[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ORAS Appreciation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

Post fanart, music, discussions, etc. about the most successful Pokemon remakes to date
>>
File: 1501017008853.png (702KB, 700x840px) Image search: [Google]
1501017008853.png
702KB, 700x840px
>>
>>33146692
They were fun. I just wish swampert got a better mega evo
>>
File: pokemon_oras_by_fer_gon-d87apn3.jpg (497KB, 1600x965px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_oras_by_fer_gon-d87apn3.jpg
497KB, 1600x965px
>>33146692
Not only did ORAS sell the most out of the remakes, it managed to outsell HGSS despite being released on a handheld with a smaller install base. That's seriously impressive.
>>
>>33146715
Why is May so perfect? She already had nice boobs but now she's got goddess tier armpits as well. And I'm not even an armpitfag.
>>
File: 1402697293574.jpg (605KB, 1700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1402697293574.jpg
605KB, 1700x800px
>>33146692
Best game in the franchise so far. I wish this site weren't so overrun with underage sinnohkids so it could get the fare shake it deserves.

>>33146718
Hey man, at least Mega Swampert is kind of good. Mega Sceptile's got nothing.
>>
>>33146737
who the fuck is that in the middle? I'm guessing the artist?
>>
>>33146737
>The OC with the OC shoulder critter in the middle

What the heck.
>>
Most hype battle ever. Omhori gives me hope of a space region
>>
>>33146692
I really like Hoenn, even if they made it into low-effort chibi-minecraft version. Loading screens were a pain, but nostalgia prevailed in the end. Music was great (albeit some triggering changes) and story was definitely improved. Having 3d battles (even if some mons were fucked over) and modern mechanics is top tier desu, but the real cherry was the newest edition of the Pokenav: my nigga Dexnav!
>>
>>33146761
ORAS actually had a lot of great moments. Fucking going into Zinnia's battle with her music playing and Mega Evolving Rayquaza was fucking hype.
>>
File: 1488059309790.jpg (654KB, 800x543px) Image search: [Google]
1488059309790.jpg
654KB, 800x543px
>>33146715
After looking on Bulbapedia, apparently Brendan and May have different eye color. May has blue eyes, whereas Brendan has grey eyes. May is also paler. That's kinda nice touch, especially considering all the other male/female pairings pretty much look exactly the same. Like, Lucas has the same eye, hair and skin color as Dawn.
>>
>>33146779
Honorable mentions:
>get to have both freakin' bikes, AT ONCE!
>new mysterious and chill af base spots
>soarin' and actually plausible mirage island visits
>1 day care not being enough. Those fucking madmen over at gf went ahead and put in ANOTHER fucking orgyhouse for your bros, this one run by hardcore lil kids! Even comes with an endless loop in the vicinity to boot!
>Wally reaching Pitchford-tiers of badassery
>new megas being hella rad
>gf being the ABSOLUTE fucking MADMEN they are, concluding their flaming rampage by enabling motherfucking Primal boosts to the legendary forces that shaped the fucking world, completely breaking the pelvic bone of the meta as we know it!
>>
Yay for the shittiest remakes?
>>
>>33146941
You're welcome to make an HGSS thread if you like, anon. This thread is for the best remakes, ORAS.
>>
>>33146941
Best remakes and highest selling remakes
>>
>>33146941
Don't you have a "SM sucked you guys!" thread you should be making? I think it's been several minutes since the last one already!
>>
>>33146692
i really like what they did with Trainers Eyes. the increased frequency of battles as well as giving you the option to fly to the specific routes/areas is fantastic.I'd say it's just as good as the Vs. Seeker.
>>
File: image.png (611KB, 1092x1248px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
611KB, 1092x1248px
>>33146969
>Best remakes

They're the worst.
>>
>>33147044
Yeah I really liked that functionality they added to rematch Gym Leaders.
>>
>>33147173
According to who? They're objectively better than HGSS, for starters. It's more of a preference thing vs FRLG, of course.
>>
>>33147173
Thanks for the heads up! Now I know I shouldn't bother opening your pic.
>>
>>33146692
I liked them, I just wish they were more akin to Emerald and had a few more areas to explore. Like how in FrLg and HGSS they added new areas to run around in, I really wish they did that for ORAS.

Also how in the FUCK did Milotic not get a mega?
>>
>>33147173
Best legendary collecting game though.
>>
>>33146941
>>33147173
We get it, you didn't like ORAS, and that's cool. We all have our own tastes. I appreciate all of the remakes, and I can admit HGSS is a more dramatic improvement, but I like what ORAS brought to the table. Why you gotta hate?
>>
>>33146750
No way. Lightningrod made it a perfect counter to Rotom Wash, who was common at the time, and prevented it from being Thunder Waved, the most common kind of paralysis inducing move by a country mile. Mega Sceptile can also come in on mindless Volt Switches and boost its already huge 145 Special Attack even further. It also is thankful in SM that it doesn't have to wait after Mega Evolving to use its additional speed to handle faster stuff. This is without even going into how much better Unburden as a HA is than Damp...

If Pelipper didn't get buffed, Mega Swampert would be no different than last gen right now, if not worse off. And regardless of how good it is, a speed boosting ability should not be given to the starter who is the slowest of the three and has a bulky playstyle. It also did nothing for its two main problems: its grass weakness and lack of recovery. Plus, weather got nerfed the generation Swampert got Swift Swim.
>>
Not as good as the originals.

Still great games though, and easily the best games Gen 6 had to offer.

Who cares if the battle frontier was removed? Okay, I did. I liked that feature. But the Pokeradar made up for it. I swear, doing competitive stuff in a main pokemon campaign has never been this much fun for me.

Also really good graphics.
>>
>>33147187
>They're objectively better than HGSS, for starters.

No they're not.
>>
File: 1369643550834.jpg (35KB, 407x482px) Image search: [Google]
1369643550834.jpg
35KB, 407x482px
>>33147643
>Who cares if hours upon hours of replayable unique gameplay was removed? This grindy feature that is just a worse version of breeding makes up for it!

dexnavfags get stupider by the day.
>>
>take out berry blender mini game
>take out Safari Zone
>take out Battle Frontier, the things fans were most excited about when they found out about the remakes
>take out Match Call for no reason, even include a shit version

It's funny how Emerald is better than a game that came out 10 years later.
>>
>>33148082

I just like having egg moves on my in-game mons. The swag of having a Giga Drain Lotad against Roxanne is pretty unparalleled. Or Hydro Pump Surskit
>>
>>33148229
b-but MUH THREE DEE and MUH DEX NAV
>>
File: IMG_3185.png (432KB, 630x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3185.png
432KB, 630x448px
>>33146843
Nope. Brendan looks exactly the same.
>>
>>33148082
>enjoying features makes you stupid
hmm I see
any other insight for us?
>>
Thanks, guys, I'm glad other people enjoyed the games, too

I'm kind of sad I didn't play them more when they were current, I really like the online secret base stuff...
>>
File: Battlefronteir.png (137KB, 1901x503px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefronteir.png
137KB, 1901x503px
Just going to post this comment about the Battle Frontier.
>>
I'm so glad there are people who give oras the appreciation it deserve on this board
>>
>>33146761
>space region
Go neck yourself with that bullshit
>>
>>33147187
It's the other way around. They're objectively better than FRLG, but with HGSS it's more subjective.
>>
>>33147643
It's definitely better than RS.
>>
>>33146692
ORAS fucking blows. It sucks they treated Hoenn fans that way after delivering on an amazing remake like HGSS.
>>
>>33148082
Yeah, fuck me for having an opinion, right? I guess personal opinions determine intelligence these days. By those standards, you're a retard for disagreeing with me. Hey, I'm just using your logic.
>Lmao this kid just said "Who cares about BF"
I just said I did care about the fact that the BF was removed, you illiterate neanderthal. And even then, guess what? Some people did not enjoy the BF!

Yeah because there couldn't just have been an appreciation thread for ORAS. No, because autistic people like you, who piss themselves when they come to learn that people have different opinions than they do, must always share their goddamn opinions like they're the truth. Go fuck yourself anon. I'm sick of this shitty ass website.
>>
>>33149468
Fake News. ORAS is objectively better than HGSS. Johtoddlers try to spin the narrative of how amazing HGSS postgame is, yet forget to mention how postgame is irrelevant if the main campaign is boring, and oh boy, is the Johto region FUCKING boring.

The fact that you came into an ORAS thread just to shill your shitty remakes that only contrarians care about shows just how insecure Johtoddlers are about their favorite games.
>>
>>33148807
Since Sun/Moon there's been a lot more appreciation for ORAS, but people here have always enjoyed ORAS. There's just a few dozen Johto and Sinnoh shitposters who spam anti-ORAS threads. Johtoddlers do so because they're butthurt that ORAS outsold HGSS despite being on a system that is nowhere near as popular as the one HGSS is on.
>>
File: Pokémon.full.2081518.jpg (601KB, 974x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.2081518.jpg
601KB, 974x1000px
Pokemon Emerald was my first pokemon game (godamn, It was a hell of an impression, especially that Rayquaza cutscene), back then before i knew it, i was already in a pokemon hype train. i went trough every gen and had fun every single of it. Hell, i was even a shipfag, so playing ORAS is like seeing an old good friend, with a fresh new start.

It's not a perfect game, i tell you what. the only thing i was disappointed was we cant have a rematch with gym leaders just like Emerald.
I really like Hoenn gym leaders, after championships i want to go back with the gym leaders and see what they ACTUALLY have in them.

at least we have a lot of cute waifus/trainers

Kinda sad SM felt very empty after playing ORAS. YOU CANT EVEN SIT. GAMEFREAK, HOW YOU FUCK DAT UP.
>>
>agreed
>false
>false
>false. The Game Corner WAS removed, but the entire city of Maulville was renovated.
>added Battle Resort
>Sky Pillar is fine because the bike puzzle wasn't fun, agree with Grantite Cave
>Gym leaders are pushovers in HGSS as well so what's the point here?
>Has nothing to do with the actuall game
>HGSS just copy pasted Platinum's BF which is gimped from Emerald's. At least the Battle Maison came with the above mentioned Battle Resort.
Surprised Johtoddlers still post this meme when it's been debunked by people so many times previously.
>>
>>33148684
Even if he has the same eye color, there is no denying his hair and skin is darker than May's in the official art.
>>
>>33150013
I've noticed that a lot of the people who hate ORAS and SM are accused of being either genwunners, or Johto/Sinnoh fanboys. Since not one of them is denying it, I'm just gonna assume it's true.
>>
>>33150064
>Mauville
I liked how they changed it in ORAS
>Added Battle Resort
It was a HUGE downgrade from the Battle Frontier. Before you bitch and say "b-but it wasn't an Emerald remake" take into note that HGSS added stuff from Crystal
>"It's okay that they completely fucked Sky Pillar because I love to suck Gamefreak's dick"
Right.
>Gym leaders are pushovers in HGSS
So are they in ORAS. Also, you can actually have rematches with Gym Leaders in HGSS, unlike in ORAS
>HGSS just copy pasted Platinum's BF
They did, but they also added a lot more shit that wasn't in the original. The only thing they added in ORAS was the dexnav, soaring, and a shit island that completely shat on old fans.

Why do people defend the lazy shit that was ORAS?
>>
>>33150086
That IS official art.
>>
>>33146692
These games are so nostalgic. most people on /vp/ shit on it for the meta, and I get that, but these games were fucking amazing for anyone that played RSE as a kid. The music was fucking awesome even though they did change some of it a bit.
>>
Oh man /vp/ is THE most contrarian board
>When a game is out they hate it
>After the new games come out they love it
Never change, /vp/
>>
>>33148954
>They're objectively better than FRLG
You are objectively retarded
>>
>>33151379
After see how shit Sun and Moon were, ORAS seems a little better in comparison.
>>
>>33148229
I recently got all the contest ribbons in Emerald. Berry Blender wasn't even fun, especially when you have to rely on the ai not fucking up.
>>
>>33151379
I could at least get my autism on and shiny hunt in oras, since it's one of the best games for that. SM fucking suck for that
>>
>>33151379
Plenty of people still hate ORAS, so no, not really. Stop selectively reading you faggot.
>>
>can't even sell half of what X/y did

Yeah successful okay
>>
>>33151414
No, he's right. You're objectively retarded
>>33151513
This is fake news. ORAS is universally loved outside of /vp/ and even in /vp/ there are just a few obese Johtoddlers who are assblasted their games got outsold by ORAS.
>>33151525
>XY - 16 mil
>ORAS - 14 mil
>"can't even sell half of what X/y did"
You should probably delete this post, seeing as you can't even solve basic math.
>>
I still don't get why being a fan of gen 2/4 necessarily means being a huge dick. I'm a huge fan of gens 2 and 4. I loved Platinum and HGSS. I still enjoyed ORAS.

Although yes, nostalgiafags tend to be not so much genwunners but rather that mixed with Johtoddlers (AKA people who believe gen 2 was the last good gen. Give me a break).
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.