[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favourite legendary theme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: giratina.jpg (57KB, 593x557px) Image search: [Google]
giratina.jpg
57KB, 593x557px
What's your favourite legendary theme, /vp/? Personally, I'm a big fan of Giratina's theme. I think it does a good job of fitting in with the lore behind the mon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWKA-JGA-3M
>>
>>33083792
Do legendary people count?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4vbQioE2JA
>>
Primal Groudon/Kyogre's theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V0kzLYkYTM
I think the fact that it sometimes goes back the original theme, basically reverting back to it's original form like Groudon/Kyogre does, is a really nice touch.
>>
>>33083892
that 80's vibe dude
>>
I don't like any of the legendary Pokemon themes

The closest I'm gonna get is my favorite boss theme from a """"""Pokemon Knockoff"""""" that is legit better than Pokemon itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FmDUo3rRLA&list=PLwXcjRGgBacYA5MIu60iwOXr26jTRSfGF&index=9
>>
>>33083792
you just posted it
second favorite is Deoxys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_BRW5S0Ys
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
The only correct answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Hs4s9LLVg
>>
>>33083792
Giratina's theme sounds like a complete clusterfuck.
>inb4 that's the point
It sounds like shit
>>
File: 1500564114281.png (18KB, 927x885px) Image search: [Google]
1500564114281.png
18KB, 927x885px
>>33085733
>>
>>33083892
That was a great theme. Really made it feel like the finale.
>>
>>33085733
agreed
>>
>>33083792
How does it do a good job fitting in with the lore? The theme sounds ridiculous.

As for me I'd have to say Deoxys/Primal theme/Fused Kyurem themes are my favorites.
>>
One of my favorites along with the Primals and Deoxys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPhtujy_jXc
>>
>>33085739
>anything I don't agree with is bait!
>>
>>33085733
This.
Giratina's theme really does sucks op.
>>
File: 1431825621915.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1431825621915.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>33085733
>>33085746
>>33086137
>samefagging this hard
>>
>>33085733
>>33085746
>>33086137
>>33085753
>there are people on this board that think Giratina's theme is bad
For the sake of my own sanity, I'm going to assume you're just one guy samefagging. It's easily one of the best themes in the series.
>>
https://youtu.be/i7SrUYEKMOg
Regi theme has it for me. RSE had great music in general.
>>
>>33085454
Fucking love Deoxys theme. Don't know why that version sounds so shit though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w12R_PmXHEM
>>
>>33086220
>I don't agree with that opinions so it's gotta be bait
>>
These should be all the legendary battle themes by game.

Crystal
>Battle! Raikou/Entei/Suicune

Ruby/Sapphire
>Battle! Super-Ancient Pokémon
>Battle! Regirock/Regice/Registeel
>Battle! Raikou/Entei/Suicune

FireRed/LeafGreen
>Fight (VS Legendary Pokémon)
>Fight (VS Mewtwo)
>Fight (VS Deoxys)

Emerald
>Battle! Mew

Diamond/Pearl
>Battle! Dialga/Palkia
>Battle! Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
>Battle! Legendary Pokémon
>Battle! Arceus

Platinum
>Battle! Giratina

HeartGold/SoulSilver
>Battle! Raikou
>Battle! Entei
>Battle! Suicune
>Battle! Lugia
>Battle! Ho-Oh
>Battle! Suicune (GB Sounds)

Black/White
>Battle! Reshiram/Zekrom
>Battle! Legendary Pokémon
>Battle! Kyurem

Black 2/White 2
>Battle! Black Kyurem/White Kyurem

X/Y
>Battle! Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde
>Battle! Mewtwo

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
>Battle! Primal Reversion
>Battle! Deoxys

Sun/Moon
>Battle! Ultra Beast
>Battle! Solgaleo/Lunala
>Battle! Tapu
>>
>>33086338

The OG version is so much better than the ORAS version.
>>
>>33086220
I just don't think it fits really well with the legend in general. To be fair though, I don't think many themes fit very well at all though.
>>
>>33087423
Not him, but I think it captures the fear of its Ghost typing, the intense ferocity of its appearance and lore ("It was banished for its violence"), the dissonance of the world you're in, and the major scale of the battle. It's pure Giratina, while Dialga and Palkia have a theme that has more elegance and sophistication to it. The muted piano buildup at the beginning of their theme really feels like it fits the time and space motif, while Giratina's theme has moments where it's almost like you're listening to a heartbeat, followed by the violins from Psycho's shower theme, buildup from Jaws, and some audio bytes that sound like they're being played backwards.
>>
Battle Arceus
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ

I know it doesn't sound nearly as good as other legendary battle themes. But dude, this theme gives you the chills. It starts out with soft drums, those kind of sounds that say "wait for it" and then that noise appears, giving you bad vibes; anyways you are battling the one that created you and everything else.
>>
>>33087521
>Dialga and Palkia have a theme that has more elegance and sophistication to it
Sure, but that doesn't fit them at all. Nothing about those two says elegance or sophistication and you battle them when their universe-destroying powers are apparently going out of control. The theme should be more intense. Ironically, I think Giratina's theme fits more with them because of how fast-paced it is.

I'm not sure what I'd expect from Giratina though. Maybe something a bit more like Arceus' theme, except not quite as dissonant.
>>
>>33087543
Dialga and Palkia aren't shown to really clash with each other in the games like they're shown to in the anime. The feeling I got from them was that they were gods of time and space respectively, living outside of regular existence (possibly in the same dimension that Arceus inhabits). You also battle them after Team Galactic has been beaten and they're mostly under control. Giratina is the opposite of them, the one that was banished to the underside of reality for its violence.
>>
>>33087564
>Dialga and Palkia aren't shown to really clash with each other in the games like they're shown to in the anime
What does this have to do with anything?
>The feeling I got from them was that they were gods of time and space respectively, living outside of regular existence
Yeah, I just can't get that feeling. It's why I dislike the creation trio in general (except for Giratina) - them being these gods and then being able to be controlled by Cyrus (especially after Emerald threw that spiel about man being unable to control nature) and then you catching/defeating them... it just felt really silly.
>You also battle them after Team Galactic has been beaten and they're mostly under control
No, I recall Cynthia saying that Dialga/Palkia are seemingly asking the player character to stop them, indicating that they aren't entirely under control.
>Giratina is the opposite of them, the one that was banished to the underside of reality for its violence
Yes, that's why I thought a theme like Arceus' would fit better. Arceus' theme being slower gives a feeling of encroaching doom and for a Pokemon like Giratina I thought it fit pretty well.
>>
>>33085788
I don't know why, but this theme in particular reminds me a lot of Dragon Quest IX for some reason.

>>33083792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pkD2czKTjE
I like the Swords of Justice theme a lot, especially at the 0:47 where the tempo slows down and then picks back up again, like in Giratina's theme.
>>33083909
This is also nice.
>>
>>33087598
>What does this have to do with anything?
They aren't inherently clashing forces like Groudon and Kyogre like the anime makes them out to be.
>Yeah, I just can't get that feeling. It's why I dislike the creation trio in general (except for Giratina) - them being these gods and then being able to be controlled by Cyrus (especially after Emerald threw that spiel about man being unable to control nature) and then you catching/defeating them... it just felt really silly.
I thought that Cyrus prepared more than Maxie and Archie. He captured Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf using the knowledge of their shared origins with Dialga and Palkia, and created the Red Chain to control them. While UMA, freed by the player, stop Dialga or Palkia in Diamond and Pearl, they are unable to do so to the both of them in Platinum. Destruction of everything was also part of Cyrus' plan. Even if he couldn't fully control them, he wanted everything wiped out to begin with. The only problem would be if he couldn't manipulate them into creating a new world from scratch. It was only thanks to Giratina's intervention that both Dialga and Palkia were freed, going back into their own dimensions (though they do leave behind rips in time and space). Maxie and Archie just got the orbs and thought they would be in control of Groudon and Kyogre. Groudon and Kyogre are clearly far more belligerent than Dialga and Palkia.
>No, I recall Cynthia saying that Dialga/Palkia are seemingly asking the player character to stop them, indicating that they aren't entirely under control.
Professor Rowan says that Dialga/Palkia are no longer in control of their power, but they want you to battle them as a challenge to prove your strength. The way it's phrased makes it sound like they want to test you and the "no longer in control" thing is a halfhearted excuse.
>Arceus
Arceus' theme sounds way too climactic to fit Giratina, above all else.
>>
File: ayy lmao.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.gif
2MB, 356x200px
>>33086338
Came here to post this
>>
>>33087694
>They aren't inherently clashing forces like Groudon and Kyogre like the anime makes them out to be.
Yes, I know. What does it have to do with anything though? I don't understand why you mentioned it all of a sudden.
>I thought that Cyrus prepared more than Maxie and Archie. He captured Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf using the knowledge of their shared origins with Dialga and Palkia, and created the Red Chain to control them.
He absolutely did, but that's not really what my issue about the whole thing is. Pokemon gods shouldn't really have been able to be controlled in the first place and it kind of breaks my suspension of disbelief especially after RSE. It's just a weird decision to make with lower-tier legendaries being unable to be controlled but higher-tier legendaries able to be controlled? No, I don't agree with it. There should've been a different storyline there especially since Mesprite, Azelf, and Uxie can teleport away... but don't against Team Galactic? Was there something there that prevented them from doing so?

But this is kind of getting off-track and isn't the point of thread.
>Arceus' theme sounds way too climactic to fit Giratina, above all else.
Maybe, but the tone of the theme sure fits Giratina.
>>
>>33085726
THIS
>>
File: 1500380324922.jpg (22KB, 480x389px) Image search: [Google]
1500380324922.jpg
22KB, 480x389px
>>33086379
>>33086026
it's like you guys don't know how this works
>>
File: 1496180242933.png (140KB, 391x526px) Image search: [Google]
1496180242933.png
140KB, 391x526px
duhn duhn duhn duhn duhn duhn duhn duhduhduhduhn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGs-ZSyBykQ
>>
>>33085726
Great taste
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.