[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I Choose You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon checklist.png (31KB, 1796x791px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon checklist.png
31KB, 1796x791px
Wouldn't it be possible to have a pokemon game that lets you choose which pokemon you want in your game?
>>
>>33129823
This is bait
>>
>>33129864
naw man, I'm curious. May have to change some text around in the game, but that's all I can think that would be difficult.
>>
>>33129823
PK3ds. Btw you have a terrible taste
>>
File: bruh.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>33129891
>naw man, I'm curious
So is that "Garbage" really necessary?
>>
The randomizer for old DS Pokemon roms has that option, if you want a little nostalgia
>>
>>33129823
The point is you catch the ones you want, essentially the same thing. Imagine having to rework every gym and npc trainer team for these choices
>>
>>33129823
Yeah it's called replay the old games faggot.
>>
>>33129891
So you don't think redesigning every trainer for every possible combination wouldn't be difficult?
>>
>>33130100
why would you have to redesign the trainer? Just what he says. Instead of "I've been training my Spoinktocus" change to "I've been training my Dugtrio" Make the pokemon plug and play for each trainer and wild encounter.
>>
>>33130171
The question was "Wouldn't it be possible to have a Pokemon game that lets you choose which pokemon you want in your game?"
If you select only gen 1, but a trainer was going to use a Heracross, then the trainer would have to be redesigned to use Pinsir instead, for example, as the trainer is in your game.
>>
>>33129981
I'd expect that from a 12 year old, just as you'd expect this from someone who grew up with the first gen.
>>
>>33130196
If the pixels from the pokemon overlap the trainer then yes.
>>
>>33129823

Not the way you mean it, but now that you mention it, it could be interesting if in order to add a certain complexity to the storyline, you could make choices that would affect which Pokemon you find in the game.

For example, siding with a certain faction in the game and doing sidequests for them would give you access to certain pokemon. Let's say you could pick a profession, like researcher, biologist, ranger, etc. Each would give you access to different pokemon as you level them (Porygon, Tropius, Tauros from those I mentioned for example).

One can dream, but Gamefreak isn't good enough to do something that complex.
>>
>>33130209
You seem to be confusing "redesigning the trainer's team" with "redesigning the trainers look"
>>
*cherrypicks behind u*
nuffin personnel newgenner
>>
>>33129823
That pic says that gen 1 Pokémon are 6 times garbage.
>>
>>33131209
>Let's say you could pick a profession, like researcher, biologist, ranger, etc. Each would give you access to different pokemon as you level them (Porygon, Tropius, Tauros from those I mentioned for example).

I invariably hate the "you should be able to join the evil team" ideas, but a lower-key thing like this actually sounds pretty cool.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.