[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game worth my time/money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Or should I just reply Explorers of Sky or Blue Rescue Team?
>>
>>33099149
it has over 120 dungeons, 720 Pokemon, cool story, all starters (gen 1-6) avaible as starters and partners, best visuals yet, fantastic music and its very challenging.

Yes its worth the money.
>>
>>33099210
Okay thank you! How's the difficulty?
>>
>>33099339
Its one of the tougher games. Some of the dungeons are ridiciulous. You'll need to use lots of wands and emeras (new gimmicks) but thats also what makes it more fun. If you like challenge that is

The good thing is that the partner Pokemon (and your party mons in general) have a lot better AI (still not perfect but a lot better) and they also can attack from behind your back without hurting you (and you can do the same)
>>
>>33099354
Okay that sounds great, I was worried they would simplify the newer games thanks for the info fren!
>>
>>33099383
Nah its not simplified at all in my opinion. No problem
>>
Everything posted in this thread so far is absolutely correct, but I feel the need to point out a few flaws:
The story isn't as good as the other games. It starts really slowly and boring, then suddently gets fast and weird towards the end.
While the main story is difficult-ish, the post-game is just "go and find x mon" 600 times, for every mon you didn't get in the main game. You can pick your difficulty, and there are some difficult dungeons (including 2 or 3 level-reset dungeons, tons of legendary bosses, and a 99F dungeon), or you can roid your stats to the max, but it's mostly just grinding.
The only way to recruit mons is through these "go and find x mon" missions. Some mons are locked until you complete specific missions, so you don't really get to pick what to recruit. Besides, recruited mons can go on random "breaks" whenever they feel like, leaving you unable to use them until the next day, if you're lucky. The default recruit path yields you some level50 mons very early on, which can help you even rescue yourself through pelipper island. You can't use them in story missions and they often go on very long breaks.
Other than that, I've logged more then 100 hours into it, and I have two dungeons left to complete for 100% completion, if that's saying anything.
>>
>>33099477
all pokemon have character, I didn't feel bored at all
having to make new teams was also very fun
>>
>>33099477
>>33099545
Thank you both! I'll be sure to pick this game up. I'll probably play exporers of sky and blue rescue team for a full on nostalgia trip.
>>
>>33099564
it's not about nostalgia
the games are great on their own
>>
>>33099149
I think it depends on what you look for in md games

The story is a copypaste from gates with a different excuse
Features are lacking and mega evolution should not have even been in this game if it's almost impossible to find the seed needed for it..

Otherwise, has the biggest world, a better recruitment system and 120 dungeons
>>
>>33099867
Ohyea, forgot to add it is more difficult than usual md games, but really it all comes down to emera/wand spam..

Also literally hardly any postgame aside from recruiting pokemon and a minor epilogue

I liked the 1st part of the story tho. It was a unique setting and made the characters feel alive...went downhill fast after that tho and became a copypaste of the gates story
>>
Is Gates enjoyable after the first chunk of dialogue every minute? I don't mind powering through if the gameplay is good. I've got both Gates and Super and would prefer to finish Gates if it's good before moving into Super.
>>
>>33099890
If you have both and intend to play both at some point in time, then it depends whether you wanna ruin Super for yourself..it is the superior version and if you play gates..the story of super is gonna start feeling too familiar to you after gates

The same way, if you play super before gates, gates is gonna feel like utter trash to you cause it has nothing to offer. No postgame, no memorable characters and the story will just be a different variant of super
>>
>>33099904
>shitting this hard on Gates' story

>>33099890
Gates is one of the worst Mystery Dungeon games overall. The story is actually the best. The characters are well-developed and the plot doesn't feel forced.
It also has some interesting features such as multiplayer and the paradise in general.
Other than that, the gameplay is shit. If you don't care about and/or don't like the story, you're not going to get much satisfaction from playing it.
>>
>>33099920
>>33099904
In that case I'll definitely play Gates then Super since I usually like to hammer the post game and if Gates is more of a just story then done kinda game it'll be easier to move into Super and take my time 100%ing that.

I still remember sleepless nights recruiting Kecleon just to show my friends it wasn't a myth we read in a gaming magazine
>>
>>33099934
Best choice. Gates has virtually no postgame besides completing paradise (which really isn't worth it), and recruiting every mon if you're into that.
>>
>>33099920
Ok, I admit I shat on it more than it deserves, but still, I don't deem it the best story of all md games and I liked the rehash of it in super more
>>
It's very fun, but IMO it gets a bit too tedious in the endgame.

It's the hardest one in the series, not counting Sky's Celestial Tower and the Zero Isles, plus it has a lot of new mechanics and QoL upgrades.

The story isn't as good as EoS though. It sure didn't make me cry, and IMO the partner is a bit annoying at times.
>>
>>33099149
Yes. I loved playing through it. The only reason I haven't played through it again is because I don't have space to redownload it because of Pokemon Sun and Moon.
>>
>>33099149
I still can't see this game's cover without thinking of compoundeyes haunter
>>
>>33099904
>No memorable characters and the story will just be a different variant of super
The fuck m8

>>33099934
that's the best way to do it, just play them for the story, since that's why a lot of people play these games.

>>33100010
>but still, I don't deem it the best story of all md games and I liked the rehash of it in super more
i think Gates has the most solid story with the least things to complain, characters were solid and likeable and the plot twist made sense, something that i can't say about Super.
>>
Depends on what you're looking for. RT's got a lot of challenge in some aspects and is more closer to a typical roguelike. Forced quicksaving, more item management required than later games, and new party members that faint before you make it out of their dungeon die for good. Explorers casualizes it a bit, but has more of a plot that some people like.

Super's got some challenge in a different way than what RT and Explorers have. Recruitment is different, some people don't like it at all since you only get one of every species, can't name them, and removes the "capturing" aspect of it. Plot is terrible, hold B throughout the game because it's just a total mess. Everything after Serene Village plays out like a bad fanfic.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.