the other end of the spectrum, with many things in its layouts one may find "tedious", but it's not as utterly unengaging as Alola's complete lack of feature in its environment. Ultimately though, there's at least a range of balance to strike, and neither hit it.
>>
>>33156443
Hell no.
>>
>>33156541
>Sinnoh followed by Johto, for being tiny, cramped regions
You've never even played a Sinnoh game, have you? The only region bigger than Sinnoh is BW2 Unova.
>>
>>33156275
Well not as much as this

People in here for whatever reason dont realize that 3D realistic graphics used in SM arent easy to work with. At least for GF. The reason why Alola has so few cities, so many closed buildings and such a small, badly designed cave is because GF had issues with working with these particulat graphics. USUM wont be much different, specially if its coming just a year after SM
>>
File: top_0013.png (462KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
top_0013.png
462KB, 400x480px
>>33156275
>>
>>33156541
You havent even played Johto either, most of it's HMs are in optional areas and the layout is very good as it loops on itself without being a circle, and the perfect distribution of water to land.
>>
>>33157103
Oh look the same camera angle that appeared in the first game the first time you left your house
>>
>>33157075
Explain.
What's so different about SM's 3D graphics?
>>
>>33157151
Well lets just start with this: 3DS cartridge is 4GB.

Pokemon XY is 1.7 GB
Pokemon ORAS is 1.8 GB
Pokemon SM is 3.2 GB despite having smaller region.

Real size graphics arent as easy to make and put onto a limited cartridge as it was with chibi 3d. They NEED to cut corners

Thats why the game is so slow and laggy, thats why there's only 8 cities in tthe game, thats why most of the buildng in those cities are closed. Thats why this Blue. Water themed hotel has one small room and nothing else in it. Thats why all caves are single rooms. Thats why Ultra Space is a fucking shirt corridor
>>
>>33157188
Then why not just use less graphics? The game doesn't even look that much better compared to ORAS so why would they want to cripple the game so badly? This just baffles me and proves that switching to full 3D was a bad idea
>>
>>33156443
>>33156541
Can't tell if you're praising Alola or just hating on Sinnoh and Johto but either way you're wrong

>>33157188
>Thats why the game is so slow and laggy,
But the overworld doesn't lag
I do agree that SM's fancy graphics are part of the reason Alola is so shit but I think it's more time constraints than technological constraints
>>
>>33157223
>>33157244
Of course its possible a skiled team would be able to do a better job.

Also
>I do agree that SM's fancy graphics are part of the reason Alola is so shit but I think it's more time constraints than technological constraints

They've been planning SM since XY and working on it at least since 2014. One additional year for USUM wont matter in my opinion. Polsihing is what we can expect at most.
>>
>>33157188
They can bigger 3DS carts. It's just no game so far has required it.
>>
>>33157263
Not with just one additional year. There would be no point, specially now that we know the've been working on a switch game for a while
>>
>>33156616
>Kanto being worst region

it was the first one, so it's just a try on gameboy

plus in red fire green leaf the addition of seviis made it nice

Alola is 20 years later, still as bland and little as kanto after all this tries
>>
>>33157188
>the 4gb cartridge meme
It's 8GB, where is everyone getting this information that its 4GB apart from hearing anons say it on vp?
>>
>>33158033
No one used a 8GB cartridge so far
>>
>>33157103
so blatantly over saturated to the point that the dirt becomes literally red then?
>>
>>33157272
They used bigger carts for BW2 and that was at the end of the DS life.
>>
File: _Phoenixing_Intensifies_.gif (2MB, 265x257px) Image search: [Google]
_Phoenixing_Intensifies_.gif
2MB, 265x257px
>>33157103
>Thanks for beta testing

Glad I pirated them, will do the same with Ultra.
>>
I like Alola it has nice cities.
>>
>>33158138
They also released BW2 almost two years after BW, not just a year
>>
>>33157103
why does bottom look significantly worse? wtf
>>
>>33156275
Sinnoh is one of the ugliest regions.
>>
>>33157188
There was nothing stopping them from using a 8GB card.
>>
>>33158597
You're one of the ugliest people
>>
>>33156275

I expect Pokémon from older generations to be in the Alola region
>>
>>33157103
the colors in both are so fucking bad. oversatured and cartoony ass shit
>>
>>33156295
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcsYSJwewWk
>>
>>33158533
facepalm
>>
>>33158597
I mean, it's okay.
if you hate rocky areas and don't like concrete, I guess you wouldn't like it but Eterna Forest looks great and some of the towns are pretty cool. the whole Sinnoh landscape looks interesting as fuck. it's on par with Hoenn.

and fuck, my dudes, does Sinnoh have a great ass soundtrack or what?

I mean, listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTbahCmBHr8

holy shit. whoever did the DPP soundtrack is a music genius.
>>
File: Shin'ou_Region.jpg (172KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
Shin'ou_Region.jpg
172KB, 800x557px
>>33161389
>>
When did this "Sinno is bad" meme start? Ranking goes:

Sinnoh > Johto > Kanto > Unova > Kalos > shit >>>>>>>>>>>> Alola
>>
File: IMG_0609.png (734KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0609.png
734KB, 770x562px
>>33156464
I have to agree. They should have given us whatever region Gen 8 would be instead of Sun/Moon and do Alola on Switch instead. If they did it right Alola could look amazing on Switch. Vibrant colors, sparkling water, high res Pokemon models, it would have been great.

The 3DS really can't do a "tropical paradise" region justice.
>>
>>33158095
>red dirt
>in hawaii
well, yeah.
>>
>>33161389
piano notes aimlessly plinking up and down a scale with no sense of rhythm or melody is a "great ass soundtrack"?
>>
>>33158533
it's a scaled down image is probably why

>>33158141
i bought Moon, and even worse, I bought it digitally
>>
>>33156541
is this bait
>>
>>33161717
yes. here's a hint for you: it's not Hitomi Sato's fault you're an idiot autist.
>>
>>33161608
Is Hoenn synonymous for 'shit' or did it not even make the list?

Anyway, list for me goes:

Sinnoh > Unova/Hoenn > Alola > Kalos > Johto >>>>> Kanto (barring the Sevii Islands. Kanto's only real redeeming feature).
>>
>>33164793
Actually, switch Alola and Kalos, now that I think about it. For all of Kalos' faults, I do remember being infatuated with a lot of the towns. Liked Couriway Town and the surrounding routes, and Anistar is still my current favorite city in a Pokemon game.

And nothing can compare to the disappointment that was 'Blush Mountain' or Wela Volcano Park. Why couldn't I go through the volcano cave instead of teleporting? Why was Blush Mountain nothing at all?
>>
>>33161389
the music is probably a big part of my fondness for dpp
platinum is still my favourite
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.