[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What type needs better moves? Should it exist more variations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

What type needs better moves?
Should it exist more variations of existing moves?
>>
Steel type needs more high bp moves
Ones that don't suck
>>
>>33111773
If we're talking about attacks, the only correct answer is Ghost.

>no move over power 100 except shadow force which doesn't matter because the only thing that gets it is banned anyway
>strongest physical move that doesn't need a turn of set up and isn't exclusive to a legendary is fucking shadow claw
>shadow ball is the strongest special attack other than status-hex, which requires set up

Honestly, I'm fine with Shadow Ball being the strongest special attack for the type, but sweet Jesus give me a better move than Shadow Claw for physical attackers.
>>
Fairy needs more Physical moves and Rock needs more Special moves.
>>
>>33111773
Steel type, no question
>>
>>33111975
Still exclusive to specific mons, 0/10 need more splashability
>>
>>33111817
It's time for GF to give shadow ball a 90 base power or give moongeist beam to other ghost mons
>>
>>33111817
Ghost doesn't need high power moves because if it did it would become broken.

>>33111773
The actual answer is Electric and Ice need better physical moves, because right now any Electric or Ice-types that try and run physical sets still run into a problem that has existed since gen 1.
>>
>>33111979

Steel is supposed to be a primarily defensive typing, and it already has reliable moves like Iron Head, Heavy Slam, and Gyro Ball
>>
File: Ghost Offense.png (3KB, 103x181px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Offense.png
3KB, 103x181px
>>33111817

Ghost is fine

If it had stronger moves, it'd be on par with pre-Gen 6 Dragon
>>
>>33112003
Iron head is the only good one, the last 2 depend on other mechanics, also your three examples are physical moves, lets be honest, flash cannon isnt exactly splashable and even for compatible mons there are better moves
>>
>>33112003
Rock is supposed to be defensive too and look at how splashable and strong its moves are
>>
>>33112068
But rock is shit defensively. Steel on the other hand isnt
>>
>>33111773
electric needs more physical moves
>>
All of rocks non exclusive physical moves above 60 BP have less than 90 accuracy, that's freakin awful.
>>
>>33111817
Ghost is one of the best offensive typings in the game with only one resist. An 80 base move for physical attackers and an 80 base move for special attackers is all it needs (and is balanced). Ghost is fine.
>>
>>33111999
>The actual answer is Electric and Ice need better physical moves

this
>>
>>33111773
Electric types need physical moves, ice types need physical moves too.
>>
>>33112127
What about rock slide? Also you forgot to turn your trip off
>>
>>33111999
The only physical ice-types are Kyurem, Cloyster, Weavile, Abomasnow and Mamoswine

the only one of them that is hurting for moves is Kyurem
>>
>>33112774
Crabominable cries
>>
Physical Quiver Dance for a fighting type or two

More utility and cleric moves for fighting types. Playing monotype is so limited you either have a slow tank or a speedy but frail (mixed) attacker
>>
>>33111773
Ice and Poison need better physical moves.

Flying needs the removal of the 2 turn BS from Fly and a TM for Aeroblast.

>Should it exist more variations of existing moves?
Of course.We need special DD and Extremespeed,Grass/Electric/Ice type Overheat,Dark type Fire Blast and Dragon type Close Combat,et cetera
>>33111999
Electric has Volt Tackle,Fusion Bolt and Bolt Strike.Their problem isn't lack of moves,it's the retarded distribution.But Wild Charge needs to lose recoil.
>>
>>33112835
>physical quiver dance
Broken as fug
>>
>>33113107
not if given only to now-outclassed or the non-threatening fighting types

i.e., anybody RU and above won't get it AT ALL
>>
i harnessed my intense autism and made a list of all moves by type and category for ease

>normal has 178 moves total, 66 physical, 20 special, 89 status, 16 signature moves, and 3 z-moves
>fire has 35 moves total, 10 physical, 21 special, 2 status, 8 signature moves, and 1 z-move
>water has 33 moves total, 8 physical, 18 special, 5 status, 4 signature moves, and 2 z-moves
>electric has 32 moves total, 9 physical, 11 special, 8 status, 6 signature moves, and 4 z-moves
>grass has 42 moves total, 13 physical, 13 special, 15 status, 5 signature moves, and 1 z-move
>ice has 24 moves total, 9 physical, 10 special, 4 status, 4 signature moves, and 1 z-move
>fighting has 43 moves total, 33 physical, 5 special, 4 status, 2 signature moves, and 1 z-move
>poison has 27 moves total, 6 physical, 9 special, 11 status, 3 signature moves, and 1 z-move
>ground has 26 moves total, 16 physical, 4 special, 5 status, 7 signature moves, and 1 z-move
>flying has 26.5(flying press) moves total, 13.5 physical, 7 special, 5 status, 5.5 signature moves, and 1 z-move
>psychic has 61 moves total, 4 physical, 17 special, 38 status, 10 signature moves, and 2 z-moves
>bug has 29 moves total, 13 physical, 6 special, 9 status, 6 signature moves, and 1 z-move
>rock has 18 moves total, 11 physical, 2 special, 4 status, 2 signature moves, and 1 z-move
>ghost has 25 moves total, 10 physical, 5 special, 7 status, 6 signature moves, and 3 z-moves
>dragon has 17 moves total, 6 physical, 9 special, 1 status, 5 signature moves, and 1 z-move
>dark has 38 moves total, 19 physical, 3 special, 14 status, 6 signature moves, and 2 z-moves
>steel has 23 moves total, 14 physical, 2 special, 6 status, 5 signature moves, and 1 z-move
>fairy has 22 moves total, 1 physical, 8 special, 11 status, 5 signature moves, and 2 z-moves
>>
>>33111773

>flash cannon isnt exactly splashable and even for compatible mons there are better moves

What is Magnezone? What is Magearna?

Flash cannon is a really good move in Any pokemon who has it, steel special coverage it's wonderful
>>
>>33111773
Flying type could use a reliable special move.
Physical Electrioc just needs more distribution, and Wild Charge needs to be Electric version of Jump Kick.
>>
>>33113475
wow good job anon
>>
>>33113475
>Flying Press
Flying Press is a Fighting-type move only. Its primary effect is that it also uses the type chart of Flying and overlays that onto the regular effectiveness of it. It's as much of a dual-type move as Freeze Dry is. It is not "half Flying" despite the name.
>>
Bug needs better moves to make up for the fact it is so fucked matchup-wise

give Spore to Butterfree and all the moths except Volcarona

give a few bugs, including Volcarona, an ability that wipes the field clean of hazards on switch in

give Silver Wind a 20% chance of boost instead of 10%
>>
>>33114802
are you trying to out-autism him?
>>
Here's what the game needs

>special version of Intimidate
>all the amazing physical electric type moves that are retardedly locked to either a pikaclone or a legendary to be more widely distributed
>another above-average physical fire-type move besides Flare Blitz
>a physical psychic move that doesn't suck ass
>a physical fairy-type move that doesn't miss and gets given to tapu bulu
>Power Gem to not have the distribution of my left not
>a physical rock-type move that doesn't miss and has at least 85 BP
>>
>>33113475
This is just standard autism. Intense autism would've made a Google doc that also tallied the moves by base power range and whether or not each type had a priority move.
>>33115080
>a physical fairy-type move that doesn't miss and gets given to tapu bulu
>and gets given to tapu bulu
Bulu doesn't really need a Fairy move. Koko would appreciate it, but as it stands Tapu Bulu hitting like a nuclear bomb made up of millions of other, more powerful nuclear bombs with its Grass-type moves more or less makes Fairy-type moves redundant on it. +2 Bloom Doom blows up anything that isn't a quad resist, and most of those are dealt with by Stone Edge.
>>
>>33115183

>75 base speed
>>
>>33115310
>highest OU viability ranking of any Tapu
Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>33115329

turns out you don't need speed to completely wall zy "CB thousand arrows" garde if you have the perfect typing

remind me again what bulu's viability was before zygarde started trending?
>>
>>33114982
Bug got lots of new powerful toys this gen. lunge vs trop kick for example even though grass are jusy as fucked up in the type matches
>>
>>33111773
Rock needs a 100 accuracy move that doesn't suck at damage
>>
Dark and steel
>>
File: togedemaru.png (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
togedemaru.png
100KB, 500x500px
>>33111773
Tell this faggot to stop hoarding Zing Zap.
>>
>>33112794
>Ice Hammer
Cry me a river you fugly cuckrab.
>>
>>33115418
Honestly not really relevant, because if I recall correctly people didn't start using its best set until after Zygarde's rise anyway. I mean, who could've imagined that a 427.5 BP move coming off of 130 base Attack after a Sword's Dance would atomize nearly everything?
>>
>>33112068
Rock is defensively strong in stats only compared to Steel which has lots of resistances. But to make up for it, Rock is also a pretty viable type offensively speaking! If we buff Steel attacks now, the balance would be destroyed.
Steel is absolutely fine as it is.
>>
>>33111808
>>33111979
>>33116831
>buffing steel type even more
>>
>>33117682
>not buffing Steel
>>
>>33111773
In general we just need more special moves for physical-based types, and vice versa. That, and alternate versions of various stat-up moves (IE how Nasty Plot is a Special version of Sword's Dance), if only to boost some utterly forgotten pokemon.

Also, Fairy needs more moves in general on account of being new. Maybe not more GREAT moves, since it's already got a pretty good selection, but just more coverage in general would be good so every fairy type doesn't have to rely on the same handful of fairy attacks.
>>
>>33117704
Draining Kiss Technician Mr Mime that also carries Shock Wave, Icy Wind and Magical Leaf.
>>
>>33111773
Here's a quick list of moves that need to exist. Apologies if my names suck.

>Psycho Crusher
>Psychic, Physical, 80 Acc, 110 BP
Psychic needs something with better Base Power than Zen Headbutt and Psycho Cut. So they get a physical Hydro Pump.

>Cold Crush
>Ice, Physical, 95 Acc 100 BP, 10% chance to Freeze
Ice is so bad they need an amazing move to make up for it. Icicle Crash is nice but it just isn't enough.

>Shrapnel Blast
>Rock, Special, 120 BP, 70 Acc, 30% chance to lower the foe's Speed
I really want a Focus Blast type move for Rock.

>Nightmare Claw
>Ghost, Physical, 100 Acc, 80 BP, power goes up to 120 if the foe is asleep
Shadow Claw is kinda bad. At least let ghosts have something on level with Iron Head. I went with the weird effect of increasing against sleeping foes because I like when ghost attacks hurt you more if you're statused (like Hex) and I think they don't do that enough.

>Lightning Blade
>Electric, Physical, 100 Acc, 90 BP, High critical hit rate
Literally an Electric Leaf Blade. Electric needs a physical move better than Wild Charge.

>Cute Attack
>Fairy, Physical, 100 Acc, 65 BP
This is the basic Fairy move you use at low levels, kinda like Tackle but for Fairies. It's so stuff like Marill and Snubbull can have Fairy moves at a low level without already having Play Rough, a top power move, when they're still babies.
>>
>>33111773
electric needs non-exclusive physical options
ghost needs non-gimmicky physical options
fairy needs low-mid power physical options below play rough
rock needs a lot of special options
fighting needs special options or aura sphere needs distribution
ground needs special options or earth power needs better distribution
flying needs midpower options between 70-110 bp, only one that exists is drill peck which has heavily restricted distribution
ghost, dark and psychic dont really have high power options above 100 bp but thats not really a problem necessarily
>>
>>33117909
>>Shrapnel Blast
>>Rock, Special, 120 BP, 70 Acc, 30% chance to lower the foe's Speed
>I really want a Focus Blast type move for Rock

Another rock-type move with less than 100 ACC, great job dude that's exactly what we need.
>>
>>33118167
I don't mind low accuracy if it has really high power.

Besides, that's generous for Rock. If it went on the same curve as Stone Edge it would've had 60 Accuracy.
>>
>>33113475
I am a poison whore so you know I always wanna help out my poison brothers out more than anything.

>Putrid Strike
Poison | Physical
65 BP, 85% Acc. 10 PP
If the target is Poisoned, it worsens their condition to Toxic. The user strikes the opponent with an attack, infecting them with special venom that empowers lingering toxins in the opponent's system to a frightening level.

>Vile Gorge
Poison | Physical
150 BP, 90 Acc. 5 PP
Basically the Poison variant of Giga Impact. Wanted to give it a unique name that would still make it fit the theme of poison, but we generally don't have many strong physical attackers though. Just thought this would channel the image of a predator initiating some sort of violent attack upon their enemy where they just unloaded their full payload of venom, just left themselves exhausted, but the enemy is just mutilated from repeated bites and just being mauled.

I think that is about it though.
>>
You know what we REALLY need? A new Water-type move! One with 95 BP that's Super-Effective against Grass, Dragon, and Flying, and has a 50% chance to inflict Freeze. Actually, there should be two moves like that, one Physical and one Special.
>>
>>33113475
I am a poison whore so you know I always wanna help out my poison brothers out more than anything.

>Meteor Shower
Rock | Special
25 BP, 100% Acc. 30 PP
A special Rock type Bullet Seed

>Boulder Bash
Rock | Physical
80 BP, 100 Acc. 20 PP
A Rock type Strength/X-Scissor/Drill Peck. No speed drop, no flinches, hits one target, no increased crit, just fucking let Rock type actually hit with one of their moves.
>>
>>33120102
Whoops, copied that post for easy formatting and forgot to erase the first part.
>>
>>33117748
That is gay
>>
>>33113475
Fairy needs more physical moves but all the physical fairies learn play rough or have pixilate (Altaria) with the exception of Koko and Bulu,but Bulu doesn't need it
>>
File: masuda (2).png (236KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
236KB, 336x418px
>>33111773
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.