[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just picked up a Nintendo switch waiting for Pokemon switch.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

Is Pokken DX worth picking up?
>>
>>33084279
no
I played pokken for a week and got bored, and I heard everyone had the same experience
>>
>>33084279
>buying a console for 1 game

Enjoy your dead console.
>>
>>33084279
Absolutely. I've been playing Pokken since Day 1 and I love it. The competitive scene is still going strong and it's only going to get bigger once DX hits.
>>
I'm back because I saw Pokken.

Competitive player since day 1, I'll answer any and all questions.
>>
File: IMG_1275.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1275.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33084325
I'm not opening it until I get a game

I only bought 3ds for Pokemon
>>
>>33084279

My bro Sceptile all the way int he fucking back.

Fuck this.
>>
>>33084327
what if we don't care about competitive and never really played fighting games outside of DB?
>>
File: 1.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
>>33084279
It's a good fighting game. I'd say DX isn't worth it at all if you've already bought Pokken Wii U, because DX only adds 1 new character and 1 new mode (the other "new" characters are just cut content they decided wouldn't sell more Wii Us). I personally won't be picking it up unless I can do so at a substantial discount, but I'll be rooting for my boy.
>>
File: 1458343610909.png (558KB, 752x531px) Image search: [Google]
1458343610909.png
558KB, 752x531px
>>33084355
Nah dog, he's at the very top, symmetrically aligned with his bro Blaziken. It's a good placement.

He wasn't in ANY of the promotional material for the Wii U release.
>>
>>33084385
Isn't Pokken's Blaziken a female, you fucking husbandofag?
>>
File: 1402302649571.jpg (256KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1402302649571.jpg
256KB, 500x400px
>>33084392
No, you fucking waifufag.

Don't fuck chickens.
>>
>>33084358
Then it's still a fun game to play with friends. It isn't too difficult to pick up and multiplayer is getting refined in DX to not be complete cancer.
>>
>>33084418
>it's actually male
fuck this, I'm not buying Pokken DX
>>
>>33084349
Get breath of the wild. If you like exploration you will really enjoy it. I've been playing it for a while now and it's been really fun so far.
>>
>>33084438
Better yet, jump off a high bridge. Maybe you can meet some fellow zoophiles at the bottom.
>>
>>33084368
>1 new character
>the rest are cut content
They are cut content from the Wii U version, but they're still new additions to everyone in the west.
>>
>>33084349
>I only bought 3ds for Pokemon
Disgusting.

Broaden your horizons.
>>
>>33084503
I have PlayStation 4 that's my main system.

Going back to as a kid. I only played Pokemon. I have no attachment or nostalgia towards Mario or Zelda or any other system

Ps4 is objectively better right now nostalgia aside
>>
>>33084279
If you like fighting games at all, then probably. If not, then likely not.

I'll be getting it but like most fighting games I probably won't be playing it much because I just don't care that much about fighting games. Good for a spin now and then but not as a regular thing.
>>
discord.gg/pokken

come here and say you're from reddit or something. trust me you'll be fine, everyone is great.
>>
>>33084279
Zelda fans who only got the Wii u because of breath of the wild would like to have a word with you. Also get breath of the wild.
>>
>>33084641
I love smash bros but hate tekken

Which one is it similar too
>>
>>33084699
It is more similar to Tekken than Smash Bros desu.
>>
How can people call a game dead when it still has a competitive circuit? It's like calling VGC dead.
>>
>>33084749
Vgc is dead
>>
>>33084279
No. This and MK8 Deluxe are fucking disgusting. Makes you pay for a game and DLC characters when they are repackaged years later. Fuck that shit.
>>
OP had been creating the same pokken whining thread every other day
>>
If you want an actual competitive fighting game to play, yes.

If you want a casual button masher to play for shits, no.
>>
File: weavile rad.jpg (69KB, 360x432px) Image search: [Google]
weavile rad.jpg
69KB, 360x432px
Post your mains, rank, winrate, and the character you are most excited for in DX

>Weavile
>A5
>57.2%
>Scizor
>>
>>33084338
I want to use Garchomp. Is that dumb?
>>
Dude, get Splatoon 2.
>>
>>33084279
I'm in a similar situation, but due to the handheld features being nearly non existent I probably won't be using it at as a Pokemon machine at all.

Pokken is a nice pick up and play thing I don't need to put much time into it, so I can still play some manner of Pokemon with my limited hometime.
>>
File: 1500641348054.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500641348054.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>33086675
>Mains
What an ignorant!
>>
>>33084279
It's good if you're into fighting games and if you have some friends to play with you. Fighting games when you're alone are not very fun and don't push you to progress, even with online...

I have a group of friend and we're all into fighting games. We had a very good time with Pokken, unfortunately we dropped it after one or two months because, only one of us had a WiiU, so we couldn't train on a regular basis.

Even though there is of course a tier list and better characters than the others, from what we could tell, the game was unexpetedly well balanced, so about any character is at least viable.

Our issues so far was how the game managed the phase shifting, the idea is not bad but the execution is not entirely convincing all the time. And the game lacks some kind of "explosive craziness" (but that generally comes with extremely unbalanced character so, you can't have everything I guess). I was about to say that the roster is also a bit poor but since this DX version fix that a bit, it's not that much of a problem anymore.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.