[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your opinion, do you think GF/TPC are intentionally trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

In your opinion, do you think GF/TPC are intentionally trying to keep people away from USUM. If so, why?
>>
Idk but next 2 weeks I'm we're getting info with rockruff
>>
They are evaluating marketing strategies. Too much vs Anxeity
>>
I think that these games, being third versions, just don't have enough new content to sustain a long-term hype train. Gamefreak knows this, so they're procrastinating as long as possible on giving us information. That way, it seems like a lot more because it's condensed within a few months.
>>
>>33140445
I don't even think there's new alolan forms at this point
>>
>>33140445
GF is doing unusual things though. Like using only Sun & Moon in VGC 2018 and announcing Pokemon Switch a week after USUM's announcement.
>>
>>33140463
No shit... VGC 2018 would be forced to use USUM if we had new Megas or Alolan Forms.
>>
>>33140412
Best case scenario, USUM has a shitton of content and TPC is purposely holding out information, but considering how Gamefreak has been for 4 years, I very much doubt it. Damn my hopefullness, gonna be my downfall one of these days
>>
File: 1439746220357.jpg (41KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1439746220357.jpg
41KB, 500x281px
>>33140463
>>33140467
>when Gamefreak said retelling, they literally meant just a retelling
>>
>>33140412
Because it's negative reception
>>
>>33140412
I rather think of it as they're avoiding leaks and holding on to the information to hand it on the last few months.
It's a third version so I don't expect a lot of new additions other than a couple of new areas, MAYBE a form or two other than the legendaries' and the seemingly visual upgrade.

as per VGC, doesn't the point gathering start in September?
Have they ever changed the usage game from the pre-tournaments to the VGC? Not much into competitive play here
>>
>>33140463
Oh there will be, thats their only hope to generate some decent sales

Besides Alola forms are one of gen 7 signature features and this game is in ALOLA and most likely a final Alola game for a least over a decade.
>>
>>33140465
>announcing Pokemon Switch a week after USUM's announcement.
That's just a thing Nintendo does to push more systems. In 2011, they had Sakurai walk on stage and mention Smash Bros would be coming to the WiiU, but we didn't hear anything else about it for two years. It could be years before we actually see the Switch games.
>>
>>33140996
Except they're expecting it to be next year.

Positions are set to possible end around Spring and they put up as part of their financials that it would be 2018 or later. If they thought it couldn't be 2018 then they would've just listed it as basically TBA like other titles.
>>
>>33140412
Because they want to give Pokkén DX time in the sun. The Direct that announced it proves that by giving is a couple minutes of Pokkén and less than half a minute on US/UM.

Also hopefully because there is actually still a Switch port which they don't want to announce before Pokkén DX.
>>
>>33140467
It almost certainly will. Do you people think at all or have any concept of how it's gone down in the past? The next year of VGC starts right after worlds meaning VGC 2017 started on OR/AS you numpty. Did S/M have no new Pokémon etc. just because of that?

They'll update it after it releases and people have time to actually get used to them. You do remember last year when people complained to death about the European tourney requiring S/M two weeks after release, don't you? Do you think they didn't hear that and that ANYONE would think requiring US/UM on motherfucking RELEASE DAY would be idea? I certainly fucking hope not because then I'd have to assume I'm responding to a somehow coherent comment accidentally left by someone wiping your drool from the keyboard.
>>
>>33140485
they never said retelling, they just said alternate story
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.