[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your favorite mega designs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_6364.gif (940KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6364.gif
940KB, 500x455px
I think megas overall was an interesting move that GameFreak, in traditional fashion, fucking botched.

That being said, some of the megas have very cool designs. Lets have a thread dedicated to mega art or cool mega concepts.

My favorite is mecha-bug
>>
File: IMG_6374.png (539KB, 545x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6374.png
539KB, 545x386px
>>
File: IMG_6372.png (828KB, 1024x698px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6372.png
828KB, 1024x698px
>>
Manectric, Altaria, Audino

the rest are whatever but I feel besides some not being very usable or practical and not having one for every final stage Pokemon it's executed fine
>>
File: IMG_6373.jpg (190KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6373.jpg
190KB, 1000x900px
>>
bruh. capes.
>>
File: megamanectric1600x1200.jpg (132KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
megamanectric1600x1200.jpg
132KB, 1600x1200px
>>33148362
I think Mega Manectric is the coolest thing to come out of gen 6 and I don't understand why /vp/ hates it
>>
Not a fan of the pokémon itself, but Mega Kangaskhan is about as nice as megas can get IMO. It's simple and plays very well with it's ability.

Besides that I like Mega Mawile tho I gotta say the design still kinda confuses me, because I always saw Mawile as a honeytrap kinda shit with the cutesy yellow blow to attract someone and then the big jaw attacks, but the ponytail to pigtails is kinda silly and the final result is pretty cool looking.
Mega Blaziken is kinda bland I really do like the Muay Thai pose.

Besides that I like stuff like Mega Lopunny, Galade and Diancie as well.
>>
>>33148362
slowbro has a mega
>>
>>33148362
Diancie, Banette, Beedrill are my favorites
>>
>>33148362
I hate all the megas.
>>
>>33148399
god tier taste
>>
>>33148399
I do like it. Yeah it looks over the top but most megas are like that.
>>
>>33148362
I like the ones that look like actual evolutions, like Mega Audino, Mega Altaria and Mega Blaziken.

Then there are the ones that are almost identical to their base forms. Those I hate with a burning passion and wish never existed. Mega Ampharos, Mega Heracross and Mega Manectric can all fuck off to hell. Not to mention Mega Slowbro.
>>
>>33148362
Where did you find that gif? Do you have it for other megas
Also my favorite is Garchomp but no one else likes it
>>
Metagross and Sableye
>>
File: IMG_0539.jpg (52KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0539.jpg
52KB, 900x900px
Megas have an interesting concept and seem to have good intent for implementation. However, execution was a bit poor.

I liked that it took some Pokémon that fell victim to power creep and made them more viable. Same for seemingly perennial shitmon. Giving megas to Pokémon that were already cemented in "the meta" seems like an odd choice. I get that popularity played a role in their decision to give some Pokémon the ability but some are unnecessary and pushed capable Pokémon into the broken territory.

Others, like pic related were done well. Still, I feel like Mega Mawile, Mega Houndoom, and a few others would have been better served as actual evolutions. Mawile, for example, was done really well. It was given an ability, star spread, (retconned to fairy), and logical design. If more cross gen evos were done like that, the eviolite meme wouldn't be a thing.

Regardless, it's an interesting feature. I prefer the regional forms gen 7 gave us to a temporary evolution form but whatever. If we see more in the future I wouldn't mind.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.