[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: gar.jpg (120KB, 962x721px) Image search: [Google]
gar.jpg
120KB, 962x721px
What went so right?
>>
>>33124468
Sugimori
>>
File: f36.gif (3MB, 409x250px)
f36.gif
3MB, 409x250px
>>33124468
>>
>>33124468
Why does it look less and less menacing each generation from Jhoto to Alola, minus mega?
>>
File: 52843.png (12KB, 210x187px) Image search: [Google]
52843.png
12KB, 210x187px
>>33124546
>>
B/W sprite is best
>>
>>33124468
130 Special Attack, 110 Speed, and a wide movepool. Good STAB helps too.
>>
>>33124468
High special attack and speed, great movepool with decent STAB coverage and plenty of support options.

Every time it gets nerfed it also gets buffed - introduce Dark and Steel at the same time as Shadow Ball, Physical/Special split lost the elemental punches but gained use of both STABs, Knock Off buff came at the same time as Steel nerf. Even when it lost Levitate the meta was full of Fairies so a fast poison type was needed (besides Nihilego, all other fast Poison types are weak to Stealth Rock)
>>
>>33124468
Nothing.
>3D model
>No change up

Sprites for life.
>>
Based purple blob
Literally impossible to fuck up his sprite.
>>
>>33124468
OP, it dropped to UU this gen for a while.
>>
>>33125141
It came back up though. OG ghost is best ghost.
>>
>>33124468
Aegislash got banned.
>>
>>33124468
Blatant favoritism
>>
>>33124546

It gets fatter and brighter colors overall.
>>
>>33125141
People overreacted to the levitate loss. They have since realized he's still great.
>>
>>33124546
Because "muh we must appeal to children".
>>
>>33124468
The fact that it doesn't change at all from Gen 6 to 7 proves that 3D was a mistake.
>>
>>33126406
They should be giving them more dynamic poses/idle animations.
>>
>>33126406
>guy is lazy
>hurr 3D was a mistake
Retard.
>>
He fucking sucks in pokken.
>>
>>33124468
>Has never shown its ability to levitate outside of its single anime appearance
>Loses Levitate Ability
>Fucking Levitates in the same game it loses its ability
GameFreak please
>>
>>33127062
his burst is sexy af though
>>
Gen 2 best model.
>>
>>33126886
But they have dynamic idle animations, it's just that showdown is shit and only has a small looping gif without them.
>>
>thunderbolt
>no flamethrower or ice beam

C'mon, even Muk and Weezing can learn fire blast.
>>
>>33127103
Nah, I play exclusively on cart. I more mean things like Blaziken standing awkwardly instead of moving around a bit or being posed in a way that looks mildly intimidating. Most Pokémon don't look like they're in battle
>>
>>33125141
New toy syndrome. Gengar is old as fuck and when all these UBs and Tapus showed up, nobody really wanted to use Gengar, especially after the nerf. But then they came running back to him, as always. He's just too good.
>>
>>33124468
Gen 1: only ghost type and put shit to sleep with high special
Gen 2: perish song to kill Snorlax and perfect spirte
Gen 3: hidden.power and tutors
Gen 4-7: physical special split let it use hard hitting moves
>>
>>33127154
I hope Pokemon Switch fixes the animations
>>
>>33124468
Gengar is the gift that keeps on giving. Gengarfags will whine about the loss of Levitate, but before that it received nothing but buffs.

>gen 2 gives it Shadow Ball and Destiny Bond
>gen 3 gives it Levitate
>gen 4 gives it the Phys/Spec split and Focus Blast
>gen 6 gives it a hideously broken mega
>>
The Pokemon's sprites in gen1 look like they are all crystal meth addicts. hence it's not so surprising.
Graphics including colour and shit has gotten better and since Gengar is violet in the Anime they had to adjust the sprite
>>
>>33124468
>>33124546
Gen 2 had the best Gengar.
>>
The Gen 2 sprite. Then it went to shit for three generations but at least the 3D version isn't quite as awful.
>>
I want to fuck her
>>
>>33124468
I think you meant "What went so wrong?"
It's impressive how they've managed to fuck up gengar's sprites and model so much after making the perfect sprite for gen 2.
>>
>>33124468
By the time it would have been outclassed by other ghosts and special sweepers, the meta changed in a way that made its poison typing an actual boon.
If Fairy gets nerfed, Gengar will probably finally drop to UU for good.
>>
>>33128239
Marshadow showed that making a ghost that is a better sweeper will just go to Uber. Until we get something in the Tapu range where some legendary ghost trio or whatever are just all around good at everything (without going full Smogon Sword), Gengar will remain OU.
>>
>>33127245
>skipping an entire generation
>implying anyone competently used shadow ball before the split
You tried
>>
>>33128239
Ghost isn't going to stop being a good offensive type any time soon
>only resisted by dark
>normal types are nearly nonexistent in higher tiers, chansey aside.
>>
marshadow got banned
>>
>>33126886
I wish they would add new animations each game. They already have the models, why not add more animation? I hate some of the generic physical attack animations that are supposed to be punches, kicks, tackles, and headbutts at the same time. Also, many Pokémon look like shit during Z moves. And many don't have appearance/idle animations.
>>
>>33124546
>Gen 1 Gengar
>more menacing than Gen 2 Gengar
>>
>>33128610
Normal buff when?
Why do Rock and Steel resist it, anyway?
>inb4 hurr durr they're hard
Isn't that what the high defense is meant to represent?
>>
>>33128633
>le I can't read meme
>>
>>33124468
Gengar is the Garchomp of Gen 1.
>>
>>33129317
>Isn't that what the high defense is meant to represent?
Have you forgotten Normal was physical before the split?
>>
>>33129317
Normal is supposed to not be anything special and just very basic. It's why every starting route rodent is normal. Normal attacks are just that, basic attacks. It's why tackle, headbutt, scratch, pound, etc are all normal. You could consider Fighting type an upgraded version of Normal and both of those are super effective to Rock and Steel.
Now I would like to know why Mega Punch and Mega Kick are both normal still.
>>
>>33130913
>both of those
I'm retarded, meant to say that Fighting is super effective to both Rock and Steel.
>>
File: 1478938025786.png (82KB, 746x407px) Image search: [Google]
1478938025786.png
82KB, 746x407px
>>33125129
hes clefairy/clefable's shadow
>>
>>33124468
>cursed body

JUST-

All my friends are dead, push me to the edge.

Jokes aside, still an excellent mon.
>>
>>33128279
>Five ghosts in Uber (six counting Arceus)
>Two of them aren't even legendaries
What went so right?
>>
>>33130977
is Smogonsword still Uber?
>>
My favorite mon. Always in my team in each game.
>>
why did they take gengar's levitate away?
>>
>>33131095
Because MUH BALANCE.
>>
>>33124468
Because as the generations went on, Gengar was one of the mons that just happened to benefit from the game mechanics changing no matter what in addition to having an ever expanding movepool:

In gen 1, it was literally untouchable because it was the ONLY ghost in the game giving it a huge advantage defensely.

In gen 2 gave it powerful and reliable STAB moves in shadow ball.

Gen 3 introduced natures which let it min-max its sp.atk and speed to their fullest with proper EV training and abilities, which gave Gengar levitate giving it complete immunity to one of its weaknesses.

Gen 4 saw the physical/special split which let it use its sp.atk stat and STAB moves to their fullest extent.

Gen 5 saw an improved disable, letting it viably run sub-disable sets

Gen 6 let it see more offensive presence in the face of fairy typing, giving its poison moves more worth in addition to an almost broken mega evolution while also giving it a new fairy move to use in its own right.

And gen 7 not only compounded its fairy killing moves by having even more fairies to fuck around with, but cursed body gives it the potential to be a massive dick to other players. Also, 100% focus blast is nice with a Z-move.
>>
>>33125141
Just a small bump in the road for grape ghost. Its back in OU again because cursed body isn't a terrible ability either in addition to it already being a fast special sweeper.
>>
>>33125141
It's similar to Starmie in gen 6, where the early meta was so broken that it was strictly outclassed. Once the most broken shit was banned, mainly Greninja and Agieslash, it bounced right back up. It just took forever because they waited so damn long on the Greninja ban.
>>
>>33131150

gengar didnt run shadow ball in gen 2 because ghost attacks where physical. it ran tbolt + ice punch since all elec and ice attacks were special.
>>
>>33129317
Because believe it or not in gen 1 normal was a strong attacking type and rock was one of the best defenses against it.
It's part of why Gengar, Golem and Rhydon were all OU.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.