[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starters relocation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 300px-Unova_B2W2_alt.png (136KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Unova_B2W2_alt.png
136KB, 300x196px
Hi guys, I was thinking about a relocation of the starters in the region that most fit his design/concept. I really think Incineroar and Feraligatr are perfect for Unova as it is based on the U.S.A. (WWE and alligators so common in U.S.A).
Tell me your ideas.
>>
>>33100455
Empoleon fits Kalos well, as does Serperior.
Blastoise could probably fit Alola quite well.
>>
>>33100475
I thought Serperior for Kalos too, and Empoleon too cause based on French emperor Napoleon
>>
>>33100455
>alligators so common in U.S.A.

...huh? Is this a thing? Do people really associate the U.S. with alligators? Because the U.S. covers a large area and alligators are only found in a very small part of it. This is just a really weird comment to me.
>>
>>33100496
I felt like he was reaching too.
If anything crocs and gators are associated with AUS or Africa
>>
>>33100496
Alligators are more linked to U.S.A. than all the others countries that inspired pokeregions
>>
>>33100496
The american alligator is its particular species and is incredibly common throughout the southeast. I would scoff at it being a "very small part of it." The area covered by them is likely larger than many european countries.

Not to mention that it's the only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles naturally coexist.
>>
>Not to mention that it's the only place in the world where alligators and crocodiles naturally coexist.

Are you really sure though?
>>
Also that urban legend that gators lived in New York sewers
>>
>>33100543
Yes, that is a fact. You can find crocodiles and alligators all over the world, but the united states is the only place where their natural ranges overlap.

That's not counting caymans and gharials of course but they're their own thing.
>>
>>33100496
Alligators are only native to the USA and China. American alligator is more well known, so I've mostly associated them with America.
>>
>>33100544
Exactly, and in U.S.A. you can effectively find alligators. You can't find them in Hawaii, France or Japan. So for me Feraligatr is a perfect starter for Unova
>>
>>33100496
You don't even know the place where you live if you say so, american alligators is known worldwide
>>
I see a very alolan design in Venusaur
>>
>>33100580
But that's my point. I don't live in Florida. There isn't a wild alligator within a thousand miles of me. It's not an "American" thing, it's a very specifically regional thing (that, to return to the original question, is nowhere near the part of the U.S. that Unova is based on). It's just very surprising to me to hear that someone associates the U.S. with alligators so much.
>>
>>33100568
>Exactly, and in U.S.A. you can effectively find alligators

Not in New York, you can't.
>>
>>33100610
Man its common name is American Alligator, so it is strongly linked to your country. Even if it is far from your house that doesn't mean that it is not an american thing
>>33100618
There is the legend that alligators live in new york sewers
>>
From Wikipedia:
An alligator is a crocodilian in the genus Alligator of the family Alligatoridae. The two living species are the American alligator (A. mississippiensis) and the Chinese alligator (A. sinensis).

AMERICAN ALLIGATOR
>>
>>33100610
Because they are ONLY found in your country and one other, but the American species is the most famous.
>>
>>33100674
>mississippiensis
>>
>>33100455
Kanto: (Modern Japanese Influence. Kaiju, Cock fighting, etc. )
- Venusaur
- Blaziken
- Blastoise

Johto: (Traditional region, would traditional inspired mons.)
- Torterra
- Infernape
- Samurott

Hoenn: (Isolated Island region, would have the most ancient starters.)
- Meganium
- Typhlosion
- Swampert

Sinnoh: (Temperate Climate, produces the most relaxed starters.)
- Decidueye
- Delphox
- Greninja

Unova: (America, would have the most American starters.)
- Chesnaught
- Incineroar
- Feraligatr

Kalos: (Starters would have some type of royalty theme.)
- Serperior
- Charizard
- Empoleon

Alola: (Tropical region has tropical mons. )
- Sceptile
- Emboar
- Primarina

Or alternatively for Alola:
- Serperior/Meganium
- Delphox
- Primarina
>>
>>33100731
That's the scientific name, the common name says America. And by the way you have some doubts in mississippi being in Usa?
>>
>>33100747
I just thought he might have quoted that because it sounds silly.
>>
>>33100511
>Gators are associated with AUS or Africa
They're associated in places where they don't exist?
Anyway pretty much no mons aside from braviary actually fit the u.s. at least no mons that wouldn't for another region better.
>>
>>33100455
But isn't incineroar based on Japanese wrestling?
>>
>>33100659
even if there were a sewer gator id imagine itd be dead by winter anyway
>>
Emboar perfectly fits Unova. Tiger Mask is a Japanese wrestler, Incineroar can go to Kanto
>>
>>33102120
Emboar is based on something Chinese isn't it? Pretty sure no starter actually fits unova if your only criteria is that unova is based on the united states.
>>
>>33100735
Samurott is perfect for johto and also torterra, it reminds me of japanese traditional bonsai. But Serperior for me is so Kalos
>>33102120
Boss for me emboar isn't so Unovian, it fits more Hoenn or Alola for being wilder regions
>>
>>33100496
tell me another country in the world that has 'gators. Not alligators or crocodiles or crocs, GATORS. That's all-american, baby. YEEEEHAW
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.