[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon TCG/O General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 69

File: gyarados-xy-promos-xy60.jpg (502KB, 851x1210px) Image search: [Google]
gyarados-xy-promos-xy60.jpg
502KB, 851x1210px
Previous Thread: >>33114774

New?
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>https://pastebin.com/XDU1wEnz

TL:DR:
>Complete all Trainer Challenges to get 45 free packs (use Cheat Engine's speedhack to speed up AI games [http://www.cheatengine.org])
>Play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play.
>Farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets.
>Enter tournaments to get TRADABLE chests and packs.
>DON'T OPEN THEM.
>Trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

What themedeck should I buy?
>Buy the Lunala one. Solgaleo upgrades into something cheap and decent ( >>32879775 ) but is worse on it's own.

Resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/
>http://pkmncards.com/advanced/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the forums in the trading section. Trading companies overprice cards, aim lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Bots will snatch plain text or uncovered QRs.
>Ask for emails and send em individually.
>Post your pulls or your mom dies in her sleep.

TToT: Worlds soon, do you think any rogue deck is gonna make a splash like Audino last year?
>>
File: 1463737510834.png (2KB, 131x151px) Image search: [Google]
1463737510834.png
2KB, 131x151px
>been collecting Pokemon cards for a few months just because I like the art and the new card smell is intoxicating
>play my first ever round of TCG with my roommate who's been collecting for way longer
>game starts and she immediately sends out a Mewtwo EX who slam dunks 2 of my Pokemon
>was able to cheese kill it with Clefairy putting it to sleep, followed by Metronome to use Mewtow's own 110 power attack against it twice
>sends out her Laparas EX
>uses Collect to draw 3 cards every turn until she has like 15 cards in her hand
>look at her bench
>it's full of legendaries or EX cards, all of them Basic and ready to tear my asshole at any time
Is that was this game is? Just throwing really powerful cards out one after another? Is there any reason to use things that have multiple stages or ~100 HP? It seems like instead of through the trouble of evolving a Pokemon, I should just stack powerful single stages mons like Khangaskan or Hoopah or something.
>>
File: 1501182439937.jpg (271KB, 1200x1553px) Image search: [Google]
1501182439937.jpg
271KB, 1200x1553px
what does a control deck in Pokemon look/play like compared to a control deck in Magic?

asking for a new player friend.
>>
>>33149566
>Throwing powerful cards out one after another
Beatdown decks are very popular but I think after Burning Shadows it's really gonna change. There are alternative win conditions.
>Is there any reason to use things that have multiple stages or ~100 HP?
Multiple stage pokemon are great but you need acceleration like rare candies or forest of giant plants for grass types. Pokemon around 100hp are usually support/have nice effects. Garbodor is an example of a really good 120hp card
>>33149611

Here's my list. It's not top tier but it does really good. Basically you give up prizes early but set up board state via Meloetta to enable 1 hit KO with Gengar. You punish them for taking prizes by using Ace Trainer reducing them to 3 cards for most of the game until you are ready to start taking prizes with Gengar. Generally what happens is the opponent has plenty of EX/GX cards and I end up trading gengars 1 for 1 with the GXs winning me the game.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Victini GRI 10
* 4 Gastly GEN 33
* 1 Haunter BKT 59
* 4 Gengar BKT 60
* 4 Meloetta PR-XY XY120
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Ace Trainer AOR 69
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Lillie SUM 122
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 N NVI 101
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Level Ball NXD 89
* 2 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 11

* 11 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Most control decks abuse free abilities on pokemon/remove energy from opponent's pokemon.
I recommend looking at Milotic/Porygon Z, Sylveon, Vileplume/Sableye and anything with Bunnelby
>>
>>33149566
based on what you said, you're playing at absolute noob level, so this isn't representative of the meta at all
EX and GX now are obviously good, but there are a lot of evolutions worth playing too (GX being evolutions too for the most part)
>>33149611
look up Sylveon GX decks, their aim is to constantly disrupt your opponent's board by getting rid of their stadium/energies while healing yourself; that's for standard
in expanded, you have Sableye/Garbodor
>>
>>33149663
>>33149710
so control decks in Pokemon are all about manipulating your opponent's energy in a favorable way?
>>
File: SeismitoadEXFuriousFists106.jpg (290KB, 600x833px) Image search: [Google]
SeismitoadEXFuriousFists106.jpg
290KB, 600x833px
>>33149811
Pretty much.

There are other ways you can sort of control your opponents actions on your turn with things like:

>Forcing discard
>Forcing opponent to shuffle hand
>Nonevo pokes can't attack
>Evo pokes can't attack
>Ability lock
>Item lock
>Special energy lock

The ability to create decks around these concepts are more prevalent in expanded because of limiting factor is the rotations of standard. Most people don't find them fun to play against these mechanics to in each rotation they don't really build themes around them as they do in magic where all blue cards have a flavor of control. They try to keep it at a minimum. That being said in other formats where you have guys like pic related who is infuriating incarnate.

Also note, at least to my knowledge, there are no forms of counter spells nor responding to other players actions on their turn.
>>
safest/cheapest place to buy pack codes?
>>
>>33149877
Ebay.
>>
>>33149811
until the release of guardian rising, you coud play a toolbox deck that revolved around attackers immune to various pokemons like >>33149865 said
you had access to EX immunity, basic immunity, evolution immunity and added item lock to top it off
it doesn't work anymore because nothing is immune to GX pokemons as it stands, and a lot of decks nowadays have a basic and an evolution attacker, which wasn't the case back then

right now, control decks are more revolved around energy disruption; i don't know if you can't count this one as control, but a current good deck around ninetales GX and decidueye GX plays off spread damages which really emphasize the long-term strategy of its player, you can also make cute plays by finishing a game off or cleaning a bord with Espeon EX from breakpoint (it has an attack that devolves all of your opponents pokemon, so you can just spread damages with ninetales/deci on evolued pokemons and then devolve them so their lower stage get KO'd by the spread damages)

do note that his deci-tales spread deck is prob gonna die with rotation in a month because it will lose forest of giant plants
>>
>>33149611
who is this semen demon
>>
File: Satan in card form.jpg (195KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Satan in card form.jpg
195KB, 1280x720px
>>33149811
Oh yeah I forgot too a major mechanic that is similar to blue is decking your opponent and you can control how your opponent plays through cards that are such a threat in the later game it disrupts how a player acts.

If a deck has psychic pokes or Drampa right now there is a good chance they are playing Garbodor/Drampa or Garbodor/Espeon. Trashalance Garb says: For 1 evolution and 1 energy I can fuck you up for 20x the number of item cards in your yard which consists of about 1/4 of players decks and HAVE to be played for most decks to function.

Just the shear presence of a Trubbish on the back row at the start of the game forces the opponent to play, act, and make different (usually less optimal) decisions.

He is getting a bit of a nerf and will see less play once the new expansion comes out but right now he is the bane of my existence for being such a late game turn around card that there is no real way to counter right now other than building your entire deck against it which GREATLY hinders you to all other matchups.

Oh yeah if you also like just blue being a dick to other players there is nothing more fun than kicking a decks ass, going to 1 prize card, your opponent has 6. They N you forcing you to go down to one card and kill your dude with Garb or some other sweeper. The RAGE gets real.
>>
>>33149865
ain`t that just quacking crazy jimbo?
>>
I an getting into TGC for the first time! Should I buy the Sun and Moon Bright Tide Deck?
>>
>>33149865
>there are no forms of counter spells nor responding to other players actions on their turn
Which is a shame, because more varied strategies like that would make the game more interesting, but I guess it'd break away from the accessibility TPCi tries to keep for younger players. I'd like to try out a version of Pokemon that plays more like Magic, shared energy pool that's depleted by actions, all your Pokemon being able to attack at once, healing at the start of turns, trainers costing energy to use, being able to use items on opponents turn, etc, but a) that'd take so much effort to design and balance to any kind of reasonable degree and b) might as well just play Magic at that point.
>>
>>33150022
>might as well just play Magic at that point.
This.

Card games fail when they try too hard to replicate the MtG experience. Pokemon has succeeded because it is not trying to be Magic, and I find that refreshing. If I wanted to play Magic, I would just go play Magic.
>>
File: tcgo streak.png (249KB, 927x356px) Image search: [Google]
tcgo streak.png
249KB, 927x356px
completely dead drew for something like 10 turns, despite my best attemps at stalling... that's where my streak ends

time to do the water challenge
>>
why is Ultra Ball so expensive? don't you get a bunch of them for free from the starter decks? is it because they are full art/holo?

new player btw.
>>
>>33150330
If you are seeing ultraballs for high prices it's because they are secret rare gold balls. Ultraballs are staple in every deck and fundamental to the game so they fetch a high price because unlike other FA gold items these you know you know you will use and a bit of a status symbol. Honestly they look dumb IMO as well as foil trainers. FA supporters are cool though. They are also expensive.
>>
>>33149566
GXs still have to evolve, but are very powerful.
Greninja and Zoruark Break as well as Garbodor evolve too, all strong decks.
You just run things like wally and rare candy to speed things up. Forest of Giant Plants was a big option for grass too but will be rotating.

And the thing about EXs is the two prize thing. If you can take them out with a 1-prize thing, even if you lose that 1-prize, you're still on ahead.

If anything i would say this game is all about prize trade (just mentioned) and hand fixing. 40% of any given deck should be Trainers dedicated to drawing, redrawing, searching, or returning from discard the cards you need.

The rest split between monsters (1-3 core members+supporting), boardstate-affecting trainers, and energy based on specific needs of your deck.

There's deck-building guides in OP.
>>
>>33150357
but they are functionally the same exact card as the free one, right? so it's just people paying for bling?
>>
>>33150410
Yes, they all do the exact same thing
>>
>>33150410
Yep. Just like how FA cards do nothing more than regular art.
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-29+at+11.26.51).jpg (75KB, 278x516px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-29+at+11.26.51).jpg
75KB, 278x516px
>>33150410
>so it's just people paying for bling?
Welcome to card games
>>
>>33149811
Or making them unable to play certain cards, or turning off their attacks or abilities.

GRI Garbodor is played because it becomes scarier with every item card they play, meaning don't play them or get swept.
Vileplume of Vileplume/DecidueyeGX blocks them completely, cutting of their gas while archer bird swarms them with chip direct damage.

Meanwhile Wobbuffet and BKP Garbodor turn off abilities, meaning things with ETB effects, passive defenses, or activated abilities are reduced to just their attacksatisfaction and hp. Especially devastating on things whose primary use is as a hand-fixer on a body, as they are reduced to just the (usually compensatorily vulnerable) body.

>>33150022
We had some mtg Instant equivalents in the DP era. They were Team Galactic inventions.
>>
>>33149992
It's playable, but hidden moon and roaring heat are better.
>>
I'm having a lot of fun playing noob mode with my Decidueye theme deck online in the theme ladder. Any Decidueye GX deck that will not be trashed with the rotation that I can build towards?
>>
>>33149865

It's a damn shame that Boom Box Dragon GX HAD to be fucking Dragon type. It's like they knew they had to avoid making a Seismitoad 2.0. Oh well I know forward to when he will be viable. probably the end of the format of when he is about to be rotated when PTCG realize OH SHIT WE HAVE DRAGON TYPE BETTER GIVE THEM SUPPORT then my boi runs rampant locking items and taking tourneys.
>>
File: 180px-PowerSprayPlatinum117.jpg (14KB, 180x252px) Image search: [Google]
180px-PowerSprayPlatinum117.jpg
14KB, 180x252px
>>33149865
>there are no forms of counter spells nor responding to other players actions on their turn.
>he doesn't remember

for newfags Poke Powers were Abilities that you activated.
>>
is this game better than Hearthstone
>>
>>33151112

>the Platinum to HGSS format

good fucking times
>>
which theme deck should I buy (other than Hidden Moon)?

Steel Sun, Wave Slasher, Iron Tide, and Night Striker all look pretty fun 2bh.
>>
>>33151678
Night Striker is neat, and has the added benefit of coming with a Zoroark, but it's only a one-of. It should do you fine for Trainer Challenges, but I wouldn't bet too hard on it for Versus.
>>
>>33150032
I agree, I like it standing on its own merits, I just wish there was more mechanical variety. Too many new things get bought in and then left behind a rotation later. Ancient Traits and the Lost Zone come to mind of recent years.

>>33151112
>>33150537
Neat. I didn't restart playing until late in the BW era.
>>
>>33151678
Night Striker looks very gimmicky, which I think I would like personally, but that might be difficult to set up in actual Versus competition.
Steel Sun from what I heard is alright, but it doesn't upgrade well as a good viable final deck.
Wave Slasher, and Iron Tide are two I haven't heard of, so I don't know much about them.
I am always curious about water theme decks so I would always be interested to know how it might be.
>>
>>33149611
There aren't any good pure control decks in this game really, not in standard. A lot of good decks have control factors built into them though, like Garbodor is basically a giant fuck you to anyone who wants to play the game.

Items make up about half of most decks because they're the only card you can play as many as you want of in a given turn. Before garb every deck would burn 6-10 items on turn 1 and dig down through half of the deck or more. Now if you do that you risk getting bitchslapped by an angry trashheap.

>>33149926
energy disruption died with Garbodor honestly, any hammers deck will auto lose to Garb/Drampa.

>>33151678
Buy theme decks if you want a card in them. Night Striker has Zoroark which will be a great card for the rest of this format as well as the 2018 format. Wave Slasher has Greninja line except for the BREAK which is good right now but suffers quite a bit from dive ball going away. The SM fire deck has an Oranguru and Passimian, Passimian can be used in a somewhat funny meme deck and Oranguru is all around useful.
>>
I'm fucking bringing fossils back
>>
>>33152055
Aerodactyl never went away, at least in expanded. Dactyl/Talonflame is one of the funniest rogue decks out there.
>>
>>33151710
>>33151743
>>33151773
Decided to go with Night Striker because it looks like a fun deck to play. Plus, the useful Pokemon.
>>
File: omastar-fates-collide-fcl-18.jpg (825KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
omastar-fates-collide-fcl-18.jpg
825KB, 700x990px
>>33152055
Archie's Omastar = New meta?
>>
So the new trainer kit is Landorus ex vs Genesect ex. does this mean they are now standard legal?
>>
>>33153773
no
>>
>>33153847
Can you explain why? Is it because they use the same set logo so they are not considered updated?
>>
>>33153884
Yeah. They're still considered the same as the originals. The exception would be if they were printed as black star promos, which are treated outside the main sets for rotation, which is how Yveltal EX stuck around. Fortunately that'll probably happen a lot less with the introduction of yellow A reprints, like those from the Mega Powers box. They're treated the same as regular reprints, as being a part of the same set as the original print.
>>
>>33153900
I see thanks for the insight.
>>
>>33149488
>There will never be good 2D FAs anymore
>>
>>33149566
Sadly yes, and not just Pokémon, once you think about it any card me really boils down to "I do my thing with my deck, you do your thing with your deck, let's see whose thing is better"
>>
File: 1500107593610.png (96KB, 350x414px) Image search: [Google]
1500107593610.png
96KB, 350x414px
>>33153941
>tfw nothing but 5ban full arts forever
It's painful to look at.
>>
File: sneasel.jpg (48KB, 344x480px) Image search: [Google]
sneasel.jpg
48KB, 344x480px
Would you...?
>>
>>33154671
I would hug_ that Sneasel without a second thought.
>>
alright niggers i've paid no attention to this game since 2013 and I just ordered a booster box+ETB of the latest set

what am I in for?
>>
>>33155817
Burning Shadows or Guardians Rising?
>>
>>33155883
the new one, it arrives august 4th
>>
File: 1393214231430.jpg (52KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
1393214231430.jpg
52KB, 800x598px
>Burning Shadows out on the 4th
>payday on the 5th
>a weekend
>can't get checks until the 7th

I want to die, thanks
>>
>>33156524
>he lives paycheck to paycheck
>he doesn't have a good enough job that he can get drunk and randomly drop $120 on a giant pile of pokemon cards most of which will probably be useless

I pity you
>>
>>33156558
>most of which will probably be useless
This is so true it hurts. Singles is less fun but the best way to spend by far.
>>
>>33156638
I actually did somewhat well on my Guardians pulls. I'd estimate I had about 20 packs worth of pulls and I got like 6 GX cards including a Lele.
>>
File: 1486623986846.jpg (60KB, 540x416px) Image search: [Google]
1486623986846.jpg
60KB, 540x416px
Tapu Lele's physical price haunts me, you guys.

>>33156638
I pre-ordered a Burning Shadows box because I want to feel alive again after ordering singles. (I also just don't have many new cards.) Maybe I should have gone with Guardians, but I liked some of the Burning cards more from a favorite-Pokemon standpoint.
>>
>>33149611

Why play control when you can go full on lantern.

TREVENANT
>>
Is it worth it to buy a korean pack like

"https://www.amazon.es/Pokemon-Cartas-Booster-TURBOl%C3%ADmite-Heavens/dp/B01AUIRAUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501407744&sr=8-1&keywords=pokemon+tcg+30 "

or is better to buy it in english, i mean the korean are worthless or something like that?
>>
Who here got anything good from their prerelease packs?
Managed to get a Noivern GX from my prize packs and that's it
>>
>>33157910
Managed to pull a fa gardevoir and a rainbow muk from my pre release packs (the latter I immediately traded to a friend), then pulled a regular art necrozma and salazzle from my prizes.
>>
>>33157991
Oh nice mate, a bloke at mine managed to pull a Ho-Oh GX and ran a memedeck with just the Ho-Oh, 2 Kiawes, 2 Hau, 1 Lillie and then 34 Fire Energy.
The Judge was sick of coming over and picking out the lone Ho-Oh, and he forgot about baby Ninetales and Vileplume BUS so got a couple early wins but ended up overall doing terrible
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i just opened SR DCE but its from a tradelocked pack
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33158038
well you saved yourself some packs if you ever want to bling out your decks.
>>
hey guys i have a huge tupperware container of cards in my attic of i posted pics of them here could you tell me what each card i have is worth, im trying to sell them
>>
>>33158059
it'd probably be easier for you to just look up the average price on ebay
>>
>>33158059
Well your cards are only worth whatever people will ever buy them for. But if you want to get approximate values in the market check tcgplayer pokemon section. look through each card by name/set. There are some nuances like shadowless borders (google it). On ebay you could find even more competitive pricing so its up to you how long you want to sit on a card to sell.
>>
Is there a place to find card illustrations as as wallpapers?
>>
>>33158179
no, your best bet is using this http waifu2x.udp.jp/index.html and hoping it will turn out alright
>>
File: all night party big.png (1MB, 1168x716px) Image search: [Google]
all night party big.png
1MB, 1168x716px
>>33158179
>>33158251
just tried it, lookin slick
>>
File: dasutodasu_by_greliz-d2yvep8.png (336KB, 900x844px) Image search: [Google]
dasutodasu_by_greliz-d2yvep8.png
336KB, 900x844px
TPCi: We're banning FoGP and Archeops because they keep your opponent from being able to play the game and make it not fun
Also TPCi: trashalanche lol
>>
>>33158372
Build your deck differently bud.
Also the meta changes a lot after rotation so garbodor won't be as strong since decks will have to run less items anyway.

No VS Seeker, no trainers mail, and loss of a lot of balls. This makes decks want to run more actual counts of trainers.
>>
>>33158372
apples to oranges. FOGP and Archeops can both basically lock you out of playing the game on t1, Garbodor applies board pressure and makes you think more critically about how you play items but doesn't prevent you from doing anything.

Garb is how control should be in this game, it's soft control and requires a lot more thought to execute and play against. Not like FOGP item lock where if you won the 50/50 coinflip you had about a 80% chance of winning the game right there.
>>
File: Shaymin-EX.XY.188.17453.png (917KB, 570x797px) Image search: [Google]
Shaymin-EX.XY.188.17453.png
917KB, 570x797px
WHY IS THIS SHIT TAKING SO LONG

RELEASE IT IN ENGLISH ALREADY PLEASE
>>
>>33158581
It's being released November, hold your tits.
>>
File: 1070864.jpg (253KB, 321x450px) Image search: [Google]
1070864.jpg
253KB, 321x450px
>>33158581
The art is really meh. I prefer the card art to be more tame.
>>
>>33158372
>Shitty twitter memes
Trashalanche slowed up the game allowing 2nd stages to be played. It allows more decks to exist, only killing the autopilot I'will use 20 items each turn which already dominated the meta for the last years.
>>
>>33158372
Having gone back and played against older renditions of the 2017 format pre-GUR, Garb has been the healthiest addition they have made to the game second only to field blower.
>>
File: 1481611676598.png (25KB, 156x246px) Image search: [Google]
1481611676598.png
25KB, 156x246px
>>33156558
man, I had to stop buying boxes. We were doing box openings that were getting decent numbers but eventually the reality set in of how much I was spending on them and resigned myself to buying singles. But now we've got Lele costing as much as Shaymin did and I'm thinking about it again...
>>
File: I found a dog.jpg (49KB, 497x651px) Image search: [Google]
I found a dog.jpg
49KB, 497x651px
>>33157861
you can't play any other languages IRL, so it's basically useless.
>>
How good is Night March with Marshadow GX?
>>
>>33158964
Top tier in japan, hard to tell how good it is in the western metas but it'll probably be really good.

Loss of archeops hurts a lot but adding a third type to Night March also helps a lot. Japan has been playing the deck without archeops forever so it seems losing archops doesn't really hurt the deck that bad. Probably just replace maxie engine with ranger.
>>
>>33158949
i thought it was legal as long as the back art was the same?
>>
forgot to link here, but liverpool regional on stream www twitch tv/playthechamps
ninetales vs drampa garb game 3 for top 4 right now
>>
>>33159027
No.
Foreign cards are not allowed in official sanctioned play unless the language is part of the allowed languages for that region.

Like Canada is English/French, Latin America is Spanish/English, and US is ONLY English.

>>33159095
Thanks anon.
>>
I bought 2 Japanese boxes in hopes of pulling waifu. Now I have to go through ebay to get her...

At least the boxes didn't cost me too much
>>
>>33159161
Come on now, you can't just post something like that and not also reveal who the waifu you were hunting for is.
>>
>>33159131
final starting now, ninetales vs garb dramp
>>
What deck would you recommend a new player?
I used to play MtG aggro decks so i like being aggresive
>>
>>33159553
Turbo Dark maybe
>>
>>33159553
Turbo dark, drampa/garb, or volcanion.
>>
Hey cunts playing typhlosion if you get every fucking card given to you to win and then you concede just as I am about to killing blow you while a water knockout challenge is active you shouldn't be playing this game.
>>
>>33158944
honestly it's not that bad if you just buy one box and an ETB at a set launch. Singles are pretty cheap in this game. I spend probably $600/year on this which is way, way less than I'd be spending in any other TCG. All of my other hobbies have very low capital costs, haven't had to upgrade my PC in years, ect.

If you're a poorfag just an ETB is cheap, if you buy every ETB you're looking at a $150ish or so hobby, gives you the thrill of the pull and increasingly a sexy bookshelf item to store bulk, ETBs look slicker with each set.

>>33159027
Used to be, now you can only play regional off language cards. In NA you could play a deck with a mix of EN/FR/ES cards but no KOR, Korean cards are only playable in Korea.
>>
>>33159808
Why is this considered bm?
>>
>>33160250
Conceding prevents completion of challenges.

Conceding early if super screwed is arguably tolerable, but conceding right before a win isn't speeding you up by any appreciable margin while denying your opponent the challenge progress basically just out of spite.
>>
>>33160305
From an objective standpoint, your opponent isn't obligated to assist you with quest completion. It's nice if they do, but it's not like it's a rule.

No one helps anyone do anything in other online games, like Hearthstone. Maybe that's why the game is such shit.
>>
>>33159592
Arent a few cards in that going out of rotation?
It would be my first deck btw
>>33159612
volcanion sounds cool but is it rotation proof
>>
>>33160390
Volcanion literally loses like nothing from rotation, the only thing is loses is diveball and shaymin. VS seeker is negligible loss as everyone loses that.

It then gains Guzma which helps a lot and it has decent matchups across the board except against maybe Gard and water deck. It ain't bad, it's been solid for about a year now.
>>
File: IMAG0015[1].jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0015[1].jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>33160376

Me and my lass are dumping codes in this thread, XY era shit
>>
>>33160360
Okay, not waiting a mere 15 seconds for your turn to pass and your opponent to hit the attack button and but instead just slamming that door in their face is most definitely bad manners.

If you would want them to hold the door for you, then hold it for them.
>>
>>33160424
>wait for my opponent to take the finishing blow like a gentleman
>decides to be a faggot and play out all his cards in some ebin combo, wasting time for both of us
>never wait for my opponent to KO again
It's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>33160390
Volcanion is rotation proof, you get two of the EXs from current VS ladder rewards, and 2 baby volcs come in the steam siege theme deck you can grab for 500 tokens.

Volc is a excellent babby's standard deck first right now.
>>
>>33160470
Common courtesy is to see them play until they do something extremely unnecesary.
But the real solution would be to set better missions, changing Knockout X pokemons with a pokemon of X type, to win X duels with a grass pokemon active or at least get X prizes.
Right now doing the challengeis frustrating due to EX/GX only giving one knockout and people surrendering extremely quick.
Other games do not have this problem because either the missions are better planned or there is harsher consequences to surrendering.
>>
Hey TCG people... I've never played the TCG and I know basically nothing about it, but recently came into possession of three Sun/Moon booster packs. I almost certainly won't actually do anything with these, but I am curious if there's anything decent here:

Holographic Litten (promotional, came with the pack)
Skarmory x2
Poliwag (with a neat fabric illustration)
Sandygast x2
Eevee x2
Crabrawler
Torkoal x2 (one holographic, one normal)
Butterfree
Grass energy
Prof. Kukui
Corsola
Repel
Morelull
Caterpie
Roggenrola
Boldore (holographic)
Crabominable
Fighting energy
Metapod
Granbull
Double colorless energy
Dewpider
Stufful
Litten (...different from the first one)
Big Malasada (holographic)
Ribombee (holographic)
Psychic energy
Pinsir
Hau
Passimian

So like I said, I know basically nothing about this, but I do know enough to look at the little rarity symbols, and there are stars on Butterfree, Crabominable, and Ribombee. Is anything here actually good and/or rare?
>>
>>33160470
I've been known to ebin combo if I'm not super sure I'd be winning to just attack, because I have been known to miscount, blow my load just short of victory, then get rekt. Usually it's cause I forget resistance are a thing.

Also if I have ways to get additional kos/evos/damage I do those if I'm doing a challenge that requires those.

Otherwise there's no reason for it, so you're just being a showoff.

But hey, if they ebin combo you, then concede mid-combo and deny the kill.
Otherwise let them do it.
>>
>>33160576
Eevee, Kukui, and Double Colorless Energy is decent. That's about it man. Sorry.
>>
>>33160527
>win X duels with a grass pokemon active
That's even worse for trying to complete them with theme decks who only have that type as their secondary.

It's hard enough trying to get fairy achievements with Sky Guardian, you telling me I gotta land final kills with Whimsicott's 40 damage now?
>>
>>33160592
Thanks! Like I said, I'm not actually planning to play or anything, so no big deal if nothing is actually good. I was just wondering.
>>
>>33160576
Passimian has a meme deck. Eevee, kukui, and dce are all good. Morelull has an evo I've seen used.
>>
>>33160609
Typically it's pretty obvious to tell when you pull something good. EX, GX, and BREAK cards all have special appearances. There are the few odd pokemon and trainers here and there that are good as well, but for the most part anything you pull from a pack besides the few good rares is probably gonna be worthless.

Do you still have the code cards from the packs? You should post them if you do.
>>
>>33160599
Isn't it easier to end 4 games with a fairy in the active (including surrender), than get 16 kills with it?
Do you really use a whimsicott to get your 16 knockouts? if so just build a garde deck or something, even if you are poor and don't have shaymins it will work better than that.
>>
>>33160662
Yeah, I kind of figured there was nothing good, but thought I'd ask. And at least I got some Pokemon that I personally like, for whatever that's worth. I really like the holographic Ribombee (one of my favorites from Gen VII), so even if it's useless it's still cool to have.

>Do you still have the code cards from the packs? You should post them if you do.
I'll have to check. I tossed them (didn't know that was a thing!), but I'm sure they're still around. If I find them I'll come back later and post them.
>>
>>33158992
It's important to understand 2 things about Pokemon Japan card game. Number 1 they play from XY base set onwards so their format is incredibly diverse vs what we play with. Number 2 they do not play best 2 out of 3 matches. They play only 1 game per round. So rogue decks/techs are advantageous because the opponent will not get a second chance if they made a mistake game 1.
>>
>>33160576
you've got about $5 or 6 value there.
>>
>>33160397
>the only thing is loses is diveball and shaymin
And those are easily replaced with Brooklet Hill and Lele. And Guzma's a great addition for swinging with the EXs.

>>33160390
Not the decks I've seen. Losing Hex Maniac and Silent Lab, but there's always Garb and Muk to make up for them. Also gaining Darkrai GX for even more energy acceleration.
>>
this any good?
>>
>>33161146
what about this
>>
So with the format becoming one hit or they escape with acerola and the like will we see Ninetales becomeing even more played due to inherent tankyness?
>>
>>33161146
It's shit
>>33161166
Not great but it can be used for a competitive deck.
>>
>>33160673
>including surrender
My surrenders or just theirs? Because nobody surrenders when I have a Whimsicott active. It's Delphox or Lugia, the main attackers. If it's MY surrenders too then I can have it done in like 2 minutes and I'm totally down.

>>33160673
>just build a garde deck
Do I look like I'm made of packs? I wouldn't be playing theme if I had trade value.
>>
>>33160916
So he lost money opening them.
>>
>>33161200
>My surrenders or just theirs?
Do I really need to answer that?
>nobody surrenders when I have a Whimsicott active
I won't argue with that, but I'll still argue how you can knockout 16 pokes with that whimiscott.
>Do I look like I'm made of packs?
Dude making a garde deck may be something like 5 packs if you already have most of the staples and getting 5 packs by trading can take you what? 4 mins of putting trades throught 2 days? and that's considering you have less than 10 packs to trade with. That's still a lot less than the time you will spend trying to kill things with Whimsicott.
>>
>>33150410
>>33150439
I profit 20-100 packs a day just by flipping and I only post ~20 trades a day, you just need the capital and patience since the most profitable cards are going to be the most expensive cards (Tropical Beaches, FA N, DCE, Ultraballs, Celebi Prime). I started small flipping cheap cards for 1-2 pack profit, now I'm flipping for 10-20 profit 100% free to play, sitting on 36 Leles, 12 of each SR energy blinged playset of every meta deck and 1100 GR packs. and only have been playing 2 months. Spend less than 20 mins a day checking prices, I made my own spreadsheet for the items I sell which isn't much really. Moral of the story is git gud.
>>
>>33161363
What's your endgame?
>>
>>33161207
you will lose money about 95% of the time you open a pack.
>>
File: 1500330983905.jpg (40KB, 412x387px) Image search: [Google]
1500330983905.jpg
40KB, 412x387px
>>33161363
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>33161468
Friends. Real human friends. You can amass wealth but you cannot buy friends or family. Servants and yes man, suck ups get boring.
>>
>>33161251
>how you can knockout 16 pokes with that whimiscott.
It takes a while, let me tell you. The wigglytuff helps, but it's still gruelling.

How are you getting packs from trades without having tradable value?
>>
>>33161494
Since Evolutions packs are .25. Since XY series Rares go for .33, the guaranteed rare makes them always worth to open.
>>
>>33161363
Teach me master. What are the basics of this wizardry?
>>
>>33161817
That is completely wrong. Evolutions pack supposedly have a value of .25 which is what a chest is but this is not true. Kids would rather want evolution packs than chest. But packs like those are a great way to pick up multiple meta rares and then resell to up-trade for guardian rising packs. Most rares arent even worth 1 chest. A chest can get 5 shitty rares easily. That .33 value is an approximation, in practice it never advised to follow those values like religion. Opening packs is almost never worth it statistically. Due to all the kids opening packs with reckless abandon whenever they get them there is plenty supply of cards but those same kids usually go negative in value in total packs/total value ratio overall. Opening 500 packs with no secret rares 1 month, then next month opening 2 packs for 2 secret rare DCE is not a net overall increase. This means packs like evolutions can pick up secret rares and full arts then resell for guardians due to those same kids with pack addictions or cutting their losses for packs so they can try to build a deck directly
>>
File: 1500421410068.jpg (7KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1500421410068.jpg
7KB, 250x249px
new player here.

Trainer Challenge is extremely tedious. What would be the harm in just giving away the 36 packs for free? It's not like the grind is actually difficult. I'm halfway through Platinum and want to quit already. Does it get better?
>>
>Buy an old ass XY expansion at fucking gamestop
>Try to open it
>Notice it's already opened
>Inside there are 10 cards but one of them is from a different expansion
What the fuck? Do gamestop employees seriously open these packs and then replace the cards in them?
>>
>>33162039
Its basically tutorial stage 2 to help beginners understand the game further. Theme format humans are usually better than trainer challenge AI so its a great way to practice because getting steamrolled in theme vs/tournament mode would make anyone quit. Also lets say you pull something decent from a locked pack you want to be more invested into the game because you have something "nice" maybe even competitive even want to buy product for codes. Why they dont give these locked packs for free? Reward incentive to pull you in the game from the free to play model perspective.

>>33162044
Sometimes when product gets damaged/stolen/opened the store will just repackage the contents of cards to salvage some value. If you have the receipt chances are you can get your money back if you ask for the manager.
>>
>>33157910
FA Guzma and a Darkrai GX.
Next couple of prerelease packs were pretty bad.
After some trading today, I walked out with a playset of Gardevoir GX.
>>
>finally get water mon powered up
>ko 1 of his mons for 1 prize card
>rage quits

whatever helps you sleep at night, fag
>>
>>33162364
Even if I have a better board position than my opponent I refuse to allow anyone playing a water deck to get a KO right now, I concede the minute it looks like they're going to take a prize card.

I've been playing mostly grass decks to take advantage of the army of plebs chasing the booby prize when there's a decent ladder reward and a ton of easy to farm same type decks being thrown at you. I nabbed all of the ladder rewards up to 3rd tier in one session last night.
>>
File: 1501372788978.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1501372788978.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>33162518
get a load of this badass over here
>>
>>33162547
wow who is that stud so cute
>>
File: You GX.jpg (32KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
You GX.jpg
32KB, 600x840px
>>33162568
>>
>>33162039
To be honest doing that 40 packs grind isn't worth it in my opinion.
At best you get like 1 SM and 1 GR pack, it's not worth the time and patience because damn it's hell to go through that.

Just play enough to be able to buy the Lunala or Incineroar deck and then go grind in themedeck instead.
>>
>>33162518
>Playing grass
>Most water decks I have seen are weak the metal

I guess you play against Greninja a lot then is all I can say nevermind that you have to face volc decks as they count as water pokemon for the challenge.
>>
File: godly_pulls.jpg (1MB, 1512x1287px) Image search: [Google]
godly_pulls.jpg
1MB, 1512x1287px
Bought two Tapu Koko pin collections for $30 since Gamestop was having a sale.

I'll send the Tapu Koko code + 4 pack codes to the first two emails (and may you be blessed with equally good pulls)
>>
>>33162944
[email protected]
I'm actually trying to build a Tapu Koko-GX deck, so this would be pretty nice
>>
>>33162944
[email protected]
>>
>>33162954
Er, scratch that "-GX", my brain just filled in that part automatically for some reason.
>>
>>33162944
trap?
>>
>>33162982
What?
>>
File: Steam Siege.png (809KB, 1114x628px) Image search: [Google]
Steam Siege.png
809KB, 1114x628px
>>33162944
>>33162954
Thank you very much, posting pulls now.
>>
File: Sun & Moon.png (994KB, 1115x629px) Image search: [Google]
Sun & Moon.png
994KB, 1115x629px
>>33163055
Pretty nice to have a trade-locked one, since now I can trade away one of my unlocked ones.
>>
File: Guardians Rising.png (868KB, 1114x629px) Image search: [Google]
Guardians Rising.png
868KB, 1114x629px
>>33163062
Final one I got, excluding Tapu Koko. There was one more pack code, but it had already expired.
>>
File: fates collide.png (858KB, 1025x675px) Image search: [Google]
fates collide.png
858KB, 1025x675px
>>33162944
Thank you very much
posting pulls now
>>
File: guardians rising.png (903KB, 1055x695px) Image search: [Google]
guardians rising.png
903KB, 1055x695px
>>33163133
guardians
>>
File: steam siege.png (873KB, 989x704px) Image search: [Google]
steam siege.png
873KB, 989x704px
>>33163142
steam siege
>>
File: sun and moon.png (907KB, 1093x705px) Image search: [Google]
sun and moon.png
907KB, 1093x705px
>>33163153
>>33162944
and the final pack sun and moon. the highlight is the tapu koko promo. great tech vs gyarados deck and their team magma base spam. Again thank you!
>>
SERVER KEEPS DROPPING MY GAMES RIGHT BEFORE I WIN

I KNOW IT'S NOT MY INTERNET CAUSE I AM POSTING THIS WHILE IT INSISTS I HAVE NO SIGNAL.
>>
File: code.jpg (9KB, 140x39px) Image search: [Google]
code.jpg
9KB, 140x39px
post pull
>>
File: 000016.png (915KB, 1036x710px) Image search: [Google]
000016.png
915KB, 1036x710px
>>33163288
Thanks. Nothing new unfortunately
>>
>>33159095
>They didn't save an archive of the stream

FOR WHAT REASON?

Don't suppose anyone has uploaded it to youtube?
>>
>>33162944
>tapu lele hr for $30 + extras
nice
>>
>>33161363
Mind donating 4 prerelease baby Volcanions?
>>
File: Sylveon-GX.GRI.140.17848.png (574KB, 570x796px) Image search: [Google]
Sylveon-GX.GRI.140.17848.png
574KB, 570x796px
Dead archetype.
>>
>>33163562
Thank God. So annoying to play against these fags.
>>
>>33163554
how much do those go for? 10ish?
>>33163562
nah they still around. But they autolost vs metagross gx so they wont ever dominate tournments. They have to pray they never play metagross gx or they lose
>>
File: gardevoir-burning-shadows-bus-93.jpg (561KB, 1054x1429px) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir-burning-shadows-bus-93.jpg
561KB, 1054x1429px
>>33163562
I'm moving on.
>>
>>33163596
>how much do those go for? 10ish?
>>
>>33163554
Power Heater ones? Dude just buy 2 Gears of Fire theme decks.
>>
>>33163630
>>33163622
The prelease stamped volcanions. those are not 3 packs. people are hoarding them they are easily 10+
>>
>>33163630
I have them, I want the prerelease ones.
The art on those is killer.
>>
>>33163611
*unsheaths metagross*

tsch.... nice try, kid.

seriously though I think the worlds meta triangle is going to be gard metagross volcanion with vespiquen and greninja sitting in the wings as quasi-rogue decks. If someone can 'shuffle' good enough with one of those they'll win this thing. Greninja in particular has good matchups against those cards.
>>
>>33163765
Gard can set up retardedly quick dude.
>>
>>33163765
*mega-rayquaza edge intensifies*

If people dont play sudowoodo megaray will wreck them. Better to be safe than sorry. fastest deck and with kukui you can hit 260 to 1 shot metagross gx. I hope for an upset win however. nothing is really dominate vs all other decks ever since items became less used.
>>
>>33163807
Turbodark or turbovolc sees a resurgeance with everyone abandoning Garb.
>>
>>33163806
It will generally take Gardevoir several turns longer to get the resources on the board it needs to OHKO Metagross than Metagross needs to OHKO Garde. You can't reliably play a 2HKO game against Metagross when it's playing an OHKO game because of max potions. Unless you're getting really lucky and the guy playing Metagross is kind of dead drawing you're gonna lose.

Don't get me wrong, from a pure numbers on the card perspective Garde is the best GX in the game atm, but Metagross should still win that matchup ~80% of the time.

>>33163807
>if people don't play sudowoodo

some cheeky fucker might try to run megaray but I doubt it will work. Necrozma also facefucks that deck though I doubt anyone will run it.
>>
>>33164301
>Necrozma also facefucks that deck though I doubt anyone will run it.
I don't see how, doing 100 to every EX and GX doesn't even knock out a Shaymin.
>>
>>33164317
Defense from all colorless.
And rayquaza doesn't run a lot of hex nowadays with the garb meta.
>>
>>33164301
Wow Necrozma is a thing I forgot. Easier to play around than Sudowoodo but its an actual solid card in other match ups too while being a hard counter.

>>33164317
He meant as a counter that could be main decked as an alternate attacker. Unlike sudowoodo who is terrible vs all other decks, necrozoma has applications in other match ups. If it resolves its gx attack then tapu koko promo can finish off the other shaymins. its a strong main deck option.
>>
>>33164330
>>33164341
I can't believe I forgot its ability.
>>
>>33164317
Lele promo. Honestly it's too big of an investment for standard (i'm already thinking in expanded terms with megaray since worlds is the last standard event for it) but in expanded dimension valley is going to make both of those cards pretty decent. Necrozma can black ray for DCE and Lele can damage swap for P.

necrozma/lele also make trev break an incredibly fucking stupid expanded deck. Started messing with it with proxies, I think I lost 2 matches total to typical trev jank. but most of my wins weren't even close games.
>>
>>33164381
Expanded is a stupid format in general.
>>
>>33164381
>necrozma/lele
Why bother? You're just making your deck even more inconsistent than it needs to be.

You want to go first, set up your trev, and then you win because they can't use items.
Adding in more basics you have to switch into your phantumb is just going to make you lose the game.

And you WILL lose the game (to any competent player) if you don't set up your tree by turn 2.
>>
>>33161468
I just find it fun, easier and quicker than grinding daily challenges/mysterious boxes for locked packs.

>>33161839
Only use your gold on posting trades, experiment and find a market that works for you. If you are just starting out buying useful rares from older standard sets (BKT Zoroark or Gallade for instance) for 1 GR pack and sell them for 2, somedays you can get away with 3 (check your prices in-game daily! not guides). Obviously 1 pack profit is a grind but once you have some capital you can try for more expensive cards, always try to flip cards that are being played alot since throughput will be higher. Don't bother flipping bling cards (most players just want to play the game so more buyers, and people who buy bling are better at valuing so harder to profit). Being patient is key, sometimes a market will die for a few days but they always rebound if the card stays meta, so best thing you can do is diversify keep trying new markets. goodluck
>>
Metagross-GX has been in 1 (One) tournament so far and people still rate it...
>>
>>33164450
Just the possibility of it showing up is enough to shut down any potential Sylveon plays, so I appreciate it for that. Still hoping it's some out-of-left-field play that wins Worlds like last year, or at least not Garb/Drampa.
>>
>>33164450
It's the only good metal deck and only GX deck that can even hope to contest Gardevoir. That's why.
>>
>>33164412
ohh another big thing, keep an eye on the big youtubers (Omnipoke, Fishknuckles, Tablemon, YellowSwellow) Whenever they feature a rogue deck you can bet the card prices will spike, for instance when Joe played Xerneas at internationals I instantly bought every baby/break I could and posted tons of trades that seemed like good deals 2-3 GR for the break and 1 pack for baby. made atleast 100 packs in 2 days off that alone, sold some Xerneas BREAK for 8 packs! that was a month ago and the price on Xerneas still has stayed ~2 packs higher than it was beforehand. Did the same thing with Metagross when it placed at the regionals 2 months ago. I was buying for 1 and selling at 6 for atleast 3-4 days.
>>
>>33164474
I'd be extremely surprised if more than one garb deck got top 8.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1MB, 2064x1548px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
1MB, 2064x1548px
LCS gave me all their code cards for free since they were just gonna throw them away. Hope you get some good pulls.
>>
File: pulls.jpg (377KB, 1417x889px) Image search: [Google]
pulls.jpg
377KB, 1417x889px
>>33164534
thank
>>
>>33164412
>>33164483
and just so it's clear, when I say flipping, I don't mean sniping or hunting for good deals to resell. I post every trade (buying & selling) myself, there is certainly profit to be made doing it the other way but it's way too time consuming.
>>
>>33164534
>>33164569
3 codes and one pull posting.

shame.
>>
>>33149611
Control is mostly uncommon due to the timed nature of competition formats. Sylveon has great match ups outside timed formats.
>>
>>33165093
Very true. If there was no time or sudden death crap the meta would change noticeably. Heck online client stuff like sableye garbador which most decks are not prepared for is an excellent choice but those games go on so long. It doesn help the forced animations make every little shuffle eat up more of your time.
>>
>>33165052
Don't let that discourage you, awesome anon!
>>
I've been card collecting since HGSS, but I've never gotten into it competitively. I just like the art of the cards, and collecting rare ones. I like sorting the cards out. I actually have no desire to play the game - I just like collecting the cards. What am I doing to the actual game?
>>
>>33166047
Relatively little. You pay for the cards, so I suppose you're contributing to keeping the game afloat financially at least. Collectors like yourself also tend to be the cause for price hikes for rarer cards, as they remove them from the market for people actually interested in acquiring them to play with. As long as you aren't hoarding or trying to manipulate the market though, there's no major harm done.
>>
My Espeon GX box just came in the mail. Got a full art M Mewtwo EX from the Breakthrough pack. Gonna trade it for 2 more Espeons.
The pin and coin are also nice to have.

/blog
>>
Type weakness is a mistake, some decks can't be used in tournaments because they just autolose against a relatively popular deck despite being good otherwise.
>>
File: guardians.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
guardians.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
you guys want some? i have like 2 more bags with 60 codes, willing to give out a few.
Just post the funniest TCG image you got
>>
>>33164483
when you say packs, do you mean best currency only, aka ROS in the past and GRI now? metagross going for 6 GRI sounds crazy

thanks for the tip tho, i got a solid stach myself because i've been flipping for a while, but i feel like i'm too slow compared to you, can you give me some examples of big profit you can make once you have a lot of GRI at your disposal?

do you flip packs with standard only cards, or do you also do it with expanded/legacy?
>>
So, how many coins have you been able to save so far for the new expansion? I'm currently at 1600
>>
>>33166178
I'll just trade for the useable cards, I've got 20 or so GRI.
>>
hey bro's im just getting back into the tcgo, anyone wanna breifly sum up the meta rn? what cards are good to go after? are burning shadows scans up anywhere in english yet? i stopped after evolutions
also >>33166150
ill see if i can find some but im not sure theres any good ones out there
also
>>
>>33166615
Greninja and Volcanion are still pretty good. Volcanion is basically the last EX deck standing. All mega decks except Rayquaza are completely dead and Rayquaza is also pretty easily teched against now so almost nobody plays it.

Gardevoir-GX is going to be a good deck, Metagross-GX is good, Vikavolt/Bulu is good.

Garbodor/Espeon, Garbodor/Drampa, Zoroark BREAK, Ninetales-GX, and Vespiquen are all pretty good. There are lots of good stage 1 decks.

180 is the new magic number because that's how much HP most GX basics have, there are a few with 190 which is important because most cards are shooting for 180.
>>
File: garbodor-guardians-rising-51.jpg (682KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
garbodor-guardians-rising-51.jpg
682KB, 700x990px
>>33166615
this card is the biggest game changer introduced in fuckin forever, look at the first attack and you should understand why
meta used to be: set-up as much as you can as fast as you can and cruise from there. with garbodor attacking for 1 energy and being a 1 prize attacker, it doesnt work that way anymore

you now have to keep your item count in mind, both when building and playing, supporters are seen in higher counts, and the best support card in the format isnt Shaymin-EX but Tapu Lele-GX now; you can look it up but here is a quick summary: drop it and you can grab a supporter from your deck, it also has an attack that is good ol Mewtwo EX's Evil Ball, but without the ability to hit for weakness (or be resisted for that matter)

we're also on the verge of a new format dropping, and rotation, what it means real quick:

New set: Gardevoir GX is gonna be a tier 1 deck, and it has a built-in attack to deal with Garbodor, you can check the set here pokebeach.com/2017/07/english-burning-shadows-set-list-and-spoilers
Rotation: VS Seeker and Shaymin are leaving, also HexManiac, which means the best option for ability lock is gonna be Garbotoxin Garb, but Field Blower exists now, an item card to remove tools and stadiums; the only other option for ability lock are muk-alola (only works on basic) and attacks like Shadows Stitching

Cards to go after: tapu lele mainly, also all the GX >>33166640 mentionned, and you also want to get some of the items released while you were gone, such as Rescue Stetcher and Choice Band
>>
>>33166640
i appreciate it alot anon, well at least shaymin-ex and mega mewtwo y have finally been put to rest. they have right? those sets are cycled out now?
>>
>>33166691
the rotation is gonna be breakthrough-on, so shaymin ex is leaving but not mewtwo
mewtwo is bad and will stay bad tho, it gets absolutely demolished by garb, it also loses mega-turbo post rotation
>>
>>33166685
love the detailed post thanks anon, im saving these posts so i dont forget, hoping to come up with magic with mawile-ex and gardevoir gx
>>33166700
sweet may it rest in peace with the night march deck, and hopefully the meta isnt as bad as it was when i left lol
>>
File: Ae6Kv4nHXLT.jpg (33KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
Ae6Kv4nHXLT.jpg
33KB, 373x521px
>>33166150
pls gib
>>
File: th.jpg (17KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
17KB, 215x300px
>>33166150
anon pls
>>
>>33163279
IT'S BEEN HOURS AND IT'S STILL HAPPENING
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: lele get!.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lele get!.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>33166685
oh snap just got lele after winning entering an event
>>
>>33166920
lol lucky you, that's a sign you had to come back!
hope you'll like this new format, i personally love it, but some people find garb too suffocating
>>
>>33166941
i hope so too, good memories playing the tcgo, its comfy and chill when the formats good, XY was probably the most fun for me up until break sets
>>
>>33166750
>>33166762

>implying this is funny
>>
>>33166941

>but some people find garb too suffocating

Other anon here. I haven't been playing for a year, then I saw the new garb and I just fell in love with him. Now I play garb decks 24/7.
>>
>>33167046
ya well, do you know how hard it was to find le banana pokemon card. absolutely does not exist. would have killed em with that.
>2017
>no le banana pokemon meme card
>>
>>33163637
look on ebay and just buy them
>>
So I've been looking over deck lists and such and I think this is the Gardevoir GX list I'm going to go with. Any suggestions?

POKEMON (17)
Ralts (BREAKthrough 100/162) x4
Kirlia (Burning Shadows 92/147) x2
Gardevior GX (Burning Shadows 93/147) x3
Gallade (BREAKthrough 84/162) x1
Alolan Vulpix (Guardians Rising 21/145) x1
Remoraid (BREAKthrough 32/162) x2
Octillery (BREAKthrough 33/162) x2
Tapu Lele GX (Guardians Rising 60/145) x2

SUPPORTERS (13)
Professor Sycamore x4
N x4
Brigette x1
Skyla x1
Guzma x2
Fisherman x1

TRAINERS (19)
Ultra Ball x4
Rare Candy x4
Energy Loto x4
Choice Band x2
Float Stone x2
Super Rod x1
Rescue Stretcher x1
Field Blower x1

ENERGY (11)
Double Colorless Energy x4
Fairy Energy x7
>>
>>33167138
I'd probably include one or two Max Potion. You can abuse it with Fisherman/Twilight. Probably over the Energy Lotos (I like the idea in theory, but 4 sounds too much, and it's not like they will be very useful early game).
>>
>>33164479
Why can't solgaleo/baby ray and it's one-shotting everything handle garde?
>>
>>33167314
Probably too slow/inconsistent compared to Metagross that can set it self up on the same turn and attack.
>>
>>33167339
This, pretty much. Metagross is self-reliant once it starts getting set up. Only things that can really impede it are one shots, which only Solgaleo and firetypes can pull off, ability lockdown, which becomes harder with Hex Maniac rotating, and not having the energy you need in the discard, which anyone playing should be making a priority for early game.
>>
>>33167339
Solgaleo sets itself (and the rest of the board) up with its GX, then rayq sets it back up after blowing it's load.

Metagross is churning out 150 every two turns. Solgaleo 250 every two assuming energy in hand.

The only thing vastly superior is metagross let's you do trainers with its GX too.
Which could matter, but meh?
>>
What should i do with these?
I started playing recently and have a few of the staple cards.
Don't have any deck built yet.
Not sure on what to play but considering something like turbo dark
>>
>>33167626
flip them up until you can afford 2-4 tapu lele, as you'll need them in every competitive decks and it's the priciest card in standard by far
1 lele goes for ~20 guardian rising atm

if you wanna make a good investment, get them when burning shadows drops (in 4 days), burning shadows will have an overinflated value as soon as it comes out, and will drop from there, while GRI will keep its value for a long time and will stay the currency
>>
>>33167674
Im kinda shit at trading up, any tips?
>>
>>33167679
solid advices there:
>>33161363
>>33164412
>>33164483
>>
File: trade 1.png (619KB, 1442x927px) Image search: [Google]
trade 1.png
619KB, 1442x927px
Some dude just randomly sent me this trade, should i do it?
I dont know the worth of any of these
>>
OMFG CAN THEY LIMIT THIS SHITTY N TO ONE PER GAME?!?!!?

I'm sick of being N'ed when I don't need
>>
>>33167820
Part of the current meta is disrupting your opponents hand with N and avoiding giving your opponents outs with N.
>>
>>33167820
*haves octillery on bench*
>>
>>33167839

>oh wow why you complaining just play the deck which you should to avoid that

jesus...
>>
>players actually upset about garb.
Haha just cut trainers mail. Nigga use supporters for setup haha.
>>
>>33167990
When everyone plays slow it shouldn't even affect you that much anyway.
I'm glad the "call me when you're doing, I'm taking a nap meanwhile" shaymin + hoopa wankfest is dying.
>>
>>33167820
It's not strong enough to be an ace spec.

For comparison
>"switch your active with one of your bench and move as many energy as you like from the old active to the new active,"
>"equipped pokemon gives one less prize cards when knocked out,"
>"equipped pokemon causes 60 damage backlash when attacked,"
>"super scoop up without the coin flip,"
>"give Kyurem black 300 HP,"
>"none of Victini EXs attacks cost energy,"
>"genesect gains a 200 damage attack that ignores all effects"

Are ace specs.

N, but your opponent discards their hand instead of shuffles would be Ace spec tier maybe. But as it's on par with Lysandre, meaning it's on the strong side for supporters, but still a supporter.

Though ace specs are always items, so at least you couldn't vs seeker it.
>>
>>33167820
git gud breh
N is healthy as fuck
>>
>>33167924
I don't see how you avoiding N mate it's a staple card like Lysandre or sycamore so stop whining about it.
>>
Did rotation affect Japan at all? I know they were XY on this year, are they going to continue to be after September?
>>
>>33168085
You avoid by always having a small hand size (so that N gives you the same or equal cards) and not searching for things, so that losing a hand for a different one is more of less arbitrary.
>>
>>33168142
*Same or higher
>>
>lillie box came in from Japan
>one of the packs had 4 cards instead of 5
Is it even worth complaining about? At least I pulled a golisopod gx from the 6 packs
>>
File: IMG_3438.jpg (68KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3438.jpg
68KB, 800x800px
I have one spot left in my Night March/Marshadow deck. Should I throw in Oricorio or a Tauros GX?
>>
>>33168915
>Oricorio
>In nightmarch

For the mirror match?
>>
>>33168915
No
>>
I have over 100 first editions from the mid-late 90s, where would I go to find out if theyre worth anything?
>>
>>33169268
Very, very few of them are. Trust me
>>
>>33169268
check ebay/check tcgplayer yugioh singles to see the competitive market (you will have to undercut them to sell faster)

Check if they are shadowless borders "1995, 96, 98, 99" at the bottom. from their just sell on ebay because vendors will lowball you
>>
>>33169275
Even these holographic venusaurs and charmeleons?
>>
>>33166170
You are correct on packs. For metagross that was only immediately after the tournament it quickly stabilized at around 4 packs. I dont flip many metagross anymore but when I do I get them for 1 pack easily (1-2 a day, although somedays I do get 0). Try to spread out your trade posting so more people can see your offers and it's also just less fatiguing that way. I never spend more than 15 mins at a time checking prices or posting trades, and on weekends I try to post some trades every 4 hours~, weekdays I'm lucky if I do it twice.

As far as examples go I don't really want to give away too many of my prime profit makers but I don't really mind the competition if you end up finding them. I mentioned in my first post a few cards, for instance yesterday I made 40 packs on FA Ns, but had gone atleast a week without getting one. Without saying what I offer I profited 23 GR each on 2 Ns. Sold within an hour of purchasing them.
>>
File: 1499236683023.png (267KB, 480x527px) Image search: [Google]
1499236683023.png
267KB, 480x527px
which game has more insufferable fedora tippers: Pokemon or Magic?
>>
>>33169561
magic

https://www.youtube.com/user/tolariancommunity
>>
>>33166170
I started with standard only but have moved on to pretty much anything worth 20 packs+. Another thing to track is the current rewards in the tournaments. Let's say you the reward this time around for legacy is Triumphant, you know nubs will be opening celebi prime and grabbing whatever offer they see, regularly it goes for 60-70 but a beginner will be blinded by a 40 pack offer and take it immediately (I think we've all been there even if it's not pokemon related) some people don't even bother waiting for all the trades to load (the system is horrible, I used to do this type of thing on WoW and with addon support it is like a dream compared to what you have to manually do on ptcgo). Keep in mind the price of chase cards from current event reward packs will steadily decline until they rotate the rewards.
>>
File: 1500086904481.png (270KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500086904481.png
270KB, 1000x1000px
>>33169561
Magic by far. Magic's "fantasy card game for adults" style is more appealing to those type of people than something as chance based and kid-friendly as PTCG.
>>
>>33169553
>>33169598
thx senpai
>>
>>33169561
Even VGC which has more drama isn't that terrible, irl the pokémon fanbase is pretty chill, /vp/ is not a good example to use a reference
>>
>>33169291
Venu can get you some decent dosh.

Your charmeleon is a fake, those were never printed holo.
>>
You niggas told me bulu is good, yet it plays like shit. I'm disappointed.
>>
>>33169561
Well seeing how you can get stabbed playing a magic game, it would be magic
>>
>>33169812
bulu/vikavolt loses to hex maniac. It struggles to 1 shot metagross gx. Item lock can shut down rare candy plays as well.

Mind posting your deck list?
>>
>>33169843
>bulu/vikavolt loses to hex maniac. It struggles to 1 shot metagross gx. Item lock can shut down rare candy plays as well.

That's all what happened to me in the few last games, on top of getting stuck with shitty hand vs greninja.

Here's the list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 3 Grubbin SUM 13
* 3 Tapu Bulu-GX PR-SM SM32
* 2 Charjabug SUM 51
* 3 Vikavolt SUM 52
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 1 Pokémon Fan Club FAC 107
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 2 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 N FAC 105
* 1 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 12

* 5 Lightning Energy Energy 4
* 7 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
>>
>>33169812
Are you playing John Roberts list? I have a 75% winrate (by far my best besides Decidueye)

I beat garbo toxic consistantly. Yes you can lose to 3+ chain hex maniac. Metagross is not a probably if you start removing beldum/metangs turn 2 and know when to attach a FFB and baiting blowers with Choice Band (useless in the matchup). My hardest matchup is decidueye since it doesn't run VS seeker finding lysandre when you need it is rough. It plays VERY different than every other vikabulu list out there so it will take some time to get used to, 3 main things to look for are turn 2 Vikavolt (obviously), make sure you have a back up grass energy in your hand, and make sure you have energies in your deck. I find 1 recycler to be enough but I can understand putting in another. A key opening play that most overlook is lele for fan club get your grubbin and another lele. Next turn you can lele > skyla > rare candy and you can heavy/ultraball for the vikavolt, it can save bad hands.
>>
File: jrvikabulu.jpg (115KB, 960x564px) Image search: [Google]
jrvikabulu.jpg
115KB, 960x564px
>>33169934
whoops forgot pic
sorry for the spelling/grammar just woke up and didn't proof read.
>>
>>33169947
>>33169934
since the deck is just about getting set up and rolling over you opponent, shaymin is a key card and knowing when to choose it over lele is very important to good openings (alot like decidueye actually)
>>
These cucks conceding before a knockout are cancer.
>>
>>33169947
Mind explaning the Tapu Koko promo? which match up does it help unless you use it just for retreat pivoting.

how come no vs seeker?
>>
>>33169934
>Are you playing John Roberts list?

Maybe I should just modify my deck to mimic his list.
>>
>>33169947

>no vs seekers

But why?
>>
>>33170010
Koko promo is great for setting if you get knocked out you can promote it well you sycamore/N/skyla for another bulu to retreat into. I also find it's very useful in your hardest matchups (anything you can't ohko) koko + choice/FFB puts decidueye in range of KO with bulu. And since you can power up Electric Ball in 1 turn with a lightning in your hand, its a good 1 prize back up to finish something off so you can play the 7 prize game. No VS seeker is because that card becomes better later in the game and the only thing you are really worried about is setting up. with a good early setup you've already dont 80% of the work to win the game, and VS seeker just does nothing for you turn 1 and rarely turn 2. It's a throwback to the tool box decks with it's 3 skyla every item card in your deck is within reach most of the game.
>>
>>33170070
Garbodor fuel, plus people are prepping their decks for rotation
>>
>>33170082
A tip regarding support usage: don't play them if you dont have to, say you can land a knock out and you only have skyla in your hand. why bother playing the skyla this turn when it can help get the knockout next turn, who really cares if you have a dead hand when you can pull 2 energies from your deck every turn and skyla gives you acess to anythign you need.

>>33170085
Well the garb fuel is a legit reason. it's not the main reason. it's a toolbox deck at it's core and older players will recognize the archetype and why it can be successful.
>>
>>33170082
>>33170094
1 more thing, knowing when to attach FFB or Choice Band is key don't just attach when you are going to N your hand away to thin. This is useful for pretty much any deck, but because you have the option between them you can be be punished big time for it.
>>
"People who forget that Volcanion-EX is also a Water-type are so silly", I think to myself, as I half an hour later forget that Volcanion-EX is also a Water-type.
>>
File: whoops.png (228KB, 374x434px) Image search: [Google]
whoops.png
228KB, 374x434px
So let's say I might have been out of the game for a full year and last played when Generations was still new.

What did I miss?
>>
>>33170547
Also yes, an unreal amount of updates are happening to the point of me thinking it might have been faster to just reinstall the game.
>>
>>33170082
>>33169947
>>33169934

Thanks for the tips guys. My win ratio just skyrocketed from like 20% to 60. It turned out I played the deck like a retard +I had some bad luck with hard matchups.
>>
>>33167820
I hate N too. The worst part is that there are MANY people who talk as if it was essential to keep the game interesting.

Yes, you can disrupt your opponent late game, you can refresh you hand early on, you can avoid decking out. People basically repeat for the thousandth time the same plays they've being making for the past couple of years and still think this card is interesting.
>>
>>33170597
I despise N. But the card lets the kids make comebacks that would be essentially impossible. I believe judge to be the more "fair" N but they ended up reprinting N anyways.
>>
File: 1495239125_best-xy-188-500x500.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495239125_best-xy-188-500x500.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
Should I get FA Shaymin now or wait for the ultra cool ones that come with the bundle this winter?
I could invest in them hoping to sell them when they go up again, but I already have more than a playset (2FA and 3 RA) so I don't really need them.
What do you think the price of the promo ones will be?
>>
>>33170594
>>33169934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TQPnebjgWc
What are the odds, this just popped up today, been playing this deck for a few weeks and it's GOOD. This is a video of an interview with the deck builder (placed top 32 at internationals). I haven't watched it yet but I'm sure he can explain the deck alot better than I've been attempting to do.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm new to this how can I build a deck around these three?
>>
>>33170750
>Charizard
Unplayable outside of theme-tier decks.
>Venusaur
Could be a cool casual deck, expecially if you're still allowed to use Forest of Giant Plants by your friends. (It's going to be banned in expanded and rotate out of standard.)
>Blastoise
The only one that see any kind of competitive play. Search for an Archie's blastoise list or a Blastoise/Keldeo one.
>>
>>33170770
Thanks
>>
File: 1494680067881.jpg (197KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1494680067881.jpg
197KB, 1050x1400px
Is the primarina theme deck any good or is it complete garbage? I'd like to use it, but it seems like the lunala deck is recommended over it.
>>
Speaking of theme decks, whatever happened to Basic Blue? Do new players not get it any more? Everyone seems to play nothing but the Lunala deck, which loses pretty hard to Basic Blue except on the best of draws. Since I came back I've only seen one person on the theme ladder play Basic Blue -- is this because of the new starter theme decks?
>>
>>33170825
I'd say it's better than most, but there's far too much Lightning Energy in it for how many Pokemon require it to attack. Sometimes you end up drawing nothing but Lightning when you really needed Water three turns ago.
>>
>>33170825
Terrible boss monster in primarina 3 energy for 100 damage. Clyster does 80 for 3 energy. golduck can do 120 damage by discarding 2 water energy.Lanturn can do 120 with 3 energy. Corsola and herdier are your support pokemon. 2 hau, 1 lillie and 1 kukui for supporters. overall its a really lack luster deck.

>>33170864
basic blue became weaker ever since lapras was taken out. Lunala deck should win 90 games out 100 vs basic blue. 1 gyarados, 1 walrein, 1 greninja, 1 simipour is 4 prizes then you rely on basics which bewear eats up. None of the evolutions can 1 shot the Lunala boss or bewear. stuff like oricorio and mimkyu have more variance in usefulness but no way is basic blue a contender.
>>
>>33170929
I'll be honest, I've lost I think three games out of ~25 against Lunala since I came back, playing as Basic Blue. If they don't immediately get Lunala going they just lose; having a better sweeper doesn't help when your deck chugs like mad and has all sorts of consistency issues. I honestly think Dark Hammer would be better than Lunala, if not for all the psychic weakness.
>>
>>33170921
>>33170929
Darn, that's a shame. Thanks for the info though. Lunala's the way to go then?
>>
>>33170949
Lunala is the most consistent theme deck. Mimkyu, cosmog for draw are the best openers, bewear for draw nest ball to search those basics. Bewear sweeps basic blue, you dont need lunala to win. Basic blue needs to open with greninja or they lose. Its the best water theme deck by far no question. waters best opening is articuno. but you dont have to beat just 1 lunala, but 2 and 2 bewear, with their rescue stretcher that can be 3of whatever line of their choice. How does basic blue even deal with lunala? They get one shot while blue cant 1 shot back.
>>
>>33167452
Metagross is much more consistent than Solg because you don't need to spend a turn attacking with Ray to recover energy, you can stream attacks by manual retreating for 3 energy and reattaching energy with geotech.

The extra damage isn't that big of a deal against most decks in the meta either.
>>
>>33170995
You cant go wrong with Lunala (hidden moon) in theme. Hidden steel is powerful as well but not as consistent.
>>
>>33156524
>pay day not till the 14th
>got shit pulls at pre release

Should I send some off to derium?
>>
>>33149488
>play volcanion online
>the more i replace items with fire energy the better my win rate
>>
>>33171748
stop playing volcanion
play typhlosion, fill your deck with 25-30 fire energies and watch the wins roll in.
>>
So lets say you finished the vs ladder, and you did daily challenges, is there any reason to play vs mode now? 5 tokens hardly seem worth the time. Doing the daily vs reward for 10 wins is advised because of the tournament tickets but anymore than that and the reward is so minuscule other than just playing for fun of course
>>
>>33173298
No.
>>
>>33173603
>>33173298
Oh, nvmd, you can up your Elo.
>>
>Local store selling Burning Shadows in the morning

nice.
>>
File: 8.jpg (51KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
51KB, 400x558px
>>33149488
Hey, I just realized Shining Celebi could be super-useful for this guy.
>>
>>33173672
how
>>
>>33173677
Stall a turn.
>>
>>33173689
Seems awful. You spend a turn doing zero damage, and the requirement for doing so is playing the worse wimpod and not using heavy ball. I can think of much better tech options for golisopod, the most obvious being acerola with rainbow energy.
>>
>>33170377
I wish dual-type pokémon kept being a thing after steam siege.
>>
>>33173707
Oh damn, I didn't see that Wimpod. Nevermind.
>first turn free retreat for great turn ones
>heavy ball able
>>
File: IMG_1951.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1951.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Local store was having a sale and managed to get some cheap promos. Enjoy the codes.
>>
>>33174074
Managed to get them all but the Turtonator.
Posting pulls soon.
>>
File: thaanks fam 1.jpg (211KB, 1062x506px) Image search: [Google]
thaanks fam 1.jpg
211KB, 1062x506px
>>33174091
>>
File: thaanks fam 2.jpg (204KB, 1020x494px) Image search: [Google]
thaanks fam 2.jpg
204KB, 1020x494px
>>33174105
>>
File: thaanks fam 3.jpg (198KB, 1069x486px) Image search: [Google]
thaanks fam 3.jpg
198KB, 1069x486px
>>33174107
>>
File: thanks fam 4 - nighmarch dp.jpg (200KB, 995x482px) Image search: [Google]
thanks fam 4 - nighmarch dp.jpg
200KB, 995x482px
>>33174109
>>
>>33174111
>>
>>33174114
>>
File: 1492394326430.gif (2MB, 400x417px) Image search: [Google]
1492394326430.gif
2MB, 400x417px
>>33174114
>>33174115
>>
What are the chances of getting Tapu Lele in a Guardians Rising box? I know it's smarter to buy singles and all, but two being nearly the price of the box pains me. I'd rather get one through packs and one at its single price, so I at least have other stuff for my collection.
>>
>>33174091
I know that it is a free-for-all, but... fuck.
>>
is PTCGO just a big advertisement for the physical game?
>>
File: you.png (253KB, 1148x592px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
253KB, 1148x592px
>>33169580
>provides quality reviews of cardgame shit
>insufferable
>>
>>33174210
Not hugely likely. It's pricey, but you're probably never going to need more than two, and it's probably going to be THE card to have for competitive decks for the next several years, just like Shaymin was.

>>33174289
Yep. The only monetization the game has is through tickets, which I really can't imagine very many people actually pay for, and Gems, which don't exist outside Canada.
>>
>>33174362
I'm very torn. What if I wanted to make multiple competitive decks? I bought everything for a Volcanion one barring the Leles. Would it be worth it just to have the few good pulls in the box + a Lele, or is it still cheaper to buy all the decks via singles? Most of my cards are old, unfortunately, so I don't have much of a base.
>>
>>33174289
Basically, and it worked. I started playing physical for the first time since 2003 a few months after I started PTCGO.

>>33174210
Say you get 3 GX cards per box

There are about 45 cards of that rarity. 3 of them are Leles, which means, if we pretend all GX pull rates are similar, you'd get one about 6% of the time when you get a GX card. In practice it's lower than that because two of Lele's prints are rarer than the 'basic' GX cards which you will get more often. Let's say the real rate is about 4% Multiply by 3 GX per box and you have about a 12% chance of finding a Lele in a box if you get 3 GX cards, though that's still pretty fucking generous.

Even with that very generous assumption, you'd need to buy 8-9 boxes before you had an expected probability of 1, and that's still no guarantee. Then you'd repeat for the second Lele.

It is NEVER, EVER a good idea to buy boxes for hunting a particular GX card. Boxes are for people who like collecting and gambling, basically.
>>
>>33174289
Yep and extra added value for people who buy physical, "hey you can also play whenever you want with people around the world with the stuff you just brought for no extra cost!"

I would fucking love it if MTG did the same.
>>
>>33173632
>up your Elo.
That's a bad thing. You don't get better rewards, but do have to face harder opponents.
>>
>>33175140
Everybody would.

It would even be better for their company because it would get more people into the online, because right now you literally can't play without buying virtual product, which only diehards would do.

But buying physical, getting invested, then buying virtual is much more likely.
>>
File: 1495493311696.png (196KB, 640x395px) Image search: [Google]
1495493311696.png
196KB, 640x395px
>>33174292
Eat a dick
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.