[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sound Type Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11

Where my sound bros at? Here is where we discuss the validity (or invalidity) of this notion, mons likely to be associated with Sound, and more things like type charts and new sound based moves. Have fun and keep it civil!
>>
>this shitty idea again
>>
>Yveltal
>no Meloetta

The fuck?
>>
First point of business: Remove Yveltal immediately and include Maractus and Bronzor/Bronzong (Grass/Sound and Steel/Sound)
>>
>>33103481

A Sound type would take away a good chunk of Normal's special movepool, and there are also "sound" moves that aren't Normal type

Sound is best left as an attribute rather than a type
>>
There are all sorts of sound listings, but none of them are perfect. I mean Abra family? POR QUE
>>
Add
noibat/noivern- sound/dragon
>>
>>33103481
Why yveltal and not noivern? is this bait? did I just fall for bait?
>>
>flying bird that literally kills thousands of pokemon just to hibernate
>dragon/sound

Literally why
>>
Sound is the only fake type I'm okay with. There's enough existing mons that fit into it that it wouldn't feel like total bullshit. And would give some overlooked nothing mons some relevance. Exploud in particular always felt like they just slapped Normal type on it because they didn't know what else to do with it. Alien/Cosmic is alright, but has too much overlap with Psychic. Even though I think GF just dumping all alien mons as psychic is also pretty dumb.
>>
Two different anons had diverging opinions for type charts. Which makes more sense?

>Anon 1
Sound Offensive:
S-E: Ghost, Steel, Fire
NVE: Grass, Electric, Sound

Sound Defensive:
Strong: Ghost, Dark
Weak: Electric, Ice

>Anon 2:
S-E: Water, [Steel], Fighting
NVE: [Grass], Ice, Fire, Psychic
Null: Sound

Sound Defensive:
Strong: Water, Fighting, Flying
Weak: Fire, [Ice]
Null: Sound

*What is bracketed with Anon 2 is synonymous with Anon 1.
>>
Thinking of physical sound mons is funny.

Cymballic can be a Pokemon that always holds cymbals and has a unique move called Cymbal Crash, which is just a re-typed Crush Claw.

The I can imagine a slow Fighting/Sound Pokemon that carries a large gong everywhere just to hit it.
>>
>>33103481
>removes fairy from wigglytuff so it isn't sound/fairy
>adds fighting to exploud for no reason
literally what are you doing. i'm not even going to touch on the death bird.
>>
>>33103654
#1 is better. Replace the Ice weakness with a Flying one though (sound can shatter crystals, but is disrupted by wind). And maybe make it NVE against Psychic.
>>
>>33103654
#2 imo, he explained it in another thread and it sounds really solid, plus Sound should def be immune to itself.

>>33104127
The OP image is from XY hype season, it was before they ever officially announced Fairy type. A lot of people were rumoring that they would introduce Sound and Fairy for Yveltal and Xerneas, if you recall. Doesn't excuse the random inclusion of Fighting on Exploud, though.
>>
You know what should be added? Types that are solely defensive or offensive.

For example Sound would be an offensive type, since you can make sound but you aren't fucking made of sound.

Steel could be made into a defensive type, since hitting somebody with steel isn't really any different from hitting them with rocks.

Just to explain what I mean, take Fire type. Fire describes both the type of an attack (shooting flames) and the physical makeup of a Pokémon (they are made of flames). Fire is effective against Grass because it burns them, Water is effective against Fire types because they're made of fire.

But Sound doesn't make any sense as a defensive type. How is Whismur physically any different from a Normal type? Why would it take super effective damage from a certain type just because it can make loud noises?
>>
>>33104243
OP here. I opted to mask over that nonsense but the image didn't save. RIP.

Also I was leaning more towards #1's explanation to sound vs. fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPbHpVbcbrQ
>>
Strong against (Offensive and defense):Water,Steel, and fairy
Weak against(Offensive and defensive) :Ice, Dark, and grass
>>
>>33103521
By having a sound type, I honestly would not mind sound typing having no resistances/super effectiveness against any other type given that list of Pokemon (except the Abra line).
>>
>>33103481
Most of these type change suggestions are retarded. This list is the most accurate.

•Sound type

Strong against fairy, ghost and sound
Weak to sound,
Steel and possibly rock and grass may resist sound
Steel may be immune to sound

•Pokémon changed to Sound type

Igglybuff Sound/Fairy
Jigglypuff Sound/Fairy
Wigglytuff Sound/Fairy

Politoed Water/Sound

Misdreavus Ghost/Sound
Mismagius Ghost/Sound

Whismur Sound
Loudred Sound
Exploud Sound

Chingling Psychic/Sound
Chimecho Psychic/Sound

Kricketot Bug/Sound
Kricketune Bug/Sound

Chatot Sound/Flying

Arceus (while holding Sound plate)

Woobat Psychic/Sound
Swoobat Psychic/Sound

Audino Normal/Sound
Mega Audino Sound/Fairy

Maractus Grass/Sound

Meloetta (Aria form) Sound/Psychic
Meloetta (pirouette) Sound/Fighting

Litleo Fire/Sound
Pyroar Fire/Sound

Noibat Sound/Dragon
Noivern Sound/Dragon

* = maybe

•Moves changed to Sound type

Boomburst
Echoed Voice
Growl
Hyper Voice
Noble Roar*
Perish Song
Relic Song
Roar
Round
Screech
Sing
Supersonic
Uproar
Heal bell
>>
>>33104924
When you imagine a supersonic sound echoing vibrating throughout a Skarmory's and Aggron's structure, I highly doubt they would be unaffected. The mon list is fine though. I'd love for Jynx to have a sound form that drops her Psychic type.
>>
>>33104924
Your type chart suggestion is retarded, but your mon conversions I can agree with. I'd also include Tympile line as Water/Sound, and maybe drop Politoed.
>>
>>33105044
>>33105006
The type chart I made a few years ago and originally didn't too much thought into it. It's very difficult to choose the types for sound.
>>
>>33105044
Politoed makes sense if your read the pokedex entries
>>
I mean, if they make another type at all it's obviously going to be Light type. You guys know this, right?
>>
No >>33105101 (You).
>>
>>33104924
So basically, normal type becomes sound type. Cool idea, guys.
>>
>>33105101
What would Light bring to the table that Fairy (magic, nature, purity), Electric (physical light), or Fighting (honor, justice) couldn't?

Light is not happening.
>>
>>33105119
What do you think fairy type is?
Nearly every pokemon that became fairy was normal
>>
>>33105119
>Implying that this did not already happen with the Fairy typing
>>
>>33104924
>Not having Sound as a counter to Water

Water travels faster through Water than most things, and Water really needs a counter.

Might be a bad idea, but the Kommo-O Line makes more sense being Sound than Fighting. It'd have more Sound-based moves than Fighting-based moves, and Clanging Scales is a Sound based move.

Also, Tympole line, being based on Loud Speakers
>>
>>33105183
>dragon Pokemon ever losing the dragon type
Also I agree with the type advantages but the reason I didn't include the tympole line is because I couldn't see seismitoad losing his ground typing
>>
>>33105204
Kommo-O would lose Fighting, not Dragon.

And Seismitoad based more on Sound than Ground. And we already have Swampert, Whiscash, Quagsire, and Gastrodon. It already has a bigger movepool based on Sound than Ground. Supersonic, Round, Uproar, Echoed Voice, Hyper voice via Level up. Compared to only getting Mud Shot via level up.
>>
>>33104150
Sound should be VE against psychic = they can't focus/concentrate
>>
>>33104277
>Steel could be made into a defensive type, since hitting somebody with steel isn't really any different from hitting them with rocks.
Literally making steel more broken, unless it's week to sound
>>
>>33105543
It should be. Though offensive and defensive types are still stupid.
>>
>>33103481
add politoed and noivern, and yveltal is fine with its original type
>>
File: sound.jpg (319KB, 1029x411px) Image search: [Google]
sound.jpg
319KB, 1029x411px
I feel like more than retyping a lot of pokemon would just suddenly gain access to new Sound moves
>>
>>33106082
do anti-sound gimmicks fall under sound? how does the distribution and versatility of sound moves work? Where is the line between dance and sound's correlation? Kirlia's too much dance not to be sound, but then gardevoir and gallade lose the more distinct hallmarks of the dance gimmick, and either way it makes picking between psychic and fairy, as well as the split into gallade awkward. What about Swanna? Swansong and Swanlake Ballet influences would seem to lean it into Sound, but is the swansong alone enough if we're discounting dance? What happens to Ludicolo if we count dance? It can't lose its unique water/grass typing. etc...
>>
>>33106123
We just make a Dance Type
>>
Never gonna happen idk why so many people like this shitty idea
>>
File: 1494008199582.png (13KB, 551x349px) Image search: [Google]
1494008199582.png
13KB, 551x349px
>>33106082
>mime being sound type
>>
>>33103811
Those sound silly enough to be a thing. But what creatures would they be based off of?
>>
>>33103513
>Ice Punch
>Blaze Kick
>Bite
>Mega Punch

And lets not forget how Fairy pinched a bunch of Normal moves

Out of all the Normal type sound-moves, only 16 would be retyped.

For -ate abilities + Hyper Voice, you simply give those -ate users a new move which is exactly the same but under a new name, easy (something like "Hyper Pulse")
>>
>exploud
>fighting type
It learns a grand total of four fighting moves, and two of them are shit.
>>
SE against
Fairy, Ghost, Psychic

NVE against
Ice, Fighting, Normal, Steel

Takes x1/2 damage from
Fairy, Ghost

Takes 2x damage from
None
>>
While Sound is really the only type I see working in the future, it works fine now as a subset of Normal. To make it most obvious, look at some dual-types which are sound-based...

It's why the Jigglypuff line kept Normal in addition to Fairy, and why the Pyroar line is part Normal as well.

This doesn't work for all sound-based Pokemon, though, especially the Noivern line. That, I guess, could be because an elemental affinity will always supersede Normal.

Just a small rant. I'm sure someone will debate me and that's fine. Like I said, a Sound type would be fine if they made it, I just don't think it's necessary.
>>
>>33103521
>Clefairy
>Not a Fairy
Stop that
>>
>>33103654
How are you supposed to have a ROCK OFF if sound doesn't affect sound
>>
>>33111521
>implying it wasn't made before Gen6.
>>
>>33105101
Nope
>>
>>33109939
Should be SE on Steel, as sound travels faster through solid things. Then again, that would also mean Rock should probably get a Sound weakness -- so forget that, I suppose.
>>
File: tokiya-5.jpg (44KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
tokiya-5.jpg
44KB, 500x717px
>>33103481
Sound type sucks.

I want triple types.
>>
>>33103481
Sound-based is an attribute that makes the move pass through a substitute. It's not meant to be a type by itself.
>>
>>33109939
I don't think it should be SE against Ghost.

Ghosts scare people and make them scream, a ghost shouldn't be scared by scream it should be pleased by it
>>
>>33103654
it should be weak to grass, bug and psychic primarily, those are currently the weakest offensive types
it should resist any of the current spammable stab options ie fairy/flying/ghost in addition to NOT resisting any of the current steel weaknesses ie fire/fight/ground

it should be se against steel undeniably since thats the whole reason youd create a new type, then have at least two more strengths against already powerful defensive types ie water/ground/flying/fairy and maybe normal/ghost
it should be nve against current weak defensive types ie rock/ice/bug/psychic, and maybe grass
also making it resist/immune to itself makes it a pretty shitty coverage option and creates yet another godlike [type]/steel combo, dont do that
>>
>>33103654
Fighting doesnt need any more weakness. If we're also being realistic, noise prevents psychic types from concentrating and sound can shatter ice and cause avalanches
>>
>>33105183
Hell no. Sound travels faster on denser materials, so rock and steel will carry sound faster than water does
>>
>>33117021
It's based on traditional east asian superstition that loud noises drive evil spirits away

East asian logic > western logic on type match ups
>>
Slapping Fighting type on random mons meme needs to die quickly
>>
>>33109885
They dont have to be based on creatures. They can be the concepts personified just like certain fighting or psychic types

Also musical instrument mons without any animal features like Bronzong and Chimecho exist
>>
The only reason we really need a sound type is to nerf steel and fairy
>>
>>33117662
Or you know, just rebalance the existing type chart instead of slapping on more unnecessary types.
>>
>>33117977
This.

But for purposes of balancing using a theoretical Sound type...

Offense
>SE Against
Steel, Water (sound travels faster through denser materials, both are denser than air), Ghost (maybe: loud noises drive away spirits)
>NVE Against
Bug (often make their own noise, unaffected by outside noise), Psychic (concentration so focused they can tune it out), Ice (sound travels slower in cold temperatures)

Defense
>2x Damage
Psychic (insert bullshit reason here, such as using telekinetic abilities to distort sound waves), Bug (balance)
>1/2 Damage
Fairy (again, insert bullshit reasoning here), Ghost (works with the strong offensively and defensively pattern so many types share)
>>
>>33117662
Fairy is literally only a problem when coupled with Steel. Poison weakness is pretty significant otherwise.

And to everyone saying Sound should beat water, it's true that sound travels through water faster, but the liquid structure of water doesn't get negatively affected like amplified sound through steel does. That's like saying that Fighting and Rock should beat water because harsh physical contact makes water ripple. If anything should be S-E to water that isn't, it should be poison because contamination.
>>
>>33119270
You bring up some good points (including Poison SE on Water), but looking at >>33118144, it looks like part of the offensive matchups were determined based on sound wave speed (+ steel, water, - cold temperatures).

Shit, make both Sound and Poison weak to Water. Fuck Water.
>>
>>33119611
Shit. Meant to say make both Sound and Poison STRONG against Water.
>>
- Ghastly Wail
- Sound Type SPECIAL Attack
- 60 Base Power, 90% Accuracy, Priority -6
- After a terrifying wail, the opposing Pokemon is forced to switch.

Re-typed Dragon Tail, Eddy.
>>
>>33103481
We need a gen vii sound mon
>>
>>33121088
Primarina (maybe, Water/Sound)
Trumbeak (Sound/Flying)
Toucannon (Sound/Flying)
Hakamo-o (Dragon/Sound)
Kommo-o (Dragon/Sound)
>>
>>33123015
>Toucannon
That would be great, didn't expect it per se.
>>
>>33123059
To be fair, I only gave it to Toucannon because of Trumbeak, but cannons are loud, so I guess it does still kinda fit.
>>
File: 1499346564095.jpg (13KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1499346564095.jpg
13KB, 230x208px
Stop wanting sound type
>>
>>33123221
>tfw Toucannon gets a new signature move called Cannon Blast that is a physical 100 bp 100 acc Sound-type move

Sounds good
>>
File: IMG_6282.jpg (101KB, 749x781px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6282.jpg
101KB, 749x781px
>>33103481
>>33123241
Keep wanting sound type
>>
>>33123241
>Doesn't want Sound Type
>Posts that shitty meme
I really dislike you.
>>
>>33103499
Legendaries aren't likely to be changed, so Meloetta shouldn't be included either imo.
>>
>>33123241
Keep wanting sound type
>>
>>33123243
Fucking carlos
>>
>>33103538
this was made early in x and y hype season.
>>
You asswipes forgot Noivern and Noibat. The noi literally stands for noise.
>>
>>33103481
why not the cicada family? ninjask bug sound to erase that huge damage from sneaky pebbles
>>
>>33105509
I thought about this differently. Psychics would be akin mindfulness mediation, sounds cannot distract because you are allowing all distractions pass like clouds in your head. Also with Psychic being deliberately established the de facto Cosmic type as of the last two gens, space = no sound. Basically Psychic are immune or at the very least resist Sound.

>Nerfs:
Dark,
-fight or flight=flight, cowardly, guilty
Steel,
-We've all seen the bridge, that but now in cartoon monster physics
Fairy
The hate sounds, preferring secluded woods and caves. Maybe they hate other species' music or use it to locate areas to avoid

>>33125697
This too
>>
>>33119270
You forget this is weaponized sound, like military groups internationally and domestically have tried their hand at a few. There could be a sound status move for the bulk of status conditions. A water type Pokemon would have a notably higher % of water/mass ratio meaning the sound disperses quickly inside of them or in their swimming medium. Either way this would mean one of two things. One, that the sound disperses a la a bulletproof vest (does water need a buff like that) or.. Two, the dispersal is actually more painful than an acute blast because it resonates with the creature
>>
>>33125674
They'd obviously drop the Flying type and become Sound/Dragon, but I suggested it once and some anon sperged out about how it'd be ridiculous to changed the only dual-typed primary Flying types.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.