[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who did it better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: fireghost.jpg (85KB, 629x382px) Image search: [Google]
fireghost.jpg
85KB, 629x382px
Who did it better?
>>
I'm not a huge fan of either of them, but I'll go with Chandelure simply because Alolan Marowak's typing seems a bit strange coming from a pure Ground pre-evo, even with the lore explaining it.
>>
File: Chandelure_Pokédex_entry_(3).jpg (116KB, 478x850px) Image search: [Google]
Chandelure_Pokédex_entry_(3).jpg
116KB, 478x850px
>>33117912

One of them can burn you're soul
>>
They're both very different concepts, and i like them both
>>
>>33117912
Chandelure is faster, better and has infiltrator.
>>
Both have their uses, but Marowak gets points for being miles better than its Kanto counterpart.
>>
>>33117912
Chandelure because it has an amazing cry.
>>
>>33117912
Marowak
>>
File: litwick.png (689KB, 796x1215px) Image search: [Google]
litwick.png
689KB, 796x1215px
I like them both, but I think I like Chandelure just a little better because it doesn't need a Thick Club. I can give it whatever damn item I want.

Also, I like Litiwick better than Cubone, but that's personal taste. I wish there was a Mono-Fire Alola Cubone for Alola Marowak to come from. Going from all Ground to Fire/Ghost is weird.
>>
>>33117912
Chandelure, only because I enjoy using it more.
>>
Chandelure for originality
>>
>>33117981
It still Marowak.
just alternative form.
It cannot be consider a different Pokémon.
>>
>>33117932
>you are soul
>>
>>33118100
>just alternative form
And that's enough to make it better. The ghost/skeleton theme fits it better, lorewise.
>>
>>33117912
They do it differently. Beyond the physical/special difference, their movepools and abilities are totally different. They aren't like Golem and Rhyperior (similar base stats and movepools, different abilities) or even Alakazam and Reuniclus (similar movepools but different stats) - beyond their typing they don't have much in common at all.
>>
>>33118100
>implying that this changes anything and that one is better than the other by a long shot
What was the IQ of the average poster, again?
>>
>>33117912
Alolawak is just an anomaly of a Pokemon. Weird typing, weird stats, weird abilities, and somehow they all come together to create one of the coolest anti-meta mons of all time.
>>
>>33117912
Chandelure for me personally. I just prefer special attackers in general and with green and blue being the worst two colors to me, the teal flames doesn't help me like it more design wise either while Chandelure is a cool purple or just normal fire if you go for Shiny (which I did, thanks Gen 5 RNG abuse).
>>
>>33117912
Chandelure is more interesting in every way.

Too bad about Shadow Tag. Gotta shill that Gengar.
>>
>>33117912
Alolawak by far. It has an actual role, a good design, and originates from a real gen.
>>
Chandelure is better. Alolan marowak design is ugly and looks like a starving african. Regular marowak is based.
>>
>>33119211
Regular Marowak is garbage, as a design and competitively.

Chandelure and Alolawak are based
>>
>>33117912
They're both good. I prefer Alolawak though, because Shadow Bone is a good move and it's useful competitively

Chandelure is still a Nuzlocke bro though
>>
>>33117912
Chandelure because it looks more like an actual ghost. I don't like this trend of "bipedal living animal with shadow powers = Ghost-type." I wouldn't mind so much if they had done this from the beginning and made original Marowak Ground/Ghost. Now it just feels like a little kid changing the rules in the middle of a game because he wants to make his character cooler.
>>
>>33117912
They're completely different things with ghost type and few attacks as the only thing in common, don't need to compare them, it's like comparing Zapdos and Stunfisk.
>>
>>33117912
Alolawak's design pisses me off because it's just a grayscaled Marowak. It would have been awesome if it was a solid animal skull and bone with a spectral body. That's a cool ghost concept anyway, a spirit coming out of animal remains. But they fucked it up.

Chandelure has a perfect design so I'm going with that.
>>
>>33119334
Might be too skeletony for china though
>>
>>33117912
Chandelure, no question.
>>
>>33119304
Alola Marowak actually works as a bipedal animal with shadow powers, though, unlike Decidueye and Oricorio. Its whole deal is that its mom is dead, so the lore of her coming back as a protective spirit is justified in its design.

I'd also like to bring up that regular Marowak likely wasn't ghost type because GF wanted ghosts in gens I and II to be rare, just like dragons. So it's kind of like that old complaint about Charizard and Gyarados being not-dragons. So it's more of an old mistake that they should have fixed ages ago if they weren't so stuck up about continuity.
>>
File: Mega-Chandelure.png (72KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
Mega-Chandelure.png
72KB, 300x276px
I'm inclined to like Chandelure more seeing as it's my favorite Mon. Used to stomp out a lot of friend's teams with one.

Pic unrelated, shitty mega design for them that makes me sad.
>>
>>33119363
>So it's kind of like that old complaint about Charizard and Gyarados being not-dragons. So it's more of an old mistake that they should have fixed ages ago if they weren't so stuck up about continuity.
Yeah, that's what pisses me off. Gen 3 was a perfect time to retcon some types since it was basically a reboot and Ghost and Dragon were no longer much rarer than Ice (and nowadays they're outright less rare than Ice). Alolan Persian and Raticate also feel like attempts to corrrect a typing they should've had without retconning and it bugs me that Game Freak is so inconsistent with what's allowed to be retconned and what isn't.
>>
>>33117912
Marowak because 1. It isn't a objectmon 2. It isn't from Gen 5 aka Gen SHIT and 3. It's actually useful
>>
>>33118110
We're just souls trapped in meat prisons desu.
>>
>>33117929
The lore makes no sense. If mandibuzz was one of it predators then why the fuck would it change into a type that mandibuzz is se against?
>>
>>33119125
Fuck off genwunner
>>
>>33117912
chandelure, bc gamefreak was too lazy to design an actual fire spinner pokemon, so they slapped fire onto marowak
>>
File: 1480627944925.gif (16KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1480627944925.gif
16KB, 750x750px
>>33119830
>Vullaby/Mandibuzz are not on the same island as Cubone
>website says the Fire-type is to protect it from Grass-type predators
>no Grass-types in the same area as Cubone
>Fomantis/Lurantis isn't found on the same island as Scyther, island scan Leavanny, or any Pokemon it can plausibly be mimicking
>>
>>33119901
>Dex says that Cubone's cries for help are answered by hungry Mandibuzz
>Mandibuzz doesn't show up in SOS calls to attack Cubone
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.