[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck did we evolve to get nostalgia? How the fuck is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Why the fuck did we evolve to get nostalgia? How the fuck is ignoring bad things and only remembering good things beneficial in ANY WAY? I keep fucking thinking "man, x pokemon game was fun, I'm going to replay it!" and then I stop an hour in MAX and don't play it again. FUCK NOSTALGIA DUMB FUCKING EMOTION
>>
>>33149557
I do that and actually have fun replaying it because there is a reason i have nostalgia for that game
>>
>>33149720
Nostalgia is great as long as you don't go full-retard with it like 99% of this fandom does over Gen 1.
>>
Pokemon games get horriblely outdated

You can have nostalgia for games and times you had playing but can still admit games aged faster than milk.

That's why remakes are important
>>
>>33149557
Nostalgia can be either good or bad. But in your case i feel its more about you havung adhd than anything else. I recently played yellow expecting to feel similar and ended up having fun.

>>33149739
>nostalgiafags
>fans

>>33149752
>art ages
>>
>>33149739
Genwunners aren't real anymore. All that remains is a massive victim complex and confirmation bias on your end.
>>
>>33149923
That's one hot take
>>
>>33149923
>Genwunners aren't real anymore.
>he says this the year after a game released solely for them caused a global phenomenon
>a week after a big event about said game gathered lots of people

You cant talk about confirmatiom bias when you outright deny reality.
>>
>>33149923
>genwunners aren't real anymore
How fucking long have you been on this board?
>>
>>33149954
>>33150008
>>33150021
Not him but it's true, you guys are doing it right now. So is the guy in this thread >>33150001
>>
>Not him but it's true
Not the three guys you're replyng to, but its not.
>>
>>33150221
>having such a victim complex he doesn't even reply properly
I bet you think I'm baiting and fishing for (you)'s huh?
>>
We didn't evolve that way, it's a collateral damage of how the brain works.
If something feels good, brains makes it easier to do. So good memories fix, and are modified to be even better.
Shit memories feel bad so you don't like remembering those, and the less you use a memory, the more it fades.
When a nostalgiafag goes back to the subject of their nostalgia they often wonder why the fuck they even liked it in the first place.
>>
>>33150021
There never was such a thing as a "genwunner". That's just a term people with shit taste created to deride people with good taste who know that Kanto is the best region (FR/LG only - technically not gen 1, but it is a remake that prominently features the original 150 Pokemon)
>>
>>33150282
(you)
>>
>>33149557
why do fish swim upstream to breed where they were born? same reason.
nostagia means it was good enough enviorment for us as kids. why shouldn't it be good enough for us adults as well?
>>
>>33151050
Because kids are retarded and the times they like something decent are mere coincidence.
Adults too, but at least a few of them develop some taste.
>>
File: 1455067661095.png (73KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1455067661095.png
73KB, 500x334px
>>33149557
Nostalgia is thinking pokémon was ever good
>>
>>33149557
Humans are resistant to changes in the environment and think consistency is a good thing. Nostalgia probably evolved to compel humans to revisit familiar scenes where they used to survive in order to survive longer.
>>
>>33151339
kids live under the influance of their parents. if that influance was enough to produce kids that reach adulthood, why shouldn't the offsprings do the same?

thats literly evolution. when the parents do something good, the kids learn and pass it to their kids to learn. thats why we have notalgia. because evolution.
>>
>>33151403
Perhaps, but you're confusing "good enough" with "actual good": they are not the same.
You're also using natural selection to justify your point, when they're completely unrelated. "Good" and "bad" are concepts perceived on the human mind that are separated from the natural process of evolution: so the fact that evolution is heading one path doesn't mean we're can only perceive the results of those path as "good". You do know that the human race is slowly losing IQ as a collective/average, right? Most people don't think of that fact as a good thing.

Also, nothing you said contradicts anything in my post.
>>
>>33151381
>>>>/v/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.