[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so horribly wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: festivalplaza.jpg (35KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
festivalplaza.jpg
35KB, 400x240px
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
>>33108255
Start to use it and you'll find it so useful that you'll surely shut your mouth
>>
>>33108267
cuck
>>
>>33108255
Game Freak

>>33108267
Shut up Game Freak
>>
>>33108255
RNG elements and Sophocles being a fatfuck.
>>
Exclusive clothing items and no way to level up your own shops

I have no problems with the actual online functionality since I never wasted time with random passerbys on the PSS
>>
>>33108269
>>33108272
You know it levels up? If you have only dye shop or fortune teller just find something useful, fags
>>
>>33108267
didn't think i'd actually see someone defending this. huh
>>
>>33108255
it wasnt THAT bad desu
the only real downside is, that you had to use it in order to get online instead of PSS and it being its own thing
>>
>>33108267
Yeah the stalls are useful, but was it necessary to lump it in with the wireless functions? Keeping the PSS and having a Join Avenue clone separately would be so much better
>>
>>33108273
Or how about everything about it? Why is online matchmaking some dumb
Mini game where you need tickets and to go to stores and all this other fucking garbage and to top it all off there's only 3v3 singles, 4v4 doubles, and fucking battle royal which is a complete meme. GF, SM, and Fedsival Plaza are all utter, irredeemable cancer.

Pokemon should have the same level of online battle customization / matchmaking as literally any other game. Smash, fucking Rocket League. ANYTHING. But we get 2 game types and 10FPS lag battles that shut the game down if 3+ shinies happen to be in the same battle.

Any one of you defending any of this feces should be fucking ashamed and should kill yourselves promptly.
>>
>>33108292
It does not annoy me so much to say it is horribly wrong as (OP) does
>>
>>33108278
this and the fact it replaced pss and makes you go to plaza to go online at all

Also the fact that you stop getting random passerbys once you go online a single time. You just keep having the same people stuck there over and over
>>
>>33108297
Calm your tits anon.
>>
>>33108291
>>33108308
I don't get the complaint that you have to go to the plaza to get online, just put the plaza on page 1 of your menu and all you have to do is press X and tap the icon. It's not like the Pelago where it takes a few seconds to load.
>>
>>33108297
You used it just the first day, right? And you have it at level 1 cause saying it shows your total ignorance about festival plaza.
Also if you judge a game for the match customization you're a dumb, if GF gives those rules is for equilibrium of the matches.

Also go out and live a life and don't take a discussion about a game so seriously, idiot
>>
>>33108318
Going online takes a minute or two depending on whether you need to forcefully Game Sync or not.
You can't check GTS while breeding, you can't see whether people are online while doing other shit, you can't do anything quickly. Even if you're in the plaza itself the player list is utter shit, where you have to be in that specific screen and constantly refresh to see whether someone's getting online or not, and you can't receive trade/battle requests while you're on that screen.
>>
>>33108335
It is a step back from ORAS ok, but I find all the multitasking you ask a bit useless
>>
>>33108344
You might find it a bit useless, but I spend a lot of my time in the game breeding and/or online. For me, being able to be online while doing other shit was the most useful thing ever.
But even for people who just play regularly, if you want to, for example, trade with a specific someone, you have to suspend the game (which sometimes disconnects you from the internet), add them to your friend list, go to the festival plaza, wait a minute to connectOH SHIT IT'S GAME SYNC TIME, wait two more minutes, then go to the player list, press X every two seconds to update the damn list, finally see they're online, request a trade, oh wait they requested the same trade to you so your request times out, hmmm, let's go to the main screen and hope they request the trade again, 2 minutes later they still haven't so you go to the player list and request again, this time they finally accept.
It's a fucking mess. With the PSS you could cut most of this, because you were able to see them being online and whether you were getting a trade request at the same time, and getting online in the first place didn't take so damn long.
>>
>>33108335
>a minute or two depending on whether you need to forcefully Game Sync or not.
Is your internet bad? It takes me like 15 seconds to get online and another 15 for game sync tops, and game sync is barely a problem since you can only do it once every few hours anyway. ORAS's loading of secret base data all the time was way worse.
>>
>>33108318
the problem is that you cant do shit while waiting for other people to battle you

also barely anyone on the pelago wants to battle in the first place
>>
>>33108388
If you want battles you go to Battle Spot or add your friends. Plaza isn't really designed to find random people to challenge.
>>
File: jigg sad.jpg (34KB, 628x340px) Image search: [Google]
jigg sad.jpg
34KB, 628x340px
>version exclusive tents, meaning you'll have to find the one person that has the tent as their first one if you want specific clothing colors
>"You're level 150 now? Let me recommend this one star building. You don't want it? Here's a pearl"
>finally get a shop you want, it's 3 stars and there's no way to get it to 5 stars by spending FC to upgrade
>lots of wonder trading or doing stuff like type matchup to get FC is pretty grindy in itself, not as bad later on but still annoying
>with the PSS gone, contacting friends and trying to trade and battle with them is more of a pain in the ass than it was before
>in order to use online features, you have to go into it, which wouldn't be bad but X/Y's feature of letting my character sit down and just go through the PSS/Super Training/whatever was nice, and I'm glad it didn't force me into a completely different area that I would have to reconnect to everytime I went back in it
>O-Powers are gone, and I miss having random people give me stuff like hatching power while trying to hatch eggs, but even if they were there it wouldn't work well with the new system

I don't know, there were some nice features here and there, but it was more of a drag than anything. It's an okay idea at least, just not executed as well as I hoped.
>>
>>33108278
Female detected. Get out.
>>
>>33108331
Fuck you, you festival plaza fucking slime. When I want to play an online match, I just wanna make a lobby, input my fucking rules/choose a format, and fucking play the game, not run around some half asses Hyrule reading walls of text leveling up shops (?????????) and other misplaced unnecessary shit like that. You're wrong and stupid.
>>
>>33108457
>not playing loli dress up simulator in a Japanese game
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>33108463
m8 the plaza shops have nothing to do with online functionality, you can ignore them
>>
>>33108463
Retarded and autistic, calm down please or they will come to sedate you
Can you realize there is people who think different from you? You seem like a stupid 9yo kid
>>
>>33108331
So you're not going to counter any of what he said?
>>
The Switch will wind up saving Pokemon. Maybe Nintendo will dump some of their employees onto GF to help things along and to polish up their sloppy work as well.
>>
>>33108519
I disapprove the graphic and fps problems, but all the others anon said are delirious sentences
>>
>>33108478
>people think differently from you relax
What the fuck are you a Jr. high school health teacher? Plaza sucks, there is no debate.
>>
>>33108539
In no reality is SM's online acceptable. Tell me one way the online features are good.
>>
>>33108331
Why the fuck do I have to level up a castle in order to battle online? Not to mention even IF I did that, there's only 2 game types. Why the fuck aren't there like 5-10 official formats and any kind of customization in between? One reason: laziness.

I gotta reiterate: any of you defending this are of fucking diseased mind.
>>
>>33108570
>>33108586
Full of retards, I give up
>>
>>33108586
>Why the fuck do I have to level up a castle in order to battle online?
What the hell are you talking about? The 2 minute tutorial? Why is this an issue?

Also most competitive games focus on a small amount of official formats for matchmaking (or often, just one). Pokemon has multiple. You can play any kind of unrestricted custom game with randoms so it's not like the game is forcing you to play a certain thing
>>
>>33108597
We accept your concession.
>>
>>33108618
Thank god a healthy brain
>>
>>33108255
The randomness. That made it annoying.
Besides that, it was pretty useful. And yeah, the online side is worse compared to PSS, but it's still better than most of what we've had. Better than the vast majority.
>>
>>33108255
The thing I hate the most about Festival Plaza is the fact the Battle Restaurant is the only way to quickly level past 60-70. GF completely abandoned exp boosts like o-powers and providing high level, high exp yield Pokemon for those of us who want to level up multiple pokemon at a quick pace. Now there's a time lock and a FC paywall on high level exp and if you have moon, you have to luck out and find someone to buy the 5star restraunt from.

Lack of easy and fun high level leveling (ex. XY Battle Restaurants and Blissey Bases) made me stop regularly playing Sun and Moon since I can't train up my faves and shines past a certain point without an immense grind or spending FC's and waiting a few days for one mon. Poke Pelago is even more of a joke for leveling unless you do the glitch which I'm pretty sure GF patched out. I really hope USUM at least remedies levelling.

Otherwise, I actually like the festival Plaza because I loved dying and hunting for version exclusive clothes, getting all the castles, and finally reaching rank 100. I just wish I didn't have to wait a whole minute to do anything online because of it loading.
>>
>>33108255
Is not that is bad, the problem is that is replacing PSS

This should have been its own thing, like in BW2
>>
>FP
>Rotomdex
>Pokefinder
>UBs and Ultra Space
>The fishing mechanics
>Pokeride

how can such a huge amount of shit/wasted features be concentred into a single game, it's like Gamefreak enjoys torchering all the people who supported the franchise for all these years
>>
Shops should level as they are used and should just use normal currancy.
>>
>>33109195
...and you haven't even mentioned

>SOS battles
>>
>>33109218
But anon, SOS battles are the best way to get shinies, HA and grind for hold items.
>>
>>33108267
How do you find you friends in the park amongst the billions of randomers?
>>
File: 1373860267519.png (46KB, 388x387px) Image search: [Google]
1373860267519.png
46KB, 388x387px
>>33109218
>>33109310
SOS battles would be fine if they needed an adrenaline orb to start them. It's a slap in the face when I'm about to catch or KO something and it calls for help.
>>
File: 1490496683056.gif (2MB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1490496683056.gif
2MB, 245x246px
>>33108255
The only thing I like about it is my 7 (8?) treasure hunt lotto shops that keep me swimming in bottle caps and pp ups. Otherwise, fuck this piece of shit. Half the time it just gives me ultra balls and full heals though, so fuck it at least half the time, anyways.
>>
>>33108255
I understand what the point of it is - it's the PSS made more visual. You actually see your passerbys instead of them just scrolling by before you can even see them.

>>33108318
The thing is, the PSS was superior by virtue of it not requiring you to stop the game entirely. I was able to fuck around in XYORAS while waiting for a friend to come online.

Also, didn't the PSS have more features? Aren't O-powers and just plain old voice chat gone?
>>
>go online in SM today
>online feels totally dead, since I just see the same NPCs every time

>go online in ORAS yesterday
>passerbys scroll by like when the games came out
I wouldn't be shocked if festival plaza was why people are still playing gen 6.
>>
>>33108318
Here's my question - what the fuck is the bottom screen being used for that's so important that they needed to do away with the PSS?
>>
>>33108753

I don't understand, can't you just use lucky egg and daycare?
>>
>>33109733
no SOS would be fine if they the adrenaline orb guaranteed 100% that another pokemon would appear
>Spearow called for help, but one came
jesus fucking christ come on already
>>
File: 1398609657209.png (240KB, 200x230px) Image search: [Google]
1398609657209.png
240KB, 200x230px
>>33109733
this
it was the first time I actually raged over a feature in a pokemon game
>>
>>33109733
For catching, you can at least status them and then they won't call for help. Chaining for HAs is when SOS can become hell, almost everything has some kind of annoying move that makes the process tedious
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.