[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psssssst..../vp/ Mega Evolutions > Z-Moves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1028.png (43KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1028.png
43KB, 250x141px
Psssssst..../vp/ Mega Evolutions > Z-Moves
>>
>>33143809
Well obviously.
>>
>>33143809
Duh?
>>
>>33143809
>rest of the battle stat boost > one turn nuke
no shit
>>
>>33143809
I don't think either were particularly a good addition to the metagame, but wanting your favourite Pokémon to get a Mega was amazing for hyping up the Gen 6 games.
I don't think anybody really cares if their favourite Pokémon gets an exclusive Z-Move.
>>
I like both. They add a nice touch of flavor to battles. My only wish is that they kept the pose the trainer would make when activating Mega Evolution.
>>
>>33143809
I agree
>>
>>33143809
Megaevos are certainly more interesting. But they are both terrible.
>>
>>33144060
while it wasn't a unique z-move per se, z-conversion was pretty hype for my bro porygon-z
>>
>>33144060
Gotta agree here.

I think adding Z-Moves so soon after Megas was the biggest mistake of all.
>>
LIZARDON
>>
>>33143809
I waited so long for my favorite pokemon to get an evolution and the stat boost it deserves only to get a fucking piece of shit temporary bullshit, I've never felt so disappointed in my life, fuck mega evolutions, they ruined the only chance of my fav mon to get a proper evolution
>>33144060
>metagame
stopped reading there
>>
>>33143809
Psssssst....both are cancer
>>
>>33143809
Elemental gems > Z-moves

I fucking miss them the removal of them is bullshit and we all know GF only did that so they could "surprise" us with z-moves, which are in essence the same thing instead of making a new fun gimmick.
>>
>>33144301
>>33144301
Who is it?
>>
>>33144301
Why would you want your favorite Pokemon to be turned into a different Pokemon, permanently?
>>
File: sableyee.jpg (1MB, 1280x911px) Image search: [Google]
sableyee.jpg
1MB, 1280x911px
>>33144301
>>33144301
>they ruined the only chance of my fav mon to get a proper evolution
I'm not as mad, but I agree
>>
>>33144409
But Sableye is perfection and so is its mega. What, you want it to turn into some big dumb ogre?
>>
>>33144350
Z Moves create Z status moves, elemental gems were just an uninspired rehash of type boosters.

Megas > Z-moves > Boosters > Gems
>>
File: 1316323771010.png (8KB, 142x99px) Image search: [Google]
1316323771010.png
8KB, 142x99px
>>33143809
I like both

Wish Z moves had more variety though, and physical/special versions
>>
>>33143809
Z-moves did suck tremendous ass
>>
>>33144431
Gems opened up opportunities to run fun sets with unburden, boosted moves like acrobatics, let you use draco meteor + U-turn on hydreigon and could be used more than once in a battle if you had more than one mon holding a gem. Z-moves are just glorified gems, and removing gems all together was retarded.
>>
>>33143809
BURASTO BAAN
>>
File: sableye-evos2.png (289KB, 700x530px) Image search: [Google]
sableye-evos2.png
289KB, 700x530px
>>33144424
>>
>>33144707
Z-Moves are a lot stronger than Gems were in Gen 5, you can use them in conjunction with high powered moves with severe drawbacks (stat drops, low accuracy, recharge turn, etc) to not only get more power, but do so on mons without more reliable alternatives that could use a particular type coverage. And that's not getting into everything status Z-Moves can do.
Overall it's completely bullshit and broken mechanic that ruins Gen 7 meta and should've never existed. Some megas are bullshit levels of broken, but most are pretty fun powerups.
>>
>>33144409
eviolite already ruined the chance of future evolution
>>
>>33144821
I agree, I wasn't saying gems were more powerful than z-moves, I was saying GF could have made a different gimmick instead of making gem 2.0,
>>
>>33144362
Banette, Absol, Houndoom, they all had the possibility to evolve once more but they decided to give them temporary boosts instead, it is impossible to get access to those stat boosts because only one evolution per battle
>>33144382
An evolution offers a stat boost, a mega evo offers a temporary one that also prevents you from giving your mon any item other than a mega stone
>>33144409
That was a rushed mega desu, they could have let him evolve and then give him a mega later in another gen, its stats are terrible
>>
>>33143809
Mega Evolution shouldn't even exit desu.
>>
>>33143809
Dumb GF should'be made z-moves in gen 6th and megas in seventh. That way, z-moves would feel like a natural progression from type gems. They fucked up.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.