[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The switch is what Pokemon needs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

I don't care about sales. It doesn't impact my individual likeness of the product but right now Pokemon is super stale

Going to hardware like switch and leaving the dustbin known as the 3ds willl help Pokemon grow as a franchise in terms of quality
>>
>Going to hardware like switch and leaving the dustbin known as the 3ds willl help Pokemon grow as a franchise in terms of quality

>games will be 60 dollars
>only one screen for menus and battles. Have to be in portable mode and maybe they'll have the option for touch screen management
>paid online
>2 hour battery life
>just so you can see the same 3D models upscaled, which gamefreak will never fix

The games will be exactly the same, maybe just more consistent frame rate. They won't magically become more fun
>>
>>33110801
and the switch need pokemon too
>>
>>33110842
The games will better. Pokemon were fine with 1 screen in first 3 gens.

2 hours of battery life not true

Could care less about 60 dollar. I'm used to buying console games for that price.
>>
File: Floatzel Signal.jpg (148KB, 419x610px) Image search: [Google]
Floatzel Signal.jpg
148KB, 419x610px
>>33110801
>Going to hardware like switch and leaving the dustbin known as the 3ds willl help Pokemon grow as a franchise in terms of quality
>Like switch
>Like shitch

If you are going to fuck over the reason why 3ds is even considered, being a protable console, you may as well move pokemon to PC WHERE it will truly shine, instead of another shipwreck of a console.
>>
>>33110872
Switch is huge upgrade over that garbage 3ds. PC is not possible because it's a 3rd party
>>
>>33110801

Fuck off, Barneyfag.
>>

They said the same thing about leaving the DS, and look what that got us.
>>
>>33110939
Did people say that? I thought people liked the ds games
>>
>>
>>33111900
This
>>
>>33110801

Yes, It is for now...
>>
>>33111900
Game freak is hot as fuck.
>>
>>33110842
>only one screen for menus and battles.

Found the DSbaby
>>
Probably not. I fully expect it to get worse, like Final Fantasy, or Tales.
>>
>>
>>33112121
>>
>>33110842
>only one screen for menus and battles

I'm sure this won't be an issue at all. Switch controllers have more buttons so I'm sure they'll make something like Stadium where you use moves with a single button.
>>
File: 24c.jpg (51KB, 650x568px) Image search: [Google]
24c.jpg
51KB, 650x568px
Nine Z - forms
>>
>>33110801
Why is everyone shitting on the 3ds now that the Switch is out. It's an older cheaper system. Did everyone say "lol the NES sucks dick!" when the SNES came out. It's really mean spirited. Retro gaming is thing so I don't get why everyone is acting like the 3ds is garbage for having a low res screen.
>>
>>33112372
It's always been garbage. But now everyone can admit to when a Pokemon mainline game was announced on a superior system
>>
>>33112372
The only people shitting on the 3ds are the insecure switchfags to make themselves feel better about buying their shitty port machine.
>>
>>33110801

The only tuing that is going to move Pokemon forward is losing sales.

Nintendo will keep doing the bare minimum as long as idiots keep buying. Thay don't need to make a better game as long as the current status sells so I really believe the only thing that will get them to make the game we all want is if the franchise crashes for a year or two.

Hopefully they would also see Gamefreak doesnt cut it anymore and will give the franchise to a new developer
>>
>>33112372
3DS pokemon games looked bad from day one though. Just look at ORAS and the weird 'view' when you first battle May, it was bad even for the 3DS. Not to mention all of the lag whenever more than two pokemon were on screen.
>>
>>33112436
Let's also talk about how every texture is JPEG quality best. Why the fuck do they zoom so close on this?!
>>
>>33110801
I think the switch to the Switch is potentially good, but could go wrong too. I'm concerned about a few things.
>Content
Paying 60 dollars for a game you can beat in 3 or 4 days with little to no content after that would suck. They really need to make a lot of real content for this to work, not just slap a battle tower clone at the end.
>From 2 screens to 1
Not gonna lie, having a second screen for the menus, all the in battle things, the storage management and all that is great. I don't hate having only one screen, but I firmly believe the second screen will be missed.
The sole screen does raise one problem: match screening. It would become worse than it is now for live tournaments, since you'd have to cover part of the screen or reveal the moves/whatever of a player.
>Online services
The connectivity is pretty vital in pokemon, and the paid online would not go well with that.
>Graphical quality
The games have been looking a little better each time, I'll give them that, but a little better won't do this time. This is the moment to really step it up, to break free from that horrible 240p screen, and they absolutely have to seize the opportunity.
>>
>>33110842
>60 dollars
Don't care
>One screen
FINALLY, fuck the DS meme
>Paid online
$30 a year, likely $20 on sale
>2 hour battery life
Most games get about 4. it's the same battery life as launch 3DS
>SAME MODELS LOL
Better textures
>>
>>33112702
Every RPG is like that dude. You beat it 3-4 days then play online

Not every game is like Zelda
>>
>>33112372
>Did everyone say "lol the NES sucks dick!" when the SNES came out.
They did, but I was like 7. My parents weren't very tech savvy and convinced me they'd make a SNES to NES adapter someday. Or they didn't wanna spend the money and I was a stupid kid.
>>
Top is sun and moon on 3ds

Bottom is sun and moon on better hardware

Same models same textures. Game freak adds better textures it would look even better
>>
It's really strange seeing people defend the 3ds so much while shitting on the switch considering how much better the switch is.
The 3ds launched at 250 bucks with a shitty library and terrible hardware. What did it even have during it's first year? Nintendogs, Mario Kart 7, Mario 3D land and a Zelda remake?
How is that better than Mario Kart Deluxe, BotW, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade, Arms and Mario Odyssey?

And then they complain about the battery life when the 3DS can barely hold 4 hours.
I know you niggas are poor but c'mon you can afford buy a new console every 6 years.
>>
File: IMG_1367.jpg (893KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1367.jpg
893KB, 960x960px
>>33112752
>>
>>33112726
>Every RPG is like that dude
Most RPGs actually have a lot of side stuff though. Also the main story of pokemon is short by RPG standards. Also you forgot the hours of going around in a bike hoping you get good IVs before even playing online. What else is there to do? You can catch them all yet again, get the 50-streak on the battle tower clone yet again, go fetch all the 'unique' items (megastones, z crystals,form changing items, etc) which most of the time doen't even involve a side quest or anything.
The game should offer more for the single player experience
>>
>>33110899
Actually it is possible. Game Freak already have two games on Steam, one of which they developed mostly last year and published themselves earlier this year.

By your logic we wouldn't have Shuffle, Go, Jump, or PokéLand incoming either. I mean, you can definitely argue they're shit as mobile is wont to be and thus shouldn't exist, but they do.

They likely never will be unless Nintendo stop making systems because Nintendo has at least near if not a controlling stake in TPC (for owning a third of TPC itself and part of Creatures who also owns a third) but it's not impossible.
>>
>>33114073
Pokemon going to PC is on the same level or corporate desperation as Square remaking FF7, it'll be a dying act of a rapidly irrelevant company.
>>
>>33112390
Okay besides the overpriced 3d it was the direct successor to one of the best handhelds of all time and has good features and games.

>>33112436
That's just an issue of GF choosing a bad art style for the system not the hardware's fault.

If the 3ds didn't have 3d and Gamefreak kept the sprites I don't think there would an issue.
>>
>>33114073
It is impossible because Nintendo would never allow it and even if Nintendo didn't have a say in the matter Game Freak has explained multiple times why mainline pokemon games are a handheld-only thing.
>>
>>33114073
Dude. Game freak can create any franchise they want besides Pokemon and put it on PS4, xbox and pc but Nintendo bought a piece of creatures inc which co owns the Pokemon ip.

Nintendo doesn't have have say in game freak should make games but they have say in what platforms it can be on.

All the Pokemon games on mobile has Nintendo trademark in it
>>
Nintendo switch finally coming to Argentina August 15th. 765 dollars usd lol
>>
Nah, it's needs a proper system like PS4
>>
>>33114276
Except I'm still right because that doesn't make it impossible, only unlikely.

>>33114340
>repeating EXACTLY what I said only to ignore the actual conclusion of what I said makes me wrong.

Do you always try so hard to fail?
>>
>>33112726
Most RPGs I've played took at least a week or more to beat, but that's usually because there was so much side content.

GF needs to add superbosses, alternate route options, random totem-like spawns that function like hunts/bounties, or something. The possibilities are endless. I feel as if more stuff can be crammed into a game on the Switch. Maybe we'll even get an updated Colosseum-esque game.
>>
>>33110801

>Thinks Gamefreak care about making good games anymore...
>>
>>33110842

$60? That's cheap, we pay around $80 per game here in NZ, XY are still $80, hell Gen 4 games are still around $60.

I can only imagine how much a Switch game is gonna be here..
>>
>>33112416

Ah Gamefreak are the creators and owners of Pokemon, Nintendo can't just 'give the franchise to a new developer.
I do think they need fresh blood in the company, actual fans of the franchise that know how and what would make the games better, but of course, Gamefreak don't listen to their fans, just the "fans" who left after Gen 1.
>>
>>33112714
>$30 a year, likely $20 on sale
>>on sale
Retard detected
>>
>>33110842
>$60 games (us)
Not really a problem. That's going rate for modern games.
>Only one screen for battles
I refer you to generations 1-3.
>Paid online
$30 a year is so incredibly cheap, you have no fucking idea.
>2 hour battery life.
Old meme is outdated. BotW uses a lot of system resources, and a lot of power, but smaller games are giving me up to 6 hours.
>Pure salt.
Whatever, man, that's, like, your opinion.
>>
>>33110801
>plays using the touch pad

Leaving technology that belongs on fast food kiosks is good for everyone.
>>
>>33110842
>>paid online
It is literally $0.08 a day. Give up one quaterpounder with cheese every 2 weeks and you'll be fine.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.