[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/- Hacking and Essentials General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 26

File: IMG_20170721_202526.jpg (16KB, 726x142px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170721_202526.jpg
16KB, 726x142px
JUST edition

Discord: https://discord.gg/HfWa4Dg
IRC: irc.rizon.net #romhacking

Rom hacking
>Notable romhacks: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Making a romhack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP
>Gen 4-6 hack tools: https://pastebin.com/WvTzcdPR
For Gen 1-2, use the disassembly
>Disassemblies: https://github.com/pret/pokered https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal https://github.com/pret/pokeruby

RMXP/Essentials
>Engine: http://pastebin.com/G5PdvaGD
>Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Essentials_Wiki
>Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
>WIP Gen 5 tiles: http://imgur.com/a/CiudS

Places to share fangames:
>http://www.pokecommunity.com/
>http://reliccastle.com/

TOTT:
What novel features do you want to someday see in a game, canon or not?
>>
The Sage 2.0 thread is demonstrable proof that people care more about playing Pokémon on the go (i.e. on their phones) than anything else.

essentialsfag btfo LOL
>>
Curious if the anon from the previous thread ever got his icon situation sorted out.
>>
>>33119402
Sure, let's scoff and deride rather than actually help to figure out how to make Essentials playable on mobile which would benefit everyone.
>>
>>33119413
calm down sweaty :)
>>
>>33119385
You're playing a dangerous game there, OP.
>>
File: essentialsmasterrace.png (643KB, 1360x757px) Image search: [Google]
essentialsmasterrace.png
643KB, 1360x757px
>>33119385
>What novel features do you want to someday see in a game, canon or not?

Online in-game co-op. Thankfully there are essentials games that already support online play while romhacks can't.
>>
>six replies
>five are shitposts

This general is dead. Just let it die.
>>
>>33119413
>let's scoff and deride rather than try to salvage the dumpster fire I attached myself to while I constantly shitpost about how my dumpster fire is better than ROMhacking
Why would anyone want to help you after you've spent the last 20+ threads shitposting nonstop? Fuck off
>>
>>33119479
Yeah, the only post so far that isn't a shitpost is >>33119456

this general is fucking dead
>>
>>33119738
>the only post that isn't a shitpost is the poster that's actively trying to kill the thread
>>
I can't look at Essentials games anymore without thinking about this fucking shitposter, and I can't bring myself actually download them.

Good work, fuckfence.
>>
>>33119951
It's your loss.
>>
I was looking around for a Pokémon Platinum hack that had updated move sets and types, but still kept the SinnohDex, but all I found was 493 hacks.

So, right now, I'm learning Gen4 rom hacking so I can just change around stats and put an emphasis on Gen 4 Pokemon (like putting Magby instead of Ponyta near Oreburgh), instead of stuffing every pokemon into the region.

Is there a way to make TMs reusable in platinum as of now? I know they could do it in Emerald and FireRed, but no clue with Gen 4
>>
File: Post-Game Sinnoh Map.png (247KB, 2080x1952px) Image search: [Google]
Post-Game Sinnoh Map.png
247KB, 2080x1952px
Mentioned in the last thread about including southwest Sinnoh for post-game, so here's my layout.

The northern and eastern gates in Jubilife will be blocked off, as will Route 219 south of Sandgem. Route 219 was only mapped so the player won't see the out-of-bounds when in Sandgem.

Thoughts?
>>
>>33120435
It looks great. Everything is easily recognizable and somehow works well with the Gen 2 aesthetic.
That said, I can't imagine you're fitting too much content in that small area. Not a whole lot happens in those areas, even in the Sinnoh games.
I personally hate seeing things I can't access, and I know I'd be searching all over the available area looking for some event that would remove the restriction. Even Kanto in G/S/C bugged the hell out of me.
Although I understand that you're pressed for space in a Game Boy ROM, I still find it frustrating.
>>
>>33120489
Kanto being so wimpy in GSC was a fault of time, not space. I mean, in Japan Gold and Silver were only 512kb so space might have been an issue then, but they had also spent three whole years working on GS and only got enough space (thanks to Iwata's genius coding) for Kanto close to the end of development, so they did it rather quickly to try and stop Pokémon from fading out of public consciousness.
I'm pretty sure Crystal was 2MB in all regions so the only reason they didn't fix Kanto in that game is that they were too lazy.
>>
File: 1495079494985.png (142KB, 307x220px) Image search: [Google]
1495079494985.png
142KB, 307x220px
>in a /heg/ thread a few years ago
>someone posted a screenshot from the RMXP event editor window
>mfw a bunch of anons mistake it for a ROMhacking tool but call it shit as soon as anon tells them it's not
I wish everyone would stop pretending that ROMhacking is objectively better than Essentials. There isn't a single finished Disassembly tutorial and it's way too obtuse to just learn on your own. Mapping is the only easy thing to do, and even that requires an unnecessary amount of fiddling. Yeah, yeah, "git gud".
You are a delusional moron if you think a disassembled ROM is better than RPG Maker.

>>33119413
>Sure, let's scoff and deride rather than actually help to figure out how to make Essentials playable on mobile which would benefit everyone
There is an RPGMXP player for Android. But it has a low success rate.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kernys.rgss&hl=en
Someone really needs to create a new engine in RPG Maker MV, because it has native mobile support.
RPGMXP is ten years old. It's time to move onto a new engine for Christ sakes.
>>
File: 7.png (102KB, 266x200px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
102KB, 266x200px
>>33121024
>There isn't a single finished Disassembly tutorial and it's way too obtuse to just learn on your own.
I learned disassembly on my own.
And /heg/ isn't even a few years old, it was /rhg/ back then, allowing Essentials games is a relatively recent mistake.
>>
>>33121024
The diasassemblies have creators and maintainers. Have you ever thought of asking them instead of pokecommunity? Serious question.
>>
>>33121024
That recent guy who can't even get his fucking overworld icons to work (when it would take all of 2 seconds to fix in essentials) is pretty much proof romhacking is shit. But of course romhackers need to sperg out against essentials games whenever they can.
>>
>>33120489
Honestly, it's not just a space thing, although that'll probably become part of it. It's mainly because including too much Sinnoh would probably entail an entire second plot, rather than just a bonus area with a small extra plot. I'm already using up the equivalent of two regions for the main game, with this as a bonus. Not to mention, I was originally only going to include Canalave and maybe Route 218, so this is actually much more Sinnoh than I initially planned.

What I don't want to end up with is a Prism situation, where one of the most notable aspects of Prism was its impressive scale, but that led many to believe it was too much content being packed into one game and that it became overwhelming.
>>
>>33121077
>I learned disassembly on my own.
You want a medal?

>/heg/ isn't even a few years old
The earliest /heg/ on the archive is from May 2015. That's an eternity in internet time.
>>
>>33121214
>You want a medal?
No, but I am computer illiterate and don't know any programming, so it really isn't that hard to learn how to use the disassembly.
>>
>>33121236
>I'm computer illiterate and don't know any programming but I learned how to use a program heavily reliant on HEX editing knowledge

Yeah, okay anon.
Or are you just making barebones "difficulty" hacks?
>>
File: IMG_20170721_202515.jpg (11KB, 737x149px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170721_202515.jpg
11KB, 737x149px
Well I guess the other screen cap is relevant now.
>>
>>33121340
Well I mean I haven't committed myself to making a real hack yet but it's pretty easy to change Pokémon, moves, maps, graphics, tilesets, all that shit. I mostly just do music since it's something anyone can use in their own hack if they want. That's how I ended up doing so much music for Polished Crystal, a lot of it was made specifically for the hack but other songs were things that I did separately and Rangi felt it was appropriate enough to use. I'll probably take the time to actually learn assembly before I commit to any hack because I want to add some features from later Gens to Gen 2, and if I focus on those features first anyone else could import them into their own hack in the event my hack progress fizzles out.
>>
>>33119402
>catering to phoneposters
>>
So, has anyone uploaded a fully gutted pokecrystal disassembly so you don't have to spend 7 hours deleting map files and addressing errors before starting to build a new region?

Asking for a friend.
>>
File: progress.png (19KB, 320x583px) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
19KB, 320x583px
>>33119385
There was an anon who was helping me yesterday
hope that guy is still around

Finally got the rom to recognize both icon banks
Charizard and Tauros don't share a bank, but both now display correctly

Now the issue is getting overworld mons to load correctly
Butterfree is appearing as Weedle
Miltank are appearing as Bellsprout
>>
help. I tried opening a custom map of mine in advance map and tried replacing one of the old ones with the insert map option but whenever I try to go into the damn map in game it freezes. I have the connections correct but it just freezes with sometimes a loud screech or just a blank screen with a color. Oddly sometimes it works but going out it doesn't.
>>
>>33121165
Some people like working with limitations, anon. I know it may be hard for you to comprehend, but some people derive a greater sense of accomplishment from doing a task in a more difficult way.
>>
>>33122420
Try using another version of A-Map. Sometimes that may fix it.
>>
>>33120244
I am in the same boat as you friend
>>
>>33120244
It's next to impossible to add new stuff to gen 4. If you want to add the fairy type, I know someone named MeroMero has a guide to add it to HG/SS, and I know on one of their threads they had a way to add it to platinum... But adding new moves and stuff is beyond a budding hobbyist.
>>
>>33120244
>>33122606
https://nsmbhd.net/thread/2905-pok-mon-soulsilver-fairy-edition-complete/#42626

this is the only way, as far as I know, to implement fiary type to platinum, though it's on a JP rom, the offsets might be different.
>>
>>33122914
Thanks senpai
>>
Would it be possible to extract and inject a save from a different 3ds?
>>
>>33122974
JKSM, my dude
>>
>>33121498
There's no one choice of what to "fully gut" that would work for everyone. Some hacks might want to keep Johto, or Kanto, or the 251 Pokémon, or the original 151, or the Battle Tower subsystem, or... Just delete everything yourself, and upload Gutted Crystal if you think it'll help other people.
>>
File: IU33OUV.png (40KB, 320x300px) Image search: [Google]
IU33OUV.png
40KB, 320x300px
Is there any way to make these sprites use their palettes?
They aren't typical sprites
They are menu icons loaded into the overworld
so I can't edit the sprite palette at the end of the map.asm
Also color palettes within the party menu
>>
>>33122505
>Some people like working with limitations, anon.

That's good for them. But it will result in a worse and slower developed game.
>>
>>33124624
Tell me when I can play an essentials game on a 3DS or other official hardware.

Well?
>>
File: marine tube HD.png (115KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
marine tube HD.png
115KB, 1024x768px
Marine Tube
https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/marine-tube-gbc-8-bit
https://pastebin.com/nGD7xAga
>>
>>33124866
Nice.

Are you planning on more Sinnoh soon? Yours and FroggestSpirit's stuff is gold.
>>
>>33124624
Then how was Clover made 10x faster than Sage?
>>
>>33125148
I don't do Sinnoh songs just because Frogg plans to cover them all. There's nothing wrong with having two covers of the same song, I think the differences in our Route 47 covers are interesting considering we both used the GB Sounds version as a base, but if I can put my attention toward other regions while he does his thing with Sinnoh's soundtracks we'll have a wider breadth of music in the end.
>>
i had an idea for a romhack, but it would only have you and your starter, with no other catchable pokemon. there are still wild encounters and gyms, but you'll only ever have 1 guy (maybe a total of 3 for all the starters if there are gifts)

is this possible to make?
>>
surely there are more noteworthy romhacks than what's in the pastebin. does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>33125405
What sort of game are you looking for?
>>
>>33125430
i want to experience the same game old game in a new way. something like fire red backwards edition
>>
>>33125444
psychic adventures :)
>>
>>33125450
interesting. i found a large site with romhacks aptly named pokemonromhack.com

might want to include that in the OP
>>
>>33124700
Tell me when can I play a rom hack that has mouse controls, dynamic character customization, animated battle sprites, following pokemon, online battling/trading, completely unique battle UI, and a larger screen.

Well?

>>33125171
because Clover is a piece of shit that should probably go into the peasant part of the collage in >>33119456
>>
>>33125482
I think that's a new site in the vein of gamesas
>>
>>33125499
what was gamesas
>>
>>33125505
http://www.gamesas.com/
it's a forum that aggregates everything tes related
it's full of bots and you can't make an account
>>
>>33125511
interesting. i wonder if its possible for me to reach out to the webmaster and ask for more precise search options. being able to search through completed english gba hacks would be hell of a lot more convenient
>>
>>33125532
http://pokemonromhack.com/tag/final-release
:V
>>
>>33125491
>mouse controls
shitnobodywants.jpg
>dynamic character customization
Prism
>animated battle sprites
Literally vanilla Crystal and every B&W hack.
>following pokemon
All HGSS hacks and GSC ones that make use of the GSC follow-me script from Skeetendo.
>online battling/trading
Any hack of Gen 4 to today. Also, the code for online battling/trading exists in vanilla Crystal via pokecrystal disassembly, so it can be implemented, and, unlike with Essentials, the none fakémon can probably be transferred to real games.
>completely unique battle UI
shitnobodywants2.jpg
>larger screen
The Sun and Moon 4K hack.

Now, are you going to answer my initial question or continue to move goalposts to avoid admitting that all Essentials Pokémon games always, ALWAYS look like the poor man's Pokémon and never actually feel like Pokémon games that you can play on a handheld system?
>>
>>33125599
>shitnobodywants.jpg
I want it.

>Prism
Not dynamic.

>Literally vanilla Crystal and every B&W hack.
Crystal doesn't have proper constant moving animations. BW hacks barely exist because
>MUH TOOLS ;_;

>All HGSS hacks
Again, practically non-existent. I don't want to play dated looking gen 2 shit.

>Any hack of Gen 4 to today.
Non-existent.

>shitnobodywants2.jpg
I want it.

>The Sun and Moon 4K hack.
It's the same fucking game.

Try again romhackfag. Show me some games that are actually worth playing instead of screeching MUH MOBILE over and over.
>>
>all these posts about the essentials shitposter
Remember, do not reply to bait. Do not give bait attention. Report bait posts. Ignore the essentials shitposter. It's not fucking hard.
>>
>>33121601
I'm still here.
Glad to see you were able to get both banks loading at the same time.

Do Weedle and Butterfree/Miltank and Bellsprout share any characteristics in the data at all?
Could it be that the game is still trying to load the original overworld mon icons and the ones loaded simply fill the same slot?
Maybe the game is being told that those overworld mons are Bellsprout and Weedle?
>>
>>33125614
>I want it.
Good for you. That's one person.
>Not dynamic.
MUH BUZZWORDS
>Again, practically non-existent.
The same can be said for Essentials games playable on 3DS.
>I don't want to play dated looking gen 2 shit.
And nobody wants to play your bootleg-tier .exe games.
>Non-existent.
False.
>I want it.
Good for you, again. That's still one person.
>It's the same fucking game.
That is spawning ROM hacks.
>Show me some games that are actually worth playing instead of screeching MUH MOBILE over and over.
I'm not talking about mobile phones. I'm talking about 3DS, a video game console. Hell, how about regular DS? One Essentials game. That's all I'm asking for. One. Answer the fucking question and stop dodging.

Tell me when I can play an essentials game on a 3DS or other official hardware.

This should not be hard. I can tell you exactly which ROM hacks can be played on official hardware: All of them.
>>
>>33125636
>Good for you. That's one person.
It's more than one person considering multiple essentials games already have this.

>MUH BUZZWORDS
Has nothing to do with buzzwords. It just isn't dynamic. There is no modular clothes changing customization like in the official games. Meanwhile I can think of at least two Essentials games that have modular clothes customization.

>The same can be said for Essentials games playable on 3DS.
Why would I want to play it on my 3DS when my PC is right here? Do you beg for every game to get released on your 3DS? That's sad.

>And nobody wants to play your bootleg-tier .exe games.
ROM hacks are the ones that resemble bootlegs considering most of them are barely any different from official games.

>False.
Not false.

>Good for you, again. That's still one person.
Again, more than one person.

>That is spawning ROM hacks.
That are barely any different from the regular game.

>I'm talking about 3DS, a video game console
Which is still a mobile console. So you're just screeching MUH MOBILE over and over. Otherwise you can just play it on a PC and it makes no difference.

Still waiting for a good Essentials game, ROMhackfag.
>>
>>33125744
If you're still waiting for a good essentials game, why do you fellate that engine so much?
>>
>>33125757
Still waiting for a good ROM hack game, ROMhackfag.
>>
>>33125764
Now, don't start moving the goalposts; you admitted it yourself.
>>
>>33125765
It's not moving goalposts if my position is the same. There are plenty of good Essentials games. But you have yet to post a good ROM hack. I'm waiting.
>>
File: congration.jpg (42KB, 589x431px) Image search: [Google]
congration.jpg
42KB, 589x431px
>>33125772
>Still waiting for a good Essentials game, ROMhackfag.
t. you
I don't know why you want me to supply your argument for you.
>>
>>33125744
>still can't answer a simple, direct question

Also,
>Still waiting for a good Essentials game, ROMhackfag.

I'm glad we both agree that Essentials is/was/always has been/always will be a mistake. Why use an actual Pokémon engine that will look, feel, and play like a real Pokémon game 100% of the time when you can make something that vaguely looks like it, but objectively shittier? I can't wait until Pokémon Unity is done so we can rename these threads /hug/ and erase the biggest mistake on all of /vp/ and force sales of RPG Maker to decline 3000% instantly.
>>
>>33125778
But that's not my argument. My argument is that there is no good ROM hack game and you still haven't showed me one.

>>33125794
Essentials isn't objectively shittier though. You still haven't even showed me a ROM hack game with those qualities that plenty of Essentials games have.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (43KB, 1081x487px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
43KB, 1081x487px
>>33125802
Here, let me refresh your memory of 20 minutes ago. Read the last line out to the class, essentialsfag.
>>
>>33125806
>Still waiting for a good ROM hack game, ROMhackfag.

???
>>
>>33125807
Glad to know this is just an elaborate troll. You did it, champ. You wasted about... two minutes of my time. I hope you're happy.
>>
>>33125802
>But that's not my argument. My argument is that there is no good ROM hack game and you still haven't showed me one.

"Still waiting for a good Essentials game, ROMhackfag." - >>33125744 (You)
>>
>>33125814
"Still waiting for a good ROM hack game, ROMhackfag." - >>33125764
>>
>>33125811
Hey, at least she kept the thread bumped.
>>
Fuck me, why is every thread featuring a PC-vs-Mac-like discussion?

Get over the fucking differences and maybe focus on producing ideas or content relevant, sheesh.

Go have your dick-comparing contest somewhere else lads.
>>
>>33126360
Just put these in your filter:
/romhackfag/i
/rpg maker/i;op:no;boards:vp
/pokemonessentials.wikia.com/i;op:no
and that should hide most of his useless posts
>>
>>33125365
Yeah, it would actually be pretty easy
Take any game, remove all balls from it.
From overworld items, to marts, to gifts. Remove every instance from the game.
Then remove all gift mons. Replace the other two with the starter pokemon
>>
>>33125621
Not sure how, but adding "SPEAROW" to the list of SpriteMons in overworld.asm fixed it.

Now working on adding color to each icon. I've got a new .rar if you want to look.
>>
>>33120435
That looks so cool. I really want you to make a complete Sinnoh devamp now!
>>
>>33126660
>if you want to look
I doubt I'd be of much help. I've just kinda been guessing my way through it.
>>
>>33125491
ROMs can be played on GameBoys. GameBoys do not have fucking mice or WiFi. Stop demanding stupid shit and just enjoy your PC-only Pokemon-themed RPG knock-offs elsewhere.
>>
Can soneone teach or link me how to hack pokemon sun and moon?
>>
I just came in here hoping to get back into the Romhacking scene.
I thought Essentials would be easier to use for some of planned features, but the tune of this thread seems to be that if I made an essentials game, no one would play it?
>>
File: 100-0.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
100-0.gif
2MB, 400x400px
What the fuck is wrong with Mind Crystal? Dream Eater Hoothoot raped my whole team and you can't use awakenings in battle
>>
>>33119456
Wait hold on, the game left to Eevee edition (the Final Fantasy styled one) and above Sage. What is it?
>>
>>33127162
Make a game for your pleasure anon, not for other
>>
>>33127254
...Uranium?
>>
>>33127242
I assume it's tournament rules? I've never actually played it.
>>
>>33127777
No no, the others I know, top right is Super Pokemon: Eevee edition, underneath Uranium, left to it Spectrum, above it Sage, under Sage (I think) Pheonyx Rising and after it Ethereal Gates. I'm talking about the one in between Eevee, Uranium, Sage and Ethereal Gates, I don't think I've seen it before.
>>
File: whenyourebad.gif (499KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
whenyourebad.gif
499KB, 500x246px
>>33127895
That's right. I didn't proceed enough but I hope that at least NPCs cant use them too.
This hack being JRPG level of difficulty without letting you use items is retarded and means I can't nuzlocke. It sucks that its the only one with this many features.
>>
>>33128099
Can you turn off those rules at all, like in some of the recent GBC Crystal hacks?
>>
>>33128130
No, bag literally has a hard code lock, can only change battle style in options but in battle it stays as Set.
Its not a Crystal hack though, its HGSS.
>>
>>33128193
>Its not a Crystal hack though, its HGSS.
That's why I specified GBC.
>>
>>33125450
I'm waiting on an Ezflash solely to play this. Good taste.
>>
File: image.png (41KB, 292x196px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
41KB, 292x196px
>>33127923
That's Pokemon Garnet. It looks nice but I have no clue if it's still in development.
>>
>>33128827
Shame, it looks really nice.
>>
>>33128827
I think it was dropped. What a shame, it looks so comfy too.
>>
>>33127162
Please don't assume the vocal elitists in this thread are representative of anyone other than themselves. They're not.

Make whatever game you want, however you want. There are plenty of people who aren't the dickheads in this thread who would play it.
>>
File: 1495342935168.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1495342935168.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>33127069
>GameBoys do not have fucking mice or WiFi.
Playing doubles advocate, Crystal had GB Mobile Adapter support. It is theoretically possible to set up your own server and alter the code in Crystal to connect to it.
https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7509.0
>>
>>33125405
There definitely are, the pastebin hasn't been changed in years because it needs some quality control, there are a lot of hacks from like 2007 that don't hold up by modern standards.
>>
>>33129531
That is neither a mouse, nor is it Wi-Fi.
In no way does that assist with romhacks.
>>
>>33127162
I can't speak for everyone but I avoid Essentials games by virtue of them being Essentials games, after my bad experience with the ones I have played. Only Essentials games I'd be willing to play if they were completed are Sage (and Sage is never ever being finished) and Meta Mercury (which I think is moving to a new engine given how much work Max is putting into making the Unity alpha into a full thing).
>>
>>33129550
It makes online multiplayer for Crystal possible
>>
>>33127162
I'd rather play an Essentials game than a romhack.
>>
>>33129550
>In no way does that assist with romhacks.
Being able to connect to an online server that allows you to battle and trade with others is functionally equivalent to Wi-Fi regarding what you want from it.
Plus there are emulators that can connect to each others for online link trades/battles, though the optimal way to do that is to emulate both games on both computers and have each person just send inputs through Wi-Fi, since actually simulating a link connection via Internet is EXTREMELY laggy (the two GameBoys send packets to each other once every 1/60th of a second).
>>
>>33128827
I just now looked it up. Holly fuck I feel so bad. Nothing makes me more sad than to see a promising ROM hack or a fangame go to waste. Even the fakemon looked good enough.
>the last message of the creator the PokeCommunity website is since 2013

Also, sidenote, didn't knew there were a lot of ROM hack and fangame makers on DevArt as well (many seem to have been innactive since 2013/14 do)
>>
File: 1461328543156.png (293KB, 900x558px) Image search: [Google]
1461328543156.png
293KB, 900x558px
>>33129671
There are, but you want to avoid anything that comes from there unless you're a weirdo who likes shit like pic
>>
File: 1500153137498.jpg (324KB, 583x1508px) Image search: [Google]
1500153137498.jpg
324KB, 583x1508px
>>33129696
What the fuck
>>
>>33129696
eh
i'd fuck em both
>>
>>33130355
>>
File: HINDENBURG.jpg (58KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
HINDENBURG.jpg
58KB, 1000x751px
>>33130578
>>
>>33130578
>>33130636
ABSOLUTELY HARAM
>>
>>33130636
kek
>>
File: laughingwhores.gif (2MB, 1920x1070px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.gif
2MB, 1920x1070px
>>33130636
>>
File: Quizzical_Cory.jpg (75KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
Quizzical_Cory.jpg
75KB, 547x692px
>>33129696
>>
>>33129696
>boy has a blue bag
>girl has a pink bag
something something problematic, something something cisheteronormative, something something patriarchy, something something stab a man and watch the life slowly drain from his eyes, something something uwu...
>>
>>33129696
What is up with the pants on the girl? You can see her underwear through the holes in it, but only on her right leg. What kind of weird lopsided underwear is she wearing?
>>
>>33130894
she's probably wearing only one stocking like a retard
>>
File: grass test.png (3KB, 144x48px) Image search: [Google]
grass test.png
3KB, 144x48px
Which grass tile looks better here? I can't decide. It's for an Emerald hack, though I'm going to change all of the vanilla tiles anyway.
>>
>>33131087
third looks best but the second has a nice two shades of green going on.
>>
>>33131164
Thanks, I thought the same thing.
>>
File: grass test 2.png (1KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
grass test 2.png
1KB, 48x48px
>>33131164
Is this better?
>>
>>33131327
Yeah looking good. It looks more like Emeralds grass coloring.
>>
>>33131345
Thanks, friend.
>>
How would you change the level of the fossil Pokemon that spawn from the Laboratory in FRLG? Can you change it in advance map?
>>
>>33131804
I think it's part of the script.
>>
>>33131823
So XSE then?
>>
>>33122529
So it's fixed somewhat but now I am blocked with a text message saying "this is a test message. this is a signpost.
>>
File: Snow Mt. Route.png (53KB, 320x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Snow Mt. Route.png
53KB, 320x1152px
I tried 3 times to make a working ice puzzle, but they ended up either being too easy to solve or completely impossible (or solvable from south to north but not north to south or the opposite).

Since my head hurts from that trial-and-error process, I decided to leave it unfinished for the time being and go back to it later. So, thoughts on this snow route other than that? The initial path is south to north. Also, the "wavy" snow tiles have encounters.

God bless Prism's snow tiles.
>>
>>33119456
Reminder to never run in an essentials game.
If you do, it stops looking good.
>>
>>33132185
It runs ok when I use cheatengine to speed it up. But yeah, I get what you're saying
>>
Would it be possible to change the weakness of a pokemon but still keep its type? ex: Charmander is weak to Ground but Arcanine is weak to Electricity. Don't take those seriously but is that possible? I figure if it were I'd have to change the information of that particular mon only.
>>
>>33132286
You'd have to add a type for every pokemon
>>
Does anyone have sprites for ballio and co? Asking for a friend
>>
>>33132287
I figured but is there any limit to that?
>>
>>33132582
yes, yes there is, and not nearly enough to do anything
>>
>>33132026
It look really good for me.
How about adding a little chalet/lodge for maximum comfiness ?
>>
>>33128898
>>33129671
>>33129137
Guys, the game Is not dead. The devs are active -for a certain value of active- on Facebook (the page Is in italian). They just have sage-tier development speed.
>>
>>33133723
Oh, well good to hear. I hope they do finalize it in the ends (how long is the current demo?)
>>
>>33133732
No demo, sadly. They'll directory release the full game. IIRC they said December but I'm gonna bet on a 2018 release.
>>
File: 1499475906162.jpg (8KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1499475906162.jpg
8KB, 320x320px
>>33133750
>December or 2018
I hope, looking through the entire dex and overworld shots makes me cry.
>>
>>33130578
>are you a girl, or are you a girl?
>>
>>33132612
Good. As long as multiple types can reuse a type icon then I'm all set if the limit isn't super huge.
>>
>>33134227
The type table you'd need to use is utterly massive and completely unfeasable, with romhacking OR essentials.
>>
>>33134520
I think I'll just add in new pokemon slots for already existing mons and not count them as another mon like how Deoxys and Castform works.
>>
File: pondtown.png (107KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pondtown.png
107KB, 800x600px
conceptualizing some stuff for a potential hack, particularly rough concepts for maps

welcome to pinecreek town, where the player starts his/her journey from the house with the red roof. your father is the regional pokemon professor who is giving you and your sister (if male) or brother (if female) their first pokemon, and a packet of research papers to give to the professor in the city just north of town. however, the papers are stolen before you can leave by a team rocket goon who barges into the house, forcing you to chase him through the sewers that drain out onto the beach just outside your house, and lead under the silph co. water treatment plant that stands on a large hill in the center of the town.

after you take your father's research back from the thief, you battle your rival sibling and return to the house, only to find that the professor himself has been kidnapped. there you meet an agent of the international police, who gives you and your rival the pokedex and pokeballs he found while searching for clues to your father's disappearance. apparently, they were meant to be rewards for when you returned from the errand. from there you return to town and progress onto the first route.

the pond that takes up most of the space in town is the main reason its residents live there, and it provides people with jobs either fishing on the docks or working at the water treatment plant. on the west coast of the pond a few families live in seclusion from the rest of town, and the island in the center holds an old insane asylum that was shut down for unethical practices long ago. gameplay wise, these two locations cannot be accessed until after the player gets surf and are relevant to the story of the game as it progresses.
>>
>>33136012
Why an insane asylum? That seems just a bit too "real world" for Pokemon.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.