[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: unpopular opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

File: image.png (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52KB, 250x250px
I don't like Eevee or any of it's evolutions.
>>
>>33145309
I don't like any grass starters. The only reason I chose Rowlett is because the other 2 were even hotter garbage. I'm unoffended by chesnaught, torterra and venasaur. All others will never find themselves in my party.

Gimme Gogaot any day over all of them.
>>
>>33145328
>unoffended by chesnaught
>unoffended by objectively the worst grass starter
Shitty taste desu.
>>
>>33145309

I like Delphox.
>>
File: 7183978321978213.png (467KB, 454x698px)
7183978321978213.png
467KB, 454x698px
>>33145362
I like Delphox too, but IMO it would have been better with a full gandalf design. I blame Mega Alakazam.
>>
File: tranquill.jpg (25KB, 300x287px)
tranquill.jpg
25KB, 300x287px
I like Tranquill.
>>
>>33145309
I'm ok with Sylveon but I dislike the rest
>>
>>33145757
Same here.
>>
>>33145309
I miss HMs
>>
XY are better than SM
>>
Hau is boring and annoying
>>
>>33145788
>>33145800
these aren't unpopular opinions
>>
in my experience, SM was one of the most challenging mainline games with exp share off, surpassed only by Platinum and BW2 challenge mode
>>
>>33145832
That isn't an opinion, that just you being a fucking retard.
>>
>>33145832
Lol
>>
>>33145832
Yeah, same for me.
>>
I thought Hau was a good character.
>>
>>33145832
That's because it was
>>
>>33145800
This is the popular one.

>>33145862
This is more like it.
>>
If a person legitmatatly loves Pokemon like Dunsparse or Farfetch'd (those kind of mons) more than any of the other 800+ mons/forms then I think that person has objectively shit taste.

Also, Greninja/Charizard/Mewtwo/Darkrai are entry level, vanilla taste. Good mons but really kind of vapid.
>>
Sinnoh starters are the best trio
>>
>>33145889
This is true
>>
>>33145881
Farfetch'd is garbage but Dunsparce is one of my favorites. You just have shit taste mate, it wasn't made for you. I bet you don't even know what it is based on, idiot.
>>
File: 1482279042591.gif (416KB, 500x281px)
1482279042591.gif
416KB, 500x281px
The Vanilluxe line as a concept is terrible, but it's design is cute!
>>
>>33145907
I do and for the record if I was told that the options are to either love it or hate it I'd say I love it. However, it's design and use is so forgettable and bland that it simply isn't better than every other Pokémon.

Look at the other 800 mons and forms out there and you think Dunsparse is better? Who are you kidding?

It's not a bad design but it just doesn't hold a candle to other Pokémon.
>>
>>33145930
I don't really care if it isnt the objectively best design and performance of all 800 fucking Pokemon you sperg. He's my favorite. Do you not understand that my personal experience, connection, and influences are what determine my taste? This is a fucking pointless argument anyway since you're the sort of person who believes in "good" and "bad" opinions. Autismo.
>>
>>33145967
>he
>>
>>33145967
Unpopular opinions thread, you numpty.

That's like saying your favourite movie is Shrek 3 instead of I don't know, The Shawshank Redemption/The Dark Knight/Pulp Fiction/etc. You're entitled to your opinion but you can sometimes say it's just a shit opinion.
>>
>>33145309
The only evelution I like is jolteon
>>
>>33146005
There is no such thing as a bad opinion, although it can be based on objectively incorrect facts. What I'm responding to is this retarded idea that someone's favorite Pokemon should be the same as the objectively strongest competitive Pokemon.
>>
>>33145832
This. I had a ton of fun with it too. Mimikyu and Hapu were a breath of fresh air from the braindead fights last gen.
>>
>>33146034
I Never said it has to be. Look mate I like Dunsparse too but I just think there's a lot better stuff out there. If you like it, good on you.
>>
>>33145309
I'm totally fine with never getting a quadruped fire starter
>>
>>33146105
I mean, he's not my favorite. I like Scolipede more, and some others too. I just really think he deserves better. His design is great, but gf just didn't really make him viable or interesting, statwise. Sorry for getting carried away.
>>
File: Alola!.jpg (350KB, 800x468px) Image search: [Google]
Alola!.jpg
350KB, 800x468px
I loved SM, i love catching Pokemon in Alola, the short routes, and native Pokemon, i know most are shit, but isn't that implied in the story? Like Kukui lost to the Kanto E4, so he wants you to show the best of the Alolan Pokemon and Trainers as the first champion ever.The music may not me memorable but i liked it is comfy as fuck. Already at my fourth playthrough.
>>
>>33146139
Good taste with Scolipede. Old mate Dunsparse is cool and deserves better but yeah there's a lot 'better' out there.

Peace, my dude.
>>
>>33145362
Delphox is one of my favorite mons, I wish it was better in online battles.

>unpopular opinion
Hoenn is my least favorite region, or
at least ORAS hoenn since I've never played RSE.
>>
>>33146229
>a literal child
well yeah go figure your opinions are so shit
>>
>>33145309
What kind of a twisted evil monster are you?
>>
>>33146285
My first game was silver, then I dropped out of pokemon and got back into it during XY.

You really are quick to yell underagefag at anyone you can, aren't you
>>
My favorite starter trio is Alola
>>
>>33146229
>I've never played RSE.
Get Emerald and start right now, Hoenn is one of the best regions save for the water meme
>>
>>33145889
>least favorite gen
>least favorite region
>the best starters
I feel conflicted
>>
>>33146456
Same here pal
>>
>>33145309
Cyrus was the best villain in the series
>>
The Genesect movie is great and deserves more apreciation for competently working around all its limitations and obligations (promoting the current mythical, figuring out how to have classic mons in Unova, promoting mega evolutions through mewtwo of all things, having to be continuity free both with the show and other movies and specials, meaning it had to come up with a mewtwo of its own and set it appart to avoid confusion).
It's admirable how they made it work by reimagining Mewtwo as a Pokemon vigilante that sympathises with the Genesect but is conflicted between helping them and saving the pokemon from them, thus having a non antagonist Mewtwo that can't just solve the plot with its inmense power.
It's simply not fair to chastise the movie for not being in continuity with the first one, let alone that one sequel special, given the state the franchise is in.
>>
File: IMG_6161.jpg (72KB, 400x500px)
IMG_6161.jpg
72KB, 400x500px
Gen 5 has the best set of starters
>>
>>33145309
I thought SM was shit
>>
I prefer Gen 5's more cartoony pokemon designs over Gen 1's more natural pokemon designs, and I've been around since the begining.
>>
I'm sick of Team Rocket.
>>
I don't hate any starters of any generation, though I do like some lines more than others.
>>
File: eevee.png (60KB, 609x645px)
eevee.png
60KB, 609x645px
>hating eevees
>>
>>33145309
I don't really like Mimikyu, I think it's overshilled to Lucario / Charizard levels.
>>
>>33147069
man fuck you, nigger
>>
>>33146986
that's the popular opinion on /vp/ though.
>>
I don't like steel type, don't know why anybody thinks it's so strong (Ice is a shit type anyway so who cares if it's good against that) and I think it ruined Empoleon because now it is:

>weak to fighting types
>weak to ground
>fire does normal damage now
>>
The tao trio are the best boz legendaries so far.
>>
>>33148628
No, it's just the VOCAL opinion. We have had multiple polls and the results were always that 80% people liked SM and 20% didn't.
>>
>>33145843
But difficulty is an opinion you fucking retard
>>
File: 1482994425602.gif (995KB, 500x478px)
1482994425602.gif
995KB, 500x478px
>>33145757
>>33145766
Pink Cat a best
>>
Gen 4 is my least favorite Generation.

I love ORAS.

Garbodor's design is cooler than people give it credit for.

Klefki's my boy.

I don't care that Gen 5 had counterparts to Kanto mons. Some were better than their counterparts, some weren't. It's not wildly different from Alolan Forms.

I like everything they did with Fairy type except Bug resistance, and only because I don't understand the logic.

I like Charizard the most of the three Kanto
Starters, and this comes from someone who did a run through Red version with each of them and picked Squirtle first. The game was a gift, so I didn't know Blastoise was the mascot of blue.

I'm happy Vanilluxe exists because it also means we got other cool pokemon James Turner designed like Golurk.

On a general basis, I like newer pokemon more because there's usually more design elements to them and they're more creative as a result, most likely due to fans saying "THIS IS A POKEMON? WHAT'S IT SUPPOSED TO BE?"

I honestly don't care if DP Remakes come or if the Switch game is Gen 8.

I like Smogon because they straight up say that you don't have to use their rules if you don't want to. All of their bans are done by vote. At least you can play other tiers for originality, unlike VGC Tournaments.

>>33145309
Yeah, I feel like the only reason they keep pushing it at this point is because it sells merch like crazy and the casuals love it.

>>33145832.
>Beginner trap Ilima with Technician Smeargle that has a super effective move to your starter.
>Magnemite, Alolan Grimer, and Bonsly in the trainer school are a problem for one of the starters.
>Totem Wishiwashi+Alomomola with Heal Pulse and Healer in constant rain a la gen 5 Drizzle.
>Totem Lurantis with a Power Herb actually being fast for once and Sunny Day Synthesis+Castform Weather Ball for bug types.
>Hau getting Alolan Raichu by the end of the 2nd island and it having Psychic literally right as you get the TM for it.

Don't sleep on the shit this game can throw at you.
>>
The Vanilluxe line is brilliant, combining ice spikes and snow to make it look like ice cream in what is a simple and easily identifiable ice type, wich is greatly apreciated when most ice types are given that type simply because they can live in the cold. It doesn't deserve to be looked down let alone used as a standard for bad designs.
>>
>>33145832
SM was the most challenging Pokémon game for me, the only other game I had trouble with was my first one.
>>
I like D/P
>>
I hate Typhlosion and Ampharos
>>
>>33147101
Same here.

>>33145309
I like the Gen 5 sprite animations and the little touches they added, like weight determining how much dust was kicked up.

I do not hate any pokemon or any gen, though I do like some more than others and I do have favorites and complaints. Pokemon is one of those series that always has something fun going for it in every game.
>>
The Oshawott like is my favorite starter line
>>
>ORAS is the best game in the franchise
>Hoenn is the best region
>Gen 3 is the most significant generation to the evolution of the franchise
>HGSS is the worst remake
>Gen 4 is the worst generation
>DPPt are the worst games
>Sinnoh and Johto are tied for the worst region
>SM was actually really good
>XY was too
>SMD has much better gameplay than Explorers of Sky
>Pokken is good and Luchachu was a fine pick
>Fairy type is good
>I'd be fine with Light or Cosmic type too
>Mega Evolutions are the single greatest addition to battles since Abilities
>Pokemon Amie/Refresh is the best non-battle addition full stop
>PokeNAV was a GOAT feature and should never have been dropped
>Gen 2 has the worst Pokemon
>Team Plasma is the worst evil team
>Gen 5 has the worst music
>Gen 5 has the worst starters
>Gen 5 has the worst Legendary Pokemon
>Iris' battle theme is the worst song in the series
>N is the worst character in the franchise
>by contrast, Zinnia is actually pretty high tier, and her being a fuckup is actually great
>IVs are a good mechanic
>SM is the most challenging game in the franchise
>Ash is a fine character and the anime, questionable as it is, has always been better than PokeSpe
>Serperior is the worst designed Grass type Pokemon, closely followed by Tsareena
>Samurott is the worst designed Pokemon full stop
>the only reason gen 4 is popular on /vp/ is because most posters are kids who grew up with DP as their first games
>Delta Episode was GOAT
>it's hair

t. started with Blue back on its initial stateside release

Seems like a pretty good list for starters, eh?
>>
>>33152635
>t. started with Blue back on its initial stateside release
t. falseflagger
>>
>>33145309
Nobody but young girls and furfags would care.

>>33145328
Now this is offensive fucking shit right here. Worst taste, probably sucks Blaziken cock for breakfast and Typhlosion cock for dinner.

>>33145362
I love it just for the concept. Execution could have been better, but it's not nearly as bad as people say it is. And I prefer it vastly over its furb8 pre-evo.

>>33149838
It really isn't. Difficulty is in part defined by max levels and movesets, both of which are rather unimpressive in Gen VI as a whole.

>>33150791
Stealth shitpost mixing obvious lies like Gen 4 being bad with obvious truths like Garbodor not being so bad.
>>
>>33152635
>"I want (you)s mommy!", the post.
>>
>>33152647
Sorry lad, it's true. Sorry if that fact flies in the face of whatever narrative you want to push. Here's some more:

>the series has experienced a fairly linear increase in quality each generation, with the exception of gen 4- USM will be the best games yet if they follow the pattern
>models are better than sprites, and gen 5 was extremely unattractive thanks to its pixellated tweened messes
>the Kalos starters were great
>Smogon's main flaw is insisting on having everything revolve around single battles, when their increasingly complex and ridiculous bans prove that the game is no longer designed to support singles
>Festival plaza is bad but not unbearable
>furfags actually managed to ruin Gardevoir in-game, an impressive feat
>Alolan Persian is great, and I say this as someone who loved Gen 1 Persian for Slash memes
>people who hate Mega Evolution are probably too young to remember the Pokegods because every oldfag I know thinks Megas are hype as fuck and essentially Mist Stones becoming canon
>Ho-oh > Lugia
>Golems > Birds > Gerbils > The Rest
>Pikachu is great and has earned its mascot status and general pandering
>Raichu is a much worse design and deserves its relative obscurity (Alola Raichu is better)
>Lillie is okay
>Cutscenes are fine if they aren't giga long and set right before something you're going to want to reset on a bunch
>I nickname every Pokemon I catch even if I never intend to use it
>The gen 4 cross-gen evos were fine and virtually all were an improvement on the aesthetics of what they evolved from
>Cynthia is Game Freak's Lightning. She's okay but seriously overbooked and generally overrated.
>Nothing really wrong with Lucario. It's much better than Zoroark, certainly
>The Physical/Special split was really badly implemented and screwed over a lot of my favorite Pokemon
>Hey You Pikachu was fucking fun and I hope future iterations of Amie start to become closer to it in functionality
>Pokemon Ranger is meh at best
>>
>>33152696
Nah. Like my Water starters.
>>
Lillie is the best thing to have happened to pokemon since Bianca
>>
>>33152647
>>33152722
>getting triggered and assuming bait in an unpopular opinions thread
>>
File: A-lo-la.jpg (187KB, 900x1009px)
A-lo-la.jpg
187KB, 900x1009px
I like the male protagonists.
>>
>>33153019
unpopular opinions threads are just places for faggots like you to go seeking a hugbox for their unreasonably shitty opinion, or for shitposters who just want a place to unload. Honestly, these threads are some of the worst types of threads on this boards, below cringe threads but right above fur threads.
>>
>>33152786
>Sorry lad, it's true
Sure, if it is written on the internet it must be true.
>>33153019
Anyone can write any shit they want here. And anyone can make baits, anon.
>>
>>33152696
Do you not know what an opinion is? I never said Gen 4 was bad, I said it was my least favorite. I don't think there's a single bad main series pokemon game. Shitposting's not my style and I don't recall an instance of me finding it funny. We share some opinions, we don't share others. Simple.
>>
7>3>4>1>6>2>=5
>>
>>33153396
>I don't think there's a single bad main series pokemon game.
DP exist.
>>
>>33153409
It's flawed, believe you me I'm aware, but I can still enjoy my time playing it. It just means I'm least likely to pick it up again compared to other games. It's not irredeemable dogshit.
>>
>>33152635
Some of those opinions aren't even unpopular, they're just simply wrong.
>>
I love the Lake Trio just the way it is, designs included.
>>
>>33145309
"Edgy" fangames like Reborn and Clover are the best kind.
The ones that try to feel official are boring & forgettable. Like, I can't remember a single thing about Uranium or Solar Light, not even the fakemon.

I think people who use "edgy" as a criticism are just unintelligent, but that's not a Pokemon opinion.
>>
I don't like following Pokémon. At all.

Sage had the right idea making it optional.
>>
Bulbasaur is the best Kanto starter IMO
>>
>>33156981
>bumping this garbage thread
>>
>>33145309
this doesn't even seem really edgy to me, and I'm a pretty huge eeveetard

the line in general is pretty simple and "boring" design-wise and obviously not the strongest choice in most cases, combined with its popularity egging on contrarianism it's not really hard to see why a lot of people don't like it

at the same time though, it's the boringness that appeals to me the most
>>
>>33145309
Same
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.