[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will happen once we hit 1000+ Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Pokedex.png (44KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
Pokedex.png
44KB, 300x229px
I feel that at a certain point it's just going to be way too many for the average fan to keep track of. Especially kids. And we all know GameFreak caters to kids first and foremost. Seriously though, imagine being completely new to this franchise when you have 1000 Pokemon (with probably another 200 hundred forms) and all of the moves, abilities and everything else to remember. It won't be accessible at all.

GameFreak know this. It's clear they've been trying to delay it as much as possible, with the last few generations introducing much smaller batches of new Pokemon than we were previously accustomed to. I think Mega Evolutions and Regional Variants were also introduced as a way to add more new designs without inflating the dex further.

So yeah. What do you think will happen? Will the series just continue as normal, and add even more Pokemon every few years? Will there be a hard reboot, starting the dex over from scratch and reintroducing a few dozen old Pokemon every few years?
>>
>>33117995
>I feel that at a certain point it's just going to be way too many for the average fan to keep track of.
We've already passed this point, anon. 1000 isn't some magical number that will suddenly make everyone unable to remember half the mons. The average fan probably already lost track of all the mons/abilities/moves around gen IV or V.

>Hard reboot
Get real
>>
>>33117995
Welcome to why the national dex is bank only.
>>
>>33117995
I'm actually more interested in what will happen to the franchise once we surpass 5000 Pokémon in the next 60 years. Even the most experienced fan will have trouble keeping up
>>
>>33117995
>Too many mons
It is based on evolution, there are millions of species.
>>
>>33117995
Nothing. Game freak continue to make new Pokémon for future generations of Pokémon.

That's how I like it.
>>
The irony is that even with less Pokemon being introduced per gen, the shortened time between generations since V counters it out.
>>
>>33118029

In real life, There are 2.3 million known species on Earth.
>>
>>33117995
The casual fan has already lost track of the number of Pokemon and think it should have stopped at 151.

The average fan doesn't care how many Pokemon they make and will continue to just use whatever mons they like, new or old.
>>
>>33118056

I think you meant say to 90s casual fans.
There was originally suppose to be 190 Pokémon in 1st generation of Pokémon.

39 Pokémon were removed because of lack data space.
>>
You're fucking retarded if you think Gamefreak will ever try a reboot again after the reaction gen 5 got.
>>
>>33118081
This desu.
Game Freak will never take a big risk ever again after gen 5 nearly killed the franchise. And why should they? They can just make one small alteration à la "gyms are trials now guys" and they'll still make big bucks.
>>
>>33118052
Generations have always lasted 3-4 years. Including post-5.
>>
>>33117995
The series will continue as normal
>>
>>33118104
Gen 7 seems like it will last 1 more year
>>
>>33118098
Stop posting unofficial information about Pokémon Franchise.

Anti-new Pokémon fans shouldn't play new generations of Pokémon games, if they hate new Pokémon.
>>
>>33118124
Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm sure Gen 8 will definitely be next year and be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch™ and just be absolutely epic and not rushed at all.
>>
>>33118213
It's probably been in development since 2015 when ishihara talked about Pokémon bank on the nx(switch) and devkits were sent out.
>>
>>33117995

mega evolutions and forms are clearly an attempt to slow this down and they'll probably keep doing that.

its there own fault for adding way too many pokemon, especially gen 5, with lots of "doubles" of the same ideas and pokemon that evolve too much with very few pokemon with no evolution.
>>
>>33117995
In Sun/Moon, it tells the player whether a move is super effective or not very effective on the move select screen during battle. A new player doesn't need to have an in-depth knowledge about every move and ability to complete the game, in fact the games have gotten even simpler despite adding more Pokemon and moves.
>>
File: 23452562123_4cdc8fdc44_o.jpg (265KB, 920x552px) Image search: [Google]
23452562123_4cdc8fdc44_o.jpg
265KB, 920x552px
I'm sure they wish they could cut down on pokemon they've released. Here's gen 5 with 20 less pokemon and it would still be the same pokedex, they were excessive with how many needless evolution's they put in, just because they wanted to make a redone much worse version of gen 1.
>>
>>33117995
I hope they actually regress and delete like half of the current roster, particularly all the ugly repetitive mons.
>>
>>33118098
Enough with the "Gen 5 nearly killed the franchise" meme. It sold 15 million copies - on par with every other main game pair post-Gen 2. And that was on a device that was already on the verge of replacement.
>>
>>33118021
This. Getting EVERY Pokémon is now a hardcore fan only thing.

It's like how with trading card games there are people who collect all the cards, but really only the last couple sets actually matter to the game.

Likewise there will always be people who collect all the "legacy" Pokémon, but for the average player only the set of ~300 included in the game.

We actually already see the TCG-like approach with most older Pokémon outside of the evergreen Gen I mons being all but useless competitively, with only a handful of exceptions.
>>
>>33118022
>5000 mons in 60 years
>when we haven't reached 1000 in 20
>>
>>33118104
To be more precise, Gens 1 and 2 were 3 years, 3 and 4 were 4 years, and 5 and 6 were 3 years again.
>>
>>33118221
Yep, likely this.

Nintendo goddamn well knows Pokémon sells their handhelds. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Pokémon was a major factor in the Switch being what it is.

They own two of the three best selling franchises of all time and weren't able to put the main one of one of them on their main system.

After a relative flop like the Wii U you know they're going to do everything they need to, to make sure the Switch flies off shelves.

If Game Freak wasn't the second bunch of people with a dev kit, Nintendo don't even deserve to keep being in business because they're too retarded.
>>
File: 1497324435840.png (2MB, 725x1163px) Image search: [Google]
1497324435840.png
2MB, 725x1163px
>>33117995
Pokémon #1000 will create a new pokémon universe, instating itself as the god
this has already happened twice
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.