[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon TCG/O General: Shaymin Forever, Lele Never Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 45

File: Shaymin-EX.XY.188.17453.png (917KB, 570x797px) Image search: [Google]
Shaymin-EX.XY.188.17453.png
917KB, 570x797px
Sent to the Lost Zone >>33076870

New?
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>https://pastebin.com/XDU1wEnz

TL:DR:
>Complete all Trainer Challenges to get 45 free packs (use Cheat Engine's speedhack to speed up AI games [http://www.cheatengine.org])
>Play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play.
>Farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets.
>Enter tournaments to get TRADABLE chests and packs.
>DON'T OPEN THEM.
>Trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

What themedeck should I buy?
>Buy the Lunala one. Solgaleo upgrades into something cheap and decent ( >>32879775 ) but is worse on it's own.

Resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/
>http://pkmncards.com/advanced/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the forums in the trading section. Trading companies overprice cards, aim lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Bots will snatch plain text or uncovered QRs.
>Ask for emails and send em individually.
>Post your pulls or your mom dies in her sleep.
>>
File: 14139.jpg (666KB, 1154x1600px) Image search: [Google]
14139.jpg
666KB, 1154x1600px
First for ded thred
Hopefully this general will have more life once Burning Shadows actually releases.
Also secret first for Lele, Shaymin is a fag
>>
>>33114936
It's getting a reprint in an $80 promo box along with a bunch of other fullarts including N.
>>
Sweet, Volcanion on the ladder. Been meaning to try out that deck, and post-rotation would be a good time for it.

>>33114936
It got a reprint in Best of XY as an alternate art. Means it keeps the same legality as Roaring Skies Shaymin, and will leave Standard just the same. We'll be getting it in a box along with the rest of the new Best of XY full arts, and the Jirachi promo full art.
>>
>>33114774
Really liking these alternate Full Arts especially Shaymin.
>>
33m get guy from last thread show me the post
>>
>>33115243
Literally go to the banished zone you repeating numeral autist.
>>
>>33115271
Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>33114902
Literally my second pack.
>>
So the article on pokebeach describing the product was really vague. So are all of the cards in the box going to be alternative arts or are they going to be SM promos and fuck up the format?
>>
>>33115654
They're going to be alternate arts, like with the Mega Powers box.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yellow_A_Alternate_cards_(TCG)
>>
File: 20170724_155230.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_155230.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Pulls from 3 boxes of Shining Legends.

2nd and 3rd boxes both had Rayquaza and Jirachi as the shining cards, just fuck my shit up.
>>
>go to prerelease
>pull FA Golisopod and Sophocles
>bonus packs has a RA Golisopod

Guess I know what deck I'm building.
>>
Gonna re-ask since my last post wasted a hexa-get.

Are there any cards that function similarly to Team Magma's Camerupt and Blacksmith? I wanna try out something other than a fire deck.
>>
>>33115743
Quad Metagross and VikaBulu are probably the closest analogues with any degree of viable playability.
>>
>>33115865
We all play it. It's not dead at all.
I would say pokemon Go is dead, but they just had an event the other day and their numbers boosted close to launch, though still no trading even though it was advertised as a main feature. At least they did eventually add in the legendary raids also advertised.
>>
>>33115865
I attended the largest prerelease I've ever been to. I'd say the game is more alive now than it was all during XY.
>>
>>33115682
Anon, do they look like the Neo Destiny Shinings? It looks like they do, but it's hard to tell with a picture.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (197KB, 875x1441px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
197KB, 875x1441px
>>33116243
I don't have any Neo shinings to compare them to unfortunately, but the Pokemon on the cards have a really neat reflective holo effect on them, and they're slightly textured too.

Here's a closeup of the Jirachi.
>>
>>33116302
Thanks, anon.

I was afraid there would be nothing in common besides the "Shining" in their names, but looks like they did a great job. It's a bit more colorful than the Neo ones, but it seems close enough.
>>
Does anyone know what the full art is of this Versus ladder? I was trying to find it posted in the usual spots. but I was unable to find anything.
>>
>>33116564
Teammates.
>>
File: IMG_20141226_225104.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141226_225104.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>two and a half years ago, Christmas Eve
>went to town two hours away and got drunk for the first time @ 17
>opened a pack of Pokémon cards. Never played the game before and snap pic related
>put it away somewhere but can't remember because I wasn't sober
>recently remembered I once pulled this now that I play and am curious on its value
>averages $25 online

Jesus Christ, where did I put it?
>>
>>33115918
I think honestly the players for go are typically the turbo autists or the very very odd casuals.

Most people have dropped the game due to no features, frustration at the customer service/constant outages, and the loss in fad.

I have a friend who plays it now but pretty much everyone else I knew who played it has dropped it. It really should die since Niantic fucking botched the shit out of what should've been an easy cash grab.

>>33116173
TCG is still alive and kicking, which is nice. The pre-releases I've gone to have been consistently the size of Evolutions I've found.
>>
>>33116699
Shaymin EX and your EX are totally different.
That one in pic is literally worthless, maybe a 5 dollar card.

Shaymin EX with setup is a 25 dollar or so card but spiked once at around 50 until recently.
>>
>>33116699
oh, wait, I looked up the wrong version since I didn't look at my pic ref.
Oh, who cares. S'all good
>>
>>33116701
>The pre-releases I've gone to have been consistently the size of Evolutions I've found.
How was the Evolutions pre-release? Happy newbies and people who had played for a while saying "meh" since Rvolutions set was not very functional?
>>
>>33116786
Evolutions was a lot of people joining for nostalgia, pretty much an older crowd with a few kids. It's still basically this but a lot more kids are going to pre-releases now.

I actually joined briefly before evolutions myself physically speaking, was mainly digital before then.
>>
>>33115699
Im calling it now that i get literally nothing from both of my prereleases. Almost running on 2 years or getting nothing better than a single regular ultra rare. Seeing multiple people get secret DCE in GUR prerelease was murder on my soul
>>
>>33114774
I Need help on the collecting terminology.
Complete Set = Collecting all the cards in a set from Booster Packs.
Master Set = Collecting all the cards in a set from Booster Packs PLUS Reverse Holos.

Is there a term for Collecting all the cards in a set plus Reverse Holo AND the additional cards from a set? ie: Evolution prerelease promos, League Cup promos, Store Exclusive promos, etc.
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1280x747px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1280x747px
>>33114774
Sorry for the shitty quality, but I managed to get a couple of packs, and in the second one I got a Yvetal BREAK. I have no idea what that means.
>>
>>33117906
industrial grade autism?
>>
Hey guys, I don't have any experience with buying from Japan, but I'm considering buying the shining cards from the SM3+ expansion.

Where is the best place I could get them? Preferably someone selling the whole set of shining would be better. Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
File: annyoign.png (978KB, 1028x567px) Image search: [Google]
annyoign.png
978KB, 1028x567px
>>33114774

I'm so fucking annoyed I have now 3 lele's

and I can't trade any of them >:( I just got them all in 21 packs, terrible felling, not even baiting
>>
Would a AR (Augmented Reality) Pokemon Trading Card game for mobile work?

Imagine Pokémon tcg for the game boy but in real life
>>
>>33114774

>buy a Guardians Rising pack on a whim
>rip a physical Hyper Lele
>QR pull was a dud

too bad my ptcg scene fucking sucks. the only league that actively has a following near me is more than an hour away and meets on sundays. Meh. At least rainbow lele bae bae retains value for at least another two years.
>>
Can anyone tell my why (day) Lycanroc-GX in Burning Shadows? I'm really disappointed. It's the only GX mon I got from prereleases and it happens to be the only one reprinted from the previous set.
>>
>>33118465
I'd imagine that like an anime similar to YGO.
>>
File: BS.png (216KB, 662x436px) Image search: [Google]
BS.png
216KB, 662x436px
*Waits*
>>
>>33118488

see it's bullshit like this that making me think i should just buy singles instead of boxes this time. only 3 out of the 10 GXs are playable(maybe Marshie GX but he is getting tinned), Golden DCE isn't tempting enough, and Guzma is the only FA trainer worth pulling.
>>
How much are the SR Item cards worth? I pulled a full-art Field Blower from Guardians Rising and don't intend on collecting SR items.
>>
>>33118554

SR Field Blower is currently going for $20-$25 on eBay.
>>
>>33118671
That's a smart way of finding out. Thanks anon.
>>
What are the odds of the TCG putting out promo Leles? What about ladder reward Leles?

I liquidized all my stuff that will be rotating out in September and invested in FA Leles. I am pondering if it will be optimal to trade them off for packs with this new set, get what I want from the new set then trade the packs for packs in the following set or try to save them for the set after Shining legends to liquidize which has a lot of pokes that I really love.
>>
>>33118554
pokegoldfish
average $27 on Ebay
>>
>>33118513
You should always buy singles if you want to build a deck. Packs are for Resellers/Children/Idiots

>>33118810

We just had a Promo Shaymin-EX announced coming out 2 months after rotation. Don't expect a Lele anytime soon.
>>
>>33116699
>>33116717
That is a legendary treasures ex, shaymin ex and meloetta ex from Legendary Treasures are the jokes exs you use to rip people off. very likely you threw it away because nobody would want it, not back then and not now.

>>33118810
Lele would hold a decent value. Shaymin promo never happened until just now. Even for selling Shaymin when rotation was announced it is a solid hold versus many other cards. The risk/reward in value is simple. Lele could always rise as the set gets older because of its interaction with ultra ball and is a decent attacker, but the packs themselves will always be just 1 pack maximum.
With the new set it will be tough to get packs for a fair price so you have to prepare for that. The new packs are highly coveted on release day so it could pay off on picking up cheap cards that nobody else is gunning for even if you sell your lele for like 8 burning shadows. Figure out your profit margin and market niche. If you rely solely on tapu lele for the new pack in 10 day you will face a lot of others who are desperate to undercut each other who likely have larger stock of Lele (or just really dumb). When the new set kicks in you could just wait the week out on picking anything up to let the prices settle from hype which is the safer choice.

Either way if you can be active for release day you can pick up stuff pretty cheap with those packs. possibly pick up celebi prime, computer search, tropical beach very cheap with the new pack for example. Up to you on how much time and energy you invest
>>
When will some expansions from BW rotate from expanded? The number of sets in that format is ridiculous, and the faster Night March leaves, the better.
>>
>>33115682
Beautiful, anon.
>>
>>33118297
Can anyone help me out with this?
>>
What is the FA card of the Ladder?
>>
>>33122175
Sempai and Kohai.
>>
>>33122357
thanks f a m
>>
>>33122448
no problem anon-kun
>>
>Get a free random pack from log in or vs ladder prize box
>It's Evolutions or Steam Siege.

I hate those two sets so much.
>>
>>33122501
can we all agree that Evolutions is the worst pack in recent years / ever? just the idea alone is horrible.
>>
>>33122930
I guess Dragonite-ex is nice. But yeah nostalgia bait is whats cool these days for making profit.
Evolutions reminds me of Generations but Generations has decent reprints at least. Not a fan of either honestly.
>>
>>33118476
Sell it to buy like 100 online pack codes.
>>
>>33122930
I genuinely enjoy opening the packs and being able to collect the cards I loved so much as a kid. Those cards from back then are long gone. I agree the cards mostly blow in terms of usability, but I had a really good time building that binder and I like looking through it fondly remembering the beginnings of this hobby. It just makes me happy to see it still so popular and now seeing parents and their kids using it as a bonding tool and playing together. Something the first generation of players would never (or very rarely) get the chance to do, even rarer for any enthusiasm.
>>
>>33122930
I can't figure out why they said "we updated them for current powercreep" but then didn't actually make them competitive with current sets. Like, evolutions cards are so dang bad.
>>
>>33124135
What really pissed me off about evo was that they didn't give us a Hitmonchan deck.
>>
>>33124382
Hit Monahan was in the mewtwo deck.
>>
>>33122930
I wish they actually reprinted base set as it was (besides the trainers, or made them all ace specs)

Really, if what we get is an useless set, it might as well be as faithfull to the original as possible.

It would be fun to be able to use the very first cards in standard again, even if it is just for bragging.
>>
Who will benefit most from Warp Energy getting a reprint?
>>
File: IMG_1399.png (266KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1399.png
266KB, 750x1334px
Releasing same day as ultra sun and moon
>>
>>33124506
Big bug loves more switching options. And makes for an extra failsafe Guzma stalling even under item/ability lock.

>>33124512
I hope the Ultra Beasts introduce some more interesting mechanics rather than being just yet more powerful GXs. Ultra Space stadium, Beast Boost as a passive outside of abilities like Ancient Traits were. "Cannot be played from the hand, can only be played if pulled using a Beast Ball" maybe.
>>
>>33124585
>>33124585
What exactly are ultra beasts? I dont follow the games but apparently aliens?
>>
>>33123974
I still have most of my old cards back from when I used to be really into Pokemon.
Most of them were kept in my binder because my dad kept telling me that they'd be valuable some day.
I just remember wanting to play with them a lot, but never having anyone to play with.
So I made a habit of organizing them, ordering them from type, putting evolutions together, and I always loved having a rare holo card because I loved the shiny look on it.
Now, I still look back at that and kinda wish I can do that again, but I feel like it wouldn't be the same.
If I could get any cards, I would just get the ones I wanted just to have them for a collector's point of view rather than just to play with them.
I would be too afraid to damage them, a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh cards fell to that kind of issue, me overusing them and them just falling to neglect and becoming worn.
Protectors are nice, but cumbersome at times, I think that is why I enjoy the TCGO.
Even though it lacks the physical nature of the game, it has no real danger of you damaging your cards or losing anything major.
>>
>>33124496
I would've loved to have seen Ace Specs continue, and that could've been a nice way to keep them around. It is a shame the entire set was kind of a letdown.

>>33124644
Pseudo-legendaries from an alternate dimension (Ultra Space). Lunala/Solgaleo and Necrozma are arguably under the same category, but not officially.
>>
>>33124405
I mean a non-shit hitmonchan card
>>
File: genesect-xy-promos-xy119.jpg (745KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
genesect-xy-promos-xy119.jpg
745KB, 700x990px
Why can't 5ban put effort into his cards the way PLANETA does?
>>
>>33124655
That's kinda sad, anon. Playing with real cards is a completaly different experience. PTCGO players are jerks more often than not, when people see who they are playing agaist, they tend to be less hostile.

(you remind me of that episode of Friends with the fancy doll house...)
>>
What are the most expensive cards/gamplay/etc?
I know the Victini/Thunderus/Metwo/Deoxys Vivid Sets are the highest value currently. What else? Worlds set? Tropical, PLF SR Ultra Ball, Tropical beach what else
>>
>>33124952
I ran into that issue a lot.
I had a few times that I had to leave just to calm down after particularly difficult games where they got kinda nasty.
There is always a part of me that wants to be into the actual physical part of the experience, play with real people, enjoy being around people, and make friends, but I get nervous... I don't know anyone who plays, I am getting old. I just turned 29.
I feel like I just don't know if I can get into it, if I do, I worry about going into it alone, my anxiety just tears me apart inside over it and I panic over the idea like I become terrified that I will just... I want to play, but everything that is in my brain, my past experiences and shit just seem to hold me back from wanting to try.
I look at Pokemon Center at the theme decks and packs, and at Amazon, but I don't want to spend money on something that I know will just end up wasting away in my dresser or just be put up and forgotten.
>>
>>33125288
I quit pokemon back in 2015. Got back into it because of a friend recently, and our group is interested in playing pokemon. Overall I cannot imagine just going to locals by myself so I understand how you feel. On the anxiety, I always get nervous in tournaments. When thinking of a combo that anxiety can make you mess up key plays. All you can do is just immerse yourself in that situation and conquer it through familiarity. I dont have it as bad. I just have to remember its just a game even if I paid a tournament cost to enter. Realize I wont always win even with the best deck due to draws/counters. Not sure if Theme decks or packs are worth buying for competitive aspect but you start somewhere.
>>
>>33125288
Personally, I can't play the online tcg. I get too mad when I lose, but when I play in person I have fun whether I win or lose. I really hope you get a chance to play with people at an anime con / card shop sometime. It's a much more rewarding and fun experience for me.
>>
>>33125243
>>
>>33125436
Do you get mad because of certain decks like toad/trevenant/donk? Or because you draw Sycamore with 4 DCE and Jirachi Ex as your starter?

I only get mad when my opponent Ns me in standard.They always have it. Or when I am thinking and the player spams "Hello!"
>>
>>33125243
>>33125447
Shit, deleted my post by mistake. SUM Ultra Ball and GR DCE are both solid, Fossil Gem set. I expect FA N to drop in price once the Premium collection comes out in November. Celebi Prime has held pretty solid at around 60-70.
>>
>>33125288
Age is not really an issue, anon. And you can always have fun even if you don't play competitively, you don't have to buy expensive stuff.

It all depends on who are you playing with. In a group of friends, you can agree on which format to play and apply restrictions (like, ban Shaymin and Lele) to reduce costs if that's an issue.

I guess you don't know other players personally, but you (hopefully) have friends. You could show them the game, maybe build a cube, so that you can play with more people even if they don't want to have their own cards.

Or, well, maybe you are making a big deal and it's not something as important as it seems. It's just a game, after all.
>>
>>33124496
I mean, some of them like mewtwo they literally had to change wording to prevent "59 mewtwo 1 energy spam barrier til they inevitably deck before you do" from coming back.
>>
>>33124702
Wasn't it literally the same as the one that ruled tournaments during base? Like basically unedited?
>>
>>33125817
That was literally never a deck, not even for one set. Mulligan mewtwo was a meme from the very beginning that had a 0% chance to win against any deck that wasn't a theme deck.
>>
>>33125900
True. Energy Removal was staple and with item finder it was easy to deny them the barrier eventually.
>>
>>33125394
The hard part for me is that I have no friends to really push me into it, I just only have myself.
I know that it gets tiring to repeat the same old thing, but it feels like I just can't do it on my own.
I thought about things like trying to play cards with people online through webcam or something, but... that might be terrifying too.
I dunno, I just keep thinking of everything that can go wrong.

>>33125436
I have mixed feelings with the online TCG, I like it more than the Yu-Gi-Oh one, but that one feels utterly annoying as fuck.
This feels rather improved in comparison, which is funny for me.
I think the last time I played a real card game in a card shop was... like when I was fifteen which was around back in... god... I think 2003 or so.

>>33125669
Yeah, I feel like I would much rather build a deck of my favorite cards over anything else.
Functional, but still something I like and can imagine that I would want to take with me.
That is always my biggest interest, making a deck of my favorite cards, having everything I always want together and just play with that, but I am just that sort of person.
Of course, I am also the type of person that loves to rebuild decks when I get bored, making something new again and enjoying experimenting on trying new elemental decks at times. Going from past experiences.
>>
>>33125909
>The hard part for me is that I have no friends to really push me into it, I just only have myself.
>I know that it gets tiring to repeat the same old thing, but it feels like I just can't do it on my own.
>I thought about things like trying to play cards with people online through webcam or something, but... that might be terrifying too.
>I dunno, I just keep thinking of everything that can go wrong.
I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you're being a pussy. Six-year olds go to game stores in real life and don't suffer any major consequences. If you don't want to go, that's fine, but don't lie to yourself about how bad you think going to a game store is going to be.

If you want to have friends that play a game, you have to make friends with people that play the game. They are at the game store. If you don't want to make friends or go there, that's fine too.
>>
>>33124512
Keep ya damn phone charged.
>>
I got some extra money, i want to buy some code cards, it'll be my first time getting some.
What expansion should i get them from?
>>
File: 1364520357931.png (437KB, 1067x898px) Image search: [Google]
1364520357931.png
437KB, 1067x898px
>Just bought a spectator's pass for Worlds.

Man, this the second year I've been to Worlds as a spectator. Let's hope this one doesn't disappoint.
>>
>>33126085
Guardian rises trades for the most.

>>33126089
Greninja to finals again and then it gets greninja hands in the finals. Predicting it now. :^)
>>
>>33126085
Guardians Rising.
http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html
>>
>>33126085
Guardians Rising. You could sometimes trade Guardians Rising for 2-4 evolutions pack, sun and moon or other packs. They are great and will hold value because of Tapu lele GX
>>
>>33126094
I mean in terms of side events, I doubt I'll have enough cash to build a Standard-format deck by then.
>>
>>33126101
>>33126097
>>33126094
Alright cool im gonna buy 60
>>
>>33126116
will 60 get me all the staples and cards for a deck or two? or should i get more? i can apparently get many more
>>
>>33126127
60 will easily be enough for all the staples minus Tapu Lele GX. For a really competitive deck in standard format you're going to want at least one or two of those in the majority of decks, and those go for ~22 packs each. With rotation happening in a little over a month, it might be worth skipping over Lysandre and Vs Seeker.
>>
>>33126134
Ok ill get more then. thanks for the info
Ill post a few codes here when they arrive
>>
>>33125288
29 is not too old. 35 here and played my first cardboard for BUS pre-release last weekend. Very fun and I'm going to put an actual deck together and play a real tournament some time.
>>
>>33126199
>>33125288
Honestly, 29 isn't really old at all.

I'm a regular judge and player and I can say the age range of players for tcg is usually around the late 20s, usually college players who now have an income or recent graduates/graduate students who love pokemon and got into the cardgame.

I'm 26 myself and I know lots of people my age that play, some even in their 30s (though a lot of my 30 year old friends play magic).

If you wanna play the tcg and are worried about no one being near your age then you're dead wrong, there is a high kid concentration at pre-releases but at regular leagues it's usually 20+ for the most part with a few kids alongside their parents.
>>
>>33125825
No, it was buffed. Original hitmonchan had 70hp.
>>
>>33126134
now with all the codes i bought, whats a neat deck i could do? I like water pokemon if that's any help
>>
>>33126357
Go to thecharizardlounge.com and go to the decklists. For water I recommend Alolan Ninetails GX.
>>
>>33122930
I don't mind them irl since they're plain nostalgia bait but damn they could have tried harder making the cards not absolute shit.
Online they're pure cancer though since there's no collecting value at least for me.
>>
>>33124912
Because people buy the new sets regardless even when they don't even have anything good in them, at this point designing a single lower rarity card probably costs more than paying 5ban to shit 5 GX cards.
>>
>>33125288
Dude, here in my store is full of 35+ fat neckbeards, nobody at least here really judges you. It doesn't matter if you're a toddler or an old man, you're both spending the whole day playing a silly game so nobody is in the position to criticize anyone.
Even the absolute dudebro looking guy that even wears a cap sideways and needs to have a smoke break at every match doesn't say anything about the matter even when you steamroll him because you happen to have a hard counter to his deck/team.
>>
>>33125288
Last prerelease I played a guy who was probably in his 60s. Mainly because his wife was handling the signups.
>>
>>33126363
Alolan Ninetails GX is a great option. The Guardians Rising Vulpix lets you beacon at no energy cost, which gets you your entire team in the first two turns.
>>
File: tcgo streak.png (13KB, 234x86px) Image search: [Google]
tcgo streak.png
13KB, 234x86px
what's your best winstreak bros?
i'm currently at 14 and cruised through the first part of the ladder with it
>>
>>33126884
I had an 8 game streak going but I got memed on by M Aggron with Fliptini.
>>
>>33118465
I remember some people putting the Pokedex 3D QR codes on pokemon cards in place of the art then fighting them that way.

Like this guy, but not so amatuerish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClXxdxQrmRs

So yes. I think so. I would enjoy it.

Rip the models, animations, and Sound from SuMo, generate some QRs, stick them over the art, then have it keep track of HP and stuff?
I'd enjoy it.
>>
>>33126884
11 playing Ultra Road
Still missing some staple cards like Hala and Lele though.
>>
So... what are Burning Shadows packs expected to go for?
Will they be on par with Guardians or...?
>>
>>33118465
so, I just saw in a GO thread where somebody was talking about GO but with cards, and that actually sounds amazing to me.

Like, basically it's the YuGiOh Duelist Kingdom idea mixed with the PTG GB games.

Spin stops to get cards. Beat gyms for packs. Play against your friends. Trade.

Like, I would be so down for that.
>>
>>33127312
Gonna ride second banana to Guardians rising. Most people are gonna want Gardevoir, but everyone is gonna want Lele.
>>
>>33127431
so, like, 3/4 a GUR? 1/2?
>>
>>33127443
Hard to say, but I would imagine 3/4 just because Gardevoir is going to shape the meta, so that is a selling point and Acerola/Guzma are going to be the backbone to a lot of archetypes.

But none of those really outweigh Lele.
>>
File: 1497404900102.png (28KB, 1255x1507px) Image search: [Google]
1497404900102.png
28KB, 1255x1507px
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-26+at+04.45.20).png (57KB, 424x692px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-26+at+04.45.20).png
57KB, 424x692px
hi i'm green block
i went on a butthurt tangent a week ago after three days of leagues where i'd been paired against literally nothing but drampa/garb in three different stores, all of the lists being run by different players.

lost to only one of them despite that(due to the fucker nutdrawing DCE every time it was bumped off or killed), but it was still turbo cancer and has made me consider totally selling out of the game to go back to MTG

am i justified in my bitching or am i simply being a bitch? will burning shadows fix the gaping wound in our NA standard meta?
>>
>>33129304
Burning shadows will at least bring gardevoir GX, projected to be tier 1 and very good against garbodor due to twilight GX, and marshadow which is a neat attacker in basic deck to destroy drampa early.
Rotation will also remove magma base, which means drampa will have a hard time going berserker turn 2; it will have to rely on elixirs or rainbow energies, which means it's gonna be less consistent/more item heavy or not possible at all to get the 150/180 turn 2.

So maybe suck it up for now, and see for yourself in a month or two?
>>
>>33126089
Hope you enjoy all the diverse garbodor :^)
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-26-23-05-04.png (915KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-26-23-05-04.png
915KB, 1280x800px
Rate My crazy bad deck
>>
>>33129950
>three different Trubbishes.
You monster.
>>
>>33130000
Makes hands more appealing
>>
What about Burning Shadows is so special?
>>
>>33130103
Shadows that burn, have you ever seen a shadow burning?
I think that's pretty special
>>
>>33130103
Notable Pokémon:
Golisopod-GX
Ho-Oh-GX
Necrozma-GX
Marshadow-GX
Darkrai-GX
Gardevoir-GX
Noivern-GX
Alolan Ninetales
Darkrai
Diancie

Meme Pokémon:
All the other GXs, I guess
Butterfree
Gyarados
Toxicroak
Dusknoir
Seviper
Lucario
Crabominable
Weavile
Porygon-Z
Vileplume

Notable Trainers:
Acerola
Guzma
Kiawe
Po Town
Wishful Baton
Bodybuilding Dumbbells

Meme/mediocre Trainers:
Plumeria
Sophocles
Wicke
Lana
Mount Lanakila
Rotom Dex Poké Finder Mode

Trainer reprints:
Escape Rope (Normal and SR)
Super Scoop Up (Normal and SR)
Weakness Policy (Normal and SR)
Choice Band (SR)
Multi Switch (SR)
Rescue Stretcher (SR)

SR Energy:
Fire Energy
Darkness Energy
Fairy Energy

This is just my own list, so I might've missed some cards, alternatively placed them in the wrong notable/meme category.
>>
>>33130103
Its new
>>
>>33130320
>Bodybuilding Dumbbells
>+40 HP on stage 1 pokemon

Now to put those or Choice bands in my Ninetales deck.
>>
>>33130406
thing is, choice band is a guaranteed +30 on the turns you use it, while the dumbbells can be discarded without helping you at all
>>
Pulled a Rainbow Lycanroc and a normal rare Tapu Lele from dollar store packs today. These things must have a better GX rate than normal packs right?
>>
>>33129304
>>33129690

Drapma gets Po Town. It's actually better as it can math fix 210 HP pokemon if they can't bounce the stadium.

There are decks that can and do beat Garb. Every one hates every scrub picking up and playing a deck that can get wins on other scrubs; Remember Nightmarch but, the Meta Adapts. Non-X attackers like Zoroark or Vespiquen. Tanks like Metagross, Walls like Ninetales. And now nukes like Gardevoir all have respectable match-ups against garb.

It's been said here before. Rotation already happened when GUR came out. Old decks are no longer top tier or even playable and new decks pave the way for a new meta.
>>
File: Huntail:Regirock.png (385KB, 696x427px) Image search: [Google]
Huntail:Regirock.png
385KB, 696x427px
how to improve without Lele?
>>
>>33130737
why is it so small I don't know.
>>
>>33130737
>>33130776
You need a full art Ninja Boy.
>>
What are your thoughts on Mono-Talonflame?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-k0NE4A_7k

Cheap meme?
>>
Anyone else the only person at their prerelease to pull nothing?
>>
>>33130737
>>33130776

Golduck BREAK

your deck already exists in theory over in japan, they run a 3/3/1-2 line of golduck with golduck break(one or two- it generally sticks to field the first time you evolve into it) to deal early knockouts, discard energy for patch while building a backline out of either Lapras or Wishiwashi-GX

golduck break keeps energy on the field and moves it around for abuse with lapras' attack, wishiwashi's bazooka GX, etc

not even a meme deck, it top 8's quite frequently overseas. golduck hits a perfect 120 to delete trash off the board when you sit across from some no-skill faggot cloning Tord's deck for the billionth time
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-09+at+11.13.49).jpg (188KB, 796x548px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-09+at+11.13.49).jpg
188KB, 796x548px
>>33130737
>>33130776

this is the completed theory behind your deck. huntail is a shitty primarina, and primarina is a shitty darkrai. don't play a worse version of a better deck - make it into its own niche instead
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-26+at+09.36.46).jpg (401KB, 992x954px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-26+at+09.36.46).jpg
401KB, 992x954px
>>33130737
>>33130776

lol misclick, used to seeing ptcgo backdrops on thumbnails when posting
>>
>all the western US Regionals are expanded bar Portland

Well shit, now I won't get as many chances to play Metagross since everyone wants to test Expanded.
>>
Can someone explain promo Regirock to me?
>>
>>33130406
defensive items are very sketchy in a meta with tool removal. FFB was only so good because it was the only damage item and there was no way to remove it.
>>
>>33131429
IIRC it was used in some slow ass decks to protect resources when hammers were more popular.

Thank God garb killed hammer cancer.
>>
>>33118503
Cant wait. I just collect though, I dont battle irl or in the ptcgo.
>>
>>33131429
Promo Regirock is a basic Pokémon with the Ancient Trait Omega Barrier, which means that it's immune to Trainer cards such as Lysandre, Field Blower, Cruching Hammer, etc. It can be useful in decks such as Xerneas BREAK and Darkrai-EX that rely on having a lot of energy out. Since it's immune to your opponent's Trainer cards, it can't get dragged out and sniped, making it safer to pile on a bunch of energy on it. It's also a basic, so you don't need to waste deck space on any preevolution. Primal Clash Electrike is also a basic with Omega Barrier, but it has much less HP so it's more vulnerable to bench damage, which Omega Barrier doesn't prevent.
>>
>>33132001
Doesnt regirock promo rotate out of standard
?
>>
I've been out of the TCG for a while, but am interested in getting cards again. Where are the best places to get physical cards--both in bulk (boxes of boosters) and individual cards?
>>
>>33132248
That guy you know. I get boxes for $80 and codes for $.30 from my guy I know.
>>
Are there any sites I can go on to check tournament results from Japan?
>>
>>33131407

>no Philadelphia Regional this year

SIGH
>>
So whenever I open ptcgo the window is tiny and the picture is is blurred. Did this update affect anyone else like this?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-26-22-02-05.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-26-22-02-05.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Is this a good deal?
>>
>>33132365
Mmm Bacon
>>
>>33132365
I mean, i've only ever eaten level 1 bacon, so it must be super rare.
>>
>>33132365
>>33132379
>>33132393
shitty meme
>>
>>33132365
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p286233.html
>>
>>33132402
Not everything is a meme fucko, I'm more showing off how retarded craigslist/offerup can be
>>
>>33132411
Literally send yourself to the lost zone wacko jacko.
>>
>>33132411
Calling Bagon "bacon" is a meme though.
>>
Is there any proof that the matchmaking isn't biased as fuck? I go days barely seeing a single person using water decks, I start using Volcanion today and I get back to back Greninjas and Keldeo/Manaphy/Glaceon decks.
>>
>>33132704
There is no proof that it IS biased. But yes that will happen. Basically the argument is that it is harder to program a way to fuck over players/specific cards than it is to just make it random. You decide for yourself.

Personally I dont believe the game is truly randomized and I had this suspicion since 2014. I dont have proof though.
>>
>>33132741
If I were writing the program I'd have the client look at the weakness and bias matching high Elos against their weakness at lower Elos if a large rank disparity is inevitable.
>>
>>33132748
>look at the weakness
>He has shaymin ex in his zygarde/carbine deck, better match him with a raichu

No
>>
>>33132776
Of course it would weigh them by prevalence.
>>
>>33132819
Shaymin is in way more decks than zygarde, what are you talking about?
>>
>>33114774
Which ace spec should an Archie's Keldeo use? he only ones I ever see are Computer Search and Life Dew.
>>
>>33132877
Weighted within the deck. The grass:lightning weakness in that deck would be, what, 10:1?
>>
>>33132883
Computer Search is a near guaranteed Archie's resolution if you open it. Never seen a Archies deck use life dew however
>>
>>33132898
I mean ever, not just in Archie's.
Thanks duder.
>>
>>33132889
There are still a lot of ways that ends up wonky, especially things that evolve into types they're not.

First that comes to my mind is the SolgaleoGX deck that I've been playing.
Comsog/em is psychic weak, but Solgaleo is resistant. In order to evolve up though, I need a 4-4-4 chain, which means 8-4 I look psychic weak.
>>
>>33132902
Its pricey but computer search is the best pick by far.
>>
>>33132911
Thanks.
I don't mind paying a bit for cards if they're almost guaranteed to keep their value.
>>
>>33132904
It ends up wonky, but it's better than throwing the lower Elo guy to the wolves.
>>
>>33132918
but if you weight the match in their favor, it makes ELO no longer a good evaluation of ability.
>>
>>33131358
this is now a completely different deck. Huntail is a shittier Primarina because it gives less prizes up and is easier to get out, and attacks for more damage for less cost. So not really all that much shittier. The theory behind the deck is to trade off one prize attackers early for ramping damage later, nothing like the Waterbox you've posted. Thanks tho.

>>33131429
to add to previous, it can't even get Field Blower'd so it's a safe haven for Exp Shares. Nothing sweeter than watching your opponent attempt to Lysandre it and blowing their supporter for the turn.
>>
I'm looking forward to trying to land a Mew FAC, Unfezant ROS and Necrozma GX combo to one shot those Leles, Bulus and Shaymins. Shame it'll be expanded only after a few weeks.
>>
>>33132365
It'd be fun if every single pokémon card had a shiny variant that would be printed once every time 8191 normal cards get printed.
>>
>>33133652
Are you being sarcastic or not? I don't know enough about this TCG to tell, and those odds seem far too low to be referring to reverse holos.
>>
>>33114774
Is Elo tracked separately in each format? I just lost like twenty theme matches trying to complete a "knock 5 out" challenge, I don't have the card base or packs just to build Espygarb.
>>
>>33133696
I know it'd be absolute hell for 100% collectors, but no, I'm serious. Finding a card with a shiny palette swap would be so hype.
>>
>>33133652
>>33133741
Oh shit, you mean shiny Pokemon, not shiny cards. Took me a while.
>>
File: tcgo streak.png (12KB, 246x81px) Image search: [Google]
tcgo streak.png
12KB, 246x81px
still going boys
>>
File: tcgo streak.png (11KB, 241x80px) Image search: [Google]
tcgo streak.png
11KB, 241x80px
>>33134214
20 FeelsGreatMan
wish the ladder had better rewards so i could take better advantage of this streak, feels good nonetheless!
>>
>>33130776
How can you afford two regirocks but no lele?
anyway:

Wishiwashi doesn't sound worth it, especially as one-of.
2 rescue strecher and 1 super rod sounds overdone, and with Regirock collecting all the energies of your dead Huntails, I don't think you need the energy recovery either. I'd remove the Rod. If you're afraid of early energy loss because of Sycamore, you can have a 1-1 split of Stretcher/Super Rod, or go with 2 Super Rod to be more deliberate with Ultra Ball should you add some.
Switch sounds useless with Manaphy, I'd go with either Olympia or Field Blower (so you can remove a potential Garbotoxin's item and make Manaphy work again).
Lillie doesnt sound worth it, especially without Lele.
Is Kukui worth it? Feels like you'd rather use Sycamore/N early game, and by the late game, you'll have enough energies on board to not resort it if you find a Choice Band instead.

Cards I'd consider adding if I were you:
- Teammates; really amazing imo in those combo/frail attackers decks, it'll help you to find your combo pieces and stream attacker every turns.
- Oricorio, helps vs Vespiquen and still fits the 1 energy attacker theme of your theck.
- Ultra Ball, just too good to pass up in general.
- Double Colorless, it makes you reach higher damages faster and you can just stick them on Regirock. In a pinch, you can use them with Huntail.
- More count of Sycamore, you don't have Lele so you wanna draw into your supporters ASAP.
- More count of Trainer's Mail, you're going to race Garbodor decks anyway, and Mail will help you find your supporters/combo pieces/items. It also helps to find the Elixirs early and get as much energies on board as possible.

Overall, based on personnal preferences:
- 1 Wishiwashi
- 1 Aqua patch
- 1 Rescue Stetcher
- 1 Switch
- 1 Lillie
- 1 Kukui
- 1 Water Energy
+ 1 Teammates
+ 2 Sycamore
+ 2 Double Colorless
+ 2 Ultra Ball

If the energy ramp is fast enough, you can try to fit a Field Blower over a DCE.
>>
>>33133626
That combo doesn't work
>>
>>33134534
It works fine with Primal Clash Spinda, why wouldn't it work with Necrozma?
>>
>>33134284
what deck you play?
>>
File: landogarb.png (804KB, 913x571px) Image search: [Google]
landogarb.png
804KB, 913x571px
>>33134578
>>
File: IMG_1434.png (160KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1434.png
160KB, 750x1334px
>>33114774
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/shhthese-cards-are-just-between-us/
>>
File: Smug Autist.png (182KB, 307x228px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Autist.png
182KB, 307x228px
>Defending blingfags
>>
>>33135617
>>33135756
>TPCi promoting their rare cards to sell them to stupid kids who will spend the money of their parents in packs with the illusion of getting some shiny cards.

Nothing wrong here.
>>
>>33135794
We all know their interests, anon.

It's just they didn't even try to be subtle.
>>
>>33133702
Theme is really "who drew better" its difficult to play out of a hand of 7 basic energies

>>33134738
hows you snorlax matchup?
>>
>>33136554
do you mean that snorlax/lugia deck? only snorlax i faced so far
>>
>>33134414
Oh I can afford Lele, I have four, I just am trying not to put two prizes on the bench if it can be avoided. Manaphy only comes out to play if I get stuck starting Regirock or Wishiwashi - he is more easily found via the stadium than the switch card. Wishiwashi is mostly in there for late game ninja boy antics. For if I need to hit some ridiculous numbers that I can't ramp to with just the Huntail.

Solid advise on the rest of it. the Rod & Aqua Patch are really only there for if I get stuck discarding too much energy early but they could be shed for some more useful cards. Aqua & Kukui are just for the surprise one turn ramping damage boost when my opponent thinks I can't get high enough.

I will play with it some.
>>
>>33115617
wew lad
>>
File: 20170727_200030.jpg (17KB, 132x119px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_200030.jpg
17KB, 132x119px
>Tfw can't go to world's this year.
>>
Why is volcanion so expensive? Cant get them for 1 pack.
>>
>>33138703
Guzma and Kiawe.
>>
Should I cut my losses and trade off my shaymins now? I haven't been playing since SM came out.
>>
>>33138979
Worst time to trade them. They're still played in expanded, the price will rise steadily after rotation.
>>
>>33138951
Wow guess I am behind on the curve. what else is spiking up?

>>33138979
Keep your playset for expanded. Try to sell any extras then when rotation hits buy them for cheaper. They will tank in rotation but will only go up from there.
>>
>>33138994
>>33139011
Fair enough. I'll just be patient then.

Any decks in the same kind of style as nightmarch/vespiquen in the post rotation standard?
>>
>Killing a Glaceon EX with Ninetale's GX move because its moving damage counters not straight damage

ehehehe
>>
Places you wish Worlds would be hosted in.
>>
>>33139040
Shouldn't that not work?
>>
>>33139100
Why not?
>>
>>33139100
Glaceon-EX only prevents damage from attacks, not effects of attacks.
>>
>>33139035
Cheap one prize heavy hitter? Garb/Trev. Punish them for playing items, punish them for not playing items.

>>33139100
Damage prevention as an effect only protects against base damage, the number next to the attack, not effects of attacks. Ninetales GX move shifts the damage as an effect of the attack.
>>
>>33132704
Piggybacking off of this, if I'm using a deck and going up against lots of cancerous GreninjaBREAK, Volcanion, and Darkrai decks, does that mean my deck is hovering below or around that tier?
>>
>>33139122
Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
>>
>>33139131
>volcanion
>cancerous
>>
>>33139122
ooh thats exactly the kind of shit I'm looking for.
How much are Leles going for? I remember seeing the trades for her a bit ago and haven't opened the game since.
>>
>>33139174
22 for RA 24 for FA.
I think two packs is worth the pretty, especially when it accounts for <+10%, rather than the +25% or +50% most cards see jumping from RA to FA.
>>
>>33139210
How much is Rainbow version?
>>
>>33139220
http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html
>>
>>33139174
Online, about 22 GR packs on average, few more for for the full art, another ten or so for the rainbow rare. Physical card, a little under $40 maybe. It's also worth throwing a Drampa GX and some Rainbow Energy in there, hitting 150 (180 with a Choice Band) for two attachments and the only prerequisite being damage on the bench is pretty handy. I've still had some luck playing Tauros GX instead, but that is easier to play around than Drampa.
>>
>>33139234
Yeah no 35 GRI does not get me Tapu-Lele RR since 2 weeks ago. Thanks for trying though.
>>
I wish this challenge was take prize cards with water pokemon rather than knock outs because everyone is playing ex/gx meaning I am getting at most 3 a match.
>>
I know that theme decks are rarely good but holy shit are these new decks hot trash after the latest ones.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rock_Steady_(TCG)
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Alolan_Ninetales_Theme_Deck_(TCG)

Who is going to play these even in the theme deck format? WHO ARE THESE EVEN FOR WHY IS IT THAT THE MAIN POKEMON OF ONE OF THE DECKS HAS A MOVE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEME DECKS? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.
>>
>>33139351
Yeah that immunity to EX and GX is gonna come in real handy in Theme. It's almost like they just tossed it in so you get two free Ninetales out of the deck. Would have looked less bad if they centered the deck around Kingdra though.
>>
>>33139122
>Garb/Trev
Do you have a list for that?
>>
>>33139351
Hey, no incomplete evo lines in either. That's a first.
>>
>>33139396
https://pastebin.com/6mJqs6yk
Here's what I run, but ymmv. Obviously gonna need some tweaks post-rotation, -Trainers' Mail -VS Seeker, probably +Acerola +Puzzle of Time.
>>
>>33139462
>>33139396
Does sound fun.
>>
>>33139393
250 coins/Nonetails isn't bad
>>
>>33139351
>Ninetales
>Useless ability in format
>80 damage 3 energy
>110 HP

>Lycanroc
>30 damage 2 energy
>100 damage 3 energy
>110 HP

Nothing wrong there!
>>
>>33139251
try harder
>>
>>33139834
What?
>>
>>33139864
I mean, trading the packs for the lele
>>
>Another sandcastle mon, but in GX form
>>
>>33140088
And he is still fucking trash.
>>
>play Gyarados
>no karps
>N
>three karps, no base
>get Ned
>two bases, no karps
>N
>repeat
>>
>>33140791
>opening hand
>the wrong basic, two sycamores, three vs seekers, DCE
>>
>>33140791
How in the fuck did that Gyarados deck win? Too many combo pieces just to hit 210 for gxs. Like if you dont open team magmas base GG.
>>
>>33114774
>challenge has everyone and their mom using greninja
What's that deck's worst matchup?
>>
>>33141182
Decidueye vileplume. Item lock and snipe the basics. If greninja pops out swing with decidueye.
>>
>>33140901
(prizes) + (hits to KO) = n
For a competitive deck the main attacker's n must be equal to or less than 3. Gyarados is about 1.5.
>>
>>33141195
Fugg, I'm new and all I have are a Volc deck and a Solgaquaza deck.
Guess I'll just try for Ninetails so I can get those KO's and have a good deck that will also survive rotation.
>>
>>33141207
Yeah I was using Volcanion and was leading with 3 KOs because those froakie and frogadiers are slow as molases but then he started to spam shadow stitching and I could no longer 1 shot any of his greninja break and lost with 1 prize left.
>>
>>33141226
I usually only win Volc v Greninja when I can donk a Froakie or a Talonflame.
>>
>>33141207
Ugh, this really plays against my dislike against using legendaries...
>>
>>33141397
Solgadude costs 10 packs and Volc costs like 15, minus the Leles. They're good starter decks.
>>
File: Guzma.png (8KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
Guzma.png
8KB, 300x310px
Going to prerelease tomorrow. Tips?
>>
>>33141649
For the draft itself? Seviper is a trap and all your matches will be balanced around everyone having Vileplume on their bench turn three.
>>
>>33139351
I think I might wanna get Rock Steady just for the Pokemon in that.
So far, I like everything I see in it, nothing about it looks too far bad, and I like the Meowstic.
>>
Pallosand-GX is awful, Machamp-GX is awful, Day Lycanroc is not great and Night Lycanroc is niche at best. Why is fighting getting such shitty GX cards?
>>
>>33142154
SM4 Hariyama GX 300HP
>>
>>33142154
Even if they were viable, they still fall victim to having some or the worst weaknesses right now and not many great tools or support.
>>
>>33141649
How do sneak peaks work? Do you get to bring your own energy?
>>
File: Palossand-GX-Promo-1.jpg (120KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
Palossand-GX-Promo-1.jpg
120KB, 496x693px
[F][C][C] Eerie Light: 60 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.
[F][F][C][C] Life Absorb: 100 damage. Heal 20 damage from this Pokemon.
[F][F][C][C] Sand Fear-GX: 60x damage. Look at the top 13 cards of your opponent’s deck. Discard as many Pokemon you find there as you like. This attack does 60 damage for each Pokemon you discarded. Your opponent shuffles the remaining cards back into their deck. (You can only use 1 GX attack per game.)
>>
File: Latias-Promo.jpg (81KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
Latias-Promo.jpg
81KB, 496x693px
Ability: Flight Support
All of your Latios have 0 Retreat.
[P] Mist Gale: 30 damage. Heal 30 damage from each of your Benched Pokemon.
>>
>>33142508
Hey that's pretty good
>>
>>33142508
It seems slow as hell, but that GX attack is really interesting. I'm really liking how PCL is trying out very different concepts with these, rather than "hur hurr big dommage"
>>
>>33142785
If it costed one fighting energy less the GX attack would make it semi-splashable.
As is the whole card's just fucking bad
>>
IS there a deck that shits on lapras fuckers? I fucking hate people playing it and I just want to wipe the smile from their faces.

I wish based tree was still legal in standard
>>
>>33142541
are you high? It's on par with Kommo'o as the worst GX card yet.
>>
>>33143545
bulu
>>
File: Hydreigon-Promo-SM4.jpg (38KB, 221x306px) Image search: [Google]
Hydreigon-Promo-SM4.jpg
38KB, 221x306px
Hydreigon – Darkness – HP160
Stage 2 – Evolves from Zweilous
Ability: Screen Out
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 3 of your Benched Pokemon. Discard your other Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to them.
[D][D][C] Dark Destroy: 120 damage. You may discard an Energy attached to this Pokemon. If you do, discard an Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

This ability makes no sense, why on earth would you want that? Is there a synergy I'm missing or what
>>
>>33144042
I haven't played the TCG in years but depending on how easy it is to return stuff from your discard pile nowadays, dumping super weakened pokemon might be preferable to having them get KOed?
>>
>>33144096
>takes a bench space
>stage 2

the ability is good, but it's shit for these reasons

btw just faced one hell of a stall deck in legacy, cradily plasma blast + royal heal serperiors + damage swap reuniclus
if you can't one shot, you get stalled basically, too bad the deck has no offensive process and it takes a shitton of time everyturn to spread the damages, so you eventually lose to time if your opponent is cautious with ressources and oak/n when he's at 0 cards (or if he just set up a mewtwo)
>>
File: 1500062562587.jpg (18KB, 399x402px) Image search: [Google]
1500062562587.jpg
18KB, 399x402px
why do you play Pokemon over Magic? I have dabbled in both games and am looking to commit to or the other. Leaning toward Pokemon simply because the online client is top notch, but the game play in Magic just seems more satisfying.

tell me your stories, anons.
>>
>>33144042
It keeps anything but one hit KOs from ever being meaningful. Got a stamps with no energy and 30 HP left? Dump the fucker
>>
>>33144168
The artwork of MTG has never been appealing to me, I've been playing the video games for years, and decided to pick up the TCG as a side game to my side game because my main game is a pile of trash
>>
>>33144168
Pokemon is cheaper and with less neckbeards
>>
>>33144168
I started playing Pokemon when it first came out. I was curious about other card games and tried magic. It was ok, but with Pokemon pumping out expansions I stopped playing magic to buy more packs
>>
File: tcgo streak.png (10KB, 233x74px) Image search: [Google]
tcgo streak.png
10KB, 233x74px
>>33144168
i play pokemon because i like pokemon as a whole, i got into the card game from collecting/playing cartridge, and a lot of the appeal comes from playing with the creatures i like

also, pic related, still going, two crazy games today vs a keldeo/kyurem/blastoise deck and the cradily serperior stall deck i mentionned a bit earlier
>>
>>33144270
>my main game is a pile of trash
game?
>>
>>33144480
Yugioh
>>
>>33144168
I don't have the money to keep playing magic, neither the patience to bear with neckbeards saying every three seconds how magic is getting shittier and shittier even though they keep playing it every day.
>>
>>33144042
I like the effect, I hope someone manages to build something around it to abuse pokémon who activate their effects when played
>>
>>33142508
Why are all Palossand cards so fucking trash, I understand they want to make it slow, but you need to compensate with very good attack and hp.
Instead all its cards have retardedly high costs for mediocre attacks.
>>
>>33145010
This GX is a promo, its not meant to be good.
>>
>>33139351
I feel bad for the kids who buy themedecks thinking they're a good deal.
I was one of them.
>>
Fuck me the Glaceon EX spam right now because of the water challenge. I can play around it even without ranger to disable the effect but I am really thinking about adding it just to make these matches take less time.
>>
>>33144168

I play cardboard MTG and virtual pokemon TCG, as I don't really like to pay for virtual goods.
>>
File: 1500303859513.png (486KB, 614x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1500303859513.png
486KB, 614x1042px
do I HAVE to play Hidden Moon if I want to do well in Theme versus? I am kind of a contrarian and don't like playing popular decks if I can avoid it. I'm more of a Tier 2/3 guy.

>tfw two intelligent too conform
>>
>>33145839
Incineroar deck does good too but chucks to having high energy mons.
>>
Can I avoid having to grind vs/tournaments if I'm willing to drop ~$100 or so into physical packs? I'm just looking to get one or two decent, functional Standard decks to play.
>>
>>33145920
Buy Guardians rising code cards off of EBay and trade them off for what you need. Buying packs is always a waste if you play physical or online.
>>
>>33144450
How
I always get like 2 games max before I get paired against something that I'm weak too or I draw nothing.
>>
>>33145839
Gears of Fire ain't bad
>>
Just battled against a person who used Lapras GX and Wishiwashi with the ability Cowardice. His LaprasGX would be on a cooldown after using Blizzard Burn. He was able to switch his Lapras to the bench for Wishiwashi, return Wishiwashi to his hand using Cowardice, return Lapras to the Active position, and then attack with Blizzard Burn despite him using it last turn and Lapras shouldn't be able to attack. Is that actually legal or a glitch?
>>
>>33146501
That's interesting because the downside should have stuck with the lapras because it specifically states "this pokemon" not "active pokemon" You sure he didn't play Pokemon Ranger?.
>>
>>33146501
>>33146575
Effects are removed completely from Pokémon when they retreat to the bench.
>>
>>33146501
>>33146575
If a pokemon goes from active to bench, all effects are removed.

This is why for a brief period when jolteon/glaceon was popular, people would often times escape rope to force them on to the bench and then lysandre them to KO as the effects of their attack are removed now.

The ONLY exception to shit like this is if there is a board state check like swellow that checks if it used an attack last turn and if it did then it does bonus damage.
>>
>>33146575
Yeah, he did it multiple times. I would have thought that "This Pokemon cannot attack during your next turn" would carry over to apply over the entire turn.

>>33146587
>>33146601
That's kind of bull. If I were playing in person, I would not catch that. Submitted it to the Bug forum anyway.
>>
>>33144042
you can remove damaged or 2 prize/low hp support pokemon (think lele or shaymin) from play to deny prizes. more situational but against zoroark or the new dusknoir you can lower mind jack damage. Players already use parallel city for these reason but being a stage 2 I really doubt this will see play, stage 1s see play for the utility (octillery,starmie etc) but rarely stage 2s unless it's the core of your deck (blastoise, vikavolt etc)
>>
>>33146653
>submitting it to bug forum
It's not a bug like I said.

It's in the judge compendium and has an official ruling. Like I'm sorry you didn't understand the sort of odd ruling mechanic but what he's doing is correct according to gamestate.

It's not bull, it's how you play around effects. It's the only reason shit like regice could be played around back in the day alongside jolteon when everyone ran big basic EX.
>>
>>33139035

Just play your nightmarch in expanded bro, it's still fun.
>>
>>33146653
It's not a bug, it works the same way in paper.
>>
>>33146653
Imbecile kid
>>
File: 1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
look at this stallout shitshow
>>
File: 2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>33147147
>>
File: 3.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>33147157
>>
File: 4.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>33147168
thank god that's over
>>
>>33147168
I see nothing wrong
>>
>>33147147
>>33147157
>>33147168
>>33147177
on a related note, what's the best water theme deck right now?
>>
>>33143545
Victreebell
>>
>>33147221
The only downside to FoGP being rotated and banned, Victreebell and Venusaur memes will be impossible.
>>
>>33146653
Only active Pokémon can be affected by status ailments and effects. When the Pokémon leaves the active spot, all ailments and effects get removed from it.
>>
>>33147265
Since burn and poison are represented by actual tokens I think they should follow the Pokemon, but I recognize they'd have to be rebalanced in that case.
>>
File: ded cardie.jpg (57KB, 607x445px) Image search: [Google]
ded cardie.jpg
57KB, 607x445px
>>33114774
Does Super Rod come in any theme deck? Repeat Ball? I don't want to spend tradeable packs on such common cards. What are they worth? Could I trade a single GRI for all these?
>>
>>33147198
that one.
>>
>>33147325
one pack of GUR for all eight is likely to be accepted.
>>
>>33147547
hidden depths or the water shuriken?
>>
File: 1499848001923.jpg (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1499848001923.jpg
51KB, 512x512px
>>33142508
>even MORE NM support

PLEASE STOP THIS MADNESS, IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!
>>
>>33147870
Its for your opponents deck not your own.
>>
File: birb.png (195KB, 319x320px) Image search: [Google]
birb.png
195KB, 319x320px
>>33147887
Oh right, I read it wrong. Still kinda good that GX tho.

Sorry for being so stupid.
>>
>>33140880
>opening hand
>Hoopa Ex
>no other basics
>>
>>33147325
The raichu theme deck have a single super rod in it iirc
>>
>>33147325
Use pikachu packs or chests. those cards are dirt cheap and NOT worth using guardians rising packs on.
>>
>>33147903
crystalpidgeot birdboy?
>>
File: 21eb969cb008e08ad185d0fac1d7b0e4.jpg (223KB, 1500x960px) Image search: [Google]
21eb969cb008e08ad185d0fac1d7b0e4.jpg
223KB, 1500x960px
Meowstic strong. Didn't lose a match throughout the whole prerelease.
>>
>>33148699
Nice, I had hoped that the kitties would be an epic team.
Was thinking about getting the deck with them in it, mostly for making a deck focused entirely on kitties (yeah, I fucking love cats), but this totally completes it.
I will make my kitty deck, and unleash it.
Dunno what I will call it though, just wish we had more cute looking cards for them that are tournament friendly.
All the ones I end up falling for seem to fall under "unlimited only".
Just like all of the Bulbasaur family.
>>
>>33148699
Thanks for the pack. Surprised no one saw it before I did.
>>
>>33148839
Ah crap, I was completely oblivious to it.
>>
File: 1439919620664.jpg (50KB, 680x565px) Image search: [Google]
1439919620664.jpg
50KB, 680x565px
>the opponent is painfully slow all fucking match but suddenly has lightning sharp reflexes to concede before you make the final KO.
>>
>>33149919
>>33149919
>>33149919
New thread
>>
>>33149937
Nevermind, didn't see this thread up already
>>33149488
>>33149488
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.