[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: Screenshot_20170726-105610.jpg (94KB, 508x472px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170726-105610.jpg
94KB, 508x472px
Why does it seem like fan made Megas and Alolan forms are significantly better than what we got?

>inb4 "you just hate Megas and Alolan forms"

No, I think they could have been fucking amazing all around, but a lot of them turned out like shit. Alolan Persian is plain retarded. Imagine it having more of like a cheetah body, with a large rib cage and sleeker head. Anything would have been better than what we got.
>>
>>33127838
Because the fans are adults making designs that appeal to adults.

The Pokémon Company on the other hand make the designs for children, so having silly designs makes total sense.

Plus Alolan Persian's design is based on the backstory for its type change. git gud.
>>
>>33128054
>logic before aesthetic
Fuck off pleb
>>
File: babylonmastiff.jpg (89KB, 750x645px) Image search: [Google]
babylonmastiff.jpg
89KB, 750x645px
>>33128054
>Plus Alolan Persian's design is based on the backstory for its type change
"Human actions caused a surge in their numbers, and they went feral."Sun Pokedex entry
"The once-rare Alolan Meowth became feral when the monarchy was destroyed, " http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/alolan-meowth/

Here's a example of what happens to a pampered deformed pet after its masters are gone(if they don't go extinct,that is).Babylonia 2000-1600 BCE
>>
File: dscf1502.jpg (144KB, 791x593px) Image search: [Google]
dscf1502.jpg
144KB, 791x593px
>>33128614
Nineveh,circa 645 BCE.
>>33128070
As you can see,even lore was ignored.They just wanted to make a retard looking Persian.
>>
>>33128655
>They just wanted to make a retard looking Persian.
Or the actual evolution of Meowth.
>>
>>33128054
In the same region as Alolan Raichu gaining Psychic powers because "DUDE PANCAKES LMAO?" Not a chance.
>>
File: 510Liepard_Dream.png (39KB, 381x357px) Image search: [Google]
510Liepard_Dream.png
39KB, 381x357px
>>33127838
>Imagine it having more of like a cheetah body, with a large rib cage and sleeker head.
Get fucked. Alola Persian's great. Looks more like Meowth's evo than normal Presian-
>>
>>33127838
>Why does it seem like fan made Megas and Alolan forms are significantly better than what we got?
How about you post some so we can tell you your taste is shit.
>>
>>33127838
Mega evolutions could have been so much more. Instead of handing them out to solid pokemon like tyranitar, garchomp, salamence, etc. (ones who didn't need one) they could've been given to shitmons or pokemon who weren't quite good enough at their niche.

I could give fuck all about alolan forms/gen 7 though.
>>
File: 1497304394718.png (88KB, 540x315px) Image search: [Google]
1497304394718.png
88KB, 540x315px
>>33130063
ok
>>
>>33127838
>I_don't_like_thing__okay.jpeg
>>
File: RN0zZEJ.png (63KB, 1839x1263px) Image search: [Google]
RN0zZEJ.png
63KB, 1839x1263px
>>33130099
>>
>>33130099
Actually that doesn't look half bad.
>>
reminder A-Persian is not fat, but has extremely thick fur
>>
>>33130099
Looks good actually, but not much better than what we got.

>>33130107
Can't say I approve of this one though. Dwebble and Crustle are already hermit crabs. This just looks more boring than the regular ones.
>>
>>33127838
Fanmade Megas and Alola forms are generally for Pokemon that need help some kind of help, or are often neglected or ignored by GF.

GF mostly took popular mons or mons that were already good and gave them Megas. This is why we got two Mega Charizards and two Mega Mewtwos, Mega Garchomp, Mega Metagross, and of course Mega Fug, etc. of course there are exceptions to that, like Glalie and Audino which from what I can tell were neither particularly good nor popular.

They didn't use exclusively good/popular Pokemon for Alola forms which was probably a good move, but limiting themselves to Kanto Pokemon, and not making any major changes stat-wise was probably not the best choice.

Both ideas were just poorly executed by GF, whereas fanmade stuff is being made from the fan's perspective and thus has a better insight to what fans want to see out of Megas or Regional forms.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 220x330px
>>33128614
In case anybody is confused to the breed he's talking about I think I found it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molossus_(dog)
>>
>>33127838
>Why does it seem like fan made Megas and Alolan forms are significantly better than what we got?

You can't say this and not post any example of what you consider better than original designs.
There are many good fanmade megas but there's plenty of complete garbage ones.
>>
>>33130099
Please, you guys would complain all day every day if this was an official design, it would become the new ice cream/trash shitposting.
>>
>>33130172
>has a better insight to what fans want to see out of Megas or Regional forms.
Considering how many people want Mega Flygon to be Bug-type, that isn't always a good thing
>>
Because is japan, just look fakemon by japanese people
>>
>>33130446
Oh fuck you, I'd be ecstatic for a non-Kanto Alolan form.
>>
>>33130446
this is /vp/, /vp/ complains about anything and everything, whether it's good or not
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.