[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were any Pokémon scraped and used in a later gen other than tortuega?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2484.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2484.png
61KB, 250x250px
Were any Pokémon scraped and used in a later gen other than tortuega?
>>
>>33104622
Shellos was in Gen 3's data.
>>
>>33104637
Yep, Shellos and Gastrodon were originally planned for Gen 3
>>
>>33104622
Tyranitar, gliscor and hitmontop were all meant for gen 1 but were scrapped due to memory storage limitations.
>>
Necrozma was originally meant to be in Red and Green but his data got corrupted - they couldn't delete the data so they had no choice but to leave it in. It's what we know as Missingno.
>>
>>33104622
Gen II is basically entirely made of scrapped pokemon ideas for gen I
>>
>>33104622
Donphan and shuckle were both meant to be gen 1 iirc
>>
>>33104637
>>33104653
Damn part of me always suspected there was something off about this line debuting in Sinnoh. It had this "plastic" feeling to it that I often get from Gen 3 mons (and I don't mean that as a bad thing btw).
>>
>>33104622
Story behind Groudons? I remember reading something about it but forget and Bulbapedia doesn't inform anything about it.
>>
>>33104622
Shellos was supposed to be Gen 3. Cubchoo was supposed to be Gen 2. And I'd imagine several future gen mons were supposed to be in Gen I, since 39 mons were cut from that game.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>33104622
dont know if munna was actually planned for gen 1 or not but still interesting nonetheless
>>
Anyone got a picture of the winged cat statue? I cant wait to see it become a pokemon in a future game
>>
pretty sure like 60% of gen 2 is just gen 1 leftovers
>>
>>33104778
>gliscor
wat?
>>
>>33105522
munna and musharna are just the gen 5 clones of koffing and weezing
>>
>>33107413
Probably meant Gligar
>>
>>33104622

tirtouga wasnt scrapped.. its not like they couldnt come up with a new turtle design without having to go back to scraps from gen2 of all things and then redesign one of those, its a fucking turtle.
>>
>>33105713
>pretty sure like 60% of gen 2 is just gen 1 leftovers
Nope. There were only 39 mons scrapped from Gen 1. It's why there are 39 MissingNO. indexes.
>>
>>33107459
>Koffing and Weezing
You mean Drowzee and Hypno, right?
>>
File: 1500782378250.gif (469KB, 512x807px) Image search: [Google]
1500782378250.gif
469KB, 512x807px
Do you think it is possible to see which Pokémon were scrapped by the sounds of some of the glitch Pokémon's cries? Nine of them have actual cries. There's probably a reason for most of them.
>>
I really need sources for a lot of these claims
>>
>>33108383
Most of these are well known and have been circulating the internet for a while.
>>
I still wonder what would happen if Tajiri just goes back to his CapsuleMonster thing and release it just to see his dreamworld around, there were also those lostmons Papyo, which Im sure became Carnivine, and Buhi, who could fucking be anything by now, and Dragon4, and if it was Hydreigon as Masuda once mentioned that Hydreigon spent like ten years tanked
>>
>>33105519
>Cubchoo was supposed to be Gen 2.
Source? I haven't heard of this one
>>
I wonder if Torchic would've been liked more or less had it kept its original beta design. Also, ffotd: Raikow and Suicune were initially the same pokemon, just like Latias and Blaziken.
>>
>>33105522
nah, more like they referenced that quote in munna's design.
>>
>>33108670
Fusions when?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.