[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Switch Release Date

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon switch.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon switch.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

>During Nintendo's financial releases today, Nintendo relisted the newly announced Pokémon game for Nintendo Switch. In this listing, it gave a release date for the game, following on from Tsunekazu Ishihara's statement in the Nintendo Showcase at E3. It lists the game as coming out on Nintendo Switch in "2018 or later". No further details were given but none is expected until after Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon is released. We'll provide more as it comes.
>>
Fuck these bastards. Gimmie a date so I can save up for this shit system already

It's like they want people to buy system in 2018 and delay in 2019 and we're stuck with nothing for an Year
>>
>>33125665
Obiously its planned for 2018 but they need to say later in case there might be any delay in production

The fact that they even consider 2018 as an option confirms Gen 7 was meant to be shorter
>>
>>33125676
>Fuck these bastards. Gimmie a date
Uh they're not giving a date because there is none, the game is early in development, they don't know when it's going to be finished
>>
>>33125700
It's probably mid-to-late in development. They have been talking about Pokémon on the nx since September 2015.
>>
>>33125700
It's early development there is no way it's 2018 just say that or TBA.

This is really screws up the anime. These writers have no clue what pace they need to be on. No wonder everything seems rushed now
>>
>>33125700
This. According to the job listings that were posted months ago, the temp workers will be there until Spring 2018. They can't give a firm date for release when the games aren't fucking close to being done and Gen 7 is still in full swing.
>>
>>33125710
GF never said anything about making a Switch game prior to E3.
>>
>>33125714
They talked about global link and Pokemon bank in 2015
>>
>>33125665
Long story short. It's coming out in 2019 but Nintendo refuses to say so to get people to buy Switches next holiday season.
>>
>>33125710
>>33125711
>not early development
>when a new gen released 6 months ago and
have been working on USM this year
no, it's definitely early, if only relatively early
>>
>>33125710
Thirsty normalfags who will be disappointed it's not Pokemon in Skyrim "have been talking about Pokemon on the nx since September 2015"
>>
>>33125718
Can you link what you're talking about? You've definitely misunderstood something because they never said anything concrete about the Switch before they announced the game this year
>>
>>33125719
Yep. They need us to buy it for the holiday season so they can BTFO Sony and Microsoft and show Nintendo is bigger, better, and stronger than ever before. Believe me.

>>33125724
>when a new gen released 6 months ago and
have been working on USM this year
What is the B-Team? What is the C-Team?
>>
File: IMG_1405.png (309KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1405.png
309KB, 750x1334px
>>33125733
NX is switch code name

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/608542/Nintendo-NX-Update-Pokemon-news-Company-new-console-2016-release-date
>>
>>33125735
Any "B team" would be working on USM, but not a main game. The Switch game is obviously going to have their main resources focused on it.
>>
>>33125751
>Any "B team" would be working on USM, but not a main game.
That's what I said.

>How could they be working on Gen 8 when they're working on USUM?
>Because the B-Team is working on USUM and the A-Team is working on Gen 8.
>>
>>33125745
Saying "we hope to being this external service to future platforms" doesn't mean development on a game was already underway at all.
>>
>>33125773
Is ohmori director of A team now

Masuda finished? I feel like Masuda would be the working on a new gen on new system.
>>
>>33125773
SM being released less than a year ago is the main point, because new gens have their main resources
>>
>>33125779
They knew of the technology of NX. 1.5 years before the release. Easily could go the dev kit for it
>>
>>33125789
Well no shit, Pokemon devs would be one of the first devs introduced to new hardware long before that interview. Doesn't tell us anything about when they started the game.
>>
>>33125799
Absolutely. People don't realize that planning what they want to do with the system.

Is part of early development. People don't go mindlessly on computers and make shit

Everything is planned out

It's like a script for movie than start shootings and they post production
>>
File: DC7BKTNUQAApVb8.jpg (45KB, 561x790px) Image search: [Google]
DC7BKTNUQAApVb8.jpg
45KB, 561x790px
As of 30th June 2017, Pokémon Sun & Moon has sold 15.67 million units
As of 30th June 2017, Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire have sold 13.79 million units
As of 30th June 2017, Pokémon X & Y have sold 16.15 million units
>>
>>33125779
>Hey, let's bring our technology to a platform we'll never use lol xDDDD
What was your point again? the game has already been announced, you were wrong, you lost
>>
Doesn't GF start working on new games months before the current gen even releases?
>>
the gamefreak contract ends in may 2018, we get the new games in fall or holiday
>>
I still hope for a late 2018 release.
>>
>>33126137
>I still hope for rushed games so I can shit on them after playing them
You're a retard.
>>
>>33125871
God is dead.
>>
>>33125712
Except they tend to be let go around the time development is finished. That means the games are probably fairly late in development, they're just not sure how late yet.
>>
>>33125679
Or that it was never meant to exist in it's current state at all. I think there's plenty of evidence it was meant to be a Switch title that got back ported and rushed out early for the 3DS instead.

Probably because Nintendo was afraid of going more than 2 years without a new game. Especially not with people whining about it being "so long" as if time to make a new game doesn't matter and with it coinciding with when they were about to drop the Wii U and move to the Switch and wanted a guaranteed fall back.
>>
>>33125665
They probably can throw one last 3DS game then
>>
>>33126149
YOU are dead.
>>
>>33126250
Yeah, just like there's plenty of evidence that Pokemon Z was cancelled.

and by plenty I mean none at all
>>
I'm thinking GF has a backup plan incase they have to stretch Switch development to 2019.

GF keeps the promise about the Battle Frontier they made in ORAS and SM by having it in USUM. If they do that, GF will have enough content to stretch Switch development to 2019 if necessary. The goal is to have Switch ready in 2018 if possible.
>>
>>33126410
Perhaps we could see Sinnoh remakes, but if it were to be in SM's gridless style, that'd require them to rebuild the region. I'm sure it'd be easy since they'd reuse assets, but I would not be surprised if it were in ORAS' grid-based style.
>>
>>33126446
Are you kidding? Sinnoh is much more valuable on Switch to push console sales. The demand and nostalgia for Sinnoh is going to grow even more after the first Switch game gets released.
>>
>>33126463
>>33126451
True, I suppose. I hated Sinnoh, so I couldn't care less what they do with the remakes.
>>
>>33126015
Yeah but don't say those facts around here
>>
>>33126140
>implying they won't be shit anyway
>>
Maybe if the switch version is a hit they might wake up and give us a damned MMORPG
>>
>>33126562
So you can do what? Battle with your friends? Trade?
>>
>>33126463
>the first game with two screens shoehorned onto a home console with one.

Just let them end the two screen gimmick with grace.
>>
>>33126719
Bbbbbbait buddybaitbuddy bait
>>
File: 1481090473148.jpg (17KB, 355x362px) Image search: [Google]
1481090473148.jpg
17KB, 355x362px
>Gen 6 and Gen 7 weren't rushed because Pokemon Switch was on the horizon, they were rushed because the B Team's been working on just about all of them while the A Team has been going full-time on Switch Development since probably halfway through XY which is why the pacing gets all fucked after the first two gyms
>>
>>33126942
Will this be the excuse when Gen 8 is bad too?
>>
>>33126978
The first set of games will be garbage as usual, but maybe we'll finally get a Break Year in 2019 so the Third/Revised Version can actually have time to be worked on.
>>
>>33126942
>>33126978
It doesn't make sense. They were developing x and y back in 2010. NX was not around during that time of x and y development
>>
>>33126984
Oh yeah, just like with XY and ORAS and SM, right?

The rushed excuse doesn't work anymore. They are just bad developers. Plain and simply. It's no secret that Gamefreak coders and programmers are awful, they've been since the days of gen 1.
>>
>>33126987
Most of that development time was spent more on Future-proofed Models and Animations, I'm willing to bet.
>>
>>33126942
Being rushed isn't the problem, it's Game Freak's design philosophies. The problems with XY and SM are active design choices.
>>
>>33126942
At most GF had a full year to start working on the Switch before they announced it.
>>
>>33125780
Masuda is probably directing the switch games
>>
>>33125665
I'm still hoping for late 2018
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.