[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masuda on why Pokemon games are easier. Oras interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_1427.png (278KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1427.png
278KB, 750x1334px
They don't give a fuck about fans feedback. If people want change then effect their pockets

I'm not buying Ultra sun and moon
>>
File: what did he mean by this.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
what did he mean by this.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>33130771
>If people want change then effect their pockets
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>33130771
And you know what's a super easy fix that pleases everyone and gives Nintendo more money?

Post-game facilities like Battle Frontier and PWT get their own game on consoles. Make it something like $20. You can buy items and tutor moves and shit.

That way die-hard fans get all the bonuses of a 3rd version, casuals get their easy game on the handhelds, and everyone has fun.
>>
File: it's fucking nothing.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
it's fucking nothing.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>33130771
>the same interview we've been talking about for years now
Wow OP you really hit it out of the park with this one
>>
>>33130793
I'd love for them to go back to Stadium/BR stuff on consoles.
>>
>>33130771
So GF actually has this retarded way of thinking? I prefer to believe they're lazy.
>>
>>33130771
Personally, even though I actually did enjoy SM, I was so burned by ORAS, that I'm still just going to pirate USM, I'll buy it after if I like it atleast as much as Emerald or Platinum. I'll buy both if I like it as much as B2W2. If they have an online frontier like Platinum did, I'll even by a N2DSXL in case my current 3DS ever gets banned.
>>
>>33130793
>20 bucks for the battle facilities only
Get right the fuck out of here with that
>>
Nothing is easier than Red and Blue.
>>
>>33130824
Your mom is.
>>
>>33130840
Not rekt
Rekt
Really Rekt
Tyrannosaurus Rekt
Cash4Rekt.com
Grapes of Rekt
Ship Rekt
Rekt markes the spot
Caught rekt handed
The Rekt Side Story
Singin' In The Rekt
Painting The Roses Rekt
Rekt Van Winkle
Parks and Rekt
Lord of the Rekts: The Reking of the King
Star Trekt
The Rekt Prince of Bel-Air
A Game of Rekt
Rektflix
Rekt it like it's hot
RektBox 360
The Rekt-men
School Of Rekt
I am Fire, I am Rekt
Rekt and Roll
Professor Rekt
Catcher in the Rekt
Rekt-22
Harry Potter: The Half-Rekt Prince
Great Rektspectations
Paper Scissors Rekt
RektCraft
Grand Rekt Auto V
Call of Rekt: Modern Reking 2
Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Rekt
Rekt It Ralph
Left 4 Rekt
www.rekkit.com
Pokemon: Fire Rekt
The Shawshank Rektemption
The Rektfather
The Rekt Knight
Fiddler on the Rekt
The Rekt Files
The Good, the Bad, and The Rekt
Forrekt Gump
The Silence of the Rekts
The Green Rekt
Gladirekt
Spirekted Away
Terminator 2: Rektment Day
The Rekt Knight Rises
The Rekt King
REKT-E
Citizen Rekt
Requiem for a Rekt
REKT TO REKT ass to ass
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Rekt
Braverekt
Batrekt Begins
2001: A Rekt Odyssey
The Wolf of Rekt Street
Rekt's Labyrinth
12 Years a Rekt
Gravirekt
Finding Rekt
The Arekters
There Will Be Rekt
Christopher Rektellston
Hachi: A Rekt Tale
The Rekt Ultimatum
Shrekt
Rektal Exam
Rektium for a Dream
www.Trekt.tv
Erektile Dysfunction
>>
>>33130824
You think RBY were hard because you played as child and you didn't know how to play the damn game. Now, you know how to play, the resistances, weakness, etc.
Back in time I clear the Rock Tunnel without Flash because I didn't know I could use it.
>>
File: why.png (128KB, 301x252px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
128KB, 301x252px
>>33130862
This is the /vp/ we chose
>>
>>33130873
It wasn't hard when I was a child, either. All the games are easy as fuck, but nothing tops Red and Blue in easiness. Maybe GSC.

>not always going through Rock Tunnel without Flash to save time

>>33130862
>no check boxes

Apply yourself.
>>
>>33130771
Look at the sales, nigga. /vp/ does not reflect the entire playerbase.
>>
>>33130771
>I'm not buying Ultra sun and moon
Oh no. One person out of a million said they won't buy USUM. Whatever shall we do. We've lost millions.

Also, charge your phone, you fuck.
>>
>>33130824
I'd say XY and RS could give them a run for their money provided you're not soloing them all.
>>
>>33130824
They required a lot of grinding though and that didn't give you the freedom to change your team often.
>>
>>33130771
even the longest pokemon game doesn't take more than 30 hours to beat the e4, even if you aren't good

and it still takes just as long to breed/train to lv100/battle tower sht
>>
Oh no, someone that isn't you is doing something you don't want them to do. Good luck getting over it. I'll be over here playing Ultra Sun and Moon.
>>
>>33130771
>I'm not buying Ultra sun and moon

I'll buy an extra copy to make up for you.
>>
Maybe it's because I play every game monotype bug, but I feel like the difficulty is fine.

For people that constantly whine about the games being too easy, you do turn off exp share, right? You do set battle style to "set" right? You don't actually use consumable items in battle, right?
>>
>>33130771
>If people want change then effect their pockets
So I shall.

I'm buying USM because ORAS was and is the best game in the franchise.
>>
>>33130771
This is why I moved on to romhacks. Fuck Gamefreak.
>>
>>33131446
What!?
>>
>>33130873
Or most of the difficulty came from the game not telling you how the hell to play. I didn't know anyone who actually knew what the hell the special stat did during gen 1. Even the instruction booklet just explains it as "A Pokemon's special power".
>>
File: damn he got me.jpg (6KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
damn he got me.jpg
6KB, 224x225px
>>33131446
>>
He's right that kids have shorter attention spans due to greater availability of entertainment.

But Pokémon isn't competing with free apps on your phone. It costs $40 and you have to have a specific $200 device for it. A kid gets a 3DS specifically to get games that they can play for a long time, if they just liked shitty free phone games they would just play those instead of paying hundreds for dedicated game devices.

That's what these idiots don't get. If your game is 40 times more expensive than a phone game, why doesn't it have 40 times more content? Why is it there are still shitty ad supported games on the Android Market that seem to have higher production values despite having significantly smaller dev teams and budgets?

If a kid is going to get bored after five minutes they're going to do so whether it's difficult or not. Their goal should be on offering a better experience than a $1 game, not a comparable one.

Fuck Masuda, fuck Game Freak, and fuck TPC. It's not even a greed thing, at least that would make some sense, this is just sheer stupidity.
>>
>>33131446
Mindless drones like you are responsible for this franchise's decline.
>>
>>33130771
>Make the games easier because you have no faith in your game keeping people hooked
>he said this at the same time that Darksouls, a game known for keeping people hooked by it's challenging gameplay was really popular
Masuda is a hack, everyone knows this.
then again, if i want the game to be more challenging i can always just patch the game with one of the mods that there are out there.
>>
>>33131286
Meh its been a while but its not that grindy. I may be biased because im the kind of player who fights every trainer, but still. I found switching out pokemon was easy, but to be fair how often do you want to change out your pokemon nowadays? I know where to catch everything so preplanning my teams isnt hard.
>>
>>33131774
Funny enough, the kind of things Masuda said are the same kind of things Aonuma said in response to complaints about Skyward Sword's handholding.

Then Breath of the Wild suddenly takes massive amounts of inspiration from games like Dark Souls and Skyrim.

Maybe Aonuma finally noticed that while Skyward Sword's sales dropped like a rock in the months after release, somehow Dark Souls and Skyrim have continued to sell well years after release.

But I highly doubt anything similar will come from Pokémon, considering in spite of everything Pokémon games continue outselling almost everything on their console for years.
>>
Why the hell do you encourage the children to die in most battles and grind endlessly to beat a single Gym leader?
>>
>>33130862
how can people possibly say this isn't the most underage board when posts like this exist
>>
>>33130771
>so making it a little easier to play is the reason of that.
I understand that they want to make the games easy, but they surpassed the limit of making them easy and now they are boring. What's more, even the worst Kirby game (Squeak Squad) is more insteresting than Gen 6 and 7.
>>
Just hack your 3ds and download a difficulty hack, it's as simple as that
>>
>>33130793
Did you not learn from the flop that is Pokemon Battle Revolution?
>>
>ORAS interview
SM made more of an effort to increase the difficulty compared to gen 6. Totem battles and some later fights are somewhat challenging, and the exp system doesn't let you steamroll everything with the exp share. Pokemon was never a hard game, SM is at least on par with the rest of the series.
>>
>>33133677
This, SM was the first game since BW were I struggled with certain fights like Totem Mimikyu, or litterally all the post game fights with Anabel, Red/Blue and Dexio.
>>
>>33133677
>SM is at least on par with the rest of the series.
I'd say they're on the harder end of the spectrum. I didn't use the CasualShare or grind and ended up more than a dozen levels underleveled for the Kuikui fight. I had to soft-reset a few times. The fight became a lot easier when I figured out I had a couple of spare Sitrus Berries, though, so maybe I was just under-prepared.
>>
>>33130817
>He liked the shitshow that was SM
>But not ORAS despite it being less shit
Get your priorities straight.
>>
>>33130983
>he thinks sales are indicative of quality
Oh you young, innocent one. How wrong can you be.
>>
>>33134191
>Thinks he was talking about quality
>>
>>33133277
>not realising it's a pasta
>>
File: hehlucina.png (76KB, 203x289px) Image search: [Google]
hehlucina.png
76KB, 203x289px
>>33134182
>Implying that SM is worse than ORAS
No anon, you are just wrong
>>
>>33131774
it's almost like Dark Souls and Pokemon have two completely different target audiences
>>
>>33130771
>Masuda saying pokemon is for causuals
Yes vp your game is for idiots, pokemon always was easy
>>
so since Ohmori is taking over, do we have any interviews about his views on difficulty/game design as a whole?
>>
>>33134182
>>33134244
both of you, explain your opinions
>>
>>33131845
That's because Pokemon is more like Dark Souls than it is like Skyward Sword
>>
>>33131641
This guy is speaking the truth
>>
File: IMG_1655.jpg (123KB, 1020x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1655.jpg
123KB, 1020x749px
>>33130771
Charge the phone for fucks saké. Also, masuda must really hate having a game that is lengthy and actually hard and feels like a reward to finish
>>
>>33134244
SM IS worse than ORAS.

ORAS is a disappointing game but I can't really say is a genuine bad game unlike SM
>>
File: IMG_0065.gif (4MB, 379x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0065.gif
4MB, 379x356px
>>33135847
ORAS at least was a """good""" game with some shitty postgame and no battle frontier, but SM deserves its hate because we expected so much and got so little. The game is empty and has no soul, even when it emulated hawaii
>>
>SM hating autist still making these threads
>SM are the best in the series, and selling crazy well even still, despite USUM coming
Can't say much beyond this just being so sad.
>>
>>33135918
>SM are the best in the series, and selling crazy well even still, despite USUM coming
Sun & Moon fucking sucked, worst mainline games in the franchise.
>>
>>33135856
I knew this game would ve shit as soon they announced it for 3DS, then from there it went on a downgrade spiral of shitty announcements after another.

I really gave it a try and went unbiased but that game is just plain bad, ORAS ws disappointing but not a bad game at all.
>>
>>33135921
X/Y is a lot worse. Don't even debate it. S/M has a terrible story but the previous game sucked kantos dick as if it were air
>>
>>33135981
I just wanted a new game and I was excited when the leaks came. Turns out the game is barebones once you finish it and there's little to do. Even challenging yourself is a chore because you have to sit through a hour long intro that doesn't need to happen. I'd rather hear c-di link tell me the intro then blank static. At least it's something
>>
>>33134302
you're missing the point
>>
>>33131400
>i have to impose shitty rules to make a game hard
>>
>>33136093
>I have to play the game normally and feel unchallenged to have fun
>>
>>33130771
Masuda is a moron, what else is new?

Replacement when????
>>
>>33130771
Shit, you're not buying USUM? That'll make Nintendo disregard the other hundreds of thousands of buyers.
>>
>>33131774
Dark Souls also has a literal 0 difficulty option though. Even Pokemon doesn't. And that option is one of the selling point of the series.
>>
>>33135987
X and y were better
>>
>>33130862
The fact that someone actually had to type this and then someone else has it saved
>>
>>33134191
>mention sales
>"HURR SALES =/= QUALITY"
Good thing that wasn't an argument I made, huh, you scumbag?!
>>
>>33136125
Just wait and see the sales of usm
>>
>>33137770
I'm sure it'll flop just like ORAS, right?
>>
>>33137795
Oras was a remake normies and people wanted

Nowhere have I seen people caring about usm
>>
>>33134453
The infamous Italian interview had both Masuda and Ohmori give their very similar views.
>>
>>33135829
Indeed, though I wouldn't say outright fuck them for it.

They just need to get Masuda and Ohmori the fuck away from producing/directing. Start using the guys who did the ones like Emerald, Platinum, and HG/SS instead.

These two are running it into the ground.
>>
>>33137885
Neither of them directing usm most likely. So usm flopping would prove they are needed
>>
>>33131286
No they don't. With the stat boots given to you from the badges, most of the pokemon only having their level up movepools and the AI being extremely primitive, grinding is completely unnessesary. I did a recent playthrough where I used no items in battle, and i stomped everything in my path, even when Champion Blue had a whole 16 level advantage over me.
>>
>>33131845
I like to think of a world where a mainline game actually receives a low amount of sales
>inb4BW
like the first of a generation or remake selling below 6 million
>>
>>33131641
This. I'm just damn sad that there's even a debate for the removal of optional content.
>>
>>33130771
>effect
Kys
>>
>>33137826
no one cares about USUM cause there has been nothing shown for people to care about. All we got is some extra polygons on route 1, a better camera angle, two new Totem battles that will be easy as fug, and Armored Solgaleo/Lunala with no stats nor ability conformation.
>>
>>33130793
m8...
>>
>>33136106
you do know ohmori is taking over right? Masuda said so in an interview, that he wants someone else to take over as main director like he once took over.
>>
>>33130771
In every single screen cap thread, battery below 10%
I'm sure there is a conspiracy but i don't know why.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.