[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I did some Math about Ultra sun and moon quite book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

So there's separate books. The guide book and the alolan pokedex books are 2 different things. But they do show pokedex off alola in guide book just not in detail

So in sun and moon guide. Each page contains 32 Pokemon. So it takes up roughly 9.5 - 10 pages.

So even if they put the whole fucking 820 Pokemon. (Which they won't) it's only gonna take up a 16 pages more but USM book is 130 pages more.

So definitely a lot of new features in the games
>>
>>33085747
I don't want to get my hopes up, but thanks for the info OP.
>>
File: IMG_1281.png (831KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1281.png
831KB, 750x1334px
See for yourself. 32 Pokemon on 1 page.

That's why platinum book was so huge because they combined pokedex book and guide book into 1 book
>>
>>33085747
How many pages is it
>>
>>33085747
There is no way they do 130 pages of extra content, It is more likely that they change the format.
>>
File: IMG_1285.jpg (950KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1285.jpg
950KB, 960x960px
2 different books guide book and pokedex
>>
>>33085762
USM is 480

Sun and moon 352
>>
I'm saying there's gonna be a shit of content but there's gonna be a fair amount of new features in ultra sun and moon
>>
>>33085758
I'm trying to be optimistic about the games that's all
>>
I just bought a 3ds. Should I buy pokemon sun or just wait a few months while playing different games? Is it going to be like a remastered pokemon? or a sequel? I wish they would be clear on that so I can decide what to buy.
>>
>>33085875
But that's not allowed here. According to the rules you have to be so autisticly pessimistic it borderlines retardation.
>>
>>33085879
Just wait for 4 months.

It's platinum, crystal and emerald

The definite version with most content. Buying sun and moon now is a waste. The online play is pretty dead
>>
>>33085747
What if it's not new features and the plot is just longer?
>>
>>33085889
I think everyone here loves Pokemon. Some more than others.

I don't blame who aren't over analyzing and optimistic like me. Sun and moon were average games.

But it's good have some hope that the games will turn out to be pretty good
>>
>>33085915
I mean Masuda during the direct said there is more feature and it's the ultra version of gen 7.

So new versions is confirmed. It's not debatable. The amount of new features is what I'm thinking of
>>
>>33085771
Not saying there is
>>
>>33085923
Gen-warring aside, I truly hope Unno improves Sun and Moon greatly like he did with Black and White. And also implements PSS and Join Avenue, Festival Plaza's beyond saving.
>>
File: giphy.gif (731KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
731KB, 540x304px
They mostly do this so that they can sell the Pokedex guides sepretly

From what it seems like right now, it looks like we're getting HGSS and BW2 number of additions when it comes to new features judging by how previous guides are laid out

Posted links to some previous guides below if anyone wants to compare/contrast

>HGSS:
https://www.docdroid.net/h46g/prima-2010-pokemon-heartgold-soulsilver-johto.pdf#page=5

>Black and White:
https://www.docdroid.net/h57f/prima-2011-pokemon-black-white.pdf#page=3

>BW2:
https://www.docdroid.net/h58i/prima-2012-pokemon-black-white-volume-2.pdf

>Emerald:
https://www.docdroid.net/h2av/prima-2005-pokemon-emerald.pdf
>>
>>33086476
Very very interesting. Definitely getting BW2 level features additions. If they can fix story and limit cut scenes

The games could be best ever
>>
>>33085879
Get XY or ORAS
Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver are there too so that should last you long enough until USUM come out
>>
File: xjlmv0erxx8o6rpyzjpw.png (387KB, 805x236px) Image search: [Google]
xjlmv0erxx8o6rpyzjpw.png
387KB, 805x236px
>>33086476
I'm starting to think these two moments have meaning.
>>
>>33085747
Dont be stupid

After closer inspection
>"The scoop on where to find items, how to use advanced battle strategies, and more!'

Last time they did it i BW2 book it took 80 pages of them explaining how battles, items, abilities etc work

Usually guides for updated games and remakes are much thicker because they put shitton of lists, indexes and tutorials in them. Hence why XY and SM guidebooks are so much thinner than ORAS despite all three lacking content
>>
>>33085747

For all you know, a lot of the pages could just be illustrations of areas around Alola.
More pages doesn't necessarily mean a lot more content, they could've changed the way they had the dex list and have less Pokemon on each page.

People really need to stop getting their hopes up with Pokemon games now...
>>
>>33087542
>>33087560
Even if it's chocked full of lists and illustrations, they're still working with over 100 extra pages

The guide for BW1 spent around 56 pages explaining how the games work, compared to BW2s 80, and then the rest of that ones new page count was the new content

For comparisions sake, Emerald covered all of it's postgame content, Battle Frontier and Legendaries included, in just 6 pages in its own guide
>>
>>33086476
My bad, I posted the Pokedex guide for Black and White instead of the story guide for Black 2 and White 2
>>
>>33087628
Emerald guidebook is one of the worst in the series. the guidebooks were shit in general untill Platinum

I think people need to stop hoping for the content like gens 4-5. You will get new stuff but it wont be what you think it is
>>
>>33087451
I can see it happenening
This is the first game since BW2 they would have had time to implement something like it since they arent making a new generation game or remake from scratch, just expanding from Sun and Moon
>>
>>33087649
>This is the first game since BW2 they would have had time to implement something like it since they arent making a new generation game or remake from scratch, just expanding from Sun and Moon

Wrong. There was almost 2 year break between BW and BW2. There's a year between SM and USUM and 3ds is harder to work with than a DS
>>
>>33087659
I'm sure the production of GF first full 3D game had no effect on this time.

>3ds is harder to work with than DS
Actually what, this game isn't being built from the ground up and that's where the issues pop up.
>>
>>33087685
Ok then expect USUM to be BW2 or Platinum tier just like ORAS was HGSS tier right?

Good luck with that
>>
>>33087695
That's literally the reason they're making it

To expand on everything Sun and Moon did and stuff in everything they didnt do
>>
>>33087799
If you're expecting a game that is better in every way possible than SM then you'll be sorely disappointed. This game more than likely will just offer you some tweaks here and there and more forms and z-moves

This fanbase was cucked three times in a row but they still expect GF to go all out "just because". Dream on

Its late July and we still dont have even artboxes. That means they have almost no new stuff to reveal
>>
>>33086174
Sorry anon, but Unno is not confirmed to be the director . That would be a welcome fact, but its just speculation right now
>>
>>33086476
if you happen to be able to post xy/oras/sm guides, thats more accurate because apparently up till xy, guides were made by someone else and made in a different way so comparing to old ones might not be the best thing
>>
>>33088321
It's not like Unno is the only competent person in the world
>>
>>33088350
Naturally, he isnt, but arguably the best games so far have been made by him and thats why itd be a welcome thing to have him as a director..but people think he will direct USM only because he has USM as his twitter banner
>>
>>33088268
>three times in a row
five times
>>
>>33088358
If you think BW2 isnt loaded with content then you're dumb
>>
>>33088364
There is not a fucking single miserable ribbon on the entirety of gen V, literally the worst games of the series
>>
>>33088371
OMFG BW2 HAS NO RIBBONS SO THE ENTIRE GAME IS DEAD. DOESNT MATTER ITS STUFFED WITH SHITTON OF OTHER FEATURES, ITS DEAD BECAUSE NO RIBBONS!!!!
>>
>>33085759
So no regional dex additions?
>>
>>33088384
There is no point in overcoming all of those challenges if you don't get a way to prove it, you can't prove that you won the pokemon musicals, that you defeated the elite 4, that you cleared a difficult trial at the battle facility, or that you managed to complete pretty much anything at all, what's the point of having so much content if you can't prove any of it? it's totally pointless, what a garbage generation with the shittiest pokemon designs, too bad you need to finish the main story to import your pokemon into the next gen, even HG/SS included a ribbon, a single ribbon on the entire game, but a very special one, it really made clearing the game worth it
>>
>>33088415
Cry more faggot. You want a proof? play it and keep your copy, there you have a proof
>>
File: search your feelings.jpg (225KB, 1172x1202px) Image search: [Google]
search your feelings.jpg
225KB, 1172x1202px
>>
>>33088425
Too late, I sold it a long time ago and bought Pokemon XY, an objectively better gsme, part of an objectively better generation than BW/B2W2 with lots of ribbons, better pokemon designa & better challenges.
>>
>>33085747
SM were the evil counterparts of BW, being new games on an existing console but removing everything BW added and going backwards in the aspects BW went forwards in, so naturally Ultra will disappoint and disgust us in ways we couldn't even think of.
>>
>>33088439
and yet bw2 were announced as sequels, automatically meaning theyd have more diversity than BW

USM is announced as a glorified 3rd version split in 2 for reasons that are 99% not legit.

Not trying to shit on USM without knowing anything about them, but it's true theyll need to do better than your average 3rd version to be deemed worthy of comparison with bw2
>>
>>33088371
>>33088415
>>33088458
>crying about no ribbons in b2w2
>thinks xy is better game than b2w2
seek help
>>
>>33087451
>yfw it's just the Battle Tower
>>
>>33088507
>Crying
not even close, you got butthurt because I pointed out such a pretty blatant flaw on your cherished gen V
>>
>>33088522
i pity you for how serious you take ribbons. it's just sad, get over it.
>>
>>33088522
Who cares about ribbons when there's the medal challenge, which is pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>33088439
Bullshit. People were a lot more curious why there are two games and why they're sequels.

Stop pushing your imagination as fact
>>
Tfw when your op and you just wake up and see the thread with 50 replies thinking a meaningful discussion happened but

It's just unovababies bitching like usual
>>
Since Pokemon x and y. The Pokemon company international was the one publishing the books

Before that it is was prima. Not compareable
>>
>>33088736
your thread is still worth reading, OP
>>
>>33088736
At least yours is still up
>>
>>3308826
I mean we got our first infomation about black and white 2 April 12th 2012 and release of games were June 23rd

So USM has until September to match that timeline
>>
>>33088734
>People were a lot more curious why there are two games and why they're sequels.
Stop pushing your imagination as fact
>>
>>33088268
>This level of pessimism
C'mon anon, have some hope
>>
Why did anyone expect the battle frontier in x and y and sun and moon even the the GBA and ds games never had it in the first versions.

Only oras you can say you got cucked not 3 times
>>
>>33088964
Hope for what? Thats the point. People just constantly try to pretendd nothings changed but it did.

You can hope for new alola forms, new trials, new z moves, upgraded Pokefinder with new spots, few new areas like golf course and the pikachu zone, few new characters, new cutscenes and maybe 3-5 old cameos (with the likes of Lance, Diantha and Crasher Wake because these are mentioned by other characters in SM). Anything else is just not realistic. Its time to deal with it. GF doesnt do longer games anymore. Main story, league, 1 hour extra post game storyline, basic battle facility and bye bye a gogo
>>
>>33089077
Let's just screencap this until the game comes and and we'll see whether GF pulls their head out of their ass and makes an actual good game or your notions end up being correct and we can no longer expect an actually enjoyable game from them anymore.
>>
>>33089197
I can enjoy a Pokemon game without a huge battle facility
>>
>>33089220
I can too but, y'know, it'd be nice to not settle for the bare minimum 3-4 times in a row.
>>
>>33089274
If the battle frontier was in sun and moon. The games still wouldn't be good. There's different issues with game

Adding battle frontier can't make a bad game good. It can make a good game great though
>>
I think games will definitely have new features
>>
>>33088736
blame the anon who is crying because one game didn't have ribbons, as if anyone cares about ribbons to start with.
>>
>>33089220
>>33089274
Its not even about Battle Frontier or Battle Facility in general. Its about the games being so short in general. DP had a whole extra island (bigger than lets say Poni thats for sure) post game, BW had 1/3rd of the region in the post game and they were the "first games". Obviously fancy battle facilities like Frontier or PWT are the main thing that staands out but not only. Was Pokefinder fun? No. Festival Plaza? No. Battle Royal? No. Pelago? Sure its useful but hardly fun. These games are getting messier with each intsallment and thats not good
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.