[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it! Did you ever quit playing Pokemon since Sun and Moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

Admit it!
Did you ever quit playing Pokemon since Sun and Moon?
>>
>>33099865
Not at all.
>>
>>33099865
No, I went back to Gen 3 and started the series over. Shit even Ruby and Sapphire were better than Sun and Moon.
>>
>>33099865
No, went back and played X because PSS, then Yellow and currently replaying/nuzlocking AS.
>>
>>33099865
I guess so, insofar in that I'm not playing a Pokemon game every waking minute of my life.
>>
>>33099865
Yes, like 2 months, but because of the initial hype for USM I returned for 2 weeks. Now I only return to get the Mega Stones (I lose on purpose to get like 3 or 4 battles).

Now to cause envy, I managed to Signing Up in Weakness Cup, and going to make my team to attack themselves.
>>
No sun and moon are shit but still love Pokemon

I quit cheering for my favourite basketball because they had a season that would make me a bandwagoner
>>
No anon. I'm still playing. I like a lot of the sun and moon pokes
I'm playing my heartgold game mostly tho because it is very comfy
>>
I always tend to go full autism mode where Pokemon is the only thing I play for a few months and after that I never boot it up again until I'm in the mood for it again, which is mostly during hype season.
>>
>>33099917
This, pretty much. I always get around 400 hours logged before I drop it again.
>>
I'm nuzlockeing crystal right now, but I'm taking a break to play through Dark Souls 2 and all the DLC.
>>
>>33099865
I dropped Pokemon completely after an hour of S/M. I will give USUM another try I guess but I've no real hope for it.
>>
>>33099865
no more then usual? I've played other games all my life?
I don't really understand the phrasing.
>>
>>33099865
nope
>>
I haven't played a base game since X/Y.
>>
Haven't touched a Pokémon game since early December, never even finished Moon.
>>
I still haven't completed my first run of Moon. It's fun but it hasn't addicted me like past titles have. I had the same problem with X, where it took me nearly a year of sporadically playing to beat it. I think I miss pixels desu.
>>
File: 1494353904488.jpg (212KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1494353904488.jpg
212KB, 1024x1448px
I replayed Platinum and BW2.

Gonna play ORAS romhack next.
>>
I haven't played any of the recent games, what's so bad about sun and moon?
>>
>>33100322
no post game, level design sucks, cut scenes
>>
>>33100322
Pokemon is a kids games everyone can agree with this

Sun and moon is a pre school cut scene shit fest. Frame rate drops to 5fps during double battles.

It's a mess of a game. Really can't go into much detail than that
>>
Yes, because my Ex girlfriend, who I got heavily into Pokémon with me, dumped me and ruined Pokémon for me for a while cause I associated it with her so much

It's been half a year but I'm getting back into it finally
>>
File: 1380344968409.jpg (42KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
1380344968409.jpg
42KB, 400x330px
>played through sun
>played through moon
>played through virtual console blue twice
>played through virtual console yellow
>played through omega ruby
>in the middle of both another run of moon and y

Why are you even on /vp/ if you're not playing pokemon, my dudes?
>>
>>33100434
/vp/'s hottest new meme is being contrarian about the newer games since everywhere else loves them.
I've played through Sun and Moon twice too. Might start a nuzlocke run of Y soon too.
>>
Just emptied out my Platinum cart so I can restart it for Defog Griatina and regionaltism on Dialga and Palkia.
>>
>>33099865
Nope! The only game that ever made me drop the series for a while was White.

For the time being, I'm chipping away at Pearl. I'd like to replay White and see if I can appreciate it more, but only after I'm done with gen 4.
>>
>>33100709

Have you received the gift eevee yet? Easy way to get a syncer if you reset for it. You can use it to catch an ideal natured Palkia in a heal ball.
>>
>>33100787
Nope, I'm only just now getting into the Oreburgh Mines. I pick up the game, advance a tiny bit, then decide that's a good stopping point.

To be frank, I already have all of my competitive Pokemon in both gens 6 and 7, so I don't really need a Palkia with a good nature. I'm not really planning on transferring anything anyways, which is why I used PKSM to get the mythicals' key items.
>>
>>33100434
Replaying White right now not every has to play Shit Sun and Shit Moon faggot
The games are shit accept it
>>
>>33100878
ebic
>>
>>33100883
they aren't that good though
convince me that they're good instead of memeing
>>
>>33099865
Yeah. Dropped Sun for months after I got to Seafolk Village because that story was so boring and world so lifeless I had to force myself to get to that point. Picked it back up to finish it a couple weeks ago and holy shit everything from that point forward was completely rushed and anti-climactic. Akala island was the only good part of the game.

Now I'm doing a White 2 Nuzlocke and am having more fun than I did the entirety of Sun. I miss when Pokemon was good.
>>
>>33099865
Of course i did. Why the fuck would you keep playing a Pokemon game until another one releases? It's not the only series that exists. There are tons of cases of shit taste though, like >>33101010
>>
Well Pokemon doesn't make up 90% of my life and there are numerous other franchises that I love Kirby, here I come, so I guess?

Note: I only stopped playing because there wasn't anything else to do (and even then, I probably would've eventually got bored and moved on). WT? Burned solid hours on it on Y so the novelty kinda disappeared. Shiny hunting? Already had lot's of them in Poke Bank and I have the ones I wanted from the new ones (not that many, really). Battling? Not interested enough rn, plus Showdown is a thing. Battle Tree? LOL@GF, I had my fill with RNG facilities in XY.
>>
No, and i never will
>>
>>33099865
I played it when it was released. Then busted out my Black2/White2 and played those nonstop ever since. Think I'll just sell my Sun/Moon games next week.
>>
I have tried to finish sun and moon a few times, starting over and trying the new mons.

But it's just such a terrible game. Literally its only redeeming factor is that it's pokemon. How a game can have hours of cut scenes but no depth is beyond me.
>>
>>33099865
I stopped playing because I'm apprehensive about furthering my living dex in a game with no national pokedex
If USUM don't have a real pokedex I'm going to be triggered so hard
>>
>>33099865
Sort of.
Started dicking around with roms, but got tired, and haven't touched my 3DS in a while
>>
Yes. Sun and Moon literally killed my hype and hopes for new games.
I'm very pessimistic about USUM.

I hope they'll fire that Nip with the spectacles that directed SM and that gen 8 will be better. But I have very low expectations. And this is sad.
>>
>>33099865
nope.

the only games that got me to quit were BW. got the box legend and then didn't play 'til XY.
>>
Define quit playing Pokemon, because that's a very vague term probably being used to push some sort of agenda.
>>
>>33099865
SINCE sun and moon? I quit playing pokemon DURING sun and moon, for nearly 9 months. Fucking boring as pigshit game. Finished it now though, didn't get any better.
>>
I did a lot of shiny hunting in Gen 6, but it's not as good in SM. Plus egg hatching is more tedious because of fucking Tauros and no infinite one-hand loop like the Battle Resort. Only come back for Mega Stones.
>>
>>33099865
I jumped on the gen 5 hate band wagon so I skipped them, but I played them a few years later and now they're my favorite.
>>
>>33099865

Didn't started playing SM until January, played Moon once, i'm still on the 2nd island on Sun. Worked on my living dex for a week and stopped.

Am already waiting for gen8 i guess.
>>
>>33100464
>/vp/'s hottest new meme is being contrarian
>everywhere else loves them
Quit being a baby.
>>
File: 1497733046182.jpg (30KB, 292x293px) Image search: [Google]
1497733046182.jpg
30KB, 292x293px
>>33099865
I haven't played Sun and Moon since having a win streak in the battle tower. It has been maybe 4 months or something.

The game was lackluster and unappealing. There was more incentive to stop playing than to pick up the game. It is the first time where I have stopped playing a brand new Pokemon game during the beginning period of the game.
>>
>>33100464
Stop. If this isn't somewhat a shitpost then you are out of touch.

There are people who genuinely like myself were not satisfied by the new installments. There is no way in hell that I would ever replay the games, because of the tedious and monotonous cutscenes and dialogue. There is no replay value in my opinion. Even 6 gen has more replayablity then SM.
>>
>>33099865
I haven't played anywhere near as much because of the game play screw ups...

My main X hit 999:59+ hours in 2 months, for example, while my main copy of Moon is at this moment sitting at just 816:43 when I already had over 2k hours on X as well as 7 other copies of X/Y with around 100-120 hours each at this point in it's life span.

BUT I'm still playing every day as I have for the last almost 19 years, it's just for more like an hour or two rather than 8 or more.

While I'm certainly disappointed in the games, I can't really complain about having more time though. At least I'm finally finding some time to play my backlog of games on PC and some of the ones releasing for the Switch.

Almost certainly won't be caught up by the time US/UM releases, but hopefully I'll have it down to under 50 before US/UM hopefully don't have as many issues so I can actually play them.
>>
>>33103618
Holy shit anon.
>>
>>33099865
yeah, shit's fucking boring
>>
>>33100332
I remember when I was against Fabas (the aether guy, I don't really remember his name) and a aether association employee, the game stopped working for 10min in the middle of the battle because of how shit it gets when more than 2 pokemon appear on screen. I had to reset it, thank god I saved right before this battle.
>>
>>33099865
haven't played in a while after playing Sun, haven't been back on /vp/ in months either
was playing a randomized Red run and got to Victory Road and didn't feel like slowly pushing rocks around while getting distracted by random encounters again

might just replay Gold again for the twentieth time
>>
>>33100835
Pokémon games aren't meant to be replayed unless you're trying to build a Living Dex.
>>
I just started doing a "canon" playthrough of X, then one for Alpha Sapphire. This should hold me out until USM
>>
>>33105084
I don't mind the first three gens (or gen 6), but gens 4 and 5 feel much worse the second time around imo. As does gen 7, but in a different and much worse way.
>>
>>33099865
I Played Colo to do a ribbon master run on a Typhlosion.

Turns out my SP is shot tho, so I ain't got the means to move it off the GC.
>>
>>33105190
It's not impossible if you can access homebrew, whether it's via GC or Wii. If so, you can pull the save right off the memory card and just use PKHeX to plop whatever you want into a gen 3 save file.
>>
>>33099865
I haven't really played since I finished the Pokedex, i got on for events but that's it.
I've been playing YKW2
>>
Since bw, Pokémon games are the same shit
>>
>>33099865
Yeah but that's my normal cycle. I play like, 400 hours during the first month, then get bored and play other games. I normally go back occasionally to breed and batte some, and I have been. Mostly waiting for USUM
>>
Played crystal recenly
Anyone play any good romhacks that aren't ade by drayano
>>
>>33105613
If you like the gen 2 graphic but with a modern touch there's always Prism
>>
>>33105243
>Since rbgy, Pokémon games are the same shit
FTFY but you should be more careful next time. Don't want everybody to know you have brain damage.
>>
>>33099865
I quit for like six months. After forcing myself to finish Sun, I though that maybe I just grew out of Pokemon. That was until a month ago when I decided to try playing Platinum and found myself enjoying it a lot. Now I'm playing Heart Gold again, and it's just as good an experience.

Turns out Sun and Moon were just shit.
>>
>>33099994
This
There are other games besides Pokemon

It's nice to "drop" a game to play others for a while and then get back and explore once again, the content does not run off as fast, and you can still enjoy them until a new one comes out without oversaturating yourself
>>
>>33101010
Nice digits man
>>
>>33106699
>i have fun with Plat(ok)
>forcing to finish SM(ok)
>enjoying HG
Yeah, no. Call SM bad or whatever but HGSS are the most boring games in the franchise to play.
>>
>>33099865

I haven't "Quit" but Sun/Moon REEEEEALLY caused some damage on my interest in the series, the games are just so bad for many reasons.

XY weren't the best but I personally find them better than S/M, but the last 2 generations have definitely lowered my expectations for future games.
>>
>>33099865
Nope. Played some ROM hacks, dicked around with pokecrystal disassembly, started watching the Ashime from the beginning, and recently went back to SM to finish the Dex in time for USUM.

Then I'll probably go back to HGSS, Pt, or ORAS after I play through USUM.
>>
>>33099865
No,in fact I bought a copy of X,because I enjoyed Y a lot and wanted to experience Kalos again.
>>
File: 1126749680630.png (11KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1126749680630.png
11KB, 645x773px
>>33099865
I did.
>>
B&W caused me to take a break from the series for a bit, but after trying and failing to replay SuMo I decided that this time I'd just go back and enjoy some other gens until UlSuUlMo roll around. I just hope they don't start with an hour of tutorials.
>>
>>33099865
Didn't even finish them
>>
>>33099865
No, on the contrary, SM is the best pokemon game!
>>
Yep. Lost interest about a week after being the Elite 4.
>>
I stopped playing in December because I bought Digimon Story:CS and Skyrim:SE but picked Moon up again after a few months. A month or two ago I started a new run in Moon and only stopped because I bought Witcher 3 which I'm still currently playing through the main and B&W DLC quests and trying to get all trophies before I play through again on NG+ DM but when I'm finished I'll probably pick up Moon again and finish my run. They're not bad games, this board just likes to bitch about everything that isn't MUH HOENN or MUH SINNOH
>>
>>33105187
I disagree, replaying gens 1,2, 6 and 7 is terrible for me, almost unbearable. the slowness of the first two gens is awful
>>
>>33099865
I basically just pick it up for the megastones. I don't even throw matches any more.
>>
I was extremely disappointed with gen 6 despite how gorgeous it was and hated gen 7 so far.

If USUM sucks, I think I'm done with this franchise. It's clear I'm just not entertained by it and I cannot justify paying even 10s of dollars to a series I am becoming more and more indifferent towards.

The games are dull, the community and fanbase is awful, Pokémon just sucks
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.