[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the HELL were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ghost offense.jpg (15KB, 123x209px) Image search: [Google]
ghost offense.jpg
15KB, 123x209px
what the HELL were they thinking?
>>
what's the issue
>>
About making the best type
>>
>>33086992
People were complaining that Ghost was a shitty offensive type, so they decided to make it good.
I don't see the problem. It's balanced by the fact that most ghost moves have low to middling base power and the really powerful ghost moves either have an offset, or are exclusive to a mon or two. Honestly, ghost is one of the few typings Gamefreak did near perfect on.
>>
>>33086992
Anon, that's the fixed version. It used to hit psychic for 0x.
>>
>>33087037
t. Marshadow
>>
>>33086992
two with increased power, two with decreased power (one of which is an immunity). i don't really see the issue honestly.
>>
You can blame this cunt for ghosts and knock off spam.
>>
It's balanced by the shit super effective coverage and weak STABs.
>>
>>33087059
Nearly perfect neutral coverage, and the only types not particularly maimed by it don't have a lot of viable representation - Tyranitar, Weavile, Chansey, and M-Gyara are the only Ghost resists viable in OU that I remember off the top of my head. Oh, and not to mention that Fighting perfectly compliments it.
>>
would a normal/ghost mon be broken
>>
Ghost is now super effective against Fairy.
Gay people are afraid of ghosts.
>>
>>33088365
In that case it should be strong against Dark.
>>
>>33088365
People tested a few stallmons like Chansey and Avalugg with Normal/Ghost typing and they were an absolute nightmare to take down without a hard hitting Pursuit trapper. You could also make a broken Normal/Ghost offensive mon by giving it Extreme Speed and/or Boomburst in addition to stats and movepool of popular offensive mons.
>>
>>33088403
>Chansey and Avalugg
Well maybe it would have been a bit more bearable if they didn't choose the two bulkiest mons with reliable recovery in the game.
>>
>>33086992
i think ghost should resist fairy
>>
>>33086992
>what the HELL were they thinking
Nerfing Aegislash in the same game it debuted, that was what they were thinking.
>>
>>33088555
>nerfing
Shadow Ball off 150 SAtk with almost no good resists is one of the many things that sent it to Ubers
>>
It's alright. If anything, other types need to lose resists to types like bug or grass and steel needs to get axed.
>>
>>33088422
Yeah, Avalugg becomes really good given almost any other typing and Chansey is amazing as is, so I dunno if that says that much about ghost/normal. Expect that it's a better typing then ice or normal, which seems fairly obvious.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.