[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interview with Masuda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Junichi_Masuda.png (243KB, 269x395px) Image search: [Google]
Junichi_Masuda.png
243KB, 269x395px
>Q:We noticed ORAS had a lower difficulty level compared to previous Pokemon games. What bought you to this decision? Any chance that future games will have the possibility to adjust difficulty level as seen in Black and White 2?
>A:What? How come you've already played the games? hearty laughter [the games were supposed to come out in Italy the day after the interview] We created a "balanced" game that was suited for our time and age, where everyone is very busy and young people have various means of entertainment. Using smartphones and other devices they can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past. The player can choose to keep on playing after the main story and continue to the post-game, where the difficulty rises and there are much more difficult Trainers and challenges to overcome.
>Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?
>A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.

Thoughts on this?
>>
>>
>>33146122
He's japanese, they're very smart people so I agree with everything he says here. Pretty sure around 30% players play the battle frontier and at least half of those drop it after their first or second lose.
>>
>>33146122
>In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.
That's where he is wrong, a lot of people would have enjoyed the battle frontier. The battle mansion lacks content. It seems like they listened to the challenge part in sm.
>>
>look mom! I posted it again!
>>
At the time it was a major fuck up. Thankfully they seem to be listening to the fan base, as SM is noticeably more challenging than OrAs. So maybe the door is open there for USUM.
>>
>>33146163
>>SM is noticeably more challenging than OrAs
No
>>
>>33146222
Totem Lurantis was way more challenging than all of the gym leaders in OR/AS combined.
>>
>>33146225
I one hit it
>>
File: 自-have-some-pokegirls-4826057.png (121KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
自-have-some-pokegirls-4826057.png
121KB, 500x401px
>>33146122
As long as USM introduce more Top Tier Pokégirls, I'll be more than satisfied. I just wish we could get some more news already...
>>
>>33146148
And all Americans are fat retards that praise Trump everyday.
>>
File: 1471521728782.png (499KB, 881x669px) Image search: [Google]
1471521728782.png
499KB, 881x669px
>>33146233
Sure you did.
>>
>>33146122
this is 100% cancer.

>b.but only casuals play pokemon!
>h-hard games are not f-fun!

fuck you masuda you retarded ugly jap shit
>>
Does the person doing the interview not understand that difficulty is subjective? I can understand retards on here not comprehending that but wtf. There are people had a harder time with ORAS than XY.
>>
>>33146537
>Does the person doing the interview not understand that difficulty is subjective?
I'd state that for everyone on this board.

We all find Pokémon games rather easy. However I've seen posts about children not even being able to reach or beat the first trial/gym/whatever and just moving on to the next game, leaving Pokémon to a side entirely.

It's sad, but that's the reality.
>>
>>33146151
>That's where he is wrong, a lot of people would have enjoyed the battle frontier.
He's saying that casuals/kids won't enjoy it very much, which he's probably right in.
>>
>>33146545
I'm very weird when it comes to difficulty in Pokemon. Everyone goes on about how hard Whitney or Morty or Claire were, whereas for me, they were cakewalk. Meanwhile, I found genuine challenge in Sun and Moon, two games people claim are very easy. What is going on?
>>
>>33146549
Weren't casuals/kids part of the people who played RSE and DPPt though?
>>
>>33146560
Like >>33146537 said, difficulty is subjective and varies for player to player. I personally don't really give a shit about difficulty. As long as the gameplay is fun, a game could be easy or hard or in the middle and I won't care.
>>
>>33146573
Yes, but that doesn't mean they completed or even liked the Battle Frontier. I remember playing Emerald, doing the Battle Frontier for maybe an hour, and then losing interest.
>>
>>33146560
GSC were literally Artificial Difficulty: The Gen.
>>
>>33146590
I remember The Completionist's review of Emerald. He said the Battle Frontier was the only thing he DIDN'T like about the game and he's a grown-ass man.
>>
>>33146578
Same. I find all Pokemon games to be really easy, with a few difficult parts, with the exception of XY, which was just all around easy. Still, it didn't matter at all to me. I like nearly all of these games.
>>
>>33146594
I can understand with those difficulty curves I just mentioned, but what other parts of that gen felt like artificial difficulty?
>>
Masuda is hui. a HUI!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.