[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I foresee it in our future. It will happen.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Pokemon crossing maybe.jpg (105KB, 600x638px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon crossing maybe.jpg
105KB, 600x638px
I foresee it in our future. It will happen.
>>
>>33127778
I fucking wish.
>>
>>33127778
Nah, tpci are shills
>>
>>33127778
At best the new AC will have a pokemon-looking villager.
>>
>>33127778
I hope they let you marry the villagers
>>
>>33127778
More furry and more deviantart-tier haired/dressed Pokemons. Please no.
>>
>>33127778
Hopefully the next mystery dungeon could have animal crossing/ town sim elements.
>>
>>33127910
haha imagine if they let you have sex with your spouse
>>
>>33127778
I'd enjoy it t bh
>>
>>33127778
Please no. If you want an interactive town full of pokemon, just go play Mystery Dungeon. A pokemon coat of paint over mundane tasks is not fun.
>>
If TPCi didn't want the Pokemon Amiibos to be compatible with AC:NL, I doubt they would do a crossover game
>>
>>33127910
>>33129398
These
>>
>>33127778
they COULD have done it with amiibo support but NO, IT HAD TO BE FUCKING SPLATOON
>>
>>33129876
Says you, normal AC is a successful franchise for a reason.
>>
>>33129876

>PMD being anything like AC
>a crossover shouldn't be made because I personally don't like AC
>>
>>33130235
So is Dynasty Warriors, but that doesn't mean things from other franchises are a perfect fit. What I'm saying is the stuff that makes pokemon, well... pokemon, wouldn't translate to an Animal Crossing-esque slice of life game, see Hey You Pikachu and Pokemon Channel.

>>33130273
>Town of talking creatures.
>Optional dialogue obtained when walking around town and speaking to random folks constantly changes after doing tasks the game wants you to do.
>Various NPCs that offer gameplay-related services.
>Similar levels of personality, depending on how much screentime a given NPC is given by the player.

>4 iterations of PMD towns and 4 Animal Crossing Games, the most recent entry of Mystery Dungeon having multiple towns across continents that all have different residents.

Just because they're different genres doesn't mean they don't have similarities. Animal Crossing's may have some more depth, but that's because it's the main focus there. Even then, AC doesn't have stuff like sidequest characters or mandatory dialogue past the tutorials.
>>
>>33130521

You realize literally every RPG has NPCs you can talk to throughout the game right? You're an idiot.
>>
File: 5ac[1].jpg (42KB, 148x140px) Image search: [Google]
5ac[1].jpg
42KB, 148x140px
>>33130561
AC's main mechanic is interacting with NPCs. Or is this just because you can't do stuff like fish and chop down trees and collect fruit in Mystery Dungeon? Or how the NPCs you get are randomly generated?

Alrighty then, if I'm an idiot, enlighten me. If it's not collecting stuff or talking to NPCs, what's this essential element of AC that Mystery Dungeon's towns can't do. Because you have yet to specify.
>>
>>33130521
I get what you mean, but the simple fact is dungeon crawler =/= interior designer/dress-up simulator, and some people want a pokemon-themed version of the latter. You're ignoring that it's not just the villagers that people like, it's the gameplay.

Honestly for me it would be a day one buy.
>>
>>33129876
>A pokemon coat of paint over mundane tasks is not fun.
I'd play a game of mundane tasks if it had Pokémon. I mean, I did play Hey You, Pikachu!
>>
>>33130644
Town Building
Interior Design
Dress Up
Multiplayer

>>33130521
>see Hey You Pikachu and Pokemon Channel
I liked both of those.
>>
File: IMG_1892.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1892.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>Pokémon Crossing will never be real
ITS NOT FAIR BROS
>>
>>33130194
you shut your whore mouth.
>>
sounds homosex, guess I'm not as much of a hopeless furfag as I thought I was
>>
>>33133038
Fuck off back to /v/, lolicon
>>
>>33127778
>instead of mayor, you're the town's gym leader
>you can build/add new things in your town to attract certain types of pokémon
>you can also build day cares, contest halls, fighting arenas, etc., to attract visiting trainers and pokémon

Maybe even a small class system where you pick from a handful of different npc trainer types?
>>
>>33132084
>>33132153
>>33132276
I would still say the NPCs are the biggest selling point by a decent margin. There's a reason Isabelle eclipses most of the other things from New Leaf. They're different genres, so there will be differences, but there are enough similarities. There are still things like how your house changes depending on your main character in the rescue team games, or placing statues outside of them after certain achievements, or the various friend areas. Is it 1 to 1 or even 2 to 2 if that's a thing? No, but I was never saying they were the same.

It's debatable whether this counts as derailing since it's not Mystery Dungeon, but Trainer Customization and Secret Bases cover similar mechanics, as well.

>I liked both of those/I did play HYP.
Yeah, but the thing is both sold their shallow SIM mechanics with new voice recognition/TV stuff. You lose a lot of appeal if you ditch either of those.
>Multiplayer
This is too broad. If I had a dime for the number of "Why doesn't X have online multiplayer?" statements I've heard, I'd be eating a free lunch.

To me, chopping down a tree and picking up a Pecha Berry instead of a Peach or fishing a Magikarp instead of a Sea Bass sounds more like a DLC reskin than an actual retail game.

Think of it like this. You and your roommate want to go out for dinner. You feel like a BLT Sandwich while your roommate's in the mood for meatloaf. You both decide to have bacon cheeseburgers for dinner as a result. The one who wanted Meatloaf gets ground beef and the one who wanted a BLT gets the three abbreviated ingredients. It's not the same as the dish you had in mind, yet it scratches that itch anyway. The interactions with NPCs in towns in Mystery Dungeon, as well as other mechanics in existing pokemon games, which I can safely say you've played since there's no AC game to draw you in otherwise, scratch a similar itch.

I'm just going to stop here at the risk of walls of text ensuing. If you enjoy it, more power to you.
>>
File: source-turtle-arts.jpg (110KB, 600x905px) Image search: [Google]
source-turtle-arts.jpg
110KB, 600x905px
I wish.
>>
>>33127778
what it should be is a pokémon mystery dungeon game with heavy town management gameplay
>>
>>33135365
Maybe pokémon would benefit more to have a spin off similar to Ever Oasis?

It'd still have the NPC interaction similar to those of AC + zelda-esque puzzle filled dungeons with free-movement battle + town management

I do like the idea of an ACxPokémon game but it is true it'd had to be carefully planned out so it does not feel like a re-skin
>>
>>33135442
>that honchkrow
I never knew I wanted this until now
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.