[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Pokemon game in your opinion has the best interface?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon-x-y-battle-menu.jpg (110KB, 730x500px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-x-y-battle-menu.jpg
110KB, 730x500px
Which Pokemon game in your opinion has the best interface?
>>
>>33128012
XY actually. Cool, classy and customizable
>>
>>33128012
gen 6, followed closely by gen 4, honestly
>>
>>33128012
Gen 5
>>
gen 6, omega ruby and alpha sapphire. I think it's the most badass.
>>
>>33128012
BW/BW2's UI is the best looking, but Gen 6's UI performs the best
>>
>>33128012
HGSS and BW2. I love the sleek look of Gen 5 and the Free Space bag, and I loved a fully touchscreen interface

Also miss the slider at the side of long to scroll sections, rather than the drag and drop nonsense of Gen 6
>>
Shadows of Almia
>>
I like the XY one the most, because it and ORAS have the most responsive menus with the best input feedback, and it looks a little bit better than the ORAS one in my opinion.

SM's is the best if we're talking pure aesthetics, and there's some good functionality in a lot of it, but every menu in SM feels very laggy to the point that it drags the whole thing back.
>>
File: pokemon3-1273726360.jpg (67KB, 376x280px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon3-1273726360.jpg
67KB, 376x280px
>>
6 or 7, honorary being 5.
>>
It would be 5 but I hate the sounds it makes. Probably 7.
>>
>>33128027
This, I liked actually being able to change it even if the setting was hidden away and most people probably didn't use it.
>>
>>33128250
What were they thinking with Gen 5 sounds
>>
>>33128012
For battles, SM, for overworld, either HG/SS or OR/AS.
>>
>>33128199
>HGSS
>can't use the L and R buttons to navigate boxes

What did Game Freak mean by this?
>>
>>33128262
>Setting
>hidden away

>in the settings menu
>>
>>33128012
Gen 7 for battles by a landslide. Being able to look at a move's information easily, as well as monitor things like stat changes, is a huge improvement and is a feature that is way overdue.
>>
>>33128431
You could always check a move's info since I think even DP with L+A assuming L=A wasn't enabled.
>>
>>33128012
HGSS for overworld

XY for battle
>>
>>33128027
This. I hate the vertical moveset layout, and said moves being shoved off to the side just to make room for a dumb giant Z-Move button.
>>
>>33128447
The only possible way for a vertical setup to work was if it was only on one screen. There's an edit made for how SM battles would look like on the switch and it works surpisingly well.
Of course we all know gen 7 won't be on the switch so it'll just stay as annoying as ever.
>>
>>33128447
I love it. Never liked the four corner layout.
>>
They are all shit. Now that the series is moving to switch, there is almost no chance that we will have a monster hunter style panel customization feature for the bottom screen, where you can mix and match panels of different sizes and functions. Maybe one large panel for a map if that's your thing, a PSS style panel for online players, a party status screen, a panel that permanently displays bag items that can be instantly selected with a touch, etc.

Is there a single switch screen that supports Wii U style dual displays with menus on the touch screen and gameplay on the TV? If not, I'm mad this will never be a reality
>>
>>33128685
Why not? You can reach any of the four moves with Right/Down/Right+Down. One quick motion of your thumb and you're picking your fourth move. This is opposed to tapping Down once/twice/hitting up. You can't pick quite as fast. It's a minor gripe, but even a tiny bit slower is still slower. The Z-move button doesn't have to be bigger than your actual moves all put together.
>>
XY simply because of the invention of the PSS.
>>
>>33128698

*single switch game
>>
>>33128698
>Is there a single switch screen that supports Wii U style dual displays with menus on the touch screen and gameplay on the TV? If not, I'm mad this will never be a reality
Don't you need to dock it for it to appear on the TV?
>>
>>33128012
DPPt
>>
>>33128713
It's all readily available to your thumbs through the touch screen either way, one press. Hell the Z/Mega button is in a better spot than in XY/ORAS.

It's mostly just because I like the look of it more, though.
>>
>>33128765
The attack buttons are still smaller than gen 4/5/6's, making it just a bit more likely that a misclick could happen. I just don't see why the Z button has to be so huge.
>>
>>33128012
XY/ORAS. They were simple and functional. The vertical layout in SM makes it a bit more likely that I'll misclick and choose a move I didn't want.
>>
>gen 6 actually wins at something
yay?
>>
>>33128430
No one mentions it in game, no one really changes the settings for Pokemon
>>
>>33129434
>people need to be handheld for finding fucking menu settings now
>>
>>33128012
BW1 by far
BW2 made changes for sake of making changes, XY got close but wasn't quite there with too many messy colors everywhere (understandable because we're talking about a kids game after all), ORAS and SM again made unneeded changes just to be different and it's just a mess
>>
>>33128441
I don't understand why they don't move it to R. L=A is the best way to play the game, but then they go and remove such a simple addition and ignore a button that would work perfectly for it.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.