[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, we're the Crippling Ability Victims. Please say something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

File: Crippling Ability Victims.png (349KB, 1136x405px) Image search: [Google]
Crippling Ability Victims.png
349KB, 1136x405px
Hello, we're the Crippling Ability Victims. Please say something nice to us.
>>
File: IMG_3175.jpg (121KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3175.jpg
121KB, 640x640px
Hey, at this point its questionable how good you'd be even without those abilities, so don't worry too much about it.

Power creep's a bitch.
>>
Golisipod deserved better somethinglike intimidate or adaptability.
Those wouldn't be broken on it and they fit the pokemon's motif.
>>
At this point the only way to save them would be to call Intelligent Systems to rework all of them abilities
>>
>>33108807
This is why Game Freak needs to continually rebalance every generation.
>>
The fact that shit like Mewtwo-Mega-X and Kartana have insane base attack, and has no handicaps, shows that Power Creep is a bitch. Sure, at the time, Pokémon like Slaking and Regigigas had insane power too, but their crippling abilities should have never existed (you can easily lower the attack of the Crippling Ability Victims, excluding Golisopod), and shouldn't have place one on a fucking legendary of all things.
>>
>>33108854
>GF
>rebalance
If anything, they only made things WORSE than last gen.
>>
>>33108854
Gamefreak's idea of balance is to take a decent pokemon (Talonflame) and nerf it so hard that it's completely unusable, while completely ignoring the actually powerful pokemon that's available in competitive multiplayer (Landorus)

Pokemon like Scizor and Serperior would be nerfed to oblivion while Volcarona and Magearna would be completely and utterly ignored. This is Gamefreak's idea of balance.
>>
File: IMG_2986.png (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2986.png
80KB, 300x300px
>>33108865
>>33108885
So, we can agree that GameFreak's a shill company run by hacks, right?

If you could who would you hand the IP over to in hopes of saving the franchise?
>>
>>33108902
Valve.
Icefrog put in charge of balance.
>>
>>33108858
That problem comes from the balance of stats

A poor stat total with good distribution is much better than a good stat total with shit distribution, and Game Freak seem to have a hard time grasping this concept
>>
>>33108858
>shit moves
>no special defense
>200 or 100 less BST than any mon you named outside Golisopod
Why would it need an handicap?
>>
>>33108858
>Legendary and UB
I don't think they prove your point, Garchomp or Greninja would be better examples. That being said, I don't believe in the Power Creep, GF doesn't really knows what makes a good pokemon so whatever is good or bad is not made with intention.
For the case of the Pokemon in the OP, the first 3 have crippling abilities while Goli's while bad wasn't intended to cripple him. He is a case of GF being retarded
>>
File: 302Sableye.png (798KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
302Sableye.png
798KB, 1280x1280px
Hi there

I was given one of the worst abilities in the game a generation after I was introduced, just so that anyone catching me in the wild has a 50% chance of me being completely useless if I happen to have my second ability
>>
>>33109107
>That being said, I don't believe in the Power Creep, GF doesn't really knows what makes a good pokemon so whatever is good or bad is not made with intention.
Wrong. They made Marshadow absolutely perfect.
>>
>>33109137
Knowing how to make something OP isn't the same as knowing how to make something balanced
>>
>>33108784
You guys are unique. Let no one tell you otherwise.
>>
>>33109128
Oh hey there sableye, they given ya skill swap yet? not been keeping up much after the trade with ruby version, mawile says hello too.
>>
>>33109166
Nope! Can't get entrainment either
>>
What ability would be the deadliest on Slaking without buffing its stats or movepool?
>>
>>33109185
anything
without truant its basically kyub with a good defensive typing, a speed tier that actually matters and an actual movepool
>>
>>33109175
Arceus fucking damnit, atleast you got a good mega, that and prankster, I will do my best to get you skill swap, mark my words.
>>
File: (You).jpg (10KB, 192x169px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
10KB, 192x169px
>>33109211
>Arceus fucking damnit
>>
>>33108902
HAL; Kirby's been running for longer than Pokemon and they still haven't managed to fuck it up and use nostalgia in more creative ways instead of "HAY LOOK REMEMBER GAME CORNER POSTER! LOL SANTALUNE FOREST = 1:1 VIRIDIAN FOREST"
>>
>>33108902
Level 5, they actually give a shit and put love and effort into Yokai so I'd love to see them do Pokemon.
>>
>>33108835
I agree with you on intimidate but adaptability would make Golisopod a freaking horror. That's Boosted STAB on Leech life, Liquidation, and first impression.
>>
>>33109146
Thanks, Tumblr.
>>
File: IMG_1264.jpg (48KB, 576x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1264.jpg
48KB, 576x544px
>>33108854
If by making any Pokémon either unusable or broken is a act of balancing, then gamefreak needs to fix up their shit. Mega evolutions and the fairy type should have never been concieved, as it introduced new hell for Pokémon
>>
>>33108902
I'd rather be fine with Hal doing it. They know how to make a game fun and actually memorable
>>
>>33108784
Archeops is a cute. Cute!
>>
>>33109302
>KIDS THESE DAYS WITH THEIR MOBILE PHONES AND THEIR RAP MUSIC MAKE ME FEEL ANGRY
>>
>>33109237
>Level 5, they actually give a shit
>>
>>33109137
What makes you think he is the result of him being designed to be good and not the result of luck? More importantly, he is a Mystic, so he will never be legal on GF's format (VGC) which is what they "balance" for
>>
>>33108784
The first two can be saved with Skill Swap, the third can function just fine because its probably dead in a single hit anyways, the last one is just fucked regardless.
>>
>>33109302
The fairy type is fine

It's just terribly balanced against the other types, and mostly just buffs strong types like steel while nerfing weak ones like bug and ice
>>
>>33109326
>I HATE THOSE WHO HATE WHAT I LIKE! THAT'LL SHOW ANON!
>>
>>33109302
I don't understand why Gamefreak is so autistically adverse to changing stats and abilities, since it took them gen 7 to actually do something. Do they think that kids will suffer panic attacks and die of heart attacks if they notice that something is different about their pokemon's ability?
>>
>>33109349
No, regigigas can't

it can't learn protect, so it's not worth using in doubles to skill swap with because there's nothing stopping your opponent from focus-firing it down instantly
>>
>>33108784
Slaking is fine. The whole point is to have absurdly high stats for a non-legend in order to compensate for the lore-appropriate ability, and skilled players have been proven to make it work.

Slow Start is stupid. A new forme like Primal Regigigas or something would be nice.

Defeatist needs to be changed to 25% and have the Attack/Speed drop be a standard stat drop so you could use a White Herb to counter it.

Golisopod doesn't really belong here. Emergency Exit can be good and compliment First Impression with some tweaks:
>activates at the end of the turn OR ASAP in order to screw over multi-hit attacks
>only activates from direct damage (status, weather, recoil don't activate)
>activates at 50% if hit by a SE move
>activates at 25% if hit by a neutral move
>never activates when hit by a NVE move
>>
Golisipod doesn't belong there you scrublord
>>
>>33109353
They buffed a bunch of pokemon in gen 6

Weird choices, but still, they got stat buffs

Like Nidoking receiving 10 more points in a stat it never uses
>>
File: 1361581482305.png (86KB, 292x331px) Image search: [Google]
1361581482305.png
86KB, 292x331px
>>33109358
>Emergency Exit can be good
>>
>>33109353
Kids won't even notice unless they become a diehard fan in that time. Once someone tells them about serebii and notice that their pokemons ability is fucked, then they'll be pissed
>>
>>33108784
One day we'll get a pokémon with an ability that disables all other abilities on the field. Maybe those guys will see some use then.
>>
>>33109364
>with some tweaks
>>
>>33109351
>MY CLEVER RETORT THAT I IN NO WAY SHOW ANY SIGNS OF ASSOCIATING MYSELF WITH WILL MAKE ME SEEM LIKE A BETTER HUMAN BEING BECAUSE I CANT TAKE A JOKE!
>>
>>33109350
It did screw up the use of dragons in a unnecessary way. You could have maybe made something like steel affect dragon more, but instead fairy came along and people don't even use them.
>>
>>33109358
>>33109360
Golisopod belongs in Team /cav/ because Emergency Exit literally fucks Golisopod over in every single way imaginable.

If it didn't even have an ability, it would have been much more viable than it is right now. It has good stats, good movepool and alright typing. Then Emergency Exit shows up and drags all of that down.
>>
>>33109381
I just think game freak is more guilty of implementing good ideas poorly, rather than implementing bad ideas
>>
>>33108807
Archeops, Regigigas and Slaking are all banned in Almost Any Ability and Golisopod is ranked A-
>>
>>33109382
Meanwhile we have Pokémon that will never stop getting praise from the team because everyone uses it or smogon complains about everything that makes a Pokémon game last less then the full time
>>
>>33109364
Combined with First Impression, yes it definitely can. I'm sorry you can't see the use in a strategy that requires some thought over mindlessly clicking attack buttons
>>
>>33109364
>reading comprehension
Is it true /vp/ is the dumbest board?
>>
>>33109396
Hmm, how about this?

Archeops gets Klutz, Slaking gets Stall, and slow start lasts for 2 turns instead of 5.

Now Archeops is a strong attacker but is severely limited in options thanks to not being able to use held items, Slaking is a powerhouse but is always the slowest guy so has trouble sticking around, and Regigigas actually has a chance to get going before dying
>>
>>33109403
Oh yes, some strategy that's so viable that it makes Golisopod so good that it's C- in RU, right alongside fellow powerhouses such as Emboar and Qwilfish. What a powerful strategy.
>>
>>33109382
The difference is that Truant, Slow Start and Defeatist are 100% bad. Emergency Exit isn't designed that way as it's meant to work in a specific way with First Impression, and even outside of that a free attack+switch on the same turn works like U-turn or Volt Switch. Yes it would be better with a regular ability, but that's not the point.
>>
>>33109414
Neat.
>>
>>33109417
CAN be good, you retard
>>
>>33109403
>instead of mindlessly clicking four buttons you now mindlessly click one button instead
Wow!
>>
File: 1478956701576.png (12KB, 137x120px) Image search: [Google]
1478956701576.png
12KB, 137x120px
>forgetting wishiwashi
>>
File: ௵.jpg (6KB, 249x174px) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
6KB, 249x174px
>>33109365
Even then, it doesn't take a genius to realize your Gengar from Gen 3-6 is suddenly dying to Ground Moves in SM that it was once immune to without considering other factors.
>>
>>33109471
By technicality not a crippling ability, though Wishwashi would be better off if it stayed in that form and had a different ability.
>>
>>33109485
Or if the school form was an evolution of the normal form
>>
>>33109403
>mindlessly clicking attack buttons
This is literally what Emergency Exit forces you to do. If you don't click First Impression your Golisopod is basically deadweight.

I'm not exaggerating saying that what Emergency Exit does is pretty much taking the control of Golisopod out of your hands. It's by far the worst ability in the game, even the ones that don't do anything like Illuminate are better.
>>
>>33109491
>tfw you could have had a variety of moves on your Golisopod such as Swords Dance, Leech Life, Liquidation, Bulk Up, Poison Jab, Taunt, Spikes and possibly a Z-move, but because of Emergency Exit you're forced to use priority moves in a metagame where Tapu Lele exists
>>
>>33108784
Yeah, I feel sorry for Golisopod. But he/she is fav pokémon from gen 7.

Golisopod can easily get another ability such as Tough Claws, Intimidare or bullet proof.
Even if GF wanted to give it a shit ability, they could be more... merciless.
Something like a new and signature ability.
Something like "Brave Warrior: The pokémon only can be changed by trainer (Roar, dragon tail not work)"
>>
>>33109541
This ability already exists, it's called Suction Cups.
>>
>>33109541
>An ability that would not only have been unique and interesting, but also conceptually and thematically fit Golisopod far better than Emergency Exit
Man, GF truly are hacks.
>>
>>33109447
>>33109491
Of course First Impression is an easy move to use, I'm saying the way Emergency Exit works in general requires more thought than most things. Managing when you think you're going to have the ability activated creates mindgames, you can even use Golisipod as a pivot by taking the right amount of damage when it's not even on the field, things like that.
>>
>>33109578
Golisopod literally can't do anything but use First Impression because a single hit from the average Pokemon will knock it down to less than 50%, and if Lele's out it can't do shit except be a waste of space due to the loss of its one and only move that can actually be used without getting forcibly switched out.
>>
>>33109595
>because a single hit from the average Pokemon will knock it down to less than 50%
With 140 base defense? When Assault Vest is a pretty viable item choice?
>>
>>33108984
This.
Extreme example: Mega Fug or Breloom versus Florges or Arcanine
>>
>>33109696
Mega Sableye*
Sorry, had a thread about Fug open
>>
>>33109107
GF knows what they're doing. They know every pokemon can't be good. They know they're making an RPG and some of these are more designed to be stuff you're supposed to fight against and being able to use one is just a fun bonus (see Brock's Onix) and osme pokemon, like Archeops, Dustox, Golduck, Gumshoos, etc. are supposed to be kinda bad, like you train them early game and dump it for something better later on. Like, in an RPG, you don't hang onto Iron Armor because it's your bro, you dump it for Silver
Armor or Mythril Armor first chance you get. Take BW for example. You could use Sawsbuck throughout the whole game, but Virizion is literally better in every way. You're supposed to dump Sawsbuck for Virizion. Not every player does, of course. Many hold onto Sawsbuck for sentimental reason, or just think Virizion is an ugly upstart, and it's good that GF gives you the option to do so, but that's just the way the game is made ot be played, like it or not.
>>
>>33109729
In that case, why do all ice types except for the intentionally broken and Weavile suck?
>>
>>33109729
No, GF thought that shit like Aigislash wouldn't be broken and that the Gale Wings Nerfs was justified when Lele was more than enought.
>>
>>33109701
Well Fug does have a good stat distribution
>>
>>33109732
Ice type are made to kill Dargons. That's it. They weren't doing their job good enough, so Fairies came and replaced them. It's an obsolete type. They still make Ice Types anyway, because there are fans of the type, but really they no longer serve any real purpose so they remain bad.

>>33109737
Aegislash is perfectly fine in-game, where you need a Dusk Stone, which are kinda rare. and it isn't overpowered in doubles battles, just really, really good, and that's the only PvP GF cares about (even though 90% of the main game is singles, which is a flaw on their part, main game should have more doubles battles) Additionally, they didn't anticipate it being used as a special attacker, so it was a mistake on their part.
>>
>>33109631
I've run Golisiopod with extreme evoboost and he STILL gets sent straight back to the party on the first turn out most matches
>>
>>33109824
>They weren't doing their job well enough, so instead of buffing the type, they make a new type to replace it and buff two other types instead

This seems unbelievably stupid
>>
File: 1500904840843.png (433KB, 1700x405px) Image search: [Google]
1500904840843.png
433KB, 1700x405px
>>33108784
Fixed.
>>
>>33109849
It happened anyway. Someone in GF decided that it was the best course of action. Like it or not, it's how they do things. They don't look at shit the same way you do.
>>
>latest Pokemon game has hundreds upon hundreds of Pokemon
>a couple dozen of them are "broken" and unbalanced
>"GameFreak should rebalance THEIR games to better fit the tiers and rules of a website that has no affiliation with Nintendo of GF because I cant use a Pokemon I like because there might be a legendary that is stronger! Waaa!"

I love it.
>>
>>33109824
>Fine in game
That is hardly an arguement on its favour, it is still OP and they openly said they never thought it would be so good.
>>
>>33109874
But the ice type isn't total shit, it still has a good place as a high-offense type, they just keep making the same mistake over and over again of making ice types slow and defensive in terms of stat distribution
>>
>>33109879
>Implyint that VGC is not unbalanced too
>Implying that VGC has more than 20 or so meta pokemon

>>33109889
Is almost as if they don't know what makes a good pokemon.
>>
>>33109879
But VGC is broken too

Did you see any of what happened last year?

The harsh limitations they implemented this year can't last
>>
>>33109208
>"good" defensive typing
>literally no resists and an immunity that hardly matters

Having little weaknesses doesn't make it good defensively.
>>
>why don't they make more fast, offensive ice types
http://www.smogon.com/articles/shafted-by-design
>>
>>33109211

kys
>>
File: 1476771405393.jpg (8KB, 148x154px) Image search: [Google]
1476771405393.jpg
8KB, 148x154px
>>33109211
Oh my Arceus he used Arceus in place of Arceus!
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.