[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

7 bits of trivia about the new movie from director Kunihiko Yuyama

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: DEukQxYUwAAhgV2.jpg (420KB, 2048x1126px) Image search: [Google]
DEukQxYUwAAhgV2.jpg
420KB, 2048x1126px
>"Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You!" is a parallel world split off from episode 1 of the TV series"
>When Satoshi and Pikachu saw Houou in the first episode of the TV series, no Rainbow Feather fell down. In this year's movie, we enter a parallel world the moment that Houou feather falls. This event thus creates a split between a world where the feather fell and a world where the feather didn't fall. In the TV series, Satoshi is currently continuing his adventures in search of Pokémon he's yet to meet in the world where the feather didn't fall.

>"Satoshi chose Pikachu in the anime series out of consideration for the children playing the video games."
>(The first episode of the TV series depicts the 10th birthday of Satoshi, a boy living in Masara Town, which is the day he can become qualified to be a Pokémon Trainer. He was supposed to receive a partner Pokémon from the Okido Laboratories, but he overslept, and all that was left for him was a Pikachu that did not take kindly to humans.)
>In the first Pokémon video game (released in 1996 for the Nintendo Game Boy) players can choose between a Fushigidane, a Hitokage and a Zenigame as their first Pokémon. When we were creating the anime, we took pity on the children that would have chosen one of the two Pokémon Satoshi didn't pick, so we decided to give him an entirely different one, choosing Pikachu for this purpose. Pikachu was a very likable Pokémon, since it was able to express both cuteness through its looks and strength through its "100 000 Volts" of electricity. When we first started making the show, I liked the idea of it being able to last for 3 years, and now it's gone on for 20. This is thanks to Pikachu's characteristics keeping the series on air. Pikachu really is amazing.
>>
>>33092080
>"The Onisuzume flock is 20 times larger than it was in the TV series"
>In the first episode of the TV series, the flock consisted of about 50 Onisuzume, but in the movie there are 1000 of them. When we made the first episode, everything was hand drawn, so we were limited in what we could do, but since we used CG this time, I wasn't satisfied with having 500 and doubled it to 1000. Yes, I know the exact number (laughs).

>"Satoshi's outfit was made fashionable."
>Satoshi's clothes look similar to how they did in the first episode of the anime, but they've been modernized. The design was done by Ken Sugimori, the man that designs the characters for the game series. The symbol on the cap he wears in slightly different, and 20 years ago his shirt had a large collar, his pants were baggy, and he even had his shirt tucked into his pants (laughs). I had to compare the two designs myself to actually notice, but they really are quite different from each other.

>"The Trainers having a Pokémon battle at the start of this year's movie are... them!"
>The battle is between a Fushigibana and a Kamex. Even though this is a parallel world, I thought about when these events were taking place and figured it would make sense for the skilled Trainers that appeared in the first movie, "Mewtwo Strikes Back" (from 1998), to meet each other in a tournament, so I had Sorao and Sweet appear.
>>
>>33092087
>"The person symbolizing the 20th anniversary of Pokémon is Shoko Nakagawa"
>Joy, the nurse that heals Pokémon at the Pokémon Center, is a character everyone playing the games is truly indebted to. Much like how there are children that admire their teachers who end up becoming teachers themselves, I imagine there are children (in the Pokémon world) that admire Joy who grow up and start working at Pokémon Centers. For this reason, I thought casting Nakagawa, who grew up on Pokémon, as Joy would be a nice symbol of the 20th anniversary."

>"Satoshi is eternally 10 years old."
>The truth is that no time has passed since Satoshi set off on his journey. He's eternally 10 years old. I've feel like I've always aimed the show at my 10 year old self, focusing on things that I assume children Satoshi's age will like or find enjoyment in when they watch it. There are things I liked when I was 10 that I still like even after becoming an adult, and if I truly think about it, I feel that at the very core of my being, I haven't changed that much since I was 10, I've just gained a lot of extra bells and whistles.
>>
>>33092100
how does this guy justify traversing 7regions in less than a year?
>>
>>33092145
Same way Bill Watterson justifies Calvin celebrating 10 Christmases while still being 6.
"It's a cartoon".
>>
>>33092145
It's a cartoon
>>
>>33092087
>the characters from the Mewtwo movie were in the opening sequence
That's pretty cool.

I guess this also confirms that Cross was the one who picked Charmander in both timelines, since the feather and hat were the only things different.

>Damien's Charmander died in the rain in the movie timeline
>Cross's Charmander died in the rain in the main anime timeline
>>
>>33092444
>That's pretty cool.
Yeah, but it's not news, they've shown that scene on TV to promote the movie several times at this point.
>>
>>33092087
>since we used CG this time, I wasn't satisfied with having 500 and doubled it to 1000. Yes, I know the exact number (laughs).
Absolute madman.
>>
>>33092087
>The design was done by Ken Sugimori
Wait what
>>
>>33092145
It's a cartoon, faggot.
>>
File: kek.png (277KB, 600x519px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
277KB, 600x519px
>>33092080
>This is thanks to Pikachu's characteristics keeping the series on air.Pikachu really is amazing.
>Implying Pokemon only stays on because Pikachu
Yeah,how about no?
>>
>>33097629
Is he really wrong, though? Pikachu is crazy popular.
>>
File: samuel_oak_pokeball.jpg (66KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
samuel_oak_pokeball.jpg
66KB, 600x480px
>>33096126
He does a fair bit of movie designs.
>>
>>33097728
I was under the impression that those were just promo art based on existing designs. Yuyama says the new Ash outfit was done by him from scratch.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.