[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>can only save at PCs What was Genius Sonority thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Colosseum_EN_boxart[1].png (928KB, 800x1119px) Image search: [Google]
Colosseum_EN_boxart[1].png
928KB, 800x1119px
>can only save at PCs

What was Genius Sonority thinking?
>>
More than Game Freak
>>
>>33128748
>No wild grass to catch Pokemon in
>No gyms
>extremely limited amount of Pokemon to catch
>Pokemon don't evolve until a certain point in the game
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>33128766
Hey it was more revolutionary than all the Pokémon games that followed it. Now if only they allowed you to go full edge lord and steal any Pokémon you want then it's be great.
>>
>WAAAAH WHY CAN'T I SAVESCUM RIGHT BEFORE THIS BOSS ;_;
>>
>>33128748
still 10237823908732 times better than every game by game freak.
>>
>>33128748
A lot of RPG only allow you to save at designated spots. There's some kind of balance behind it.
>>
>>33128748
>What was Genius Sonority thinking?
That it was a terrible idea, because it was fixed in the sequel, wasn't it?
>>
lots of RPG's limit where you can save for difficulty reasons
for example, try playing any version of FF1 before the GBA version. You can't save inside dungeons. In the GBA version though, you can, and the game becomes way too easy
>>
>>33128748
Common feature for JRPGs desu desu
>>
>>33128766
>>No wild grass to catch Pokemon in
Not a big deal considering how the gameplay actually works.
>>No gyms
>DUDE NEVER DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT LMAO
It's a story driven game, go play the mainline games if you want the same shit over and over again.
>>extremely limited amount of Pokemon to catch
This is a good thing. It makes it to where you have to actually use Pokemon you normally don't use because they're not as good as many others (unless you're a fag who uses Espeon, Umbreon, and the legendary trio)
>>Pokemon don't evolve until a certain point in the game
Now you're just crying over nothing. You gain access to leveling and evolutions after the third town.
>>
>>33128748
>>33128766
They are fucking awful. I forced myself to finish Colosseum but it easily was the least interesting experience I had with a Pokemon game, excluding some of the really bad spin off.

6/10 at best.
>>
>>33130135
>fucking awful
>gives it a 6/10
I don't think you know how ratings work.
>>
>>33130150
Awful because of how much content they lack compared to any other Pokemon game as well as how slow, tedious and boring they are (see >>33128766 but I could go on). At the end of the day they are still passable RPGs.
>>
>>33130175
I should also add that they are passable RPGs ONLY because of the mechanics they straight up took from the main line games.
>>
File: 1486940087116.jpg (366KB, 800x746px) Image search: [Google]
1486940087116.jpg
366KB, 800x746px
I still think Colosseum/GoD are the best side-games for taking the core series gameplay and trying to do something different with it.
>>
>>33130130
>dude here's why everything bad is good lmao
>>
>>33130262
>GoD
kill yourself
>>
>>33130175
>slow, tedious and boring
I take it you hate DPPt and HGSS as well then.
>>
>>33130284
xD
>>
>>33130285
I hate how slow D/P are especially, yes. Colosseum is still worse in that regard, considering it's 100% double battles.
>>
I wouldn't mind a remake with newer-gen Pokemon, more Pokemon to snag/catch, and some of XD's improvements like the wider variety of Shadow moves, and something like the Purify Chamber
>>
>>33128748
So Pokemon is your only RPG huh?
>>
no,.
>>
>>33128766
>No gyms
And this was a bad thing? It was a unique experience, having gyms would just deter from the atmosphere and cemented the fact you were playing as a trainer with a different goal in mind instead of the usual copy and paste plot. No wild Pokemon actually adds to this, the only thing you're concerned about is taking down Team Cipher and purifying any Pokemon that has fallen victim to their scheme. Completing a dex or beating a league is meaningless to you.
>>
>>33132264
get the fuck out of here you little prick. don't reply to my posts ever again, got that?
>>
>>33132266
Sorry for your autism.
>>
File: 1490915546287.gif (2MB, 456x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490915546287.gif
2MB, 456x240px
Limiting where the player can save was a great idea. Nobody uses the save feature in Pokémon for anything but savescumming anyway, which I can understand for dice rolls like catching legendary Pokémon, but for battles? It's cheap as fuck, and stops the games from creating any difficult scenarios with the knowledge that the player can just pussy out at any time and suffer no consequence.

Food for thought; how would a Pokémon game that autosaves after every decision play out? One that, if you quit in the middle of a battle or some other PvE event, would count as a forfeit? You'd have to rewrite how the game handles game overs a little bit, maybe. It'd be very strange loading back up in a Pokémon Center after previously being in a fight up in the mountains or something, but I feel like it's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>33128766
It's still better than S/M.
>>
>>33130276
>dude im wrong but too upset to admit it
>>
File: 874.png (125KB, 400x428px) Image search: [Google]
874.png
125KB, 400x428px
>>33130130
>less content is better
>>
>>33134490
>a different direction in a non-core spin off game is bad because it's not the same as a core title
>>
>>33134512
>Different = less
>Garbage gameplay is fine as long as its new
>>
>>33128748
Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were my favorite games to date. They forced you to use mons you wouldn't normally ever use, mons were given more supporting moves, and the main focus was double battling so there was actual strategy involved.

The hate that the games received were totally undeserved.
>>
>>33134556
>garbage
it wasn't, though?
>>
>>33130130
Said third town is like halfway through the game. Colosseum's actually real small
>>
>>33136291

Unlike XD where you become able to purify your Pokemon almost instantly
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.