[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I fix it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: alola.png (584KB, 2177x1481px) Image search: [Google]
alola.png
584KB, 2177x1481px
Did I fix it?
>>
>>33115185
Bewear can choke. It deserves NOTHING!
>>
>>33115185
Why the fuck would Crabrawler deserve to have the same BST as Conkeldurr? And adding even more attack to it and then giving it dual STAB priority? The fuck?

And wtf is Dragon Hammer?
>>
>>33115185
What's the point? Of course you buff everything by adding 8 moves and changing all its stats

and then you do tiny things like adding 5 to lycanroc's attack. What do they kill with 120 attack that they didn't kill with 115? what's the point?

Why throw around Morning Sun like that? What part of a generic workhorse suggests it should be able to channel solar energy? How is Toxapex improved with SD? How does Minior benefit from Flame Charge?

Use a light touch
>>
>>33115185
>HA: Guts
that's the most boring thing you came up with
>>
File: 1500331883410.png (414KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500331883410.png
414KB, 848x480px
>>33115185
>no Boomburst on Primarina
Pathetic
>>
>>33115185
also Komala already gets rapid spin
>>
File: dragonhammer.png (358KB, 1067x827px) Image search: [Google]
dragonhammer.png
358KB, 1067x827px
>>33115223
>>
>>33115185
Mimikyu is a physical attacker you retarded, why would it need nasty plot?
>>
>>33115185
Bewear doesn't get Play Rough?
>>
>>33115223
Because it's slow as shit, weak to everything under the sun, and forces you to carry Crabrawler around until the end of the game. Use google.

>>33115231
It's a tiny boost because of their stronger new attacks.
Why does a generic butterfly channel solar energy? Or a pigeon? It gets up early to get to work.
Flame Charge is just thematic. Meme move against some steel types/with Firium Z.
Toxapex isn't supposed to be buffed.

>>33115234
It's also the most fitting given the point of HAs (hint: Dream World). And it's strong as fuck. Flame Orb pod with Leech Life would demolish.

>>33115235
Overpowered.
>>
>>33115231
Alola mons need more than a light touch.
>>
File: 1499228519758.jpg (61KB, 720x592px) Image search: [Google]
1499228519758.jpg
61KB, 720x592px
>>33115281
>It gets up early to get to work.

So you're saying it's ability should be Early Bird?
>>
>>33115300
>should
That's like saying Slaking's ability "should" be Huge Power because it's really strong. Lots of abilities fit lots of Pokemon.
>>
>>33115281
That's not a good reason. AT ALL. Very few non legend non mega fighting types have more than 130 base attack. Crabrawler is one of those few and all it needs are priority dual STAB. Adding more attack and BST to it, especially to match a regional heavyweight makes it broken
>>
>>33115467
Those fighting types also don't have Crabominable's many hindrances. 132 is not enough to threaten the meta with just unboosted/iron fist priority (because that's all it would ever get to use). Why are you riding Conkeldurr's dick so hard? Why shouldn't a literal endgame mon have high BST, especially when you had to drag its shitty first stage all the way through?
>>
>>33115185
You didn't fix Toxepex. Nobody will ever use a physical set seriously.
>>
>>33115503
If your problem is its late evo then make crabrawler evolve earlier lmao. I bet you fell for the VGC intro trailer of Crabrawler being a top meta threat

Conkeldurr having 505 BST is because it was made to be a new gen counter part of Machamp. Not because GF hit the randomizer and called it a day. Conkeldurr was desgined to be the heavyweight of its region, something GF clearly didn't think applicable to Crabominable
>>
>>33115503
Heracross and Breloom have 4x flying weakness

Scrafty and Pangoro have 4x fairy weakness

Toxicroak has 4x psychic weakness

None of them have more than 130 base attack. The other anon is right, OP

And none of them also have BST equal to or higher than 505, which appears reserved for three stager pure fighting types like Machamp or Conkeldurr
>>
>>33115503
base 132 when you have the fantastic offensive combination of ice/fighting is good enough. You're hitting a lot of things for super effective damage. The problem with Crabominable is that its slow and frail and has nothing to circumvent that. a buff to its base attack is the last thing it needs
>>
>>33115527
Making Crabrawler evolve earlier won't make Crabominable not shit. It's just a factor that justifies making the evo strong, like other evos that require investment. In the same vain as Conkeldurr being a trado evo. I'm just using Conkeldurr because it plays a similar role, the exact BST is not that relevant although it should definitely be over 500.

>GF clearly didn't think
What do you think the point of this fucking thread is, you moron? GF clearly didn't think anything this gen should be good except Toxapex, Mimikyu and legends. "Regional heavyweight" is a completely arbitrary distinction that you're pulling out of your ass. Crab is definitely the most endgame fighting type so it stands to reason it should at least be viable, if not the strongest.

>>33115553
Having a 4x weakness =/= being weak to everything. That is a fucking nonsense comparison. Just about everything in the meta can hit Crabominable super effectively and it doesn't have the bulk to survive. Those also have other advantages like better speed, more resistances, better boosting moves, better abilities, etc.

>>33115557
The attack buff is for priority moves, which it would still largely rely on. When shit like Kartana, Lando-T and Ash-Greninja exist, 143 offense is not that much for a slow and frail piece of shit like Crabominable.
>>
>>33115553
Not to mention not even Kommo-o, a pseudo has anywhere near 130 base attack. It only has 110 and its Sp Atk is only 100 and it has 4x Fairy weakness. So yeah, Crabominable just needs the priority and doesnt need the stat buffs
>>
>>33115592
>Crab is definitely the most endgame fighting type so it stands to reason it should at least be viable, if not the strongest.
Ahem >>33115596
>>
>>33115596
Kommo-o is also fucking garbage. It's literally the worst pseudo. Worse than Goodra. Do you seriously think that's a valid comparison? Fucking Komala has higher attack than Kommo-o.
>>
>>33115604
Kommo-o is also a contender, but hilariously enough it's available before Crabominable. It also has better speed, better bulk, Dragon Dance, and build variation. Its problem is the garbage movepool left behind when they pulled Shell Smash, which I tried to alleviate.
>>
>>33115185
Aside from mimikyu this is a surprisingly great list.
>>
>>33115605
No the point is if any gen 7 fighting type needs to be the best it better be the fucking pseudo and not some random ass two stager

>it's available before Crabominable
It's still the damn pseudo
>>
>>33115625
And Kommo-o has lots of redeeming qualities over Crabominable. Its base attack isn't one of them. In fact its lower than most of those other fighting types you listed, so I guess you should bitch about that too.
>>
>>33115185
>Gumshoos
>Trump card
>>
you already fucked up with the first one

swap decidueye's sp. attack with his defense
>>
File: alola.png (644KB, 2177x1481px) Image search: [Google]
alola.png
644KB, 2177x1481px
>>33115324
>>
>>33115185
Give primarina and incineroar reliable recovery too
>>
>>33115852
>Moonlight
>>
I like the changes cause atleast hes not sitting on GFs dick thinking theyre always right. Even they admit they need to buff their old shit cause they have been left unouched for years. Whats sad is they still suck at balancing example A being Ninetails having a bst of 495 while Arcanines is 555 and shit like that. Hopefully with SM they keep buffing stuff up and add the move tutors permantely cause that is also a stupid thing to keep a gimmick after so long.
>>
File: 1499332036982.png (87KB, 945x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499332036982.png
87KB, 945x768px
>>33115185
Thapex doesn't need any fixing in fact it needs a good nerfing because fuck stall and fuck you for buffing her too
>>
>>33115185
Some good some bad

WAY too many random recovery moves
>>
>>33115185
>Mimikyu not weak to WoW

Ubers.
>>
>>33115281
>and forces you to carry Crabrawler around until the end of the game.
It doesn't? You can trade and get the monster in the OP as soon as Crabrawler itself is available.
>>
>>33115185
Berserk should be reworked to boost both attack and sp.attack by one stage if the user switches in after a party member gets KO'd. It would fit Drampa's personality better and could have revenge killing potential.
>>
>>33115185
Change Ribombee's Focus Blast to Aura Sphere. Cutiefly's Pokedex mentions being able to read people's auras.
>>
>>33115674
Why did you think i directed you to that post? Wow the lack of reading comprehension here
>>
>>33115185
Some of these buffs are better than others, but me gusta.
>>
>>33115592
The name may be arbitrary but as you can see with how they built up Conkeldurr's stats, evo line, characteristics, and how it shows up on promotional images/events alongside Machamp, it's pretty clear they were designed with each other in mind
>>
>>33115185
>giving drampa more moves
>>
>>33115185
Let me see if I can fix this up for you.
One thing, don't makeup moves if you're not gonna actually describe them in any way.
That just makes you lazy as all hell.

I agree with some of your ideas about the starters, they do need their stats adjusted to help make them much more friendly for combat. So far, they have very unnecessary padding that doesn't suit them for their current skill sets.

You should look at it that if you gotta add something, you should take something away too. Keep the status quo, so to speak. Avoid leaving a laundry list of level-up moves that people are gonna run through.
Some moves you want them to learn are already TM friendly, making them a moot point, just requires the Pokemon in question to be capable of learning that TM.
Others can be Egg moves, which are completely viable options as well. I noticed that this version has rather understated the use of Egg move options.
That's just some ideas.
Also keep to what they're meant for. Mimikyu is a physical attacker, he doesn't need Nasty Plot. It is just unnecessary padding.

I disagree with the idea of Turtonator's Shell Trap working outside of Contact moves, it was purposefully created even with its Pokedex entry in mind to be treated like a landmine. It'd make sense that non-contact moves won't activate the trap, or would just cause it to fizzle out ineffectively.

Why would Silvary change type with Z crystals, it was experimented on with the plates and made with those cartridges or whatever, that is all it knows. You're basically trying to expect a PC to know how to use Linux hardware. Two different systems.

Just pointing out some inconsistencies.
>>
>>33115185
These are pretty good.

Incineroar tweaks don't really work in my opinion; it's a heel, it shouldn't be pulling Pursuit or Sucker Punch out. Leave the stats alone and give it Slack Off.

Primarina is pretty serviceable without healing or CM, buffs there are overkill IMO.

Sleep Powder Ribombee is overkill

ExtremeSpeed Silvally is also absurdly overkill

otherwise these are pretty good; versatility is really what most of this dex wants
>>
>>33117967
Shell Trap isn't limited to contact moves, it's any physical move, including non-contact. Given this there's no reason not to include special moves.

It doesn't matter how they learn it. Some are obvious TM, some are tutor, others can be level up or egg. Describing where every move comes from is unnecessary padding for the image.

Mimikyu and Toxapex are a joke because they don't need buffs.

Arceus changes type with Z crystals.

Why would I take something away when the whole point is to buff these shitty Pokemon? Did Gamefreak take something away when they gave Masquerain 40 BST?
>>
>>33118049
>heel should be pulling sucker punch
???
>>
File: 1497412680554.gif (1MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497412680554.gif
1MB, 540x300px
>>33115185
>Decidueye gets, wil o wisp and taunt

Why?

I think Decidueye desvers Detect And high-jump-kick
>>
>>33119038
Because those moves are thematic and give it utility. WoW helps it defensively too.

Detect is a worse protect and it's not using a knee kick with those inverted legs.
>>
Most of it seems cool. Komala already learns Rapid Spin too.
I don't think everything should have recover but I like the idea behind indirect damage activating the 50% or below abilities.
Stats probably don't need much of a shuffle either, Pokémon just need to fit their role better.

One of the biggest changes I'd make is to the ability Stakeout, I'd make it "If the opposing Pokémon was sent out after the Pokémon with Stakeout damage is multiplied by 1.5x, all moves also act as Pursuit if this is the case"
>>
>>33119194
Dogs are just thematic. Wishiwashi needs recovery, thematically it would reconstruct itself with fish. Morning Sun has loose distribution, like I said it rises early for work. Rest are pretty straightforward. Most 50% abilities actually do work like that, only Berserk doesn't.
>>
I'm so fucking glad GF doesn't listen to us
>>
File: DG7WSc.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
DG7WSc.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>33118049
>heel shouldn't be pulling Sucker Punch out
>JP name: Surprise Attack
>implying heels don't pull surprise attacks
>>
Orocorio should've been permanent forms, that way it could learn things like ember, psybeam, etc at certain levels based on its form.
>>
>>33119552
It could've been like Rotom where when you change forms it's got a lvl 1 move it offers you every time. Psybeam, Incinerate, Electro Ball and Ominous Wind would've worked. Also learn at level 20-25 or something too for each form.

>>33119239
I think Mudsdale recovery could be Stockpile. It makes sense as a workhorse. The Rest set is already really good I don't think it needs 50% reliable recovery. Same with Wishiwashi, Recover would be so good on that, Stockpile works, as if it's increasing the number of the School and then Swallow uses them to form the School again and Spit Up makes them attack. Maybe a Water type exclusive move would be cool, that Mantine also learns because of its relationship with Remoraid.
I don't think Komala needs Trick Room, that's usually reserved for Psychic types.
Tail Glow is pretty overboard on Vikavolt too.

I like a lot of the suggest additions though.
>>
>>33119742
I don't knwo if you realize how much help these Pokemon need. There is virtually no reason to use Mudsdale over Hippowdon, for one, or Wishiwashi over the plethora of other water types, including Primarina. They're in dire straits.

I figured some entry level psychic moves would fit Komala since it's always in a dreamlike state. Plus random shit like Klinklang learns it. Mantine already has Roost. Vikavolt has to compete with Xurkitree, among others.
>>
>>33120050
> I don't knwo if you realize how much help these Pokemon need.
You're making the mistake that every Pokémon has to be equal, instead of getting moves and stat upgrades that put them on par with the Pokémon that you'd use instead of them, you should be thinking about some ways to make them considered as a team member in spite of being outclassed in x, y or z.
I should want to use Mudsdale over Hippowdon because Mudsdale does something Hippowdon doesn't, not because it's better I'm every way.
But then again, some Pokémon are just going to be outclassed, like gimmick Pokémon or especially early route Pokémon most of the time.
>>
>>33119239
>thematically it would reconstruct itself with fish
Heal Order?
>>
>>33115185
>giving Mimikyu Nasty Plot
I mean, that would make it useful for Baton Pass sets potentially, but why? Mimi is the best and one of the only physical ghosts.
>>
>>33115185

Wishiwashi gets Defend, Heal and Attack Order.

Mudsdale gets Slack Off or Milk Drink

Araquanid gets Mud Sport and Recover
>>
>>33115185
No
>>
>>33121184
I thought about those but the dexes all mention "underlings" when the wishis are presumably equal.
A workhorse slacking off doesn't make sense. I'm all for Milk Drink distribution but unless Ampharos and Camerupt get it I don't see it.
Recover doesn't really make sense for Araquanid. It's given to psychic types (brain function?), animals that regenerate IRL like lizards, starfish and slugs, and things made mostly of liquid like avalugg and cryogonal. Porygon can rearrange its pixels, Accelgor can weave more silk to repair itself, etc. Not seeing it for Araquanid.

>>33120112
I didn't say equal, but viable. That's just how Pokemon works, there's no reason to use something purely outclassed that offers no niche over its competition. Early route shouldn't have a bearing on competitive, there are avenues to expand viability after story mode like HAs, move reminder, tutors, egg moves, late game TMs, etc.
>>
>>33122185
>Early route shouldn't have a bearing on competitive
Crabrawler is early route and yet you have an extreme need to make it incredibly powerful. Do note other early route mons like Charjabug also evolve really late so which is it?
>>
>>33122536
I buffed them both, and that's consistent with what I said, early route doesn't mean they need to stay shit.
>>
File: masuda (2).png (236KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
236KB, 336x418px
>>33115185
>>
>>33122590
Sure jan
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.