[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you think of these off-model drawings as "good art?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: vulpix_by_huiro-d7hgbxd.jpg (77KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
vulpix_by_huiro-d7hgbxd.jpg
77KB, 917x871px
Why do you think of these off-model drawings as "good art?"
>>
>>33098979
how is it off model
>>
>>33098979
1:1 recreations of official art are boring, while more stylized fanart tends to have appeal and often allows people to see Pokémon in a new light.

Nothing's off model if you can recognize it. It can be shittily drawn of course but arguing against off model drawings is dumb.
>>
File: it's a trap, nigga.png (588KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
it's a trap, nigga.png
588KB, 600x655px
>>33098979
>off-model
Why do people like to use terms they know nothing about?
Nigga, if that's what you called "off-model", then the only remotely "good art" would be literal traces of official arts.
>>
File: Syd_Mead_LF.jpg (37KB, 565x638px) Image search: [Google]
Syd_Mead_LF.jpg
37KB, 565x638px
>>33098984
>>33099047
>not noticing the nonexistent snout
>not noticing the enlarged eyes and ear
>not noticing the larger head

>>33099007
>more stylized fanart tends to have appeal and often allows people to see Pokémon in a new light
>*more stylized fanart tends to have sex appeal and often allows pokephiles like me to fap at Pokémon more easily
Fixed it for you.
>>
>>33099104
it's called chibi dad! gosh you westerners will never understand moe
>>
Most of my favourite TCG art is heavily stylized, I don't know why fan art should be critcized for not being perfect recreations of the official art
>>
File: vulp.png (580KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
vulp.png
580KB, 917x871px
>>33099104
is this better then
>>
>>33099104
>Implying somethingsomething
Nope, noticed that. Doesn't bother me to the point of accusing it as "off-model".

Also, way to assume something the other anon didn't say to fit your argument. Very mature.
>>
>>33098979
I don't know but those fangs and paws look really cute and sexy
>>
File: IMG_0220.jpg (21KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0220.jpg
21KB, 250x238px
>>33099104

I'm picking up some strong projection from this post.
>>
Extremely boring, daft, and unimaginative people should have no say in art.
>>
>>33098979
Same reason drawings of people look better than people, it emphasizes good features. That drawing in particular also has nice clean lines and colors.
>>
The real problem is cutesy art of Pokemon that aren't meant to be cute and evolve from something more appropriate for cute art
>>
File: smug anime girl.jpg (42KB, 498x509px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl.jpg
42KB, 498x509px
>>33098979
Why do you think of THESE off-model drawings as "good art?"

It looks nothing like an actual human being.
>>
File: efbaited.png (2MB, 2560x4221px) Image search: [Google]
efbaited.png
2MB, 2560x4221px
>>
>>33099895

This is now a cringe/autism thread.
>>
>>33099808
Hideous.

Kobato's the better blonde grill anyway.
>>
>>33099999
>>
>>33099007
I think this may be part of the reason why a lot of 1:1, static fan art tends to get fewer views in most cases, while wild, dynamic, alternative shit has a wider appeal. The latter adds or enhances different aspects of the source material. 1:1 shit only has such an appeal if the artist were trying to dazzle their audience with photorealism or something.
>>
>>33099895
How is this at all capworthy?
>>
>>33099895
This is isn't cap-worthy and is also awfully done.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.