[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this have been better in the gen V engine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: hgss.jpg (2MB, 5376x2456px) Image search: [Google]
hgss.jpg
2MB, 5376x2456px
Would this have been better in the gen V engine?
>>
Way better, they're so slow.
>>
>>33154371
all gen iv games would be better in gen 5's engine
>>
>>33154371
Every game prior to each generation would be better on the engine of the generation it is the predecessor to (Besides everything beyond Gen 5 as the newer one is too obsessive over models and graphical attributes in which occasionally hinder gameplay)
>>
>>33154400
A lot of people seem to think that the moving sprites and even more 2.5D nature of gen V hurt the games. I disagree, but some people argue it.
>>
>>33154417
The instances in which they did occurred less than X/Y/S/M
Remove the moving sprites trait and I think that flaws would've been marginal.
Besides incompatibility with external games on the Wii, of course. This is the factor that makes me appreciate Gen 4 more than Gen 5.
>>
would there be seasons ?
>>
>>33154417
Moving sprites > Gen 6/7 Graphics.
They lack color or the liveliness of the pokemon.
>>
>>33154698
Agreed

>>33154456
Oh, I hope so. I'm not sure how the path to the bell tower would work with it, but having seasonal changes all over Johto would be so great.
>>
>>33154371
Nah.

Gen V engine is way less appealing than Gen IV
>>
Any other game would have been worse in the Gen IV engine
>>
Assuming it has the same aesthetic on the overworld but with Gen V proportions and the same soundtrack no it'd still be garbage
>>
File: wife.png (67KB, 512x383px) Image search: [Google]
wife.png
67KB, 512x383px
>>33155031
>>
>>33155038
The only reason to like Johto is the perfect presentation in GSC, and HGSS ruins it, without actually fixing any of the gameplay problems or adding anything new of substance.
>>
>>33154371
I fucking hate Gen 5's "animation" style
>>
>>33154371
God yes. If it was in the Gen V engine it might merely be underwhelming instead of one of the worst games in the series.
>>
>>33154371
I'd say any Pokemon game would benefit from the Gen 5 engine
>>
>>33154371
Yes. Moving sprites + following pokemon would have been maximum immersion. DP should've got the sequels which would be much more interesting than platinum.
>>
>>33154698
>not liking 3d
Color wise, they will probably fix them next gen. An arcade game that uses the same models has the Pokémon with more vibes bro
>>
File: 1456896654844.gif (756KB, 241x182px) Image search: [Google]
1456896654844.gif
756KB, 241x182px
>>33155038
>Liking Clover.
>>
>>33156732
She's a qt
playing through vlr for the first time rn and I hate her, they ruined her design and she sounds just like the ten thousand other characters wendee lee voices and also her characterization is fucking shit
>>
File: Drugs.png (584KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Drugs.png
584KB, 960x544px
>>33156752
She was always fucking shit.
Best girl will always be Phi.
>>
>>33154456
>>33154731

>>33155066
HGSS has the best aesthetics in the series
>>
>>33156817
>the only place with snow is the top of Mt.Silver
Don't get me wrong, I like HGSS but they didn't do a very good job with the presentation and is worse than GSC in some aspects
>>
>>33154371
Although it would've been cool to have seasons in HGSS, the bland colors of gen V make me glad it came out on gen IV.
>>
File: Johto full.png (42KB, 213x145px) Image search: [Google]
Johto full.png
42KB, 213x145px
>>33156846
That makes sense actually. Mt SIlver and Ice Path having snow is acceptable.

What's really a missed opportunity (and I suspect if it wasnt a remake and was a new region this would have hapened) is that there should have been another location at Mt Silver other than the summit. Like maybe a route to somewhere above Blackthorn

I personally love it's presentation. Very good colours for the tiles compared to pretty much every game that comes after it. Unique looking buildings and the best pokemon centres in the series
>>
>>33154371
one thing I hate about these games is the UI is so ugly. the bag is ugly, the font is ugly, the information screen is ugly
>>
>>33156920
I personally though it was bland, there isn't much beside the same grass, plains, hills, trees and the occasional cave. Route 42 was a great addition and make me wish they actually bothered to improve the region by recreating routes while keeping the layout close to the original.
Y'know, make the game better like what a remake is supposed to do.
>>
File: Johto_Route_32_HGSS.png (494KB, 490x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Johto_Route_32_HGSS.png
494KB, 490x2000px
>>33156958
But that's exactly what they did
>>
>>33156992
The only new thing I see is the magnet train's tracks, which isn't even part of the route.
I was talking about changes in the scenery, a slightly altered tileset for different area, not the same exact roads, trees, grass and colors for pretty much the entire game
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.