[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 8 discussion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

Gen 8 discussion thread
>>
it's gonna suck
>>
Switch fans in this bitch

No more 240p shit can't wait. For next chapter of Pokemon
>>
Pokemon yellow but with plusle/minun. Every starter from every gen is available and charizard gets a third mega
>>
>>33103818
/thread
>>
Spain or china region
>>
>>33103818
Still a little wide for a handheld forget portability for a second it's not nearly as comfortable as I hoped
>>
>>33103917
All evidence points toward china so probably that.
>>
>>33103936
Do you use pro controller or joy con?
>>
File: IMG_2395.jpg (25KB, 691x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2395.jpg
25KB, 691x281px
>>33104005
Joy-cons attached to handheld like pic related
>>
>>33103917
Mexico region.
>>
>>33104005
I was talking about using it in handheld mode. No issues with console mode. Well besides the lack of features of course.
>>
>>33103917
>>33104079
>China
Fire Rabbit
Water Crane
Grass Sheep

>Mexico
Fire Bull
Water Salamander
Grass Iguana
>>
Predictions:

You're a newcomer to region, just moving into a small town. Immediately you meet a local kid your age, who introduces you to the local professor. After receiving either a Grass, Fire or Water type starter Pokémon from the professor, the local kid will pick one of the ones you didn't and become your rival with a tutorial battle.

The story will involve you traveling across the region, with progression taking place only after defeating bosses. Eventually you will meet an evil team who are trying to accomplish something related to the legendary Pokémon on the game box of the version you bought. You defeat the team and catch the legendary Pokémon, and then challenge the Elite Four to become the champion of the region.
>>
>>33104421
I predict that gameplay will involve battling, catching and raising Pokémon. Players will alternate between moving an avatar around the overworld and playing turn based battles against other Pokémon. Battles are engaged by either random encounters or enemy trainers.
>>
>>33104542
I think that you will slowly raise your Pokémon via experience points gained in battle. You will also probably be able to catch Pokémon found in random encounters.

I have a feeling that early in the game you'll mostly encounter Normal type Pokémon designed after rodents, birds and common mammals, and Bug types designed after insects. I think there's a good chance you'll also be able to find Magikarp, but that's just a wild guess.

Later in the game you'll probably go to a forest or jungle with Grass types, a mountain or cave with Rock types or Pokémon designed after bats, a snowy area with Ice types, and a desert with various Rock and Ground Pokémon. Additionally there will be areas you have to pass using maritime methods of some sort, where you will find Water Pokémon.

This is just a shot in the dark, but I think maybe late in one of the final areas of the game you might be able to find a strong Dragon type Pokémon that only evolves at high levels.
>>
>>33103786

guys you have shitty sources, gen 8 names are;

pocket monsters- zero
pocket monsters- infinity

gf wouldn't let get away this chance during 8 gen and they did it
>>
>>33104692

the mascots are 2 ultra beasts

one existing beyond everything one is "nothingness"

one is hikari [light] type
second is yami type [no, it's not dark type, in the games we have evil type but not yami [dark] type ]
>>
File: zi.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zi.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>33104692
Marilland jinxed it
>>
>>33104771

gf have sketches of the future gens ahead, only masuda and few others know about details, and the games will be on switch because there's no better hardware at this moment for "handheld"
>>
>>33104792

switch is rather solid hardware so they introduced new types and new things to attract people to make them buy the games and the console, game freak is not that stupid and they know that they must create something new enough for the market pokemon on switch should least at least until 2024-26
>>
>>33104810

they rather won't release them earlier than in 2019, but there are plans for end of 2018

they changed the target from 3ds to switch
>>
>>33103936
It's just fine if you put it in a backpack though. You probably weren't putting your 3DSXL in your pockets either.
>>
File: GARBODOR.png (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
GARBODOR.png
67KB, 250x250px
>>33103786
Lemme Guess

NEW HEARTLINK Evolution!! Evolve your Pokemon to a higher state, but only if you're compatible enough!! Restricted to Gen I Pokemon.

NEW SUPER-DUPER Moves - These are like Z-Moves BUT BETTER and also require that you successfully execute a 20-second rhythm minigame in order to launch.

DATE your ANNOYING rival! Certain areas and rewards are unavailable if they are unhappy with you or you ignore them!

A WILD ZANY CROSSOVER with Yokai-Watch, which we contractually agreed to prior to Yokai's popularity plummeting in everywhere but Japan!!

NEW REGION based on Erie, Indiana!!!!

No new Megas! Sorry!! BUT if you're lucky you can WIN Mega Stones in our ULTRA-FUN WEEKLY LOTTERY!!!! also you cannot transfer over mega stones to the new generation due to a programming oversight sorry sorry sorry.

Over THIRTY new POKEMON, consisting of three starter lines, the usual regional rat, bird, and bug, a slow-as-fuck pseudolegendary and fifteen legendaries!!!!!!

FIFTEEN MOVIES tied into the new generation!!! And also a new ANIME SERIES drawn and written by BABIES!!!!!!

GLANCE AT ULTRA SPACE from afar!!

SOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!
>>
>>33104872

and I'm telling you this because this is nothing important but nobody really wants early spoilers for the sake of marketing
>>
Voice acting and orchestrated music please
>>
>>33104914

>>33104901

nope, they will not do that, gf thinks that this is "odd" [voice acting]

but they will make pokemon-trainer interaction more advanced [following mon will return]
>>
>>33104944

3ds amie was only a preview of what they will do, because they have nearly no limitations since 3ds era
>>
>>33104961

but this is all from me, there will be new mythical in Ultra sun and moon
>>
File: 1472580279372.jpg (18KB, 510x476px) Image search: [Google]
1472580279372.jpg
18KB, 510x476px
>>33104692
>>33104792
>>33104810
>>33104872
>>33104901
>>33104944
>>33104978
You some kind of leakeranon? Where the fuck are your credentials?
>>
Pokemon switch

On/ off
>>
>>33104914
VA won't happen, outside of maybe an opening narration and cutscene involving the villain.

Even the new DQ doesn't have VA and that's a significantly higher budget series than Pokémon.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.